• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

I am torn between the PH1 in 6mm Creedmoor and the X-bolt Hells Canyon McMillan. The x-bolt is a tad cheaper and has a 26" barrel. I have only heard great things about the x-bolt accuracy, not much info on the PH1 besides what I have read here. This would mainly be an Antelope/Mule deer rifle but would probably use it for the occasional local PRS matches. Had an RPR in 6mm and loved it, just not ideal for hunting (HEAVY). Has anyone shot the Havak in 6mm CM? Did it like Hornaday Match or Precision Hunter ammo?

Mine loves both the factory 108s and 103s.

Reactions: clark33
The whole thing is expensive if you think about it. After you dump $1,900 for a rifle and $2,600 for a scope, I think it’s kind of funny to not want a $750 can that you can multitask to many rifles.

A good can will serve you on a boatload of setups. I use my omega on my 5.56 SBR and my 7.62 LMT with the ASR mount; and also my 300 win mag sendero and Havak with the direct thread mount; so it gets plenty of multi tasking. It really reduces felt recoil & the muzzle blast.

I honestly only plan to shoot 100 rounds (+/-) per year with the Havak so I do not really factor the cost of ammo into the equation. It’s more about time and it’s an elk gun (for me).

All that said, I have used an unsuppressed sako finnlight for the last 10 years and done just fine on many a deer and a few elk. But I can tell you the reason I wanted the Havak is so I could suppress it for shooting further off ridges or across canyons. The sako shoots lights out but I lose the sight picture after the fucker goes off. I’m still pretty good at getting 2nd or 3rd rounds off. But rarely do I see the impact.
I have the same issue with the Finnlight. It's an amazing rifle, but man does that thing jump around. My .270 Win. recoils harder than my Fierce Edge in 300 Win. Mag., which has a radial brake and limbsaver.

I, too, have a Havak on order just for fun.

I believe it was mentioned in the middle of this thread but couldn’t find it in my quick search... what are everyone’s favorite Mags to run with the Havak ph1. Wanting to pick a few extra up for the 6creed this weekend. Thanks for the help.

I believe it was mentioned in the middle of this thread but couldn’t find it in my quick search... what are everyone’s favorite Mags to run with the Havak ph1. Wanting to pick a few extra up for the 6creed this weekend. Thanks for the help.

My favorite is the metal aics. It feeds a bit smoother than the PMAG.

Finally was able to DROS my Havak Bravo. 6.5 PRC. 10 day wait :(

I thought it came with a 10rnd AICS pattern mag (Accurate-Mag). It is a 5rnd mag.

Bought a bunch of KRG accessories too, but most are backordered on brownells.

Attachments

• 800688536.png
    800688536.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
No its SA with internal max length of ~2.97" length

I think the carbon fiber mag is for their stock. Not sure if it'll fit/work with the Bravo

Built one of these for a friend the other night for a friends seekins havak and was thinking of making a run of them and selling them wondering if you guys would be interested in them. Haven’t come up with a good price I’m making them on manual lathe not Cnc. Bolt knob conversion for havak. Length of center would be determined by customer.

Are you still making these? I would love to get one!

Got mine last week. Took it to the range this weekend. Here is the best group I got with factory ammo.

6.5 PRC 143 grain eldx.

Rhust, is that a ATACR 4-16 or 5-25?

I just picked up a Seekins Havak Pro Hunter from Cabela's (grey stock with ATC muzzle brake) in 6.5 CM. Have not been out to the range wit it yet. I need to grab a scope for it first. Can't decide between the Razor HD AMG or the ATACR 5-25. I feel like the ATACR will be too big/heavy??

I just picked up a Seekins Havak Pro Hunter from Cabela's (grey stock with ATC muzzle brake) in 6.5 CM. Have not been out to the range wit it yet. I need to grab a scope for it first. Can't decide between the Razor HD AMG or the ATACR 5-25. I feel like the ATACR will be too big/heavy??

I run the ATACR 4-16 MILC on mine. Had a Razor AMG on it for about a day. The 4-16 is as large as I’d go, and more than enough glass to reach the limits of the 6.5 CM. The AMG is nice enough, but I’m not a fan of the 6x low end on a hunting rifle. Honestly I’d rather have a 3-18 than my 4-16, but none met my requirements. I may through a NX8 2.5-20 on it soon though.

Reactions: Georgedubya
I run the ATACR 4-16 MILC on mine. Had a Razor AMG on it for about a day. The 4-16 is as large as I’d go, and more than enough glass to reach the limits of the 6.5 CM. The AMG is nice enough, but I’m not a fan of the 6x low end on a hunting rifle. Honestly I’d rather have a 3-18 than my 4-16, but none met my requirements. I may through a NX8 2.5-20 on it soon though.

