• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SH Motorcycle Thread

I was 16 when this was released. I wanted one very badly.

48H84front.jpeg

View attachment 7229108

that was my first race bike. Spent the next many years dragging my knee on various bikes loved that little thing. I called them flexible flyers cause you could feel the frame twisting about. Soo fun!
As you mentioned I am also dirt only now. Tired of being a target for the cages.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Picked up a 1991 Suzuki RGV250 Gamma, two cylinder two stroke. Never sold in the USA. The before and after pictures..... A lot of work..
View attachment 7228789View attachment 7228790

I had one of the rg500s for a while also. That bike provided me with more smiles that a person could ever have. Just thinking of firing it up makes me giggle! Man what a bike those are! Wow the memories! Geeze that thing was insane fun! Riding a fast super moto is about the only thing comparable.

Last edited:
I had this beast three years earlier. It was fooking fast. There's nothing like the smell of 2 strokes. :geek:

View attachment 7229109

My first race bike was a 1987 CR80 that I rebuilt when I was 13. I remember flipping through the catalogs of Dennis Kirk to call in orders for parts. Shocked the hell out of my father when it started up and worked after I had torn the engine completely apart. He worked hard to make sure I went into engineering after that haha. Fucking good old days.

View attachment 7229108
I've had every flavor of 350 Yamaha twin ever made, they were the most fun bikes I've ever ridden or raced.
The old RD's were great sleeper city bikes for wheelies with the right gearing.
The last twin I had was a Banshee, I changed the transmission with different gears and man, nothing like a 60 mph wheelie machine on four wheels

After almost 7 years and countless hours searching for rare parts on eBay... 38 Chief is done! Inaugural ride this morning.

View attachment 7092471

I did all the component work except the engine bottom end. And a young man from Maine did the final assembly and tuning. He is starting his own shop and this was his first big project. And he hit it out of the park!

Photos do not do justice to the black, Nickel and gold leaf on the tank!

Cheers, Sirhr
That is one sweet ride my friend ! Congrats on bringing this work of art back to life, out standing resto !

This ones my latest. Its my daily rider GL1100. I've got a GL1000 I'm customizing along with a couple Brits.

Attachments

• 20200121_123522.jpg
    20200121_123522.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
As a new guy, I am excited to see a motorcycle thread. Here is my ride. I grew up riding big thumpers and still love them. The early Honda 600s aren’t as tall as the 650s, which makes them better commuter bikes. As a bonus, you can just leave the key in it. No one can start these things unless you know and exactly follow the 8? step process and whisper encouraging words to the bike while doing so.
0C0B8FAA-D969-40E9-BA13-C1C867C54504.jpeg

I grew up riding two strokes dirt bikes, remember my old 73? TM100. My last 2 stroke was a 79 CR250, got it cheap after the guy I bought it from broke his leg on it:)

Been a four stroker since the 80's and just bought a new 2 stroke late last fall. Got a 2019 Husky 300i, its the bike to have around here due to the technical rides. My Husky 501 (heavy) is a blast but I get scared sometimes in the tight stuff on a ledge with a steep drop off on that thing.

Took the 300i on some short rides around the farm for a break in and then finally did about 40 minutes on my trails and it pulls them in 4th gear. Was excited to do a big ride down at China Hat in Bend, the following weekend, but torn my bicep tendon the next day so it didn't happen:(

I'll give a report once i am checked out to ride.

I grew up riding two strokes dirt bikes, remember my old 73? TM100. My last 2 stroke was a 79 CR250, got it cheap after the guy I bought it from broke his leg on it:)

Been a four stroker since the 80's and just bought a new 2 stroke late last fall. Got a 2019 Husky 300i, its the bike to have around here due to the technical rides. My Husky 501 (heavy) is a blast but I get scared sometimes in the tight stuff on a ledge with a steep drop off on that thing.

Took the 300i on some short rides around the farm for a break in and then finally did about 40 minutes on my trails and it pulls them in 4th gear. Was excited to do a big ride down at China Hat in Bend, the following weekend, but torn my bicep tendon the next day so it didn't happen:(

I'll give a report once i am checked out to ride.

• Wow
Reactions: geek65 and Decoy
Brother, get both of you dirt bikes. He will learn the fundamentals in a safer environment than the street and will be a better street rider later. You will also share some great experiences. I rode/raced dirtbikes for four yrs before my 1st real street bike. Never regretted that.

Irish.
Plus one for the dirt experience. Would not be alive today (several probable deaths) if it wasn't for skills learned int the dirt. Like I told my son "it is easy to go fast on the streets but a bitch to stop sometimes". Dirt bike riding also helps you develop WTF skills which convert into "alternative on the fly planning"!
Grip and rip!

