• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SH Motorcycle Thread

OMG, love the yellow bodied, white frame Superlight! As I already mentioned I love two valve ducks. Of course an R90 is also wonderful to have around.

Reactions: azbiker
005.JPG
12-13-03.jpg
DSC01180.JPG
IMG_20101008_143858.jpg

Nice bikes Sako man and Texascbr! My 2006 MV F4 1000s and Paul Smart LE were in for regular service a few weeks back Which created a hole in the line up. I was detailing some wheels on one of the cars and noticed this view. These three bikes span 44 years. 1975 to 2019.

View attachment 7846382

Is the Duck an 851? or SuperSport? Very nice collection, that BMW is a beauty. I think very few people realize the performance of the new V4 motor, you would need over $150,000 bucks to get equivalent performance in a car. I notice a nice 911 in your line up as well, I really regret selling my 2007 GT3, it was a dumb move.

I used to rebuild two valve Monsters, and went through about seven of them, when things when to the Testastretta it got too complex for me.

As well I had several 748, 749s, lem'e see if I can dig up some pics.

IMG_5973.jpeg

Mikes749Back.jpg

Is the Duck an 851? or SuperSport? Very nice collection, that BMW is a beauty. I think very few people realize the performance of the new V4 motor, you would need over $150,000 bucks to get equivalent performance in a car. I notice a nice 911 in your line up as well, I really regret selling my 2007 GT3, it was a dumb move.

I used to rebuild two valve Monsters, and went through about seven of them, when things when to the Testastretta it got too complex for me.

As well I had several 748, 749s, lem'e see if I can dig up some pics.

View attachment 7846486
View attachment 7846488

Love the gold wheels on your 748. I have a friend that owns a yellow 748. your 749s with the white tail llooks great also.

The yellow Duc is a 1993 Superlight which is a limited number version of the Supersport.

I am a fan of the 997 GT cars. Almost bought a orange 997.1 GT3 RS used, but ended up waiting for a new 997.2 GT3 RS in Grey black/red. I owned that car for almost 5 years and sold it when we moved from the midwest to AZ. First new car ever owned that didn’t depreciate while I owned it. My current 911 is a 991.2 GTS in PTS Voodoo Blue with PDK. I have became a fan of that transmission in the newer cars. I have a 2022 RS6 Avant ordered. I ordered it the first week of July 2021 and it is finally in production.

• Love
Reactions: Sako man
I love riding my Monster and having people tell me there’s something wrong with my bike. Had a guy tell me once I needed to put oil in it before I lock the engine up 🤣🤣

I've had a couple of similar experiences over the years. I even had the Ducati Performance dry clutch installed on my 2019 Panigale V4s Corse. I'm an older guy so it just seems right.

Reactions: koobs84
For you off road touring guys, what GPS are you running? And what would you do differently?

I just use a dedicated smart phone and download maps and use them in off line mode, dedicated GPS systems are so expensive these days and it's easier to use something like a smartphone that allows map updates when you get to a wi fi spot. This especially works well if you are using an app like Gaia or OnX Offroad. Otherwise stick to Garmin if you really want to spend the money and get a dedicated system.

Did a refresh on my supermoto over the winter, new plastics, graphics and an S3 high compression head to compliment the Coober ECU.

I can say that without a doubt this is the most fun motorcycle that I've ever had. It's an absolute ripper, the tighter the road the better.

DSC_2103.jpg SH.jpg

DSC_2104.jpgSH.jpg

Last edited:
Did a refresh on my supermoto over the winter, new plastics, graphics and an S3 high compression head to compliment the Coober ECU.

I can say that without a doubt this is the most fun motorcycle that I've ever had. It's an absolute ripper, the tighter the road the better.

iu.gif

It's so stupid fast and effortless, you can cram it into tight curves and it just sticks. It comes on pipe and wheelies out on the edge of the tire. Not enough weight to bugger the line but just enough drive to hammer through while levitating the front. It's crazy bananas fun.

Are GasGas rebranded KTMs tuned by GasGas?
Ktm bought GasGas. It’s 100% Ktm with a few tweaks to push the price down. So forged triple clamp instead of billet, no hour meter/odometer, no map switch or traction control, and different plastic. Everything is interchangeable though as far as chassis forks etc. They say it’s intended for the racers since they’re going to put all their own shit on it anyways. This is a 2022 model so it matches exactly the same motor spec as a 2022 KTM XCF. From here on out though, the gas gas will lag behind one generation. 2023 will bring a major update to Ktm and Husqvarna four strokes. I’ve had Ktm 300s for the last decade or so. I’d have been happy with Ktm or husky too, I just think the gas gas looks cool.

