• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

They had all calibers last week. My brother in law was wanting a PRC, but we ended up finding him a PH1 in PRC on here.

Bummer, got my order canceled. It was OOS. Had a good coupon code too. So I just made an order directly with Seekins. Talked to them and ETA is roughly 4 month wait.

Well, seeing as how the Hornady 180 ELD-M looks pretty good it might still be a winner.

Be aware that Hornady has posted some guidance around 180s and max FPS. I personally had some experience with a DTA and 28 Nosler barrel with 8 twist running 3250 FPS where I got hits at 400 and 600 on steel, then the bullet seemed to disappear. Felt like the jacket was taking damage and then blowing off down range. I would advise anyone loading for 28 Nosler to be aware and do some research unless you want to bring velocity down to 3000 FPS.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I think it has merit when projectile planning might impact a purchase.

Reactions: Aescobar17
Yeah I can’t find any PRCs in stock.
I couldn’t either so I ordered directly from Seekins. Hoping the PRC catches on to drive down the cost and increase options for brass. There’s more and more rifle company’s chambering it which is a good sign.

Havak
26067240-BCF3-4E9A-90B3-7D6AC188E05A.jpeg

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Seems like there are not many accuracy reports from the 6mm Creed. I’m thinking about picking one up. I have a line on a used one for a steal but wanted to hear some accuracy reports with factory ammo. I’m sure I could get handloads to shoot well but I’d love to shoot Hornady black, eldx, match for the convenience. Also I have a LRHSi sitting around. Would that be to top heavy or balance out nicely?

Reactions: Aescobar17
Have you guys with the long wait times considered the Cabela’s version? I ordered my Havak PH1 in 6.5 PRC last Friday and it was shipped to the store yesterday. As my luck would have it, after the 2 hour drive to my nearest Cabela’s, I got delayed on the NICS, so I’ll have to make the 4 hour round trip again to pick it up later.

If you don’t mind the dark gray stock and free muzzle break, it may be worth looking into.

Have you guys with the long wait times considered the Cabela’s version? I ordered my Havak PH1 in 6.5 PRC last Friday and it was shipped to the store yesterday. As my luck would have it, after the 2 hour drive to my nearest Cabela’s, I got delayed on the NICS, so I’ll have to make the 4 hour round trip again to pick it up later.

If you don’t mind the dark gray stock and free muzzle break, it may be worth looking into.

I wanted the Havak action but didn't care for the Magpul stock so I was seriously looking at the John Hancock because it had the Bravo stock. As soon as Seekins introduced the Havak Bravo, I was sold. I'm more than happy to wait to get a Havak action "factory" mounted in the Bravo stock. I would have changed out the free brake for an APA anyway so that didn't even factor in.

It's not like I can easily find PRC ammo or brass at the moment anyway...?

This past weekend I shot a rifle match in the Texas panhandle with my Havak. It was 10 stages and about 89 rounds. Targets were generally 300y to 750y with a wide array of target sizes at all distances. Wind was around 15mph to 25mph from the North and we were shooting North-ish, not much (if any) of a hold was needed close but further out it got tricky.

Anyways, I shot my Havak Pro HP1 with 140gr ELD Match and H4350. My rifle SHOT well all day but I had extreme difficulty cycling my action and my pmag took a shit midstage. Fine red dirt was the culprit I think. I borrowed a metal mag from a generous competitor for the last three stages and it made all the difference, I was able to cycle the bolt like it's was made to do and the rounds fed perfectly. Needless to say I had two metal mags ordered before I finished the match.

Overall I scored 46 points for 7th place finish. I hit over 50 targets but one stage was a miss-start-over-at-zero stage (I missed my last round so zeroed), one was a decreasing sized plate rack at 730y with some tiny ass targets at the end and another was 1 point spinner and 2 point popper stage, which I opted for the spinner every round. Overall I'm pretty pleased with my finish for my first precision rifle match ever and I'm very happy with the way the Havak shot. Hoping my mags will be here before this weekend so I can take them to Raton for the Sporting Rifle Match.