Ooo I like this thread! I've been riding and racing two wheeled things since I built up a '82 YZ80 from parts in my parents' basement as an 11yr old. I'm currently sporting an XR650R for desert/dual sport/baja shenanigans, a TX300 for mountain single track, a CR250R for moto and backup for the TX, a Montessa 315R for trials, an H1 because it's cool and sounds like a band of shrieking demons when on the pipe, a Buel XB12XT for on-road touring, and a TL1000S for wearing down my knee sliders.

TX300
IMG_20190815_135216.jpg

XR650R
FB_IMG_1541130098442.jpg

CR250R
FB_IMG_1563764997655.jpg

When I'm in Florida I usually borrow my Dad's KX250
1593_578708661197_3113_n.jpg

Montessa
FB_IMG_1552171728674.jpg

That's Devil's Punchbowl. It's actually a really wide, easy trail, but people spazz out and go off sometimes. I once rode a bike out of the punchbowl after someone lost it on the top and their bike went over the cliff. Luckily the bike ended up catching a footpeg on a submerged rock and didn't get too deep. I was able to extract, get it running, and do my best Jarvis impression to hop across a couple rocks and out we went.

Anyone here had a ride on the new Beemer B18? I'm looking for what it may be on long hauls. Seems a bit restrictive on peg and board options.
Thanks.

That's Devil's Punchbowl. It's actually a really wide, easy trail, but people spazz out and go off sometimes. I once rode a bike out of the punchbowl after someone lost it on the top and their bike went over the cliff. Luckily the bike ended up catching a footpeg on a submerged rock and didn't get too deep. I was able to extract, get it running, and do my best Jarvis impression to hop across a couple rocks and out we went.

I hit some random rock which bucked the front end and I grabbed a handful and off the cliff it went. Took me three hours to finally get it out. Ended up just pointing it up and launching it up the hill to get it out. Took two times.

The bike was even with the orange tool bag and about 10' below caught in branches and other shit that kept getting caught up in the spokes and what not that I got to fight. This is when I was finally able to drag it up the last few feet. It's a pretty sharp drop off. The bike is teetering on the edge in this photo.

On the plateau just outside of Montrose.

IMG_4197.jpeg

It was down there.
IMG_4198.jpeg

Oh man that sounds like quite the ordeal! I’ve yet to crash into an area I couldn’t ride out of, but I did get stuck in some mud in Mexico between San Felipe and Gonzaga that I wasn’t sure I’d ever escape from. Took a good 3 hours of hard labor to get out.

Just going thru’ some old photos, found this, I built this based on a Harris Magnum 4, most components from GSXR 1100 L in 1995

Slightly tweaked, 140 bhp at rear wheel and just enough engineering to keep the forks and swing arm separated functioning nicely

4EEC0F81-8B7A-4290-B40C-1C940A09C3DE.jpeg

2003 K1200RS. Picked it up a couple of years ago. Only 1600 miles and a $1500 custom exhaust and chip. One day of pulling off the Tupperware and rewiring to remove a felony (jammer). Price was real cheap.

Fitz.

F5DFD27F-BBB1-4FD6-BE02-E1FFA55E8227.jpeg

Reactions: gigamortis
Just going thru’ some old photos, found this, I built this based on a Harris Magnum 4, most components from GSXR 1100 L in 1995

Slightly tweaked, 140 bhp at rear wheel and just enough engineering to keep the forks and swing arm separated functioning nicely

View attachment 7295770
Cool leathers...
2E028A2F-3F51-42A8-BF47-67C94EB55980.jpeg
15315695-718C-41C0-8D08-23C5E030A9DD.jpeg

here is my 1st set. 25’ tape for size reference.
Oh... @Foul Mike On Any Sunday is on TV Prime right now along with the entire On Any Sunday series of movies.

IMG_20180616_163011_711.jpg

imagejpeg_1.jpg

Got this 2011 SG in Merlot Sunglo right before my wife and I were married 2 years ago. Then took it from PA to California a few months after the wedding to visit my mom in her new place. Ended up coming back to PA with a brand new 2018 Ultra Classic.

20180804_175159-01.jpeg

20190101_122351-01.jpeg

Was also fortunate enough she even let me buy an 06 Street Bob off a buddy a few months later!

IMG_20190317_110844_656.jpg

Reactions: Decoy and stompbox
me and my son, thunderhill afm

Aren't you and your son close anymore?

I guess you guys have nothing to say to each other being that one is on a Kawisucki and the other on a yamadog:)

Oh the good old rivalries we used to have among our group, I miss them:)

Aren't you and your son close anymore?

I guess you guys have nothing to say to each other being that one is on a Kawisucki and the other on a yamadog:)

Oh the good old rivalries we used to have among our group, I miss them:)
the kawi is a gimme, but nice eye catching the yamaha, can you name these bikes

Attachments

• raceday.jpg
    raceday.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: BikePilot
How is electric vs. ice? One day I'll get to try an e-bike. Can you use the throttle like a brake and hold it in a climb or similar?

Reactions: BikePilot