• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scopes That No One Likes To Admit They Own

Everything I have I worked for.
I’m a 43 year old pragmatist. Us guys stuck between boomers and millennials get up and go to work every day and deal with it. I never hear whoa is me from my generation. It’s fuckin pathetic, suck it up life ain’t fair.

Last edited:
Boomers as a whole group have most certainly led to the decline of the USA more than any other.
Let’s look at some of their crowning achievement and stellar advice.
Outsourcing and turning companies into soulless money first and money last attitude corporations. You see I believe in capitalism, but I also believe in the golden rule. Making money is great I love it. Enriching myself while screwing over everyone else however isn’t cool. It’s certainly not of Christ or Morality.
The best part of all this is boomers complain that domestically made products have fell behind. Most domestic manufacturers are fighting with both arms behind their back yet still produce a better product IMO.
Any min now someone will use the good old cell phone argument along with where’s the computer you’re posting from made. It’s a sad and stupid argument that’s is way over used.
I’m just not even gonna go there for now.
One of my other favorites is Boomers convincing their children that they all had to have college degrees. Even to dig a ditch they say lol. “You just need that piece of paper”is a phrase I’ve heard 1000 times growing up. Of course they’re the same generation that would hire somebody less qualified as long as they had that college degree over a “uneducated “ prospect. I’m glad I didn’t listen to that advice.
It just goes on and on.
Plain and simple Boomers ( as a whole) are a gigantic selfish bunch of douche bags.
How does this all apply to a optics thread at this point I don’t know.

deathbeforedismount may be an asshole but that doesn’t make him wrong.
I know I feel his pain I just had to cut a check for over $60,000 to the IRS day before yesterday on top of what I paid quarterly. It’s fucking insane and quite honestly pisses me off.
I think it’s time to have a drink I’m taking off early

Everything you described would have happened the exact same way if "boomers" never existed. And so you paid $60K in taxes. Well boo fucking hoo. Welcome to the club. Quit your fucking whining, and be glad you're not declaring losses instead.

And it doesn't mean shit that we can produce a "better" product, if no one is willing to pay the inflated price to buy it. Do you think "boomers" are the only ones who shop at Harbor Freight, or buy LG appliances, or Kia and Hyundai vehicles?

Americans priced their goods out of the market, pure and simple. We can no longer compete with most goods produced today overseas. And it's too fucking bad if you don't like, "the cell phone argument". Because it doesn't make any of it any less TRUE.

Ask yourself why we don't make cell phones and computers here? No one would buy them because they would cost 20 times more, and most likely wouldn't work as good, let alone any better. Apple is an American company. Yet they don't produce a fucking thing here. Ask yourself why? It's because they would go broke in a year if they did.

"Boomers" didn't push college degrees. The fact is they were worth a hell of a lot more when they earned them, than they're worth now. Because teachers and professors back then had more integrity and intelligence, than these American hating, communist indoctrination idiots that colleges employ today. And we got degrees in fields that actually employed people. Not liberal arts, underwater basket weaving, or the study of 67 genders.

"Boomers" worked and paid for their own healthcare, and didn't piss and moan how it's a "right". They saved and invested for their homes and retirements. And weren't stupid enough to think they could retire on S.S.

Today's generation doesn't save a fucking dime, they buy everything they see. And they're going to have to work until they drop. And they'll have no one to blame for any of it but themselves..... But they'll piss, moan, whine, and blame someone else. Just like you and your fucked up buddy.

The only thing they're teaching American kids today is how to hate their country. And they're getting straight A's in that course. How are you going to blame that on the, "boomers"?

In short, your full of shit. Both you and "dismount" could be a tag team for bitching and whining. You both squawk and complain more than a broad on the rag. Go have that drink. Perhaps if you fall down the stairs afterward, it will knock some common sense into your head.

Jesus christ thats more than i made in a whole year working at a gun store peddling all the crap we were originally discussing on this thread.
That's almost twice what I made last year... My company promised me all kinds of shit when I got hired, and now that I've swapped departments (which was supposed to be a occupational upgrade on the corporate ladder 🙄), they basically pay me like slave labor to do a professional job that typically requires a college degree, but with a shitload more responsibility and overseeing multi-million dollar projects everyday.