Ktm bought GasGas. It’s 100% Ktm with a few tweaks to push the price down. So forged triple clamp instead of billet, no hour meter/odometer, no map switch or traction control, and different plastic. Everything is interchangeable though as far as chassis forks etc. They say it’s intended for the racers since they’re going to put all their own shit on it anyways. This is a 2022 model so it matches exactly the same motor spec as a 2022 KTM XCF. From here on out though, the gas gas will lag behind one generation. 2023 will bring a major update to Ktm and Husqvarna four strokes. I’ve had Ktm 300s for the last decade or so. I’d have been happy with Ktm or husky too, I just think the gas gas looks cool.
They have traction control now? How's that for riding?

Edit: Been out of the game since 2018 when I sold my 2015 300 XCW.

The husky does, not sure about ktm, gasgas no. I think it works from the vids i watched, but no personal experience.

The 250/300 two strokes got a balance shaft in the engine and a better starter arrangement in 2017. Thats really nice! Im still a 2t guy, and im keeping the 2020 300 six days. The 4 stroke is a nice contrast. The motor is one angry bitch, so it makes for a completely different ride to the tpi 2 strokes. The 2t is now the more boring experience believe it or not. Still much preferred on the techy trails to me though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope

I’ve got the traction control on my FC450.

I’ve only used it a few times and it’s not bad. I believe it works based on how quickly the engine accelerates as there’s no sensors on the wheel/sprockets.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
After riding the cr500 my brother just bought, I have the want for a street bike again.

That is a Maico 700r

I'm absolutely certain you can get to Google....as to being able to type in Maico.....I'm not so certain.

I've only been back on 2 wheels for a little over a year--rode a lot in my 20s, got married, had a kid and sold the bike. 25 years later, no wife, no kid and I'm back to living my life the way it's meant to be.

2004 Springer Softail. Not the fastest. Not the biggest. Not the most comfortable. But it IS the exact bike I always wanted and it suits my riding style--cruising country roads and day trips--to perfection, and every time I ride (pretty much daily) all I do is smile.

cows.jpg

I've only been back on 2 wheels for a little over a year--rode a lot in my 20s, got married, had a kid and sold the bike. 25 years later, no wife, no kid and I'm back to living my life the way it's meant to be.

2004 Springer Softail. Not the fastest. Not the biggest. Not the most comfortable. But it IS the exact bike I always wanted and it suits my riding style--cruising country roads and day trips--to perfection, and every time I ride (pretty much daily) all I do is smile.

View attachment 7870931
Springers are one of the sexiest bikes ever made. She’s a beauty!!!

I've been looking for a big bagger for awhile now--I love my Springer, but she's just not the right bike for multi-state, 600+ miles/day trips.

I'm keeping my Springer, but I just added a 2007 Road King to the stable. At slow speeds, she's a big heavy pig, but at freeway speeds she's a Cadillac--smooth ride, lots of throttle response, comfy. (I took off the trunk and windshield for daily rides, but they're quick detach and only take a minute to reinstall)

Before you young bucks start cracking about it being an old man's bike.....I AM an old man, and y'all can suck it! :ROFLMAO:
Bridgett and Desiree 2.jpg

I traded my 2010 Dyna Street Bob for a 2018 Street Glide 4 years ago, I'm still under 50 trips around the sun for a couple more days...should have moved up to the bagger sooner.

I've been looking for a big bagger for awhile now--I love my Springer, but she's just not the right bike for multi-state, 600+ miles/day trips.

I'm keeping my Springer, but I just added a 2007 Road King to the stable. At slow speeds, she's a big heavy pig, but at freeway speeds she's a Cadillac--smooth ride, lots of throttle response, comfy. (I took off the trunk and windshield for daily rides, but they're quick detach and only take a minute to reinstall)

Before you young bucks start cracking about it being an old man's bike.....I AM an old man, and y'all can suck it! :ROFLMAO:View attachment 7885841
I traded my springer, technically a Cross Bones, for a Road Glide.