Be aware that Hornady has posted some guidance around 180s and max FPS. I personally had some experience with a DTA and 28 Nosler barrel with 8 twist running 3250 FPS where I got hits at 400 and 600 on steel, then the bullet seemed to disappear. Felt like the jacket was taking damage and then blowing off down range. I would advise anyone loading for 28 Nosler to be aware and do some research unless you want to bring velocity down to 3000 FPS.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I think it has merit when projectile planning might impact a purchase.

Do you have a link for that? I’m using those bullets in a 7 mag and had a few bullets disappear before.

Bummer, got my order canceled. It was OOS. Had a good coupon code too. So I just made an order directly with Seekins. Talked to them and ETA is roughly 4 month wait.
Seekins was running a 15% discount as of yesterday. Did you take advantage of it? I sure did. Got the 6.5prc. Should be a good all around hunting rig.

Seekins was running a 15% discount as of yesterday. Did you take advantage of it? I sure did. Got the 6.5prc. Should be a good all around hunting rig.

Nice! Better than what I got.

I backordered from Seekins after the canceled order. Found a 10% coupon and used that.

Reactions: bodywerks

If it wasn't for the price and having to pay tax I'd consider it. 15% discount through Seekins and no tax gets it to me for under 1900 in my hands including shipping and ffl fees. Cabelas is about 3 hours for me, or around $45 in fuel cost. So total cost for me would be about $2290. I don't need the rifle until December so I can wait.

Last edited:
I shot in the Sporting Rifle Match this past weekend at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM with my Seekins Havak Pro HP1 in 6.5CM. The weather was nice, the wind was generally light but if you've shot there then you know how tricky it can be even then.

The targets were as close as 205 yards and the furthest was 875 yards. Nine of the stages were from prone and one stage forced the shooter to engage over a pile of sticks about knee high, the targets on this stage were a bit closer and a bit larger than most of the other stages but still more than challenging.

I have been reloading for my Havak and settled on a 40.5gr H4350 load with 140gr ELD Match bullets going about 2735fps from the 24" barrel and through my SDN6 suppressor. I used a Kestrel for the ballistic calculations and environmental variables at the match. The altitude there is about 6,700 ft above sea level, where I'm at in the Texas panhandle is 2900 ft above sea level. The Density Altitude at the match on Sunday was as high as 8,800.

At the practice session the day before my drops were right on out to the 700 yard target on the practice range, my biggest concern was the wind. It went from 15mph to 0mph in the time it took me to fire 5 shots, it did the same during the match the next day.

After the 10 stages were finished, I was pleased with my score. I had shot there a year before with my AR-15 and 77gr SMK ammo and it was tough. I did much better with a proper caliber, hitting 46 of the 60 targets and placing in a three-way tie for Third, I was just two points back from first place at 48 hits.

If anyone is in the area I suggest making the match next month. The altitude, wind, distance, and in some cases angled shooting, is a great chance to test your equipment and shooting.

Good morning.

I am new to this page and consequently new to the long range shooting game. I am looking at purchasing a rifle to use at a Law Enforcement Marksman School and for my duty Sniper rifle after that. I am torn between the Bergara B14 BMP and the Seekins Havak Bravo. My price range is right at $2,000.

I will be running a Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18X44 optic.

What would anyone here recommend?

Visually I love my new Havak PH1 in 6.5CM.
My local dealer was able to have within 4 days of my ordering it. Not sure how but the dude surprises me all of the time.
I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet as I’ve only just gotten it. Off to the range this week.
779419A4-7F04-40B2-8A70-EAACAB531A11.jpeg

Last edited:
Visually I love my new Havak PH1 in 6.5CM.
My local dealer was able to have within 4 days of my ordering it. Not sure how but the dude surprises me all of the time.
I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet as I’ve only just gotten it. Off to the range this week.
View attachment 7060478
That's because that's a cabelas special. Basically the same rifle as far as I know, just a dark grey stock and comes with a brake. Can be had cheaper and without sales tax, is pretty much the only reason I didn't go this route. Also not sure if Seekins is having different or less experienced builders get these rifles out. Do you know if it has a hand bedded action?