But...No raise in 3 years "because 1st year I was new, then the last 2 was "because COVID...". Inflation going up..."Fuck your cost of living adjustment, why do you need more money?" You only helped us make $4.5-5 MILLION a MONTH for the last 3 years, and we show our appreciation by giving you a "good job bonus" of $200 and then taxing $72 of it... Now I know how Milton Waddams on Office Space felt... As soon as I find something better, even in the middle of a project...I'm out! 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: OHBowhntr
That's almost twice what I made last year... My company promised me all kinds of shit when I got hired, and now that I've swapped departments (which was supposed to be a occupational upgrade on the corporate ladder 🙄), they basically pay me like slave labor to do a professional job that typically requires a college degree, but with a shitload more responsibility and overseeing multi-million dollar projects everyday.

But...No raise in 3 years "because 1st year I was new, then the last 2 was "because COVID...". Inflation going up..."Fuck your cost of living adjustment, why do you need more money?" You only helped us make $4.5-5 MILLION a MONTH for the last 3 years, and we show our appreciation by giving you a "good job bonus" of $200 and then taxing $72 of it... Now I know how Milton Waddams on Office Space felt... As soon as I find something better, even in the middle of a project...I'm out! 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼

Damn dude idk where your located but if your anywhere in the us right now you should look on indeed theres all kinds of 20$+ per hour jobs lurkin out there and everyone needs people.

Reactions: HaydenLane
Damn dude idk where your located but if your anywhere in the us right now you should look on indeed theres all kinds of 20$+ per hour jobs lurkin out there and everyone needs people.
Alabama... Where big manufacturers flock, because they can get away with paying people SHIT wages, because down here in the Southeast, the average person is poor, because there's lots of uneducated and worthless people...Therefore average wages are also poor. Unless you own your own business (I used to, but Obama's economy fucked that all up), or have a master's degree and work in a big city somewhere. Cities are a living hell to me...I hate neighbors and traffic. 🤦🏼

I'm on there, but I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's going to require a commute, and Brandon's fuel prices are making that not such a great idea, since I have ZERO savings, and massive amounts of debt trying to stay afloat to pay my bills and survive. It's been a crippling road the last 6 years, and it's not looking to get any better for the next 3+ (Biden)...

Tasco 3-9x40......had it since 1987.....finally quit while on my sons .22 last year

Meopta 3-12x44 mil reticle, MOA turrets in a 1/6 moa per click

Alabama... Where big manufacturers flock, because they can get away with paying people SHIT wages, because down here in the Southeast, the average person is poor, because there's lots of uneducated and worthless people...Therefore average wages are also poor.......

Bingo. This is the problem. Not "boomers". Or any other group. Apple, Nike, and all the rest went overseas, because American workers became fat, lazy, expensive, and stupid.

They go to Mississippi and Alabama because, as you just described, the exact same workers exist that do overseas. Uneducated, stupid, and they'll work for shit.

So why should Apple pay some guy here $35.00 an hour to make cell phones, when they can pay some Chinese dickhead who doesn't know shit, or have to know shit, $135.00 A MONTH?

Why should Nike pay a big wage to workers here to make tennis shoes, when they can pay some gook in Vietnam jack shit?... And they're thrilled to get the job. It's simple economics..... Not "boomers", or anyone else for that matter.

Reactions: OHBowhntr
Alabama... Where big manufacturers flock, because they can get away with paying people SHIT wages, because down here in the Southeast, the average person is poor, because there's lots of uneducated and worthless people...Therefore average wages are also poor. Unless you own your own business (I used to, but Obama's economy fucked that all up), or have a master's degree and work in a big city somewhere. Cities are a living hell to me...I hate neighbors and traffic. 🤦🏼

I'm on there, but I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's going to require a commute, and Brandon's fuel prices are making that not such a great idea, since I have ZERO savings, and massive amounts of debt trying to stay afloat to pay my bills and survive. It's been a crippling road the last 6 years, and it's not looking to get any better for the next 3+ (Biden)...
I live in north Carolina and it seems like everyone is desperate for workers. Maybe you should move here.