I'm leaning towards the AMG. I agree 6 on the low end isn't ideal, but the field of view is still over 20 ft at 6 power. I wish the AMG came in a 4-24 like the VX6HD. I'd buy that!

Well I ordered a Seekins PH1 6mm CM from the Cabelas Gun Library. According to the guy on the phone he knew the guy who traded it in and the owner had never put a round through it. We will see when it gets here this week. It appears to be the older version with the McMillan stock.

Anyone shoot factory Hornady Match or Precision Hunter ammo thru a 6 Creedmoor PH1?

Well I ordered a Seekins PH1 6mm CM from the Cabelas Gun Library. According to the guy on the phone he knew the guy who traded it in and the owner had never put a round through it. We will see when it gets here this week. It appears to be the older version with the McMillan stock.

Anyone shoot factory Hornady Match or Precision Hunter ammo thru a 6 Creedmoor PH1?

I picked up a used 6mm creed with the OG McMillan stock. Said to have 140-160 down the pipe. Owner said it shot factory Hornady match .5moa. I just started reloading (50 rounds Berger 105VLD) nothing has shot over an inch and most everything is .6-.2 MOA. It’s a pussy cat to shoot and can’t wait to really stretch it out. I settled on 42.2 H4350 with an average 3125fps.

505B9C16-770F-44E0-A3D9-F9C31D349C17.png
A5C59A1F-E407-47E4-ABB5-C13B561E7077.png

I picked up a used 6mm creed with the OG McMillan stock. Said to have 140-160 down the pipe. Owner said it shot factory Hornady match .5moa. I just started reloading (50 rounds Berger 105VLD) nothing has shot over an inch and most everything is .6-.2 MOA. It’s a pussy cat to shoot and can’t wait to really stretch it out. I settled on 42.2 H4350 with an average 3125fps.

View attachment 7072704View attachment 7072705

I understand every rifle is different but what COAL are you at with those 105s and the H4350, I happen to have some H4350 on hand and would like to give it a try once I gather the dies and such.

That’s all I shoot through mine with excellent results. I picked up my Havak to have an option for factory ammo when I don’t feel like loading. I’ve only taken it to 1100 so far, and take it regularly to 1020. It hasn’t been an issue with factory ammo at all. Had a sub 3” group at 814 with it, and a sub 5” group and 1020.

Reactions: Gobears16
I understand every rifle is different but what COAL are you at with those 105s and the H4350, I happen to have some H4350 on hand and would like to give it a try once I gather the dies and such.

Base to Ogive is 2.200. For my rifle That gives me 20thou off the lands. I don’t measure COAL but I’d bet it’s real close to 2.800. Next time I go out to the shop I’ll measure.

I bought an Atlas Bipod for the seekins I picked up last week, but there is only a swivel mount and flush cup mount. Contacted Seekins about how to install a SRS 2" rail for a bipod. They told me I had to remove the stock and drill a new hole and install a t nut. Anyone else do this? Easy process?

Fits fine but some fitting required. In particular the mag catch as shown in the video. Not shown and later discovered is the folder release needs a small channel filed.

Pics from video @bluepythons posted.
This is for the Magpul Pro chassis. Magazine catch.

I'm guessing Seekins is doing something similar with the KRG Bravo to help with fitment and feeding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190505-033123.png
    Screenshot_20190505-033123.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20190505-033014.png
    Screenshot_20190505-033014.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20190505-033200.png
    Screenshot_20190505-033200.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Has anyone used the Seekins ATC brake on these rifles? My PH1 will primarily be a hunting rifle, read a precision rifle blog where they tested a bunch of muzzle brakes. While the ATC was middle of the pack for recoil reduction, it was one of the "quieter" brakes when the sound behind the shooter was measured.

Was also looking at an Area 419 Hellfire but have read they direct quite a bit of blast back towards the shooter. I plan on carrying some ear plugs in my bino harness though while hunting.

Has anyone used the Seekins ATC brake on these rifles? My PH1 will primarily be a hunting rifle, read a precision rifle blog where they tested a bunch of muzzle brakes. While the ATC was middle of the pack for recoil reduction, it was one of the "quieter" brakes when the sound behind the shooter was measured.

Was also looking at an Area 419 Hellfire but have read they direct quite a bit of blast back towards the shooter. I plan on carrying some ear plugs in my bino harness though while hunting.

I have been using the PVA Jetblast brake and i really have no complaints about it. Also I dont get blasted in the face with gas, but it still manages recoil very well. I would recommend it!

I just got my havak PH1 last week and asked myself this same question! I also read that review where the ATC comes in the middle of the pack. I also heard the 419 Hellfire directs blast backwards, but only a few reviewers stated this.

