• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seattle mayor backtracking on defunding police, dems at each others throats...

It amazes me what people will spend on a tiny little ranch style house.

We bought our 2300sf 4br, 2 ba, 2CG house, five years ago for $189k.

It was a foreclosure so we got it way under market value.
Hi Mike, Seattle is suffering from "Silicon Valley Creep". People are bailing from CA and moving North. The I-5 corridor from Bakersfield to the Canadian border is turning into Silicon Valley, housing price wise.

Your purchase of your 2300sf 4br, 2 ba, 2CG house, five years ago for $189k, is valued at $2.6M in Mountain View/Palo Alto/Sunnyvale/San Jose. Seriously, no joke.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Hi Mike, Seattle is suffering from "Silicon Valley Creep". People are bailing from CA and moving North. The I-5 corridor from Bakersfield to the Canadian border is turning into Silicon Valley, housing price wise.

Your purchase of your 2300sf 4br, 2 ba, 2CG house, five years ago for $189k, is valued at $2.6M in Mountain View/Palo Alto/Sunnyvale/San Jose. Seriously, no joke.

I know, it's terrible. Housing ownership along the west coast is unobtainable for a lot of people.

There are way too many people here in Florida and if it was in the cards right now, I'd be gone.

All of the people moving into the state is driving prices skyward, but even if I sold and headed where I want to be, the California exodus is screwing up the markets in a lot of places.

Reactions: FatBoy
I know, it's terrible. Housing ownership along the west coast is unobtainable for a lot of people.

There are way too many people here in Florida and if it was in the cards right now, I'd be gone.

All of the people moving into the state is driving prices skyward, but even if I sold and headed where I want to be, the California exodus is screwing up the markets in a lot of places.
Skyward???
That's a no shitter, I feel bad for the new up and coming generation. It's so much money for a 20 something year old, and no inventory in the 100s.
Around me, Mike's house would be 400k plus, or more by a shitton if it was on one of the lakes

Mine is pushing 300k on the current market. 😲

We knew it would be a good investment.

I bought a rental for $46500, sunk another $30k and the last Zillow appraisal was $240,000. Zillow tends to under appraise in this area by about $20k, so this has been one that has worked out beyond my greatest expectations.

BTW, the tenants have never missed a payment.... KOW!

It amazes me what people will spend on a tiny little ranch style house.

We bought our 2300sf 4br, 2 ba, 2CG house, five years ago for $189k.

It was a foreclosure so we got it way under market value.

He was floored when I told him what we paid last year. Said in his area 1.2 - 1.5 M. So now I tell people my house is valued over a million (hushed tones - in Seattle)

Reactions: Threadcutter308
He was floored when I told him what we paid last year. Said in his area 1.2 - 1.5 M. So now I tell people my house is valued over a million (hushed tones - in Seattle)

Eastern TN and western NC used to be great areas for buying property and nice houses cheaply.

Key phrase here is "used to."
Shit is going up everywhere.

My neighbor sold his place last October. He bought it for $155K five years ago. Sold it for $286k
Eastern TN and western NC used to be great areas for buying property and nice houses cheaply.

Key phrase here is "used to."
Shit is going up everywhere.
He already had a couple acres on the lake and bought a mobile home for it. Paid for the MH and retired with money in his pocket and debt free. It worked out for them.