We could start our own company and make cheap scopes in china and then sell them at harbor freight and then blame jeff bezos for stealing all our business on Amazon.

I think i hit all the key points from this thread so far just now

Everything you described would have happened the exact same way if "boomers" never existed. And so you paid $60K in taxes. Well boo fucking hoo. Welcome to the club. Quit your fucking whining, and be glad you're not declaring losses instead.

And it doesn't mean shit that we can produce a "better" product, if no one is willing to pay the inflated price to buy it. Do you think "boomers" are the only ones who shop at Harbor Freight, or buy LG appliances, or Kia and Hyundai vehicles?

Americans priced their goods out of the market, pure and simple. We can no longer compete with most goods produced today overseas. And it's too fucking bad if you don't like, "the cell phone argument". Because it doesn't make any of it any less TRUE.

Ask yourself why we don't make cell phones and computers here? No one would buy them because they would cost 20 times more, and most likely wouldn't work as good, let alone any better. Apple is an American company. Yet they don't produce a fucking thing here. Ask yourself why? It's because they would go broke in a year if they did.

"Boomers" didn't push college degrees. The fact is they were worth a hell of a lot more when they earned them, than they're worth now. Because teachers and professors back then had more integrity and intelligence, than these American hating, communist indoctrination idiots that colleges employ today. And we got degrees in fields that actually employed people. Not liberal arts, underwater basket weaving, or the study of 67 genders.

"Boomers" worked and paid for their own healthcare, and didn't piss and moan how it's a "right". They saved and invested for their homes and retirements. And weren't stupid enough to think they could retire on S.S.

Today's generation doesn't save a fucking dime, they buy everything they see. And they're going to have to work until they drop. And they'll have no one to blame for any of it but themselves..... But they'll piss, moan, whine, and blame someone else. Just like you and your fucked up buddy.

The only thing they're teaching American kids today is how to hate their country. And they're getting straight A's in that course. How are you going to blame that on the, "boomers"?

In short, your full of shit. Both you and "dismount" could be a tag team for bitching and whining. You both squawk and complain more than a broad on the rag. Go have that drink. Perhaps if you fall down the stairs afterward, it will knock some common sense into your head.

I’m sure there is plenty we will agree on and plenty we wouldn’t. It’s a waste to debate on forums at this point anyway .

What really makes me pissed off is the amount of people that just don’t seem to give a shit. The people who don’t even have these discussions on their radar. Listen I deal with the boomer crowd week in a week out and they are notably worse than other age groups as far as their attitudes and general cut throat me first attitude. Maybe it’s just my situation, but it is what I see. I’m just being honest from my personal perspective. Let’s forget that and talk about younger than Gen X generations . ( for reference I’m a middle 40s GenX)
As far as a younger than me generation goes buying everything and saving nothing. Well your both right and wrong.
Most under 30 gave up before they could start. Let me tell you the Internet and $1000 cell phones aren’t the issue.
Starting out on there own is.

Right now a one bedroom apartment not in the hood in my county( Greenville SC) is $900-2000 per month plus another $250 or so in utilities.
For perspective a $15 a hour job pays just short of $2000 per month after taxes. Throw in auto insurance gas food etc and lord forbid a Kia Rio payment and it doesn’t add up. I know this because my 19yo nephew who wants to be on his own sat down with me looking for advice on this very issue. Now you can cut obviously cut back having a roommate etc, but it might get you by but there is no savings.
My generation could be doing a better job if you want to point the fingers, but the kids just starting out don’t have much of a chance. Hell I didn’t add in healthcare since they could not afford it.
The cheapest starter homes are 1300sq at $250k and up around here in the next county over. Anything else like small mill homes get bought up cash as investment properties. $250k is $100k household income (($48 per hour $5500 monthly)take home pay which sure as shit is not $15 per hour.
Let’s be really honest. $15 isn’t where most 19yo started out till very recently either.
Even at $25 it’s skating by. A lot of what I’m saying applies to people my age as well. I bet there are many here that make $40-60k a year. If they bought a home years ago then it may not be as hard on them.

