• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins AR Lower pics

Re: Seekins AR Lower pics

Trauma, I can swap you out if you want ????? Will pay shipping and transfer on your end. Sorry about that!

OD/TAN i expected last week, so any day i will have them back and will ship them out quickly

Glen,

Not a big deal, plus I lack the patience to wait. I'm currently installing a lower parts kit to the lower. Great quality plus it really impressed the local gun store where I picked it up.

I'll be ordering rings and a base soon for my 5R though, Thanks again.

The colored one havnt shown up yet. I spoke with them yesterday and they are going to 2 day air them to me no later than this Friday. I even made them specify the Friday they were referring to. Im sorry these are so dang late!!

No sweat Glen, I just want to make sure to notify my FFL when things are en route.

Im glad to see more people taking advantage of the endless options billet lowers have for creativity

Here's mine all built up, can't wait to shoot her.

Vltor upper with Noveske 16.1 barrel
LMT irons
Magpul Miad grip
Magpul UBR
Larue 11.0 free float handguard
RRA 2 stage nat match trigger group

cimg1511c.jpg

cimg1512h.jpg

Here's the one I built up for a friend:

Complete Larue 16 inch upper (which was a press fit!
smile.gif
with 12 inch rail and AAC 762SD mount, RRA LPK with 2 stage NM trigger, etc. I like it, and he loves it!

DSC09103.jpg

DSC09104.jpg

DSC09106.jpg

DSC09111.jpg

DSC09112.jpg

DSC09105.jpg

thanks guys
smile.gif

I *think* we contacted everyone that had a colored lower. If you were not give me a call.

We have a few lowers in stock and are currently working on Uppers, then on to the 308 family of products
smile.gif

Nice pictures chainring! Looks like SBR engravings have a nice spot there on the right side of the magwell.Hmmm!

CHRIS

Heres mine
fyk7iq.jpg

Mega billet upper, Young Manufacturing Bolt carrier and side handle, Compass Lake 16-5/8 Krieger barrel Jewell Trigger, Mag-Pul/JP-V-Tac stocks, Mega billet rail Badger Rings, Leupold 1.24X4X scope. V-tac sling Surefire brake. I like it.

pwc, have you tried giving Glen a call?

A few weeks ago he still had some in stock and I'm sure he is continuing production as well. He's got a new machine he has to keep busy.
smile.gif

Got an e-mail yesterday that Glen had shipped my lowers out. So the first batch of tan and green lowers should be on the way to the customers. There were some subcontracted vendor issues that Glen has been working out, but it looks like he's got them all sorted now.

Give Glen a call if you're interested. With the new machine, I'll bet there'll be batches rolling off the line at a pace you wouldn't believe. Anyway, he's got to keep up with demand for other parts he's not talking about yet, like AR matching uppers.
smile.gif

We have about 40 lowers in stock. Material is on order for the next run, but it will be 8 weeks before they are built and on the shelf.

Rainier arms and Bay area gun works have a few too.

Nice work!

Glen I'm not feeling the love here brother! Is my name still on the list?

I picked up my lower and got to work on it. I still need to take it down to tan the barrel but this is the gist of it.

PICT0088.jpg

PICT0086.jpg

PICT0087.jpg

My two lowers showed up yesterday. You're going to be a busy man, since the quality of your work is so high -- there's no way you'll be able to hire anybody to help you out. Excellent work, great craftsmanship, and thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

color_with_mags.JPG

lower_ALL_assy.JPG

</div></div>

Glen, I just picked up my lower from the gunshop. First off, I wanted to compliment you on the craftsmanship of the piece. Truly fine metalwork.

On the other hand when did the color get changed from the brown in your photos (shown above) to the tan like in Austan's post a few posts above mine? I was expecting brown so was a bit surprised when I saw basically desert tan. Plus I thought these were going to be hardcoat anodized and these look to be duracoated or something.

Also, I know you contract out for the powdercoating but mine is thin in a few spots to where it looks gray from the black showing through.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time or anything, just trying to figure something out and let you know the powdercoating guys need to spend some more time in the dungeon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

color_with_mags.JPG

lower_ALL_assy.JPG

</div></div>

Glen, I just picked up my lower from the gunshop. First off, I wanted to compliment you on the craftsmanship of the piece. Truly fine work.

On the other hand when did the color get changed from the brown in your photos (shown above) to the tan like in Austan's post a few posts above mine? I was expecting brown so was a bit surprised when I saw basically desert tan.

