• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Has anyone had success changing their order while on the wait list? Ordered the pro hunter with a 15% discount, but am now thinking about going with the bravo. Of course, I don't want to lose my place in line, and I'd like to retain the discount.

I have similar issues with my Havak Bravo. Factory 147 ELD-M is NOT accurate. Random flyers. With RL26 I seem to have a flyer every 5th shot. But need to shoot it some more.

I find RL23 is the most consistent, but velocity is low. Been getting pressure signs (Ejector marks). I may try to trim the neck down more and see if this is the cause of my issue. currently have it @ 2.020-2.023". Spec is 2.015"-2.030".

Kinda disappointed in accuracy but could be just me.
It doesn’t sound like it’s just you. I get 2 good rounds and my third is an inch out. It’s very frustrating. I’m not sure if this is limited to just magnum cartridges. Either way, my bet is that proof will solve the issue

So it's kinda disappointing to hear that 3 of us have all had the same issue with that round. I mean the most likely issue is we suck at shooting but going back to back with my AI I go from one hole 5 rd groups to 3 rd WTF's. If I had to guess it would be chambers.

Reactions: Greg0326
So it's kinda disappointing to hear that 3 of us have all had the same issue with that round. I mean the most likely issue is we suck at shooting but going back to back with my AI I go from one hole 5 rd groups to 3 rd WTF's. If I had to guess it would be chambers.
I do the same thing with my Dasher. 5 round groups under a half an inch and then the Havak at an inch plus. I’m also moving to the 6.5 SAUM when that barrel comes in. I’ve even debated selling the whole rifle and starting from scratch since I’m rebarreling anyway. Decisions, decisions.

If I had the tools I'd take the barrel off and retorque it just to make sure it wasn't a installation issue.

Last edited:
Has anyone had success changing their order while on the wait list? Ordered the pro hunter with a 15% discount, but am now thinking about going with the bravo. Of course, I don't want to lose my place in line, and I'd like to retain the discount.
To answer my own question, the short answer was no. They would allow me to keep the discount but would put me back to the back of the line.
If the pro hunter isn't a shooter it's getting a proof barrel and krg chassis. Still gonna be cheaper than a full custom build.
And on a better note, the build should start in a week or two!

Sounds similar to experiences I had with my PH1 win mag. Hoping the load I have now stays consistent but it took a while to get there.

@EmanP @Greg0326 Are you guys reloading? if so what bullet/powder/brass are you using?

I tried some H1000 over the weekend with some 4X-Fired ADG brass, it was much more consistent, but velocity was around 2890fps. However, the temperature was about 10-15*F lower than what i've been testing at. Roughly 72*F yesterday, usually testing loads at 85*-90*F.

@EmanP @Greg0326 Are you guys reloading? if so what bullet/powder/brass are you using?

I tried some H1000 over the weekend with some 4X-Fired ADG brass, it was much more consistent, but velocity was around 2890fps. However, the temperature was about 10-15*F lower than what i've been testing at. Roughly 72*F yesterday, usually testing loads at 85*-90*F.

Im using Hornady brass and H4350 41.5 gr with Hornady ELD-X 143 gr projectiles
I was seeing .5 to .7 moa and hope to see it tighten up after adjusting seating depth

Reactions: Wormydog1724
Went out yesterday to try again. Started with the AI in 308 with Federal 175gr SMK's to make sure I could shoot some groups and then moved to the 6.5 PRC. Shot 4 groups with Hornady 147gr ELD-M and accuracy was mediocre again at 3/4". Shot 3 groups with Hornady 143gr ELD-X and groups were 1.1", 1.3" & 1.3", not anything I would hunt with! This is supposed to be a hunting rifle right?

You would think that Seekins would test it's rifles with the only factory ammo available to see if they actually shoot when they brag about how accurate they are. Maybe I'm spoiled or have unrealistic expectations but 3/4" is not fantastic accuracy and definitely nothing I'm happy with. Whatever reamer they're using for 6.5 PRC it does not work with the only 2 factory loadings on the market.

143 ELD-X's were 2950, 147 ELD-M's were 2850. So far I've spent a good deal of money in ammo to lean it can't shot well.

20190722_211855_resized.jpg20190722_211843_resized.jpg

I

I was not reloading for that caliber. I got everything to start for 6.5 PRC but was just too frustrated with the factory ammo. So I’ll be moving to 6.5 SAUM and loading for that

Reactions: Dooby
Well, let's hope my 6.5 prc experience is better than others. I did try to have my order changed from the pro hunter to the Bravo, but they would have to put me back to the back of the line. I opted to keep the order in place, and it has now shipped, so I'll know soon enough.
If it doesn't shoot, I have a proof barrel on the way, as I'm confident the main cause of any inaccuracy would be coming from the barrel and how it's chambered. I did ask them if they would put my barreled action in the krg bravo chassis but didn't get a response.

