• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender "implosion"?

Okay guys, I have a Barrett 82a1 and a surgeon 6.5cm. I want to use the same scope on both guns. I will leave it on the surgeon 95% of the time. The scope I am going with is the s&b pm II 5-25x56. My question is what Mount should I go with? I want a quick release Mount but don't want to compromise accuracy. Any ideas?

Trust orkan. He will know the best set up for almost any rifle and rail. Primal Rights is a great company to deal with. Buy with confidence. I have no financial interest in his company- just top notch accessories.

PS-You picked a perfect scope for your desired application! Good shooting.

Last edited:
My new S&B PM II with MTC MSR reticle arriving today. Ordered it before the recent price increase from SportOptics. Both great companies to deal with.

My new S&B PM II with MTC MSR reticle arriving today. Ordered it before the recent price increase from SportOptics. Both great companies to deal with.

Okay how about a review on that S&B did you get it in 5-25x56

Okay how about a review on that S&B did you get it in 5-25x56
I have the S&B 3-20X with MSR reticle and MTC and LT and the S&B 5-25X with MSR reticle and DT. Both are out standing. With my old eyes I use the 5-25X on my DTA and my son uses the 3-20X on his DTA. Turrets and clicks are great and don't mind the MTC in the type of shooting I do. Zero stop easy to set. Tracking spot on. I can't find anything I don't like about them. I like the March 3-24X with FML1 reticle and have the new Steiner T5Xi on preorder for the AI AXMC 308 which should be arriving soon, but will most likely mount that on my DTA and switch the S&B 5-25X over the new AI. Good luck with whatever you choose. Many great options available this year!!!

Last edited:
Sib1948, sounds like you are more than happy with your S&B... even though it is expensive you reach a point where paying a grand more is worth it for the quality and resale value.. I am now looking at the 5-25x56 with the MSR reticle... wish I could see one first hand... So is S&B really experiencing an implosion?

Sib1948, sounds like you are more than happy with your S&B... even though it is expensive you reach a point where paying a grand more is worth it for the quality and resale value.. I am now looking at the 5-25x56 with the MSR reticle... wish I could see one first hand... So is S&B really experiencing an implosion?

My area, just outside Boston, is a desert regards high end rifle gear. When I was buying 3 years ago I too lacked the ability to fondle the high priced gear prior to purchase. I bought my 5-25x56 from Mile High and have been very happy with its performance.

I was looking at getting MSR but jumped on H2CMR when Mile High had a delivery come available. I dont regret changing for the reticle. Ive looked through a 5-25x56 MSR and thought it hid a lot of my target, I primarily shoot paper.

On a good note over the three years since Ive bought my scope I see a lot more high end gear at my range.

Incredible.

More than 4 years ago, this was...