That's because that's a cabelas special. Basically the same rifle as far as I know, just a dark grey stock and comes with a brake. Can be had cheaper and without sales tax, is pretty much the only reason I didn't go this route. Also not sure if Seekins is having different or less experienced builders get these rifles out. Do you know if it has a hand bedded action?

Mine isn’t from Cabelas.
I asked for it to be cerakoted.
Kinda wish mine came with the break they look interesting.

Reactions: bodywerks
Stick a can on it. Way better than some old nasty brake.View attachment 7061728
That cans are $750+ and take 6 months to a year to get them is a MAJOR turndown. I like them, I want one, but that's money that could be spent on ammo or reloading equipment or better glass. Shot my deer last year behind a 28 Nosler without a suppressor, just brake, and no earplugs. No more deaf than I already was ;-)

Don't forget it's also a world where everyone can afford $1400 Manners stocks, $3000 European scopes, and wear Arcteryx pants to play weekend warrior as if they're all tier 1 tip of the spear spec ops super champions. It's about looking the part, like having a luxury car, they want finesse, not pure performance. Firearms have become a lifestyle accessory, evidenced by the plethora of fancy cerakote patterns and color combos. Personally I'll pass on the superficial customization and use the savings for more brass, powder and primers.

Reactions: alcap
Just picked up a slightly used Gen 1 havak with the McMillan stock in 6mm creedmoor. Loaded up Berger 105’s from 41-42.2 H4350. 8-10mph wind and I was very impressed. Nothing shot over .8 and had 42.2 go under half MOA. I wasn’t able to measure the to the lands and just went with sammi spec OAL. I can’t wait to start more in depth load develop this weekend. It looks very promising for the 30 minutes at the range today.

I put a bushnell LRHSi and the balance was great!! I’ll post up pics later

Got mine last week. Took it to the range this weekend. Here is the best group I got with factory ammo.

6.5 PRC 143 grain eldx.

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_123853.jpg
    IMG_20190413_123853.jpg
    650 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20190409_165905.jpg
    IMG_20190409_165905.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20190413_125543.jpg
    IMG_20190413_125543.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 156
The whole thing is expensive if you think about it. After you dump $1,900 for a rifle and $2,600 for a scope, I think it’s kind of funny to not want a $750 can that you can multitask to many rifles.

A good can will serve you on a boatload of setups. I use my omega on my 5.56 SBR and my 7.62 LMT with the ASR mount; and also my 300 win mag sendero and Havak with the direct thread mount; so it gets plenty of multi tasking. It really reduces felt recoil & the muzzle blast.

I honestly only plan to shoot 100 rounds (+/-) per year with the Havak so I do not really factor the cost of ammo into the equation. It’s more about time and it’s an elk gun (for me).

All that said, I have used an unsuppressed sako finnlight for the last 10 years and done just fine on many a deer and a few elk. But I can tell you the reason I wanted the Havak is so I could suppress it for shooting further off ridges or across canyons. The sako shoots lights out but I lose the sight picture after the fucker goes off. I’m still pretty good at getting 2nd or 3rd rounds off. But rarely do I see the impact.

Last edited:
Ordered a Havak Bravo in .308 at SHOT and Just picked it up from my dealer. It went through the custom shop to have the barrel factory shortened to 20". I love the feel, and the action on mine seems just as slick and smooth as the demo model they had at SHOT.

I went with all black, 20" bbl and optional 40mm medium rings. Pics in a bit.

Last edited:
Mine isn’t from Cabelas.
I asked for it to be cerakoted.
Kinda wish mine came with the break they look interesting.

I got one from Cabelas in 300 WM with the brake. I replaced the Brake with a 419 Hellfire, let me know if you're interested in the seekins one as I'm not using it.

Reactions: Rdubs1978
I am torn between the PH1 in 6mm Creedmoor and the X-bolt Hells Canyon McMillan. The x-bolt is a tad cheaper and has a 26" barrel. I have only heard great things about the x-bolt accuracy, not much info on the PH1 besides what I have read here. This would mainly be an Antelope/Mule deer rifle but would probably use it for the occasional local PRS matches. Had an RPR in 6mm and loved it, just not ideal for hunting (HEAVY). Has anyone shot the Havak in 6mm CM? Did it like Hornaday Match or Precision Hunter ammo?