If you can look at that very rudimentary breakdown and tell me that “We” didn’t fuck young Americans over then more power to you. Now the million dollar question is how did we do that to them ;) well we already know.

When I was 19 I was able to afford 1/3 apartment rent with roommates and a base model izuzu pickup.
I was broke but I could at least be on my own.
These days housing can be a huge factor of cost depending on where you live. Everything else is about the same. The numbers just don’t work and they are getting worse.

8 years ago I bought a BSA tactical 6-24 x 44 30mm tube scope at $129. Amazing value. not that far from my newer Vortex pst ll 5-25 x50 in glass quality and use ability at 1/5th the price. I put in on my ar-15 with a 18” 416r whelan chamber and a ARMS #63 QD mount that cost $40 more than the scope. SFP. no illumination. Bright clear glass. Physically lighter than the vortex. One time build then I guess. I have seen people who own 4 or 5 of these. Lifetime warranty
I have one and my brother has one.... great for the price.

I’m sure there is plenty we will agree on and plenty we wouldn’t. It’s a waste to debate on forums at this point anyway .

What really makes me pissed off is the amount of people that just don’t seem to give a shit. The people who don’t even have these discussions on their radar. Listen I deal with the boomer crowd week in a week out and they are notably worse than other age groups as far as their attitudes and general cut throat me first attitude. Maybe it’s just my situation, but it is what I see. I’m just being honest from my personal perspective. Let’s forget that and talk about younger than Gen X generations . ( for reference I’m a middle 40s GenX)
As far as a younger than me generation goes buying everything and saving nothing. Well your both right and wrong.
Most under 30 gave up before they could start. Let me tell you the Internet and $1000 cell phones aren’t the issue.
Starting out on there own is.

Right now a one bedroom apartment not in the hood in my county( Greenville SC) is $900-2000 per month plus another $250 or so in utilities.
For perspective a $15 a hour job pays just short of $2000 per month after taxes. Throw in auto insurance gas food etc and lord forbid a Kia Rio payment and it doesn’t add up. I know this because my 19yo nephew who wants to be on his own sat down with me looking for advice on this very issue. Now you can cut obviously cut back having a roommate etc, but it might get you by but there is no savings.
My generation could be doing a better job if you want to point the fingers, but the kids just starting out don’t have much of a chance. Hell I didn’t add in healthcare since they could not afford it.
The cheapest starter homes are 1300sq at $250k and up around here in the next county over. Anything else like small mill homes get bought up cash as investment properties. $250k is $100k household income (($48 per hour $5500 monthly)take home pay which sure as shit is not $15 per hour.
Let’s be really honest. $15 isn’t where most 19yo started out till very recently either.
Even at $25 it’s skating by. A lot of what I’m saying applies to people my age as well. I bet there are many here that make $40-60k a year. If they bought a home years ago then it may not be as hard on them.

If you can look at that very rudimentary breakdown and tell me that “We” didn’t fuck young Americans over then more power to you. Now the million dollar question is how did we do that to them ;) well we already know.

When I was 19 I was able to afford 1/3 apartment rent with roommates and a base model izuzu pickup.
I was broke but I could at least be on my own.
These days housing can be a huge factor of cost depending on where you live. Everything else is about the same. The numbers just don’t work and they are getting worse.
Tbh that is the sad truth ab todays young adults in relation to boomers. But i will tell you a story.

Once on another forum, a gun forum (populated by local boomers mostly) i infiltrated their off topic section and posed as a liberal moderate posing as a hardcore republican who had shaky cover, and once they felt like they had found me out and determined i wasnt a southern local (as they claimed amongst themselves) they IMMEDIATELY started posting carpetbagger and I 95 north memes and telling me to fuck off or move to Europe and get a sex change, all while calling ME the meanspirited douchebag without ever stopping to consider that i might just be a troll.

So when it comes to millennials blaming everyone but themselves, yes, they do, but boomers dont waste any time playing the blame game either.

