• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

What was your caliber? I have a bravo in 6.5 PRC that I picked up last week. It was sent with a .308 accurate mag and I couldn't get that to feed for the life of me. Seekins CS said the 300 WSM accurate mag is what it's meant to use.

6.5CM

I wonder why they did this. I too got a 6.5 PRC and it came with a 5rnd AM .308 mag. Luckily i had a couple of 300WSM mags for another build.

Are they gonna send you the correct mag?

You can always expand the feed lips. This is what i was told when i asked Accurate-Mag.

I am calling Seekins today. I did not even think to check the magazine (why would a $2k rifle come with the wrong magazine), but my rifle jammed hard every time I tried to chamber a round. The action was very nice and smooth prior to shooting the rifle. Now, its so rough it "jumps/sticks" when I try to run the bolt. I can even see metal dust particles coming out of the action so I took a video of how rough the action got to send to Seekins. Not happy, but their customer service is really good and I assume they will help me out. When they make it right, no harm no foul.

I also have the Pro Hunter in 6.5 CM and the action was very smooth prior to firing-- even smoother now.

thanks @drtony

Pls keep us updated on the Magazine issue. I would like a replacement for a AM-300WSM mag too.

I don't have any issues with rough bolt movement, mine is smooth, and can still bind if there's any other odd movement. However, seems the trigger and sear lockup is really tight. I thought it was the lugs at first.

after 60 rnds and alotta dryfire and cycling, it has smoothed up on bolt close. can still be stiff.

thanks @drtony

Pls keep us updated on the Magazine issue. I would like a replacement for a AM-300WSM mag too.

I don't have any issues with rough bolt movement, mine is smooth, and can still bind if there's any other odd movement. However, seems the trigger and sear lockup is really tight. I thought it was the lugs at first.

after 60 rnds and alotta dryfire and cycling, it has smoothed up on bolt close. can still be stiff.

I will keep you posted-- have not gotten a hold of Seekins CS yet, but I know firsthand their top notch. My bolt was so smooth and nice until I started shooting-- now the the bolt feels choppy and rough moving into and out the action-- now it's just awful.

I like the stiff bolt throw (open and close)-- I almost prefer it!

I have 3 of the correct magazines arriving today, I will be trying to chamber rounds to see if it works better. I am confident it will work flawlessly. That said, I am hoping Seekins will give me an RMA and fix up the bolt/action.

Reactions: Dooby
Looking at mags for my Havak, has anyone tried Arc mags and how do they feed compared to AW mags? And which go the 2 should I order?

I had a magazine issue on my PH1 in 300 Win mag. The carbon fiber mag simply won’t hold more than one round. The feed lips are too widely spaced and the spring tension pushes the rounds out. Also, the CF feed lips Left me with a lot of CF splinters when loading. Very annoying. Otherwise I am impressed with the rifle though, and Seekins was very prompt and helpful.

I had a magazine issue on my PH1 in 300 Win mag. The carbon fiber mag simply won’t hold more than one round. The feed lips are too widely spaced and the spring tension pushes the rounds out. Also, the CF feed lips Left me with a lot of CF splinters when loading. Very annoying. Otherwise I am impressed with the rifle though, and Seekins was very prompt and helpful.

Have you sourced a difference mag yet? If so where do you get one, I think the length is 3.95” if I remember.

thanks @drtony

I got my 300WSM magazines the other day and they look the same as the one it came with, but it would not sit in the mag well. So I looked at the .308 mag it came with and noticed areas of significant wear on the magazine. Contacted Seekins CS and within a couple hours they responded to my email with a video request of the issues with my action, magazine, and chambering. I sent the videos and within 24 hours Seekins sent me an RMA and UPS pre-paid return label.

I was given an estimation of 4-6 weeks turn around time assuming all replacement parts are available. I am bummed about the rifle going back, but honestly it's hard to be upset when a company stands behind their products with a top notch Customer Service Team.

Reactions: NewWaveGuy
I agree that the CS is great, but not ever needing it would be the much preferred option. There is a string of videos on YT where a guy was having FTF issues on his 300wm Havak. He sent it back, got it back after 4-6 weeks with a list of a bunch of replaced parts. Shot it, more FTFs. Sent it back again. Another 4-6 weeks later, got it back, still had a couple FTFs.
Oh and about 1.5-2" groups with any ammo he tries.
I'm hopeful this is limited to his rifle, or the 300wm chambering, because I have one in 6.5 prc on order and about a month from being built.