Looks like Mile High's got the Bravo version in stock. 6.5 PRC in Green too. ~$1600.

My math was wrong. MH price was better. I bought the Green 6.5 PRC. Looks like they only have Black left.

Last edited:
Will the PH1 fit in Magpul stocks? Say either the Pro 700 or the Hunter 700? Seen some posts that say yes and others that say no.

I am torn between the PH1 in 6mm Creedmoor and the X-bolt Hells Canyon McMillan. The x-bolt is a tad cheaper and has a 26" barrel. I have only heard great things about the x-bolt accuracy, not much info on the PH1 besides what I have read here. This would mainly be an Antelope/Mule deer rifle but would probably use it for the occasional local PRS matches. Had an RPR in 6mm and loved it, just not ideal for hunting (HEAVY). Has anyone shot the Havak in 6mm CM? Did it like Hornaday Match or Precision Hunter ammo?

I just bought a used gen 1 6mm Havak with the McMillan stock. First 15 shots of h4350 Berger 105’s all went under .7’s. I did powder charges of 41, 41.3, 41.6, 41.9, 42.2. The best group was 42.2 and went .4....Im going to go back and load up to a stiffer charge as I didn’t see any pressure signs. I’m very excited to see the potential of this rifle. The balance is about perfect for a hunting rifle. Not to light to be steady and not to heavy for hiking the hills.

The previous owner said Hornady Match shot half moa but I haven’t shot any factory through it yet. But it’s nice to know ammo off the shelf will be reliable.

If anybody else has load data for 6mm havak please share.

Reactions: clark33
I just bought a used gen 1 6mm Havak with the McMillan stock. First 15 shots of h4350 Berger 105’s all went under .7’s. I did powder charges of 41, 41.3, 41.6, 41.9, 42.2. The best group was 42.2 and went .4....Im going to go back and load up to a stiffer charge as I didn’t see any pressure signs. I’m very excited to see the potential of this rifle. The balance is about perfect for a hunting rifle. Not to light to be steady and not to heavy for hiking the hills.

The previous owner said Hornady Match shot half moa but I haven’t shot any factory through it yet. But it’s nice to know ammo off the shelf will be reliable.

If anybody else has load data for 6mm havak please share.

If you don't mind me asking what velocities were you seeing with the 42.2 load?

If you don't mind me asking what velocities were you seeing with the 42.2 load?

I haven’t put my magnetospeed on the barrel as I needed a new battery. From hearing others with 26in barrels they were getting around 3150 so I’m hoping my 22in will be around 3050. I’m honestly not going to get caught up on speed on this rifle. I’m going to focus more on consistency and accuracy and then just dial. At least that’s what I say now, but I always find myself pushing the limits hahaha.

Anyone else have a 6mm havak and load data? I feel all the cool kids got 6.5’s

Sorry for the crappy pics. It has been raining since I got it.

I think I’ve decided on a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 to top it off.

28gh4.jpg

Reactions: rhust
Will the PH1 fit in Magpul stocks? Say either the Pro 700 or the Hunter 700? Seen some posts that say yes and others that say no.

Fits fine but some fitting required. In particular the mag catch as shown in the video. Not shown and later discovered is the folder release needs a small channel filed.

Seems like there are not many accuracy reports from the 6mm Creed. I’m thinking about picking one up. I have a line on a used one for a steal but wanted to hear some accuracy reports with factory ammo. I’m sure I could get handloads to shoot well but I’d love to shoot Hornady black, eldx, match for the convenience. Also I have a LRHSi sitting around. Would that be to top heavy or balance out nicely?

I’ve shot 3 different PH1s in 6 Creed, and am about to order another. Accuracy has been fantastic running both factory 108 ELDMs and 103 ELDXs. I laid a sub 3” group at 814 with the 103s a few weeks back.