• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SH Motorcycle Thread

Agreed, and a beautiful place to keep them as well. Nice!

Thanks Guys! tnichols, these bikes know many of the roads in Jones and Jackson counties well. I lived in Vinton and then Cedar Rapids for over 30 years before moving to AZ full time. I still get to enjoy those roads a couple of times a year when visiting close friends with extra bikes for me to ride. Here's a pic of my R90s on the ridge road that runs north from Anamosa to Prairieburg.

August ride.jpg

Thanks Guys! tnichols, these bikes know many of the roads in Jones and Jackson counties well. I lived in Vinton and then Cedar Rapids for over 30 years before moving to AZ full time. I still get to enjoy those roads a couple of times a year when visiting close friends with extra bikes for me to ride. Here's a pic of my R90s on the ridge road that runs north from Anamosa to Prairieburg.

View attachment 6890921

So the question is, where in AZ are you...? ;):D

In the north Phoenix area. I'm fortunate to be close to Ben Avery and a private shooting range that has multiple long range platforms with a great selection of steel targets placed from 100 yards out to 1375 yards. I spend most of my time on the precision rifle platforms banging steel.

Reactions: Basher
In the north Phoenix area. I'm fortunate to be close to Ben Avery and a private shooting range that has multiple long range platforms with a great selection of steel targets placed from 100 yards out to 1375 yards. I spend most of my time on the precision rifle platforms banging steel.

Nice! Down in the Chandler area for me, which is unfortunate because all the good long range areas seem to be up your way, haha.

My '03 FZ1 Bumble Bee's in the shop for a suspension overhaul, so I'll have to join the fun with photos when she get's back!

Reactions: azbiker
It ain't much, but this is one that I'm selling right now. I've had it for well over a decade, and rode it all over Western Canada a lot of years ago. I won't deny that it is a 'different' type of ride and comfort from my Road King.

The ever reliable,,,,View attachment 6891545
Those old bikes have a small, but dedicated following. I'd ride it.

It ain't much, but this is one that I'm selling right now. I've had it for well over a decade, and rode it all over Western Canada a lot of years ago. I won't deny that it is a 'different' type of ride and comfort from my Road King.

Cool, brother! I rode one of that vintage...the prevalent social blather that if you don’t ride a certain brand you are not quite part of the crew is nothing more than an identity crisis issue for some...I say it is about riding 2 wheels and wind in the hair!!

Cool, brother! I rode one of that vintage...the prevalent social blather that if you don’t ride a certain brand you are not quite part of the crew is nothing more than an identity crisis issue for some...I say it is about riding 2 wheels and wind in the hair!!

I was just talking bikes with a customer the other day and explained my sentiments of the same mindset. I've owned (and enjoyed owning) Kawasaki and Yamaha, and would still like to try products from Honda, Suzuki, Triumph, KTM, BMW, Ducati, etc. They pretty much all turn out a good product anymore. Pick what you like and ride!

View attachment 6890921
Sorry I just saw this. I know that road well! Nice riding in that area (for Iowa). ?

Damn right it does, but for those of us that don't know, what the heck is it?
Its a post war era Schwinn "Whizzer". These things are actually worth quite a bit of money and are really rare. If i were to completely polish it up and restore it could be worth close to $5k.

Just booked the ferry ride from Denmark to Faroe Islands to Iceland for Sept/Oct... Arriving in Iceland on Oct 2.

Guess who's riding a motorcycle on a volcano this fall!!!

Trip will start with the T.E. Lawrence Sumposium at Oxford (I have to do something snobby to justify the trip...) then Dunkirk beaches and museum... on to Remagen, Nigmegan and Arnhem. Yes, the bridges. And a couple of amazing naval museums on the German coast. Then on via ferry to Iceland for a week of riding.

From Iceland, bike gets shipped to St. John Newfoundland for the ride home via the TransLabrador next spring.... @ArmyJerry are you with me spring 2019 to go fight off bears and giant blackflies on the translab?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Finally fixed the little quirks on my bike after putting on new handlebars and spent the day riding around town with one of my oldest friends. My bike here is a 2005 Harley FXD

20180512_151221.jpg

.....and awesomely enough we came upon a bicycle yard sale that a 30 year Army vet and pasture of his church was putting on so he could raise funds to put a new roof on his church, so my bro who just got married last week bought a tandem bike for him and his new bride.

WoooooHooooooo That CR is solid Gold !! Back in the days!!! Those were great times in racing !

View attachment 6890921

Buddy of mine has one identical to that.... STUNNING machine.... beautiful job on yours. One of the best looking bikes of all time!

Thanks for sharing that machine!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Early, naked gold wing???? Very cool, Sean!

Cheers,

Sirhr

That XR1000 is a damn Unicorn... especially in that condition. Stunning bike!!!! They sounded amazing, too.

I always kind of wanted one, but every one I ever looked at was either FUBAR chopped up... or left on a pedestal un-touched until it rotted. Yours is just amazing!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Took me quite a while to rebuild the XLCR. I have hundreds of pictures of just the transmission portion. It was a lot of fun and I love riding it around town. I did take it on a long ride “once” ha ha.

Not in any particular order, but a lot of fun.
AB2316FA-E938-42A6-B308-A87CA7341DEC.jpeg
8D7C6A2D-F5AB-41A1-8740-8BCA434FBDCB.jpeg
87115D76-4A11-44B1-9B0C-066EA417E391.jpeg
FF7D963F-CA25-4FAF-83C2-9851719C325A.jpeg
17B8FAB3-1402-4293-BDE8-201F614F4266.jpeg
9B6FD7C8-FBF8-4631-B4A3-2EB4E7612DF5.jpeg
2B1220F1-086E-42A2-9E37-83903786EAB8.jpeg
8086B373-A7EF-4BA2-B04C-BBFFBBABA2A7.jpeg
3440FEA5-0653-4B2E-9FAE-512AE8CE404B.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
This was my baby for a bit. Just sold to get a different toy now.

Attachments

• F8DD1D22-3C08-4A98-94D6-063F6B7C509B.jpeg
    F8DD1D22-3C08-4A98-94D6-063F6B7C509B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 119
Reactions: my human host
Bought this 4 days after I turned 18 back in 1991, it was black when I got it. Sold it about 10 years later and now I can't find it. Maybe I'll just put another together.
IMG_2246.JPG

Reactions: Deathrowdave
I remember the Vespa, when I was a kid a friend had one and we ran to death. It ran no matter what!