I went ahead and purchased the Hellfire (received it in 2 days so I got it before my rifle was in). I am really happy with the Hellfire-- that said, I did not shoot the rifle with the ATC brake. Install was probably the easiest you will ever find for a self tuning brake-- it is quite genius the way 419 designed it! I found recoil reduction and muzzle jump to be quite good. I felt less recoil shooting this on my havak than a different brake on my buddies 12 lb rifle (same caliber). I also did not notice any muzzle blast coming back at me.

Just buy the Hellfire-- it is worth the $$... if you have it :)

Reactions: RFREY91

I will NEVER shoot a rifle (with or without a brake) without hearing protection. I am 30 years old and my hearing is already bad. I use MSA sordins for hunting! I can hear better with these on than without :LOL:

I just got my havak PH1 last week and asked myself this same question! I also read that review where the ATC comes in the middle of the pack. I also heard the 419 Hellfire directs blast backwards, but only a few reviewers stated this.

I went ahead and purchased the Hellfire (received it in 2 days so I got it before my rifle was in). I am really happy with the Hellfire-- that said, I did not shoot the rifle with the ATC brake. Install was probably the easiest you will ever find for a self tuning brake-- it is quite genius the way 419 designed it! I found recoil reduction and muzzle jump to be quite good. I felt less recoil shooting this on my havak than a different brake on my buddies 12 lb rifle (same caliber). I also did not notice any muzzle blast coming back at me.

Just buy the Hellfire-- it is worth the $$... if you have it :)

Good info! And yea, I'm 32 and in the same boat, definitely will have ear pro during hunting season but was a little hesitant about the blow back towards the shooter. But its encouraging you aren't experiencing that. What caliber is your Havak?

I got a 6.5 CM. The Hellfire reduces the recoil really well. I definitely makes an already lighter recoil much better. I could shoot all day and not flinch from recoil.

My atlas bipod should be here today-- I plan to post a picture once i get that put on (and it stops raining). I put a Vortex AMG on top of the rifle! Should serve me very well for a long time!

I’ve got the the Seekins ATC, but I’ve never used it. It’s unfurled new in my gear bag somewhere, as I run a can all the time. If I can remember I’ll pull it out and give a try for you. Only a shot or two cause I hate brakes lol

I’ve got the the Seekins ATC, but I’ve never used it. It’s unfurled new in my gear bag somewhere, as I run a can all the time. If I can remember I’ll pull it out and give a try for you. Only a shot or two cause I hate brakes lol
If you ever feel like selling it shoot me a PM, I might just take it off your hands!

I picked up my 6mm CM in the OG McMillan stock this evening. Could use some lower scope rings but I had them on hand so for now they will work, luckily I had a cheek riser on hand as well. Will take it out this friday and see what I can do with it.

On a side note, my local cabelas manager was training a new guy at the gun counter and it took a little longer than usual to do all the paper work but I was patient and made small talk with the guy. Upon paying for my rifle the manager threw in a free box of Hornady Match ammo in 6mm CM for me, pretty cool!

IMG_2512.jpg

Well this thing is a shooter, a better shooter than me anyways. Did a 5 shot group at 100yds, first 4 measured 0.42” the last shot was on me and opened it up to 0.8”. This was with Hornady match 108gr ELDM 6mm creedmoor. I averaged 2940fps.
1533CB5B-F86E-4AE6-A5DB-19AB8E12A27C.jpeg
43F81C1D-7AFC-4222-9564-B5F5E085E9F8.jpeg

Picked up my Havak Bravo 6.5 PRC. Haven't shot it yet, so I hope the bolt close smooths out and lighten up. It's a quite heavy bolt close.

Also, I noticed that it came with a .308, 5rnd Accurate-Mag.

Did anyone who purchased the Bravo version in 6.5 PRC get a 300WSM magazine instead?

While the .308 mag kinda work, it tends to bind at the feed lips. Caused a double feed and another time dented 1 rnd at the shoulders. Not smooth feeding at all.

I'm guessing Seekins use the 308 mags to save $$.

I recommend either modifying the feed lips wider, or use 300wsm mags. Magpul AICS Mags (.308) will work if you feel like single loading, using it as a sled.

Oh...and I tried a AI AX308 (Double stacked, staggered feed, sku #6677). It will NOT fit in the Bravo. Thought it might work since AW mags are also staggered feed...i think.

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_182615~2.jpg
    IMG_20190510_182615~2.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 65
Here is my 6.5 CM

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_135723.jpg
    IMG_20190510_135723.jpg
    697 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Dooby
I just bought a Havak Bravo in 6.5CM. I’m hoping it shoots as well as some rifles in this thread. And not as poorly as early ones.

Will these use AICS PMags?

I just bought a Havak Bravo in 6.5CM. I’m hoping it shoots as well as some rifles in this thread. And not as poorly as early ones.

Will these use AICS PMags?

Yes, they use Pmags (my Havak Pro anyway). It will come with one as well.