Reactions: Greg0326 and Dooby
Factory ammo shot better this weekend, still had some flyers but not as bad. But temperature was lower @ about 72*F. Other times it was between ~80*F-90*F.

Lightened up the trigger (actually replaced with a TT Diamond helped with groups)

First thing I'm going to do when I get mine is try to get the Timney to about 20 ounces. If I can't do it reliably, the TT or Jewell will replace it.

Well, let's hope my 6.5 prc experience is better than others. I did try to have my order changed from the pro hunter to the Bravo, but they would have to put me back to the back of the line. I opted to keep the order in place, and it has now shipped, so I'll know soon enough.
If it doesn't shoot, I have a proof barrel on the way, as I'm confident the main cause of any inaccuracy would be coming from the barrel and how it's chambered. I did ask them if they would put my barreled action in the krg bravo chassis but didn't get a response.
I would bet that it will shoot just fine. My PH in PRC will shoot both factory loads just at or under 1/2 moa at 200 yards. Liked it enough to order one in 6.5 Creedmoor.

So does anyone have any successful recipes for the 300 win?

I responded to your PM, but I also posted a load above that was successful 2 out of 5 range trips now which is about as good as I can say for anything Ive put through either of the 300 WM's I've had..

Reactions: Gjb89
I would bet that it will shoot just fine. My PH in PRC will shoot both factory loads just at or under 1/2 moa at 200 yards. Liked it enough to order one in 6.5 Creedmoor.

You must have gotten a good one because mine won't even do that at 100.

So far I’m looking at 80.5 grains of H1000 with federal brass, FGMM primer, and Barnes 175 LRX. Initial group was good in my Havak. Same load in my sendero which gets about 3050 FPS.

SENDERO Group:
F3EB8F4C-EE1D-44AC-B7BF-F9F4F1254A22.jpeg

Havak - first test group with this load:
D662BCE8-3425-4913-9ECC-36F772F36597.jpeg

Obviously it needs more testing in the Havak before I settle.

Last edited:
Any updates on the 6.5 PRC accuracy? I’m thinking of buying one but this thread has me second guessing. I have a 6 creed in the PH1 and it shoots both handloads and factory well under .5moa. I’m hoping the 6.5 PRC can do the same.

I hope to have an idea and more info some time this week. My PRC just showed up and I will be wearing the barrel in using factory match ammo.
At worst, the action is nice and trigger is very crisp. I have a bravo chassis and proof barrel on the way that I will install on this action if I'm not satisfied with accuracy. Might do it regardless, or buy another havak action to build on
20190804_093702.jpg

I hope to have an idea and more info some time this week. My PRC just showed up and I will be wearing the barrel in using factory match ammo.
At worst, the action is nice and trigger is very crisp. I have a bravo chassis and proof barrel on the way that I will install on this action if I'm not satisfied with accuracy. Might do it regardless, or buy another havak action to build on View attachment 7124248
Good luck and keep us posted. The factory stock is actually really nice and the carbon fiber mag has a lot of room in it if you’re hand loading. I just wish mine would group more than two rounds without throwing a flyer.

6.5 PRC. Did some poking around, and this is common with the 147 ELD-M. Not blaming either rifle or bullets, but...dunno what to think.

Gonna load up some more and see what happens. 147 ELD-M was from a bulk lot 2K bullets. purchased from Grafs Dec 2018. 1st 400-500 bullets shot fine, then the above happened.

Would love to test it out on my 2nd rifle but PVA (Face Palm) still haven't shipped my Barreled Action!

Has anybody found a good 200 grain or heavier load (212, 215, 220) that works good in the 300 WinMag Pro Hunter??

I went out and did a lot of accuracy testing with my PRC the other day to try to figure out what's going on firing 66 rounds of factory 147gr ELD-M. Now have a total of 166 rds through it. Results show that it does not like the KRG Bravo I got for it since I don't like the factory stock. It held .7 - 1.25" groups averaging .9" and was not consistent. It did better with a bare muzzle (.65") then a brake on it and liked the suppressor with groups consistently at .5"

With it's bedded stock that it came in it shot better and I tried 3 different weight Heathen brakes I had, the lightest at 3.6 oz worked better then the 2 heavier ones. I had to adjust the stock to be able to shoot it and who the hell puts a freaking golf ball in the middle of the grip anyway? It did .5" - 1.0" with the brake, worse with the heavier ones and again, not very consistent. With a bare muzzle it was .5 - .7" and with a suppressor was a consistent .5" with two groups at .35". So that barrel is just too thin for the round and barrel harmonics are an issue. Hopefully the heavier contour barreled version of the Bravo does better.

Not bad enough to send back since with a bare muzzle it's decent but not really shotable and very unpleasant. No way to spot your own hits for sure. I'd have to use a suppressor to get the groups I would have expected.