Jesus christ thats more than i made in a whole year working at a gun store peddling all the crap we were originally discussing on this thread.
My income has went up a lot in the last 8 years but before that my tax bill this year was more than I used to make yearly. My wife and I together paid close to $80k together this year.
It sucks to work so f—king hard to get where I’m at to pay that kind of money and watch .gov piss it away.
When the just deduct taxes from your paycheck you really don’t notice it nearly the same, vs when you have to write a check for it. It really plays head games with me.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind paying some taxes. We obviously need roads etc. but we’re way past that as a nation.

Tbh that is the sad truth ab todays young adults in relation to boomers. But i will tell you a story.

Once on another forum, a gun forum (populated by local boomers mostly) i infiltrated their off topic section and posed as a liberal moderate posing as a hardcore republican who had shaky cover, and once they felt like they had found me out and determined i wasnt a southern local (as they claimed amongst themselves) they IMMEDIATELY started posting carpetbagger and I 95 north memes and telling me to fuck off or move to Europe and get a sex change, all while calling ME the meanspirited douchebag without ever stopping to consider that i might just be a troll.

So when it comes to millennials blaming everyone but themselves, yes, they do, but boomers dont waste any time playing the blame game either.

Ain’t that the truth.

Let me honest and I’m a way that relates to this being a optics sub fourm.
I’m really bitter today as some may be able to tell. The main reason is if my taxes were under a self imposed dollar amount I was going to buy my first thermal scope. I was trying to shop better quality so any purchase was going to be expensive.
Sure I have money but I keep my fun cash budgeted separately and thermal is crazy expensive. I may do a gun safe garage sell or something.

Oh found a optic I forgot I had and I’m ashamed to own. I have a Sig red dot forget the model. I bought it to put on a gas blow back airsoft trainer for new shooters.
Honestly it works fine for what it’s used for, but f—k China and all that.

I was debating posting up but yes, I admit it. I have more than one.

images (1).jpeg

I have it in MOA & MIL.

My income has went up a lot in the last 8 years but before that my tax bill this year was more than I used to make yearly. My wife and I together paid close to $80k together this year.
It sucks to work so f—king hard to get where I’m at to pay that kind of money and watch .gov piss it away.
When the just deduct taxes from your paycheck you really don’t notice it nearly the same, vs when you have to write a check for it. It really plays head games with me.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind paying some taxes. We obviously need roads etc. but we’re way past that as a nation.
I barely broke $30K and paid over $8,500 just in taxes last year (not including the health insurance racket, and into my 401K)...And I don't have any dependents or anything to claim as a deduction. Not married, don't own my home (rent), etc... All-in-all, about $11,000 went to taxes and healthcare extortion fees. I got back like $1,200. 🙄 The IRS loves to bend me over, and has since I was 16. I got buddies who made the same money, worked for the same company, paid less in, and got more back and never had anything to claim either... 🤬 I swear they just pick some people out of a hat, and decide to fuck them harder than the rest...Without lube.

• Angry
Reactions: Bakwa
I successfully bagged two coyotes last night with an AGM thermal that was definitely made in china.

Reactions: Gohring65
...... The cheapest starter homes are 1300sq at $250k and up around here in the next county over. Anything else like small mill homes get bought up cash as investment properties. $250k is $100k household income (($48 per hour $5500 monthly)take home pay which sure as shit is not $15 per hour.

If you can look at that very rudimentary breakdown and tell me that “We” didn’t fuck young Americans over then more power to you.

No one "fucked anyone over". I bought my first new car at age 20. I paid $3,200.00 cash for it. (A 1970 Chevy Nova SS). I earned the money working full time as a gas station attendant / mechanics helper, earning $3.25 an hour fresh out of high school.

I lived at home with my mom in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment. (My dad ran off with another woman, and left us when I was 11).

The last new car I bought after I retired is a 2018 Toyota Camry. It cost $26,000.00. I was making $27.00 an hour as an diecast moldmaker and aerospace machinist when I retired at 62 in 2014.

I'll do the math for you. $3,200.00 divided by $3.25 = 984 hours worked at gross pay to make the purchase in 1970.