I agree that the CS is great, but not ever needing it would be the much preferred option. There is a string of videos on YT where a guy was having FTF issues on his 300wm Havak. He sent it back, got it back after 4-6 weeks with a list of a bunch of replaced parts. Shot it, more FTFs. Sent it back again. Another 4-6 weeks later, got it back, still had a couple FTFs.
Oh and about 1.5-2" groups with any ammo he tries.
I'm hopeful this is limited to his rifle, or the 300wm chambering, because I have one in 6.5 prc on order and about a month from being built.

I have also seen those videos you are referring too. I think (hoping) it was that rifle only. I have a PH1 in 6.5 CM and I have no problem with it, but I am going to sell it for a PH1 in 6.5 PRC instead! Just waiting to see if I can buy a discount card off someone before I place my order.

I had to send my Havak Pro HP1 back to Seekins, but it wasn't the rifle's or their fault. I can tend to get a bit heavy handed with things, and before I knew it I had a hammer in my hand... Bad things happened and they fixed it, literally with no questions asked. I probably have 'dumbass of the year award' locked in and we're not even half way through the year.

My point, Seekins took care of MY issue that I caused. Good folks in my book. Got the gun back in a week and it's back to shooting lights out.

Reactions: Alarka
I got my 300WSM magazines the other day and they look the same as the one it came with, but it would not sit in the mag well. So I looked at the .308 mag it came with and noticed areas of significant wear on the magazine. Contacted Seekins CS and within a couple hours they responded to my email with a video request of the issues with my action, magazine, and chambering. I sent the videos and within 24 hours Seekins sent me an RMA and UPS pre-paid return label.

I was given an estimation of 4-6 weeks turn around time assuming all replacement parts are available. I am bummed about the rifle going back, but honestly it's hard to be upset when a company stands behind their products with a top notch Customer Service Team.

Where was the wear located on the .308 magazine? the feed lips?

If you compare the 300WSM and 308 mags, put the feed lips together, you'll notice the 300WSM is wider. that is to compensate for the 6.5 PRC being fatter.

That's a bummer that it will not sit in the magwell.

Where was the wear located on the .308 magazine? the feed lips?

If you compare the 300WSM and 308 mags, put the feed lips together, you'll notice the 300WSM is wider. that is to compensate for the 6.5 PRC being fatter.

That's a bummer that it will not sit in the magwell.

You can see by my thumb it's worn-- its also bent pretty bad, just cannot tell from this picture. Shipped my rifle back today-- I am confidant Seekins will get things working perfectly!

Attachments

• IMG_20190520_191756.jpg
    IMG_20190520_191756.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 124
@drtony possible they didnt modify/notch the mag catch. That said i did not see any notches on my mag catch. Hope it all works out for you.

Pls let us know how she shoots when you get 'er back

Reactions: drtony
I was also slightly irritated by the magazines as well. My gripe is that the mag well that they put in on the long action does not accept the PMAG Magnum – AICS Long Action; where’s the short actions accept the PMAG short action mags.

Also, I wish they would with recess the crown and/or give a thread protector that slightly extended out beyond the barrel.

All that said, I’m still liking the rifle and plan to hump it on a backpack elk hunt in Utah.

I was also slightly irritated by the magazines as well. My gripe is that the mag well that they put in on the long action does not accept the PMAG Magnum – AICS Long Action; where’s the short actions accept the PMAG short action mags.

Also, I wish they would with recess the crown and/or give a thread protector that slightly extended out beyond the barrel.

All that said, I’m still liking the rifle and plan to hump it on a backpack elk hunt in Utah.

My PRC doesn't take PMAGS. I had to buy accurate mags. Good luck on your Elk hunt!!

For the NXS 5.5-22x56. Anyone know what size NF ultralite rings would work for the Havak PH1? Im thinking mediums but not quite sure?

I run lows in the Seekins rings on my 5-25 BEAST ATACR. (My mistake. I have the ATACR MIL-C reticle)

Last edited:
Reactions: RFREY91
I have the ARC M10 rings in .94 (low) with a Athlon Cronus BTR with a 56mm OBJ.
For the NXS 5.5-22x56. Anyone know what size NF ultralite rings would work for the Havak PH1? Im thinking mediums but not quite sure?
I would expect the NF low tings to work, and to be a tad high (depending on your cheekbones). I love the NF rings, but tend to use them on rifles with adjustable cheek pieces. Badger or Seekins lows should work great.

Reactions: RFREY91
My Seekins Havak shot great yesterday at the Sporting Rifle Match in Raton, NM. The Foundation Stock performed awesome as well. Wasn’t my best showing because of the shifty mountain winds, finished 16th out of 50 shooters. I’ll be back to try again next month!

