• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Well, so far my Seekins havak 6.5prc isn't even an MOA gun with factory match ammo. I will admit that I'm a little rusty, but I usually shoot at least MOA on a bad day.
I say, so far, because I did switch the barreled action to a krg bravo chassis. I have since out the factory stock back on and will try again this weekend.
I will also reserve judgement until I try some handloads. But if I can't get it to shoot I'll consider this an $1800 action purchase and will have my Smith put my proof barrel on it and jewell trigger.
Upper two groups are 147eld-m, bottom are eld-x.View attachment 7134972

I’d send it back with that target and tell them your situation. From everything I’ve heard the guys at Seekins have awesome customer service. I’ve seen first hand experience of buddies and there PRC with easy moa if not half.... If you can shoot MOA regularly then that’s not a normal grouping for their rifles

They have a 'beyond MOA' guarantee, in that, they want you to be satisfied. That's great and all, but I waited three months for the rifle, and if I have to send it back, it'll take another 5-8 weeks to get it back. And they don't shoot it to confirm that anything they did fixed anything, they just check for things that might be out of spec, or replace things, and send it back for you to see if they actually fixed anything. If they didn't, they are happy to work on it again, and so forth. Like I said, that's great and all, but it should just shoot right to begin with.
As I said, I'm reserving judgement until I shoot it again in stock form, although I highly doubt the KRG Bravo chassis negatively affected accuracy. And if it still doesn't shoot, my gunsmith can re-barrel it in 2 weeks and have me back in business, or I can drive it right back to him to fix anything.
I put a whole lot more faith in Proof Research barrels, and a gunsmith with a proven track record than I do Rock Creek barrels and, whoever might be knocking out factory rifle builds in Glen's shop.

They have a 'beyond MOA' guarantee, in that, they want you to be satisfied. That's great and all, but I waited three months for the rifle, and if I have to send it back, it'll take another 5-8 weeks to get it back. And they don't shoot it to confirm that anything they did fixed anything, they just check for things that might be out of spec, or replace things, and send it back for you to see if they actually fixed anything. If they didn't, they are happy to work on it again, and so forth. Like I said, that's great and all, but it should just shoot right to begin with.
As I said, I'm reserving judgement until I shoot it again in stock form, although I highly doubt the KRG Bravo chassis negatively affected accuracy. And if it still doesn't shoot, my gunsmith can re-barrel it in 2 weeks and have me back in business, or I can drive it right back to him to fix anything.
I put a whole lot more faith in Proof Research barrels, and a gunsmith with a proven track record than I do Rock Creek barrels and, whoever might be knocking out factory rifle builds in Glen's shop.

Then it Sounds like you shoulda just had your smith build you a rifle. Most of these Seekins shoot amazing for FACTORY rifles. Not trying to be a rude but you can’t throw shade at a company before giving them a chance to fix it.
From what I’ve heard of people sending their rifles back for problems on this thread, is that they fixed all the issues free of charge. I agree it’s gotta suck to not have the accuracy you wanted from the rifle but these aren’t custom.... from your expectations you probably shoulda bought a origin/nucleus/gunwerks action, proof barrel, bravo stock, trigger tech and been happier...

The original option to build was going to result in a rifle that cost WAY more than $1895. That I gave Seekins a chance, and my money, to send me a rifle that they claim to be so good proves that i didn't throw shade at them. Would be nice if they did it on the first try...
If I choose not to waste another 2-3 months dealing with them to get it fixed, it's a personal choice. I bought this for my two 2019 hunts coming up, and the first one is in November, so time is of the essence.

Reactions: diggler1833
Lucid, relaxed, back in the factory stock, atlas bipod, prone, with a bag in back. No wind, no sun. Two different boxes of factory match ammo. Four 5 shot groups. Shoots like crap. I wish it was just me, but I've shot groups like this prone off a sling, with open sights, on an AR-15. Pretty sure it's not me.
20190823_072146.jpg

Have you actually contacted Seekins? I highly doubt you're looking at 2-3 months to get a rifle fixed if there is indeed an issue somewhere.

My original assessment was 5-8 weeks, but I'm going off of what another customer experienced. He had to send it back twice, and it's still not a laser, and still has some failures to fire. Each time took 5-6 weeks.
Since my proof barrel is about 4 weeks out, I might send it back once. But I won't take it back unless they can show me a 5 shot group from it with HORNADY factory match ammo(pretty much the only factory match ammo available) that is WELL under MOA.

I have zero intentions to continue to shoot factory ammo, but match grade rifles routinely shoot around 1/2 MOA or better with factory match ammo. No reason to expect any less from this one, with a 'custom' action and rock creek barrel, which are producers of match grade barrels.

Last edited:
I have zero intentions to continue to shoot factory ammo, but match grade rifles routinely shoot around 1/2 MOA or better with factory match ammo. No reason to expect any less from this one, with a 'custom' action and rock creek barrel, which are producers of match grade barrels.

So if you have no intention of continuing to shoot factory ammo, why not just do your load development and see what the results are? If it continues to have issues, then you can send it in to Seekins and let them address it.

