• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Semi Auto .338 Lapua -RND 2000 v.s. Vigilance VR1

OutRider

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2009
Rockland, ME / New Haven, CT
I am hoping that some one here has experience with these rifles, or knows of some first hand accounts in regards to their perfomance.

I found this website from a search online, but cannot find my way back to the thread in which a "jimmy" something posted pictures of an RND 2000, but no actual data. I was hoping that he would elaborate on his original posting.

In further searching for other autoloaders, I bumbled across the Vigilant Rifle's VR1, a rifle originaly designed around the .408 Cheytec round, but also available in .338 Lapua.

The VR1 resembles a giant BAR, whereas the RND 2000 is a highly modifed AR 10.

Both are touted as providing sub MOA accuacy.

These seem to be the only autoloading .338 Laupa rifles available, or at least the only ones I can find.

Any input would be most welcom.

Re: Semi Auto .338 Lapua -RND 2000 v.s. Vigilance VR1

I would also like a good review on the RND 2000. I talked to the guy that builds them but I've never had the pleaseure of handling one.

Re: Semi Auto .338 Lapua -RND 2000 v.s. Vigilance VR1

Hell's bells, it looks like there is a fair amount of interest in this topic, but it would seem that no one knows any more than we do.

Oh well...if/when this purchase goes down, I will be sure to post a full report on these pages.

We are leaning heavily twords the RND 2000 at this point, due to the 4lb difference in wieght as much as anything. For what it is worth, that rifle is also availble in the 300 Remington Ulta Mag as the RND 2100.

It is sort of the same situation as with the VR1, a rifle designed for a larger round being adapted to a smaller one. The weight and size of the RND 2100 is the same as the RND 2000.

Here are links to the rifles in question:

http://www.rndedge.com/images/rifles01/rifle2000a.htm

http://www.vigilancerifles.com/home.html