• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Seating Depth - 375 Cheytac

Zacko

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
Australia
Just a question regarding loads for the 375 Cheytac. Plenty of info through the forums but couldn't find a great deal regarding seating depth of differing projectiles. There's a lot of info on the SMK's, but I'm currently loading 350gr solid VLD's and have had mixed reports about bullet jump. I know the solid projectiles need some jump to keep chamber pressures under control, but some have said 0.010" is good while others have told me 0.020-0.040 is a better option.

Would anyone care to share their experience relating to this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Seating Depth - 375 Cheytac

"Would anyone care to share their experience relating to this?"

Never worked with a Chetac but my experience with anything about reloading is no one else can tell me what I need to do to get my rifles to shoot well.

Experiment.

Thanks for the info steve123. I have been doing some experimenting with seating depth but have had mixed success with nothing really being particularly consistent. Was only putting the question out there to try and save a bit of time and heart ache. Load developing charge weight and seating depth can become a little hectic. Just looking for a good place to start again. Thanks fuzzball for your input but I have also done plenty of load development over the years with various calibres, but it can get a little expensive if you don't ask questions regarding lessons other people may have already learnt.

I found that the 350 Hookers didn't group but 1 MOA at 100Y.After wasting a couple hundred rounds trying to work up a good load I ended up discovering that the projos didn't go to sleep till about 400Y.I was able to get consistent 2.5" groups at 400Y.

Thanks again steve123. I did hear that testing and development should not be conducted at anything less than 300 or 400yds. I think that I just find it hard to comprehend how a load can shoot a nice group out further but be woeful in closer? Physics at it best hey. Thanks for the input.

"Thanks fuzzball for your input but I have also done plenty of load development over the years with various calibres, but it can get a little expensive if you don't ask questions regarding lessons other people may have already learnt."

Understand your goal and wish it were different but some questions are so variable that hopeful suggestions from others can easily cause more difficulty than help. "Best" OAL for anything tends to fall in that catagory.

Good luck!