Anybody found a heavier hunting load (200 grain plus) yet in their 300 win mag versions that is grouping really well?

Either factory or hand load.

Yeah i have a Seekins PH in 6.5 CM and I love it But when I wanted to get a 300 win mag for bigger critters I bought a Fierce Carbon which is 3/4 lb lighter I hope I made the right call Should be getting it soon
what's your opinion about the fierce's and which one did you buy?i'm considering a 28 nosler edge model when my 6xc is not enough!

what's your opinion about the fierce's and which one did you buy?i'm considering a 28 nosler edge model when my 6xc is not enough!

I m waiting on them to dip it and get it to me. I bought a Fierce Carbon Fury in 300 win mag
The Edge has fluted bolt and barrel
For about the same price I got the Fury with Carbon barrel and dipped stock. It’s basically a Carbon Edge minus the fluted bolt. 6.6 lbs
When I get it I’ll give a report

Alarka.

Nice job!! Think I would just call that a day and go to the house.

1. That’s out of a Seekins Havak, not a TRG, AI or Surgeon; correct???

2. Are you shooting off bags or a bipod?

Alarka.

Nice job!! Think I would just call that a day and go to the house.

1. That’s out of a Seekins Havak, not a TRG, AI or Surgeon; correct???

2. Are you shooting off bags or a bipod?

Havak PH1 with a Trigger Tech trigger off bags

Back to the range today with my 6.5 Creedmoor Havak. 5x3shot groups at 200 yards. 1.15 inch average including cold bore and two called shots. The groups with the called shots measured 1.5 and 1.46. One had two shots into .3 and the other .375. Had 5 rounds left and burned them down range as fast as I could load and fire. Ended up at 1.7 with 4 into .9.
Just for comparison had my Tikka CTR out too with its favorite factory load. No pulled shots 5x3 shot average was 1.043. It’s trigger is sprung and is about half the weight of the trigger on the Havak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alarka
Anyone have experience shooting the Berger 156 Grain EOL Elite Hunter out of the Seekins Havak 6.5 PRC yet?

Anyone have experience shooting the Berger 156 Grain EOL Elite Hunter out of the Seekins Havak 6.5 PRC yet?

So I guess I should update this. I did finally find a brake that my 6.5 PRC likes in the Little Bastard but I think it might be because it's the only one with a lock collar I can use a wrench on instead of snugging it by hand so I can get it on there tighter netting .5" groups. I did confirm again it doesn't do as well with the KRG Bravo as the factory stock.

First group on left was initially putting it on and zeroing it. Then I threw it in the Bravo stock after several groups and the first round is always .3 mils low when swapping stocks. The next group was 5rds for chrono data. So that's good at least.

20190816_220340_resized.jpg

20190828_181055_resized.jpg

And I tested the suppressor again in both stocks. Although I got a tiny group on the last one the others weren't quite as good. But it's still sub .5" in the factory stock.

20190826_194449.jpg

Resized_20190420_173508_8724.jpeg

In the end, after a whole case of ammo, I finally got it to where I wanted it. Unfortunately by now I've decided to sell it and build a full custom; it's listed here in the exchange if anyone's interested. Final speeds after 200rds were **ELD-M** - AV 2887 fps / SD 15.7 & **ELD-X** - AV 2989 / SD 17.6.

There's really no point in shooting the ELD-X since it doesn't group as well and doesn't carry as much energy downrange after 200 yds. I should also note that this was with a specific lot of ammo. I just changed to a new lot of ELD-X for my 30-06 and it shrunk the groups in half so if it didn't like the last lot, the next may be better.

So i was able to get out and shoot my home build 6.5 PRC and measured the brass after 1X-Fired. Chamber comparison between my PVA 22" bbl and the SHB in both 6.5 PRC.

The PVA chamber was sweet and tight. Loaded Neck Diameter is 0.294, after fired, it grew to 0.296". For comparison the SHB grew to 0.299"
PVA Shoulder Diameter after 1XF measured 0.516", SHB Shoulder diameter measured at 0.519"
PVA HeadSpace only grew ~0.001" from 1.6395"(Virgin) to 1.6400"(1XF), SHB grows to ~1.6440"

With the same loads and 2-3 diff powders, i didn't have one single sign of pressure with the PVA bbl. Possible the shorter 2" cause less pressure? I dunno. For whatever reason the SHB has a loose chamber compared to my PVA bbl. Both are suppose to be SAAMI spec chambers.

After about 44rnds the PVA bbl sped up. Factory ammo 147 ELD (last 10 shots) avg 2922fps. The only issue with my reloads was ES and SD were not very good. Possibly due to not calibrating my balance prior to reloading.

But i got some great groups @ 100yards with some 127 LRX avg 3030fps.

Also, for the SHB 6.5 PRC, after having the keyhole issue, i cleaned the bore and seemed to get some accuracy back. however, when that bbl heats up, it'll start throwing flyers.