Seekins has an excellent warranty. I read the book my rifle came with and it states if you are not happy with how your rifle shoots-- they will inspect and shoot it for you. If they cannot get a good group they will fix or replace the rifle. I would not worry about it at all. Mine is an excellent rifle.

Reactions: Eurodriver
My Havak Pro HP1 has shot outstanding. Very good with factory 140gr ELD-M and 143gr ELD-X. I’m reloading for it now and to be honest my reloads are barely on par with the factory ammo, but less expensive obviously. I’m nearing 8 reloads with my Starline small rifle primer brass with only a couple loose primer pockets due to some hot initial load testing.
I think you’ll be very happy with the Havak. My pmag took a dump during a dusty dirty match and I’ve switched to 10rnd Accurate metal mags and they have been doing great.

Picked up my Havak Bravo 6.5 PRC. Haven't shot it yet, so I hope the bolt close smooths out and lighten up. It's a quite heavy bolt close.

I also had a very heavy bolt close with my 6.5CM Bravo when I first got it. It smooths out considerably as you shoot it. I only have 90 rounds through the tube and am able to operate the bolt with my finger without breaking my cheek weld.

Reactions: Dooby
My Havak Pro HP1 has shot outstanding. Very good with factory 140gr ELD-M and 143gr ELD-X. I’m reloading for it now and to be honest my reloads are barely on par with the factory ammo, but less expensive obviously. I’m nearing 8 reloads with my Starline small rifle primer brass with only a couple loose primer pockets due to some hot initial load testing.
I think you’ll be very happy with the Havak. My pmag took a dump during a dusty dirty match and I’ve switched to 10rnd Accurate metal mags and they have been doing great.
Ive been loading 140 ELD-M for my Bravo. It seems to like 41.8gr RL-16, .025 off the lands, Federal 210 GMM primer and GWT brass. 2789fps MV, 6.2 SD, 12 ES. Grouped 1.5" at 400 yds with 2 flyers due to bad trigger discipline.

I also had a very heavy bolt close with my 6.5CM Bravo when I first got it. It smooths out considerably as you shoot it. I only have 90 rounds through the tube and am able to operate the bolt with my finger without breaking my cheek weld.

Thanks @Alecv. I shot 60 rnds this weekend. 20 Factory 147 ELD-M and 40 reloads. The bolt did lighten up but its weird...

The night prior, I was working the bolt and found out that if I were to slam the bolt forward and close the bolt in one smooth motion it would be real smooth. But if i were off a bit or work the bolt slow, it would stiff up and I'd have to slap it down with the meat of my palm.

After the range I played with the bolt again, obvious feel its lighten up, but it still gets caught or bind right at the downward close bolt movement 1/3 the time.

Accuracy wasn't as good as I wanted, but that was me and didnt use a rear bag. Factory ammo didn't shoot very well at 1st (no rear bag, and me at fault). The last 5-shot group was within 1" @ 100yds (~92M).

Got better groups with reloads but velocity was slow. Factory 147 was slow too, avg 2822fps.

Reloads were:
ADG brass (no prep at all)
BR2 primers
Reloder 23
147 ELD-M
COAL 2.960"
BTO 2.318"

10rnds:
52.5gr - avg 2808fps
ES - 13.78fpd
SD - 4.44fps
Groups size was roughly 0.75"

Hoping to get at least factory velocities ~2900-3000fps

Last edited:
I'm looking to purchase a seekins takeoff stock from anyone that has upgraded to an aftermarket. Send me a PM if you want to sell one. Thanks

Reactions: bodywerks
I'm looking to purchase a seekins takeoff stock from anyone that has upgraded to an aftermarket. Send me a PM if you want to sell one. Thanks

I swapped my Magpul to a Foundation. The magpul is for sale if interested.

I have a havak bravo, wondering if ai aw mags will work. It seems people have mentioned that they will. Particularly ai model 0726.

I have a havak bravo, wondering if ai aw mags will work. It seems people have mentioned that they will. Particularly ai model 0726.

They worked with my Havak Pro HP1 with both Magpul and KMW DBM’s.

They worked with my Havak Pro HP1 with both Magpul and KMW DBM’s.

What was your caliber? I have a bravo in 6.5 PRC that I picked up last week. It was sent with a .308 accurate mag and I couldn't get that to feed for the life of me. Seekins CS said the 300 WSM accurate mag is what it's meant to use.

What was your caliber? I have a bravo in 6.5 PRC that I picked up last week. It was sent with a .308 accurate mag and I couldn't get that to feed for the life of me. Seekins CS said the 300 WSM accurate mag is what it's meant to use.

I wonder why they did this. I too got a 6.5 PRC and it came with a 5rnd AM .308 mag. Luckily i had a couple of 300WSM mags for another build.

Are they gonna send you the correct mag?

You can always expand the feed lips. This is what i was told when i asked Accurate-Mag.