• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Scope Rings

KBARK

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2011
What scope rings/ hieght would be correct for a AR flatop adjustable stock utilizing a NF 7x35x56 ATACR MILXT . It gets confusing Low-Meduim -High or 1.41' 1.35' etc. Also if I would then go to a bolt gun , could the same rings be utilized ?

Thanks , KBARK

They could be but may not be comfortable. Meaning the 1.5” recommended for a flat top may not be work out well when swapping over to a stock / chassis. Really only one way to find out.

The 1.50" ring is minimum height for a full flat top with Nightforce 56mm assuming 0MOA cant. I like to go a little higher as 1.50" will be snug, and if you have any cant in the rail (not usually with AR) or the mount, you will need to go higher

They could be but may not be comfortable. Meaning the 1.5” recommended for a flat top may not be work out well when swapping over to a stock / chassis. Really only one way to find out.
Thank you very much !

The 1.50" ring is minimum height for a full flat top with Nightforce 56mm assuming 0MOA cant. I like to go a little higher as 1.50" will be snug, and if you have any cant in the rail (not usually with AR) or the mount, you will need to go higher
Thank You for this valuable info !! I will be using a 20 MOA cant so this is very good information. I will be moving to a chassis rifle as I can afford it and if I need to buy 2 different mounting solutions I will purchase them. Any suggestions as to BoBro, Spur ,Nightforce, Badger Ordanance ? Seperate rings or canteliever ?

If you’ll be bouncing between AR and bolt action I’d probably go with 0 moa of cant on the mount.

Is your AR a large frame, small frame, or monolithic upper?

If you’ll be bouncing between AR and bolt action I’d probably go with 0 moa of cant on the mount.

Is your AR a large frame, small frame, or monolithic upper?
Falkor with a Dracos barrel in 7.62

I’d probably recommend you try to mock things up and see where the scope ends up eye relief wise on both setups. I’d be confident in saying you can get away with a cantilever mount and the 7-35 on the chassis gun. How much will be specific to you. You may require quite a bit of an offset on the AR. The 7-35 is quite long rear of the erector housing. A Badger COMM (1.54) might be one mount to look at for achieving a mobile package. Definitely one piece mount vs separate rings.

Here is a photo of my Daniel Defense MK12 with a Nightforce 7-35x56 ATACR in a Bobro mount. I took it off my LMT MWS in 6.5 CM for a day. The combination worked fine. I have a LEAP 07 coming this week. I want to try it with the Nightforce 7-35x56 ATACR.
Resize 6521.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your input. What hieght is your BoBro ? What hieght did you get in the LEAP 07, 1.57 or 1.93 for your ATACR 7-35x56 ?

Thank you very much for your input. What hieght is your BoBro ? What hieght did you get in the LEAP 07, 1.57 or 1.93 for your ATACR 7-35x56 ?
The Bobro is 1.5". The LEAP 07 I have coming is 1.57" I will post a photo after I install it.

That Leap 07 is the cat's meow. Damn its nice !!! I cannot wait to see your setup. Thank you very much for your assitance. Is the mount 20 moa ?

Thank You for this valuable info !! I will be using a 20 MOA cant so this is very good information. I will be moving to a chassis rifle as I can afford it and if I need to buy 2 different mounting solutions I will purchase them. Any suggestions as to BoBro, Spur ,Nightforce, Badger Ordanance ? Seperate rings or canteliever ?
The. Bobro mounts are awesome. I initially didn't think I'd like em, and only got one because it came with a used scope I bought. After using it, I got 2 more.