Attachments

• ARCW3_6.5PRC_127LRX_RL23_20190901-150158_3.png
    ARCW3_6.5PRC_127LRX_RL23_20190901-150158_3.png
    775.2 KB · Views: 34
  • SHB_H1K_147ELDM_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    SHB_H1K_147ELDM_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 45
  • SHB_RL26_147ELDM_G1_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    SHB_RL26_147ELDM_G1_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 37
  • SHB_RL26_147ELDM_G2_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    SHB_RL26_147ELDM_G2_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 32
  • ARCW3_6.5PRC_147ELDM_Factory_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    ARCW3_6.5PRC_147ELDM_Factory_IMG_20190829_162548.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Has anyone tried one of their new 300PRC PH2's yet? Seems like the PH1 in 6.5PRC are hit and miss with accuracy.

I’ve only done minor testing with mine (300 win mag) so far, but it appears to shoot half MOA with 3 federal factory loads — 190 SMK (mostly used for break in because I have a bunch), 185 Bergers and 180 trophy copper. I’ll test a bunch more and report. Hoping it handles Berger ammo with the 215s.

Reactions: Alarka
I finally got it to where I wanted it. Unfortunately by now I've decided to sell it and build a full custom; it's listed here in the exchange if anyone's interested.

I have been watching this thread pretty closely and managed to miss your for sale add. Looks like it is already sold. I am looking to try my luck with a Seekins 6.5 PRC. If anyone has a Seekins coupon they are willing to sell or knows of someone who does send them my way. I am looking to purchase one soon.

There are a couple of 25% coupons in the accessories for sale.

Thanks for the reply. I may be overlooking them, but the only ones I see are threads older than July 31st (when those coupons were expiring). If I am overlooking and you have a link or could pm me that would be great.

So if you have no intention of continuing to shoot factory ammo, why not just do your load development and see what the results are? If it continues to have issues, then you can send it in to Seekins and let them address it.
It's already shipped off. But most gun mfr's will void any knobs of warranty if they find out that you shot hand loaded ammo out of it. So I didn't bother trying.
I figure they assemble these rifles and check spec at each step of assembly and assume everything will be in spec at the final step of assembly and they box it up and ship it.
They also proudly assume the rock creek barrel is flawless and don't bother checking it.
So my hope, after sending it in, I'd that they find something out of spec, or fire it and duplicate the poor accuracy and fix it.
If it comes back NFF, I'll just consider this a very expensive action purchase, and rebarrel/retrigger it and put the barreled action in a chassis.

I sent mine back because of a feeding issue. Every few rounds the round would bind during feeding. At first they replied it was my after market stock or ill fit bottom metal. After they had it and I showed trouble shooting that eliminated the stock they found a decent list of things they repaired. Frankly things that surprised me that it pass QC when it left. Stated concentricity, added an over travel stop, bolt face and more. Got it back and it appears to feed better, going to head to the range next week hopefully and test.

PH1 6 Creedmoor, Hornady Match ammo at 3020fps, ES of 19, SD of 8

200 yard 4 shot group, first shot was fouling shot for the freshly cleaned barrel.
38610A6B-B8D9-4DEA-944E-9A7FF7806F2B.jpeg

PH1 6 Creedmoor, Hornady Match ammo at 3020fps, ES of 19, SD of 8

200 yard 4 shot group, first shot was fouling shot for the freshly cleaned barrel.
View attachment 7150522

My PH1 6 creed has the exact same SD and ES numbers as your gun with ELDM Match factory. Mine is extremely accurate! Such a fun gun to shoot. I can get handloads to shoot high velocity but not worth the hassle

Reactions: clark33
My PH1 6 creed has the exact same SD and ES numbers as your gun with ELDM Match factory. Mine is extremely accurate! Such a fun gun to shoot. I can get handloads to shoot high velocity but not worth the hassle

I was watching a GunWerks episode a few months back and one of the Thomassens’s tested the ELDM for consistency and he said “We conclude its not worth our time to develope our own 6.5CM rounds any longer” as the small gains to be made were not worth it.

More tinkering at the range. All four shot groups with the PH1 off bags

212 ELDX
B/C .673
EST MV 2875
F69CD8FC-1F26-4FD9-B772-1626F2AC5E42.jpeg

I cursed when the fourth shot dropped low.

And then
200 grain accubond
BC .588
Estimated MV 2925

463598CD-DB13-4376-A05E-14282C9A123A.jpeg

Reactions: clark33
Any of your with a Havak PH know what the actual contour of the barrel is? Trying to figure out if it is similar to a Rem Varm or smaller then that.
Pretty sure they call it a 4.5 contour but could be wrong. Smaller than a Rem varm.

I put my 6.5CM in a XLR chassis and had to remove. 075" off of the mag release. This allowed the AICS mags to properly seat and function. I'm not sure if anyone else that tried one in a stock or chassis has had to do this same modification.

Has anyone painted their carbon composite stock? I’m not a big fan of this green.

I've been considering it myself. I haven't decided to do it as assembled, or removing the barreled action. I'll be using Brownell's Aluma Hyde.

Reactions: Gjb89