• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns SH handgun Dot Torture challenge

Just sent my S2 off to CGW for an RMR cut, will be 4 long weeks without it. I guess I'll have to make do with my 226 and G17 until its return.

I wouldn't mind looking at a P07/9 if it took the same mags (CZ 75 pattern) though. They are nice looking and have some solid texture to them. Just can't stand having too many different mag patterns. How is the trigger pull/reset on you P07/9 compared to an S2. My S2 SA pull is around 2.5#, DA unknown but smooth.

Nice shooting, I'll give it another go whenever I can get back to shooting.

Just sent my S2 off to CGW for an RMR cut, will be 4 long weeks without it. I guess I'll have to make do with my 226 and G17 until its return.

I wouldn't mind looking at a P07/9 if it took the same mags (CZ 75 pattern) though. They are nice looking and have some solid texture to them. Just can't stand having too many different mag patterns. How is the trigger pull/reset on you P07/9 compared to an S2. My S2 SA pull is around 2.5#, DA unknown but smooth.

Nice shooting, I'll give it another go whenever I can get back to shooting.

The P-09, P-07, and the P-10 series have their own magazine design, which is different than the 75 series. Full size (16 rounds and up) 75 mags work lock into the P-07 and feed just fine though there is a little side to side slop due to the mag well in the P-07 being wider. But the P-09 grip is too long and 75 magazines won't reach the mag latch. 75 magazines will not work at all in any P-10.

The Omega trigger system will never be as nice as a well tuned, all steel 75 or Shadow but it can be made quite serviceable.

My P-09 is right at 7 lbs 10 oz DA with a tiny bit of stacking at the end and the SA is just under 3 lbs. Reset isn't as nice as a tuned steel CZ.

I have a 75BD that I tuned with CGW parts and it blows people away with its smoothness. The DA is a tick over 7 lbs but it's so buttery smooth that it feels lighter. SA is 2.5 - 2.6 lbs but reset is just a hair longer than yours because of the FPB.

Reactions: PBWalsh
FINALLY made a 100 on the drill! On top of that, I did various bits of cardio/62# kettlebell for every reholster/dot completion. Tired and still accurate enough to pull off the W. All after a 12 hour night shift. I was as excited to get this as I am hitting a PR on my deadlift.

48 solid hits with 2 cutters, but I’ll take it.

E9E3855F-B704-4C2A-8159-1B738C6621E5.jpeg

Now to move back to 5 yards and suck until I don‘t suck.

Attachments

• 113742BE-C833-4F9F-8DEA-8AD45BF8703F.jpeg
    113742BE-C833-4F9F-8DEA-8AD45BF8703F.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 24
FINALLY made a 100 on the drill! On top of that, I did various bits of cardio/62# kettlebell for every reholster/dot completion. Tired and still accurate enough to pull off the W. All after a 12 hour night shift. I was as excited to get this as I am hitting a PR on my deadlift.

48 solid hits with 2 cutters, but I’ll take it.

View attachment 7486055

Now to move back to 5 yards and suck until I don‘t suck.
This would encourage me to work out more. Got bored with my runs/weights. Might steal...

The drill is excellent for working out. I try to do it on my off Saturdays. If I am to actually shoot while on or off duty, I assume my heart rate will be higher. This drill with cardio challenges me to fight through heavy breathing/adrenaline dump in order to have mental focus make accurate shots.

If you do copy it, keep in mind that your imagination is the limit as to what you can incorporate. I am fortunate to have a kettlebell and a range that I can do this at. I have done this while dry firing in my garage when my department‘s range was closed so don’t let facilities hold you back from getting better. Only you can hold yourself back.

To quote Lamb of God‘s “Delusion Pandemic”:
“...Now it's the moment that everything can change. You are completely responsible for your own life. And no one it's coming to save you from yourself. So stop blaming your problems or any or everything else. It does not matter one tiny fucking bit. How unfair you think the world is, it's only what you do Right here, right now, Right this fucking instant that matters. It's your choice to, Sink or swim...”