I also noticed that the firing pin isn't hitting the center of the primer and looking at the bolt, the hole isn't perfectly centered. There's also a lot of carbon fouling on the case necks..

20190805_144415_resized.jpg

20190806_192341.jpg

20190806_192402.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. Interesting data Eman. I just received my pro hunter and immediately mounted it in a krg bravo stock. I'm having issues with the magazine falling out after every shot. I'll have to look into that. What was weird is there is like an embossment(bump) in the back of the receiver opening on the action that kept the magazine from being able to lock in place. Had to grind down the back of the magazine to get it to lock in place. But now the back of the rounds hits that embossment...
Anyway, I wasn't on my best shooting game(read 'hung over'), and was still able to shoot sub MOA, albeit just barely, with factory ammo. It doesn't look too bad in the bravo chassis...
20190806_203947.jpg

Reactions: LEROYRECCE
I was also having problems with the mag falling out of the bravo every round except the last round for some reason. If anybody gets that figured out let me know but I think it has to do with a lot of slop side to side in the mag well. I also had to file the mag catch on the bravo quite a bit in order to finally be able to get the mag to seat. Too much in my opinion. And I was able to get sub MOA at least half the time but .9" isn't exactly my idea of great accuracy.

Mine either, but I only got the factory ammo for running the barrel in and for spare brass if I need it. My go to bullet will be the 140 elite hunter and will work up a load for this rifle. I'm sure I can get it to 1/2 moa.

Mine was doing the exact same thing last year at a Match. This is what I got back from KRG when Customer Service Followed up.

We’re sorry to hear about your magazine issue, it sounds like you just need to adjust the size of your magazine well to make it tighter. There are 2 ways to accomplish this:

1. You will first need to loosen the hex screws on the bottom of your polymer forearm. Next, slide the forearm back toward the trigger guard a tiny amount. It will be difficult to slide and will not move too much.

2. If the first way does not fix the issue, you need to also move your trigger guard forward a bit. To do this, you’d need to take out your barreled action. This will give you access to the 3mm hex screw that holds the trigger guard in place. You only need to loosen it up (1/2 rotation) and slide the trigger guard forward a bit. If it does not move, you may need to loosen (again, not take out) the top grip screw, as the grips clamp down on the trigger guard. Be sure to test the mag well with your mag before putting everything back together. It is possible to make the mag well too small for a mag to be easily inserted.

Hope this works, if not, please let us know.

It did fix the problem, but now my MDT 12 Rd Mag won't even go into the magazine well.....

Hmmm. Interesting data Eman. I just received my pro hunter and immediately mounted it in a krg bravo stock. I'm having issues with the magazine falling out after every shot. I'll have to look into that. What was weird is there is like an embossment(bump) in the back of the receiver opening on the action that kept the magazine from being able to lock in place. Had to grind down the back of the magazine to get it to lock in place. But now the back of the rounds hits that embossment...
Anyway, I wasn't on my best shooting game(read 'hung over'), and was still able to shoot sub MOA, albeit just barely, with factory ammo. It doesn't look too bad in the bravo chassis...View attachment 7125654
Looks good in the Bravo.

Shot the 6.5 Creedmoor PH1 today. It will not quite keep up with my PRC accuracy wise at least with the factory loads I tried. Should get better with some rounds down it. 26 round total so far. All 3 shot groups at 200 rounded up to the nearest 1/16.

Berger 135 x 3 unsuppressed 1.562. One group suppressed 1.312
Nosler 140BT one group suppressed 1.437
Hornady 143 PH one group suppressed 1.125

Suppressed groups are 4 inches straight down at 200. 3 round plastic Ruger Gunsite Scout mags feed perfect and are almost as short as the carbon PRC mags.

Last edited:
Interested to see what changes come with the next generation of the Havak Pro Hunter on Monday. Hoping they release a 300 PRC also.

Interested to see what changes come with the next generation of the Havak Pro Hunter on Monday. Hoping they release a 300 PRC also.

They are, my buddy already has a PH1 in 300PRC from their custom shop. Basically fully cerakoted and a custom color stock.

Reactions: NeedForSpeed
Got to run out to the range again for about 20 minutes and shot 3 groups. Looks like I am 2 for 2 with the PH1s being sub half MOA probably close to 3/8 if shot at 100. Not bad for 7lb factory hunting rifles with box ammo. No ammo that I have shot at 200 has been over 1 3/4.

200 yards with no time to let barrel cool.

Fed Non-Typical 140gr that my Tikka loves so much for some reason (1-1.25 groups at 200) one five shot group just under 1 3/4 inch.

Hornady Black 140gr .6 and .95 3 shot groups.

Got to run out to the range again for about 20 minutes and shot 3 groups. Looks like I am 2 for 2 with the PH1s being sub half MOA probably close to 3/8 if shot at 100. Not bad for 7lb factory hunting rifles with box ammo. No ammo that I have shot at 200 has been over 1 3/4.