D7DB5375-4529-4179-A1EA-D445841A07CB.jpeg

Attachments

• 12A69B9B-C3CA-4ECF-9F02-77250471C8B0.jpeg
    12A69B9B-C3CA-4ECF-9F02-77250471C8B0.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 96C1A5C9-C108-4DF8-9D39-45EBE61DB595.jpeg
    96C1A5C9-C108-4DF8-9D39-45EBE61DB595.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 211429D3-E71B-47BD-BFCE-803E0FE82EA2.jpeg
    211429D3-E71B-47BD-BFCE-803E0FE82EA2.jpeg
    883.5 KB · Views: 107
Working up loads for my Havak Bravo. Looks like the sweet spot is right around 41.6gr of 4350 with a 140gr ELDM and Lapua brass.

This is at 300y. The orange dot is 2”. It is only 4 rounds because I used the 5th to include in my ladder.

Very very happy with the accuracy and precision of this rifle.

Attachments

• 26E68F8A-E133-43A6-959E-F15ACA819D53.jpeg
    26E68F8A-E133-43A6-959E-F15ACA819D53.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 837B14E2-DC0D-4C84-9463-247D06833A69.jpeg
    837B14E2-DC0D-4C84-9463-247D06833A69.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
A 5 round 415y group and two 3 round 100y groups.

I’m going to start doing longer range groups. I know I can get it smaller than that.

Attachments

• 03EF9B88-CDEE-47C2-B026-A82EA82C574B.jpeg
    03EF9B88-CDEE-47C2-B026-A82EA82C574B.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 124
  • A8A9B87A-0099-4688-B91E-11BF5A388D96.jpeg
    A8A9B87A-0099-4688-B91E-11BF5A388D96.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 7A8BB5E7-E9BA-4AFD-BB57-32C7C5B5434C.jpeg
    7A8BB5E7-E9BA-4AFD-BB57-32C7C5B5434C.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 109
Try, Windgypsy and I had issues with my 300 WM but got it corrected by a Gunsmith and turned out to be a real shooter with Hornady PH 200gr

Alarka, what issue did your gunsmith identify with your 300 WM? I have a Havak in 300 WM and can't get anything less than 1.2 MOA. Tried ELD-X and Bergers over H1000 powder at different depths and charges with no luck. I'm pretty sure it's not living up to the accuracy potential it should have.

Can anyone comment on how this action could be better or comparable to a Defiance or other manufacturer?

I am still wondering about the ejection mechanism...is it a plunger style or mechanical ejector?

I have rifles and actions at my store. Tomorrow I'll check on the ejector for you(I dont remember right now).

As far as how it compares, I don't like it as much as Defiance and I prefer Curtis over the Defiance. The action wasn't nearly as smooth (out of the box) as others. Then again, keep in mind it isn't nearly as expensive either.

Had a productive evening confirming my dope for a rifle match on Saturday. When I get home I finished loading my final 13 140gr ELDM 6.5mm rounds and open a fresh 500 round box of........ 108gr ELDM 6mm. Well there goes my weekend. Thanks a lot Powder Valley.
67A11C00-DE9C-4EBB-9A6F-FD7C127898F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Alarka, what issue did your gunsmith identify with your 300 WM? I have a Havak in 300 WM and can't get anything less than 1.2 MOA. Tried ELD-X and Bergers over H1000 powder at different depths and charges with no luck. I'm pretty sure it's not living up to the accuracy potential it should have.

PM’d

Looking at the action on the havak is the bolt release high enough to clear a standard stock without having to inlet the stock? It looks like it is slightly higher but I havent been able to verify. I am interested in picking up a havak action to run in a McMillan I have already.

I know this is an old question, but it went unanswered, so I'll answer it for the sake of posterity and knowledge sharing.

On an MPA Chassis, I needed to do some dremel work to have the bolt release clear the action channel (see below). However, I can also confirm that the Havak action fits perfectly out of the box on a KRG Whiskey 3 (6th Gen). No fitting was required either to the recoil lug pocket or the action channel. I did need to wiggle it in a bit, but everything worked without needing files or a dremel.

So, to answer your question, long story short, it depends.

For anyone asking about magazine issues, here are some thoughts, but take with a grain of salt. I probably only have 100 rounds through my 6.5CM Havak so far (the heavy barrel non fluted version, don't remember whether that's PH1 or HP1).

• AICS 10 Round Metal: Feeds well, but occasionally hangs up just a tiny bit going up the feed ramp. Maybe 1-2 times per mag. I give a little extra push on the bolt knob and it chambers.
  • AICS 5 Round Metal: Feed perfectly every time.
  • Accurate Mag 10 Round Metal: Completely hopeless. Has never been able to feed a single round smoothly.
  • Magpul PMAG 5 Round Polymer: Feeds well. This came with the Havak,
  • Magpul PMAG 10 Round Polymer: Feeds pretty well. On par with the AICS 10 round.