$26,000.00 divided by $27.00 = 962 hours worked at gross pay to make the purchase in 2018...... And the new Toyota is 50 times the better car. Better running. Better driving. Better looking. Better fuel economy, and damn near as fast. Easier and cheaper to maintain and insure. And 100 times better appointed. And it cost 22 hours less work to pay for it 48 years later.

They can't afford houses today because they want 2,600 sq. ft. 4 bedrooms and 3 baths as a "starter home". They simply don't make the money to support what they want. That's no ones fault but their own. There are plenty of cheaper, smaller, more affordable homes on the market.

My first house was a 980 sq. ft. one bath crackerbox frame ranch, that needed everything from a new roof, to all new carpet and flooring. That house is more affordable today than it was when I bought it back in 1976. Going by current wages and home values in that area.

But they don't want it. It's too small for their, "growing family". Too bad, then live in your mother's basement. I couldn't care less. Just don't whine to me that you can't afford a house because someone else, "fucked you over". That's not the problem. They can afford a house they need. The problem is they can't afford a house they want.

Inflation existed 200 years ago. It existed 50 years ago. It exists today. And it will exist 100 years from now. All that's changed is today they bitch and moan about it more, and want to blame someone else for it. What else is new?

I taught Physics for over 30 years ,now retired, and mho is that if the parents have brought up their children with a good set of values their children are usually wonderful students. On open school night when parents come for conferences with their children's teachers guess who shows up. Correct, the ones who have students who behave well in class and usually achieve decent grades. I don't think a teacher can do anymore than present a positive example for students emulate. It's the parents who have the most influence on a Childs moral compass. And sometimes it's peer pressure that causes students to choose a different moral compass despite what the parents have done to bring up their child.

Here I'll agree. But you must remember that back in the days of the "boomers", we had the Parent Teachers Association, (PTA). Back then teachers welcomed the parents input, as to what they thought of the curriculum, as well as how it's being taught. The teachers and the parents had regular get togethers to discuss this kind of stuff.

Now the exact opposite is happening. The parents still want to give their input, but the teachers are screaming and fighting with the parents to stay the fuck out of their kids education. The parents are objecting to all of this bullshit "Critical Race Theory" being shoved down their kids throat. Along with pure crap like the "1619 Project", that is basically teaching kids to be ashamed they're white. Not to mention all this idiotic progressive gender crap that's being preached to 5 year olds.

The teachers have done a complete 180, and are acting as if they're some kind of self appointed Gods, who have complete rule over the students. You now have police showing up at these school conferences, and making arrests. All because these teachers / indoctrinators have gone completely off the rails with all of this totally insane bullshit.

The parents have no recourse except to put their kids into private schools...... Which many simply cannot afford. Especially after having the bulk of their property taxes going to support all of this insane nonsense to begin with. It's gotten completely out of control. And this is somehow the "boomers" fault? I don't think so.

None of this shit is the fault of a group of people who's only difference from anyone else, is they were chronologically born between a certain bracket of years. That is stupidly insane.

Billt, I completely agree with what's going now in the classroom. Parents have an absolute right to have a voice in what's being force fed the children. CRT sucks in my opinion and if I was a parent I would feel the same way. To much of this woken crap has been brought into the classroom as the collages and universities have been taken over by academics and the professors are mostly lefties now infuse their political beliefs into the subject matter that's supposed to be taught. I couldn't teach in the envroment the now is so pervasive in the educational system today.

Last edited:
What is this infamous “CRT”?
Critical Race Theory... Basically, it teaches white kids that they are inherently privileged and racist because they were born white, and it teaches every other kid that they're disadvantaged and victims from birth because they're not white. It's extremely racist and teaches kids to be racist towards and hate white people from a young age, by teaching them a bunch of BS and lies. Now you see why everyone who isn't a Democrat or self-hating white liberal, is completely against schools teaching CRT. It IS modern day racism...Plain and simple.