Last edited:
The drill is excellent for working out. I try to do it on my off Saturdays. If I am to actually shoot while on or off duty, I assume my heart rate will be higher. This drill with cardio challenges me to fight through heavy breathing/adrenaline dump in order to have mental focus make accurate shots.

If you do copy it, keep in mind that your imagination is the limit as to what you can incorporate. I am fortunate to have a kettlebell and a range that I can do this at. I have done this while dry firing in my garage when my department‘s range was closed so don’t let facilities hold you back from getting better. Only you can hold yourself back.

To quote Lamb of God‘s “Delusion Pandemic”:
“...Now it's the moment that everything can change. You are completely responsible for your own life. And no one it's coming to save you from yourself. So stop blaming your problems or any or everything else. It does not matter one tiny fucking bit. How unfair you think the world is, it's only what you do Right here, right now, Right this fucking instant that matters. It's your choice to, Sink or swim...”
I started clearing a range on my property this summer for handgun/carbine/rimfire. When it’s done, I’ll have a ~35 yard x 30 yard range, with a 50 yard access lane leading out there from my yard. Need to do some grading/smoothing with the skid steer, and get the last of the tree removal finished (and eventually get a big stump grinder out there) and I’ll be all set. Have already done some static shooting out there, but incorporating too much movement would definitely lead to broken ankles right now. Hoping to get most of it done before the hard frost, and it should be usable before the final range refinements begin in the spring.

I started clearing a range on my property this summer for handgun/carbine/rimfire. When it’s done, I’ll have a ~35 yard x 30 yard range, with a 50 yard access lane leading out there from my yard. Need to do some grading/smoothing with the skid steer, and get the last of the tree removal finished (and eventually get a big stump grinder out there) and I’ll be all set. Have already done some static shooting out there, but incorporating too much movement would definitely lead to broken ankles right now. Hoping to get most of it done before the hard frost, and it should be usable before the final range refinements begin in the spring.
I did the same thing a couple of years ago. Mine is 30 yards long and about 20 yards wide and while I don't have a lane to shoot into it for 50 yards, I do have one at 100 yards. Took me 80 hours with a skid steer with someone else on a backhoe. It was brutal. Still not perfect, but it gets the job done and definitely worth the effort.

Reactions: Anb618
I did the same thing a couple of years ago. Mine is 30 yards long and about 20 yards wide and while I don't have a lane to shoot into it for 50 yards, I do have one at 100 yards. Took me 80 hours with a skid steer with someone else on a backhoe. It was brutal. Still not perfect, but it gets the job done and definitely worth the effort.
I’m lucky enough that the natural ground features provide a berm so I just have to smooth the range flat. Thinking 12-14 hours total with a skid steer should make the range usable. I’ve been wrong before though...

I’m lucky enough that the natural ground features provide a berm so I just have to smooth the range flat. Thinking 12-14 hours total with a skid steer should make the range usable. I’ve been wrong before though...
Heh....let me know how that goes. Thats all I did. I basically dug into the side of a pasture hill. Created a nice wedge shape with a 15 foot high back drop and sides that slope downward toward the rear of the range. It was a lot of dirt and about 8 hours in, I knew I had seriously misjudged.
IMG_20170710_152455.jpg
IMG_20170710_152514.jpg
IMG_20170710_153640.jpg
IMG_20170710_153731.jpg

Heh....let me know how that goes. Thats all I did. I basically dug into the side of a pasture hill. Created a nice wedge shape with a 15 foot high back drop and sides that slope downward toward the rear of the range. It was a lot of dirt and about 8 hours in, I knew I had seriously misjudged.
View attachment 7486628View attachment 7486629View attachment 7486631View attachment 7486633
That is a LOT of dirt work. Lol. Very nice range though.
Mine has a natural berm somewhere around 12-15ft high as it is, so I’m just knocking down a few high spots, filling in a few low spots, and clearing all the vegetation.