200 yards with no time to let barrel cool.

Fed Non-Typical 140gr that my Tikka loves so much for some reason (1-1.25 groups at 200) one five shot group just under 1 3/4 inch.

Hornady Black 140gr .6 and .95 3 shot groups.

What calibers do you have?

I was seriously considering getting the PH1 or PH2 for my next hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC. I've been reading quite a bit of the pages here, but has anyone any input on its weight, balance etc. for carrying? I seldom spend my time shooting from a bench.

I was seriously considering getting the PH1 or PH2 for my next hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC. I've been reading quite a bit of the pages here, but has anyone any input on its weight, balance etc. for carrying? I seldom spend my time shooting from a bench.

I’ve got a 6creed in PH1 and it balances great but still not what I consider a great rifle to pack miles up the mountains. I have a Bushnell 4.5-18 and it comes in right around 9lbs all up.

My packing gun is a 6.5 creed Barrett Fieldcraft. Mine has shown great accuracy. Easily sub moa with every factory round with 143 eldx and 140 eldm .5 moa. Great stock and fit and finish. Mine comes under 7lbs with vx5hd 3-15. Same price as seekins.

Both great rifles. The Seekins does well on the bench and field. The fieldcraft excels in the field

Reactions: Big_Mac85
I’ve got a 6creed in PH1 and it balances great but still not what I consider a great rifle to pack miles up the mountains. I have a Bushnell 4.5-18 and it comes in right around 9lbs all up.

My packing gun is a 6.5 creed Barrett Fieldcraft. Mine has shown great accuracy. Easily sub moa with every factory round with 143 eldx and 140 eldm .5 moa. Great stock and fit and finish. Mine comes under 7lbs with vx5hd 3-15. Same price as seekins.

Both great rifles. The Seekins does well on the bench and field. The fieldcraft excels in the field

The Seekins is about a pound heavier so if your two rifles are two pounds difference in weight, there has to be a heavier scope and rings on the Seekins. In addition the Seekins has a 24 inch barrel vs a 20 or 21 inch barrel on the Barrett which means for the same round you are at least 75 to 120 fps slower with the Barrett. The 6.5 CM isnt the fastest round to start with-Is it worth a pound to lose that much projectile velocity?

The Seekins is about a pound heavier so if your two rifles are two pounds difference in weight, there has to be a heavier scope and rings on the Seekins. In addition the Seekins has a 24 inch barrel vs a 20 or 21 inch barrel on the Barrett which means for the same round you are at least 75 to 120 fps slower with the Barrett. The 6.5 CM isnt the fastest round to start with-Is it worth a pound to lose that much projectile velocity?

The Seekins is actually 7.3 pounds and the Fieldcraft is 5.2 pounds, so the rifles are actually two pounds different. The fieldcraft does have a 21 inch barrel which is roughly 75fps slower than 24inch Seekins. I would take 75fps slower for two pound savings off my pack while 5 miles into the back country

The Seekins is actually 7.3 pounds and the Fieldcraft is 5.2 pounds, so the rifles are actually two pounds different. The fieldcraft does have a 21 inch barrel which is roughly 75fps slower than 24inch Seekins. I would take 75fps slower for two pound savings off my pack while 5 miles into the back country

You got me looking at the Barrett and when I went to their page I saw 6 lbs but it might have been for a different caliber My bad
2 lbs is a considerable difference

Reactions: Big_Mac85
You got me looking at the Barrett and when I went to their page I saw 6 lbs but it might have been for a different caliber My bad
2 lbs is a considerable difference

Don’t get me wrong the Seekins is an awesome gun. It’s what I take when I hike a mile or two from the truck. Both guns are more than accurate enough for real world hunting distances. It’s more fun owning more guns lol

Don’t get me wrong the Seekins is an awesome gun. It’s what I take when I hike a mile or two from the truck. Both guns are more than accurate enough for real world hunting distances. It’s more fun owning more guns lol

Yeah i have a Seekins PH in 6.5 CM and I love it But when I wanted to get a 300 win mag for bigger critters I bought a Fierce Carbon which is 3/4 lb lighter I hope I made the right call Should be getting it soon

Well, so far my Seekins havak 6.5prc isn't even an MOA gun with factory match ammo. I will admit that I'm a little rusty, but I usually shoot at least MOA on a bad day.
I say, so far, because I did switch the barreled action to a krg bravo chassis. I have since put the factory stock back on and will try again this weekend.
I will also reserve judgement until I try some handloads. But if I can't get it to shoot I'll consider this an $1800 action purchase and will have my Smith put my proof barrel on it and jewell trigger.
Upper two groups are 147eld-m, bottom are eld-x.
20190822_182000.jpg

Last edited: