• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins DMR Question/Information

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    After putting together my own 6ARC with a BA barrel, and after said rifle grouped like doo-doo, and after I decided I had no patience for such things I. went looking for a fully built (by people who know the gasser world) 6ARC rifle. Of course, I landed at Seekins. I like everything about their DMR line except a couple of things and since I cant get anybody on the phone or to respond to a FB Message (thank you SO much corona-crock) I'd like to pose those questions to you on the Hide in hopes that Im not the only one interested in this rifle.

1) The DMR uses a Timney trigger set at three pounds. Can I swap in a TT Diamond AR without compromising warranty?
    2) I'm partial to the Magpul PRS stocks, if I end up not feeling the Seekins stock, can I swap in a PRS without compromising warranty, functionality, or accuracy?
    3) I noted that (according to the website) everything but the 'Black' color is backordered. Does anyone know exactly what 'backorder' means in terms of time- days, weeks, months? I really wanted the gray or OD color but it's not important enough to me to wait six months.
    4) Lastly, those that have previously purchased DMRs in either the 223 or 6ARC flavor, what has been your experience.

Some of this is academic because I placed my order last night-for the black one- but I'm just trying to get data where I can.

(1) yes you can change your trigger, no it will not void your warranty and that's an excellent option you selected.

(2) same as trigger won't void warranty, I was skeptical about the 10x stock but it's solid AF and it's 1/4 of the weight the PRS is. The only thing the PRS has over the 10x is you can not adjust length of pull on the go on the 10x it uses spacers. And if you don't like it I'll buy that shit from you.

(3) No idea, supply and demand drives wait times.

(4) Every Seekins rifle I've shot has been MOA or less with quality ammo. Seekins doesn't have a set accuracy guarantee, basically if you're not happy with the accuracy Seekins will make it shoot to your expectations. Now if you call up and complain about the accuracy and demand 1/4 MOA AR , I guarantee you they will tell you to get fucked.

Reactions: RNR
    (1) yes you can change your trigger, no it will not void your warranty and that's an excellent option you selected.

(2) same as trigger won't void warranty, I was skeptical about the 10x stock but it's solid AF and it's 1/4 of the weight the PRS is. The only thing the PRS has over the 10x is you can not adjust length of pull on the go on the 10x it uses spacers. And if you don't like it I'll buy that shit from you.

(3) No idea, supply and demand drives wait times.

(4) Every Seekins rifle I've shot has been MOA or less with quality ammo. Seekins doesn't have a set accuracy guarantee, basically if you're not happy with the accuracy Seekins will make it shoot to your expectations. Now if you call up and complain about the accuracy and demand 1/4 MOA AR , I guarantee you they will tell you to get fucked.
    Thanks for the info. Yea I'm always Leary about barking because im sure those dudes get ridicules calls all the time. lol. It just needs to be good enough to engage targets as far as the cartridge allows (and maybe a bit more ) so that's why I went with SP because like you I've never had any of their products that sucked or were even 'ok.'

Reactions: bigjake83
    I have been using seekins products for years but as far as purchasing a complete firearm from them my 6.5 Creedmoor SP-10 is my first experience. I purchased the 6.5CM SP-10 specifically to review it on the hide and to give the people here a idea of what they will get from a mid range AR, also Seekins is out of Idaho so I wanted to support my peeps.

At this point I can tell you that the CS from Seekins has been exceptional, and they sell a quality product. My rifle arrived from the factory with some discrepancies that I will discuss in the review when I have time to do it, how Seekins handled the issues is what sets them apart and puts them in the same league as other quality manufacturers like JP, Vortex...... Good CS IMO is just as important as the product its self and they get high marks for both.

Reactions: RNR
    Since a few of you are familiar with Seekins

I've got one of their .223 Wylde 16" complete uppers with a Vortex Viper PST II 3-15x44 mounted and zeroed

I'm now trying to figure out the over height from center bore to center scope

I've got my number for my Vortex scope mount's center to its base from Vortex's website.

I know I can call Seekins tomorrow but trying to do this today and wondering if anyone knows off hand the measurement from center bore to the top of the rail where the mount attaches?

RNR, Not to hijack the OP.
    But, just use a ruler. Go from the center of the 2 gas vent holes on the bcg to the center of your scope.