Reactions: AMGtuned and billt
No one "fucked anyone over". I bought my first new car at age 20. I paid $3,200.00 cash for it. (A 1970 Chevy Nova SS). I earned the money working full time as a gas station attendant / mechanics helper, earning $3.25 an hour fresh out of high school.

I lived at home with my mom in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment. (My dad ran off with another woman, and left us when I was 11).

The last new car I bought after I retired is a 2018 Toyota Camry. It cost $26,000.00. I was making $27.00 an hour as an diecast moldmaker and aerospace machinist when I retired at 62 in 2014.

I'll do the math for you. $3,200.00 divided by $3.25 = 984 hours worked at gross pay to make the purchase in 1970.

$26,000.00 divided by $27.00 = 962 hours worked at gross pay to make the purchase in 2018...... And the new Toyota is 50 times the better car. Better running. Better driving. Better looking. Better fuel economy, and damn near as fast. Easier and cheaper to maintain and insure. And 100 times better appointed. And it cost 22 hours less work to pay for it 48 years later.

They can't afford houses today because they want 2,600 sq. ft. 4 bedrooms and 3 baths as a "starter home". They simply don't make the money to support what they want. That's no ones fault but their own. There are plenty of cheaper, smaller, more affordable homes on the market.

My first house was a 980 sq. ft. one bath crackerbox frame ranch, that needed everything from a new roof, to all new carpet and flooring. That house is more affordable today than it was when I bought it back in 1976. Going by current wages and home values in that area.

But they don't want it. It's too small for their, "growing family". Too bad, then live in your mother's basement. I couldn't care less. Just don't whine to me that you can't afford a house because someone else, "fucked you over". That's not the problem. They can afford a house they need. The problem is they can't afford a house they want.

Inflation existed 200 years ago. It existed 50 years ago. It exists today. And it will exist 100 years from now. All that's changed is today they bitch and moan about it more, and want to blame someone else for it. What else is new?
I'm not old enough to be a boomer but I l am pretty similar. Bought my first house in 92. Interest rates were 9%. We drove older cars and clipped coupons, did side jobs, etc to make ends meet.

I kept working hard to get promoted, learned every part of the business, and am now second to the VP. Some of it was luck but a lot of it was hard work and long hours. So many days that I wanted to walk away.

If any of those 19 year olds making 15$ hour want to get out of McDonald’s and make real money there’s opportunities out there. A 19 year old can come to Appalachia and start out at 100k$ in the oil fields. I know 25 year olds making 150k there’s opportunities for women too.
You gotta want to live better, ain’t nobody going to give it to ya. There’s a rumor going around that 20 year olds in Texas can make 200k in the oils fields.

If any of those 19 year olds making 15$ hour want to get out of McDonald’s and make real money there’s opportunities out there. A 19 year old can come to Appalachia and start out at 100k$ in the oil fields. I know 25 year olds making 150k there’s opportunities for women too.
You gotta want to live better, ain’t nobody going to give it to ya. There’s a rumor going around that 20 year olds in Texas can make 200k in the oils fields.
Are those wages directly related to domestic gas prices?

Are those wages directly related to domestic gas prices?
Not sure, it’s been booming here in Appalachia since the advent of fracking several years ago. I know guys who bring home 5k a week after taxes.

It's MOA, but it was a gift so I'm not bitching at all.
Glass is better than my several year old phone camera makes it look
A48EB692-A9B4-4080-A901-D922DB5BCF62.jpeg
17AB211F-02C0-492B-97FA-3E00117B0DA2.jpeg
B8D7D8FC-CBCE-4107-A269-14B2F8330D76.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, in attempting to get this thread back on track, I liked the Presma "Sniper" scope so much, I went and bought another one for my Rock River Arms LAR-9, 9 MM Carbine. And lost the carry handle with the iron sights. Yeah, I know that a 4-16X with a 30 MM tube is a bit much for a 9 MM carbine, but this scope is so clear and bright, that for the price I thought why the hell not.

What I wasn't too overly impressed with were the scope rings it shipped with. They were adequate, but not much more. So I also ordered a couple of sets of these Burris Tactical XTR Signature Rings, with the Polymer offset inserts. And installed them on both the DPMS .308, as well as the 9 MM carbine.