My only regret is selling that bike.

But for long rides, the RG is where it’s at.

The bags are nice but they’re usually full of the old lady’s shit and not mine.

I doubt anyone here who cares about the IOM TT doesn't already know, but they have been publishing interviews and race highlights on their YouTube channel.

They actually go back years.

I don't have TV but a 8-10 minute summary is enough for me in any case.

Went off roading this last weekend in North Central Oregon from Crane Hot Springs at the Giant Loop event. 722 miles in four days, including one hellacious dump of my bike. Bruises, broken ribs, fun time had by all.

View attachment 7888090View attachment 7888091View attachment 7888092View attachment 7888089
That looks like a great ride. I would have loved to have done it but my work schedule wouldn't allow this time. Hope you heal up quickly! There is a lot of beautiful riding in Central Oregon.

I have an old Franken bike here. EVO softail with the fender horns cut off. I found the left side 84-85 fender strut. Currently I can’t find the right side. Any help would be appreciated. Harley part number is 59955-84. I’ll pay for.

Thanks Gentlemen.

Fitz.

What are you guys doing to keep cool, here in middle MO temps and humidity have been tickling 100 for about a week or so now, with no end in sight.

I have started to strap an ice pack (like for a sprained ankle) to my chest for my hour ride home from work.

In another lifetime I raced sports cars and had a cool suit, basically a T-shirt with a tube sewn into it, with a cooler and a pump that pushed ice water across your body, amazing how much difference it made, and how much fresher you are at the end of the race. Started the process of trying to figure a way to do that on the bike, but my old shirt the rubber tubes have really gone down hill in 20 years.

In my research they do make something that holds 3L of ice water that is on basically a back pack, and is the same thing. Ordered it last night, we will see how it does.

The older I get (down hill side of 50's) the less heat I seem to be able to take.

Link if you are interested.

What are you guys doing to keep cool, here in middle MO temps and humidity have been tickling 100 for about a week or so now, with no end in sight.

I have started to strap an ice pack (like for a sprained ankle) to my chest for my hour ride home from work.

In another lifetime I raced sports cars and had a cool suit, basically a T-shirt with a tube sewn into it, with a cooler and a pump that pushed ice water across your body, amazing how much difference it made, and how much fresher you are at the end of the race. Started the process of trying to figure a way to do that on the bike, but my old shirt the rubber tubes have really gone down hill in 20 years.

In my research they do make something that holds 3L of ice water that is on basically a back pack, and is the same thing. Ordered it last night, we will see how it does.

The older I get (down hill side of 50's) the less heat I seem to be able to take.

Link if you are interested.

I bought the Ogio Dakar hydration pack for riding off road. Holds 3L of your favorite beverage.

Here's mine. I figured I couldn't afford a trophy wife, so I got toys instead...

It's an Air Bike Enduro. A motorcycle with wings. Top speed 80mph.

Also, here is a pic of my little project bike. Honda Rebel 250. Top speed 65mph.

The airplane is WAY safer, and lots more fun.
IMG_20220516_142039.jpg
IMG_20220719_160814.jpg

MOSKO makes a tank bag with a 2L camelbak inside. I have one and it works.

I bought the Ogio Dakar hydration pack for riding off road. Holds 3L of your favorite beverage.

Last edited:
My newest ride

Attachments

• A1EBDBA7-2E55-49C9-949F-0603B5EF22CA.jpeg
    A1EBDBA7-2E55-49C9-949F-0603B5EF22CA.jpeg
    813.3 KB · Views: 66
  • F8FD1A23-78DC-4AA7-81E4-248EA60375AC.jpeg
    F8FD1A23-78DC-4AA7-81E4-248EA60375AC.jpeg
    642.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 803759C0-D70A-46D8-88C3-F3E32C062160.jpeg
    803759C0-D70A-46D8-88C3-F3E32C062160.jpeg
    896.9 KB · Views: 52
68C8DAD8-4FB2-4FB2-8BE1-061632611C9D.jpeg
Installed forward controls and gave her a good wash before a ride this past weekend. Did ~275 miles with a few guys through the hills of west-central WI.
Almost required a new set of underwear when a guy on a Ducati in full leathers blew by us on the inside/wrong-side lane of a blind/hilltop left-hand curve at probably 80mph. Some people just can’t wait to die.