I finally got some 147gr ELD's for my PRC and found that they only fit in an AICS mag without the binder plate. Luckily I have one but found the rounds don't feed smoothly at all. Unless I ram that bolt closed, it'll hang up every time. What magazines do they normally come with in the Bravo Havak PRC's? I dropped mine into a Bravo from that carbon fiber stock.

I finally got some 147gr ELD's for my PRC and found that they only fit in an AICS mag without the binder plate. Luckily I have one but found the rounds don't feed smoothly at all. Unless I ram that bolt closed, it'll hang up every time. What magazines do they normally come with in the Bravo Havak PRC's? I dropped mine into a Bravo from that carbon fiber stock.

Mine came with a 308 Accurate-Mag, which is actually the wrong magazine.

Accurate-Mag 300WSM mags work (without Binder). The feed lips are wider and helps feed better the magnum size diameter. All other dimensions are the same as 308 mags, except feed lip width.

There are tools you can use to widen the 308 lips. Magpul mags wont work with 6.5PRC. Internal length is too short.

Thanks! I'll have to get some 300WSM mags, that should solve the issue.

Finally got to “stretch” the 6 Creed to 450 for some groups. I continue to be impressed with this rifle as it’s fired almost everything I have under .5 and most much better. Here was the first group at 450 with 105 vld 42.2 h4350 was. Next week I hope to get it out to 1200.
5DDF9F0D-87B4-4738-A46B-FE7B67B9E97E.jpeg

I just picked up the Havak Bravo 308 from my local gun shop and got my scope mounted up. Now that the scope is on, I just discovered that I cannot reinsert the bolt again. I did not change anything with the scope base, so there should be no issues with a screw contacting. I took the scope back off and tried again, but the bolt will still not go back into action. It can get about 80% in and then just stops. Is there some super secret way to put this bolt in that differs from the countless other bolt guns that I have owned and used?

Last edited:
I just picked up the Havak Bravo 308 from my local gun shop and got my scope mounted up. Now that the scope is on, I just discovered that I cannot reinsert the bolt again. I did not change anything with the scope base, so there should be no issues with a screw contacting. Does the bolt just have to get rotated up really high in order to actually close completely? The bolt can currently travel about 80% of the way, but will not go any further. Any ideas?
Is it somehow binding with the bolt stop? Make sure the bolt channel lines up with the bolt stop

I took my PRC out this weekend that I put into the a Bravo and 50% of the time the magazine drops out when I pull the trigger. There is a lot of slop in the mag side to side (not front to back, I adjusted that) in the magwell. Anyone else run into this and how did you solve it?

I just picked up the Havak Bravo 308 from my local gun shop and got my scope mounted up. Now that the scope is on, I just discovered that I cannot reinsert the bolt again. I did not change anything with the scope base, so there should be no issues with a screw contacting. I took the scope back off and tried again, but the bolt will still not go back into action. It can get about 80% in and then just stops. Is there some super secret way to put this bolt in that differs from the countless other bolt guns that I have owned and used?

When you took the bolt out you might have bumped the “shroud” I think it’s called. It can rotate with fingers and it will click into place.... I did the same thing and couldn’t figure it out for a little bit but finally rotated the back of the bolt and it clicked into place. Try that and see if it works.

I took my PRC out this weekend that I put into the a Bravo and 50% of the time the magazine drops out when I pull the trigger. There is a lot of slop in the mag side to side (not front to back, I adjusted that) in the magwell. Anyone else run into this and how did you solve it?

Mine has a lot of slop and movement but no issues with feeding or mags dropping out.

Have u tried diff mags?

I installed the KRG barrier stop in front of the Bravo magwell and it helped a bit. But still alotta side to side play.

I think you can adjust the magwell fitment with the trigger guard screw...not sure on that.

I only have the one without that binder plate that I can load the 6.5 PRC into. I already tightened it up front to back via the trigger guard.

I’m going to shoot a match without my suppressor and see if the muzzle brake helps me spot my shots any better. My can, SDN6, is very heavy and shooting today it really didn’t seem like much of a difference. Groups were about the same if not maybe a little better. Time to load ammo now.

Didn’t get a pic without the can lol
B1108449-CA55-4203-B9B0-5E3A83FF4E6D.jpeg
8F72C135-8CE0-45CB-BA26-4B3CFF69087B.jpeg
285CAEAF-9598-40CB-8F19-97618DBB11AC.jpeg