Also, I know you contract out for the powdercoating but mine is thin in a few spots to where it looks gray from the black showing through.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time or anything, just trying to figure something out and let you know the powdercoating guys need to spend some more time in the dungeon. </div></div>

Same questions here Glen. Thanks, Craig

We tried to contact everyone with a colored lower.
What happened was the anodizer could not duplicate the color at all. the first batch of colored lowers got scrapped because the turned out MT dew green or all shades of purple on the brown. After speaking with them they said they can only do it soft and thats what they actually did for the ones in the picture. they were not able to do it in hard coat and i wouldnt accept soft coat because its not durable enough and is screws with the tolerances of the lower. Basically, they lied and got caught.

Sent another batch off to a anodizer known in the industry for their color treatment. Turned out it was paint, Not even duracoat and it looked like a 3rd grader did it. They also shipped these back in plastic sandwich baggies. The beat the piss out of each other int he box all the was across the US. all scrap...

Round 3, we attempted to contact everyone and let them know the options, Black hard coat or hard coat with Duracoat color. There were only a couple people that we couldn't contact so i made the decision to coat the lowers the color and deliver. everyone wanted the desert tan so thats what we went with. Originally i made sure that everyone knew the color could vary from light tan to brown anodize. IF you want a different color or you have thin spots *(and i sure apologize for that as i did all the painting) i will be more than happy to re coat them for you.

Thanks for the info on what happened with the color process Glen. Sounds like you got put through the ringer on that mess.

PM on the way.

maybe i missed this but are you making or are you going to make a .308 lower?

your design looks very well thought out. love the little "mag hook" on the fron of the lower... slap it up and roll that mag in!

Also if you want a little help with anodizing i might be able to help you get set up to do it yourself. its not expensive or messy and would probably save you some money and cut your retail cost some. I offer it in my shop - when i have time to work on anything. and you can offer any color you can mix in hard coat.

We are in the design stage of the 308's now. I am working on some uppers first, then will be on the 308 lower. It will be a similar design with some slight changes.

Anodizing is a no go for us without playing nice with the EPA. I know its not a hard thing to do or real expensive but if i was to do it i would have to higher someone and devote shop space. Hard anodize wont turn out in 7075 because the aluminum dies a natural dark color. Thats just experience with many shops its just not as repeatable as it needs to be but maybe they think the orange color is coolaid..We are using a shop in portland and another in salt lake that are doing a very fine job.

Anyone built an SBR with one of these lowers yet? I've got one coming and that is my plan for it. Hope to have a VLTOR VIS-2 to attach to it.

My attempt. Shilen barrel, Vltor upper, LaRue 13.2 quad rail and gas block, Magpul stock and grip, Young Mfg. bolt and carrier, and Rock River lower parts kit.

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are in the design stage of the 308's now. I am working on some uppers first, then will be on the 308 lower. It will be a similar design with some slight changes.
</div></div>

Glen,

Any status on your 5.56 uppers (to match your lowers)? How about your 7.62 lower design? Now that you've released your DMS, time to go back to the ARs!
wink.gif

-Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjb661</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone built an SBR with one of these lowers yet? I've got one coming and that is my plan for it. Hope to have a VLTOR VIS-2 to attach to it. </div></div>

Just waiting on the stamp.

I can't believe I'm asking this....

Glen, any chance for Purple anodizing?

grin.gif

The wife was sneaky and looking over my shoulder as I scrolled through the pics. Bad time for me to surf near her....

Purple?

I can do purple, but it would have to be duracoat. With hard anodize you can have whatever color you want as long as its black
smile.gif

I have uppers done and some other goodies. I will be posting a new products post so watch for it. Sometime today !!!

Totally agreed on the uppers & quad rail...... for AR10

But still...... AR10 - AR10 - AR10

Come on Glen, show us some love man ?
crazy.gif

Stu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Purple?

I can do purple, but it would have to be duracoat. With hard anodize you can have whatever color you want as long as its black
smile.gif

I have uppers done and some other goodies. I will be posting a new products post so watch for it. Sometime today !!! </div></div>

Roger that, i'm set up for duracoat so that's not an issue here. have seen purple anodizing in the past (probably not the mil-spec hard coat type) and thought i'd ask.
smile.gif

I have been working on the AR10's and will have something this summer if all goes as planned.

I have a few more pictures to take and some fires to put out then i will post about the new stuff.

Uppers, new lowers, forend rail(s) lower prices and even the Ambi push button AICS mag kit...Stay tuned
smile.gif