The magazine in the 9 MM is a 10 round, "anti gun special", They're nice for sighting in off the bench, because they don't stick out so far. (I've got a bipod on order that's coming Tuesday).

These inserts allow you to achieve whatever degree of cant you want on the scope, without screwing around with tapered scope bases. And they hold very well, and will never mar up a scope tube.

The rings have 6 screws per ring, along with a double steel on steel clamp for attachment to the Picatinny Rail. It's an extremely stout and rugged setup. And they come very well packaged in an impact resistant, dense foam lined, waterproof locking case, (that can be used for a lot of other things after you install the rings), with the offset inserts packaged underneath the rings themselves in pairs.

You can see from my original picture that I posted, how much more substantial the Burris Tactical Signature Rings are on the .308. Now if the damn wind would stop blowing around here long enough for me to get them both out to the range, I'll be a happy camper.

Dg3TjxC.jpg

U5rIyeX.jpg

yWVfCja.jpg

uYEhBfh.jpg

L56GCCY.jpg

Just an observation here Gentleman and Ladies, but judging from a few of the rather acrimonious responses of some of the posters it would appear the scope they should admit to owning is a Procto which just might be what they are sitting on. Just kidding.

Oh by the way Weaver T-16 circa 1984.

Reactions: lash
I have a old widefield fixed 4x in the safe I had on an old .22.

Probably a redfield I forget. That's 8 shots on a paster dot. I was going for 10 and stopped before I threw one.

IMG_1220.JPG

Primary Arms 4-14x44
China to the bone, but works for a great beater rifle back when I bought it for 250ish bucks.
Still sees daylight every so often.

1650991093900.png

Haven’t read through all the posts but,
My low end cheap is an NC Star that came on a Savage from who knows how long ago
My high end cheap purchase was a couple of Falcon Menace scopes. Japanese glass assembled in the UK
I really did actually like them… at the time… they must be 15yrs old now at least

Primary Arms 4-14x44
China to the bone, but works for a great beater rifle back when I bought it for 250ish bucks.
Still sees daylight every so often.

View attachment 7857373
I have one on an old 700P in 308 that sits in the back of the safe. It was one of the first budget scopes that had wind holds so I bought it a used one to try. They are not the clearest glass in the world but seem to dial fairly accurately and has held up to limited use.

I have one on an old 700P in 308 that sits in the back of the safe. It was one of the first budget scopes that had wind holds so I bought it a used one to try. They are not the clearest glass in the world but seem to dial fairly accurately and has held up to limited use.
Yep, that is about it.
Full size IPSC with fresh paint at 500 is about the window.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
One of my biggest scope regrets was getting rid of my weaver tactical
6-30x56. Very underrated scope, it competed well with mechanics and glass to anything in its retail price range, so when they were blowed out at 750$ they were a absolute steal!
now I see that this scope is predecessor of those japan design tactical FFP MIL/MIL rifle scopes 4.5-30x56 from delta optical, tract toric, athlon, trijicon and leica.

they are all the same design, and weaver was probably the first!

Reactions: Gohring65
now I see that this scope is predecessor of those japan design tactical FFP MIL/MIL rifle scopes 4.5-30x56 from delta optical, tract toric, athlon, trijicon and leica.

they are all the same design, and weaver was probably the first!
Primary arms also.

Reactions: lash
I have had a Barska 3-9x40 Huntmaster on a 10/22 for about 12 years. The rifle has been dropped many times and fallen off of a concrete bench. It lost zero after the drop on concrete, but once it was rezero'd it's been fine. It's a piece of junk but the eye box is so forgiving it feels like the eye box is the size of a shoebox.

I paid $30 for the scope with the garbage rings. I've done about a half dozen competitions with it including winning a "state" championship and competing in a "world" championship (I think I placed like 30 out of 50)... and it has performed great every time.

About 7 months ago I replaced it with a Bushnell Nitro 2.5-10 FFP scope with a Christmas tree reticle (I think it's like a $400-$500 scope retail) with a decent mount and I want to switch it back to the garbage Barska lol.