• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SH Motorcycle Thread

you’re keeping the green, correct? what about painting the the silver color the same green? think about keeping or losing the pin strip.

If it was my bile I would leave it the way it is. But, I prefer contrast with lighter/brighter colors.

It's your bike so you should definitely do whatever makes you happy.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
you’re keeping the green, correct? what about painting the the silver color the same green? think about keeping or losing the pin strip.
That's the plan as of right now.
My other idea, is just to go solid black, no pinstripe.
Looked at some black bikes online and I really dig to old standard... black & chrome.

If it was my bile I would leave it the way it is. But, I prefer contrast with lighter/brighter colors.

It's your bike so you should definitely do whatever makes you happy.
Normally, I like a 2 tone with one bright, and one darks too.
Problem is that with the bright being a silver... it's washing out the chrome so it doesn't pop.

Reactions: azbiker
What about some sort of lighter blue and keep the pinstripe? My drawing skills on phone are worse than yours.
Highway 1.JPG

i thought about having mine painted........robin's egg blue. the more i thought about it, the more i decided to leave it as is. most times when you customize the paint, you pigeon hole yourself when it comes time to sell it. it is VERY rare that i see an aftermarket paint job i like.

i thought about having mine painted........robin's egg blue. the more i thought about it, the more i decided to leave it as is. most times when you customize the paint, you pigeon hole yourself when it comes time to sell it. it is VERY rare that i see an aftermarket paint job i like.
Go for the Robin's egg blue.

IMHO... worrying about when you sell something later... "pigeon hole's" yourself in the moment.
You always end up thinking about getting maximum enjoyment on what you have... because you're too worried about some time in the future... when you won't have it.

When someone answers with "I like it with the silver" even if I disagree, I value that persons input.

When someone answers with something about resale... it always makes me think that person has, at some point, sacrificed their own enjoyment... for some future person's.

Make yourself happy.
Be sure to post a photo of the bike after you get it painted Robin's egg blue...

BTW, that 90% sure I was about adding the black... That's actually 100%.
Only thing is the 10% (not for the big guy... lol) is that I may just go solid black, with no pinstripe.
Depends on the labor to tape off the green, It may even be less expensive to go all black.

I have to darken it up though either way.
The silver just washes out the chrome too much.
Chrome should pop.

BTW, that 90% sure I was about adding the black... That's actually 100%.
Only thing is the 10% (not for the big guy... lol) is that I may just go solid black, with no pinstripe.
Depends on the labor to tape off the green, It may even be less expensive to go all black.

I have to darken it up though either way.
The silver just washes out the chrome too much.
Chrome should pop.
All black or stick with what you have.

Reactions: Daddyusmaximus
it is hard to argue with black. most of my bikes have been black....this current one is "black pearl" and it sure is pretty in person. pictures don't capture it. i really like the deep forest green bikes i have seen as well.
I will argue against black.

I have had 3 vs car accidents in my 40+ years of riding, all of them on black bikes.

After that I had that bright Kaw green, Bright blue, Red, White, and now red white and blue.

We all know cage operators don't look for motorcycles, I think black makes you more invisible.

And I am one of those moving traffic cones when I ride.....now. Back then not so much. How people can miss all that.....nevermind, stupid question.

It appears that Krambo's has done this exact thing before....
Great minds think alike.

340392955_176085645289494_1052804955185575280_n.jpg

I will argue against black.

I have had 3 vs car accidents in my 40+ years of riding, all of them on black bikes.

After that I had that bright Kaw green, Bright blue, Red, White, and now red white and blue.

We all know cage operators don't look for motorcycles, I think black makes you more invisible.

And I am one of those moving traffic cones when I ride.....now. Back then not so much. How people can miss all that.....nevermind, stupid question.
That is an excellent point

Reactions: timesublime
Glad to see your wearing a bucket . I was to cool to ride wearing one for years .Now it’s a bucket or no ride for me

Not yet. Was in Nebraska yesterday and it was touching 80 degrees.
Twere a LOT of bikes out. I’m itching but it’ll be a weeek or so before I can get out.
I’m in Florida and I ride pretty much all year. We just got past a few cold and rainy weeks and I’ll be riding to work today….just can’t decide which bike to ride—Springer or one of the Road Kings

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    930 KB · Views: 40
I’m in Florida and I ride pretty much all year. We just got past a few cold and rainy weeks and I’ll be riding to work today….just can’t decide which bike to ride—Springer or one of the Road Kings
Today it snowed and when I left work it was 24 degrees.

Mother Nature is a crazed psycho bitch going through menopause

Reactions: myronman3
Checked off the first sunburn of the year Saturday morning with a 3 hour ride. Had to scrub down the new rubber I had just put on…

Here's my current most favorite motorcycle, a 2021 Low Rider S, Wood 22XD cam, Sawicki exhaust, Fuel Moto BMF air filter, PV3 tuner = 117hp/128ft lbs

52731239868_91ab1005fd_b.jpg

I also have a '79 Low Rider which I inherited from my father:

48801753911_011a9a221d_c.jpg

This is what I traded out of to get my Low Rider. Fun bike, but with the wife being pregnant all the time I really didn't need a cruiser for us. I'll get another some day (to park next to the LRS, that's never leaving).

51277286804_72ea1a205f_b.jpg

And bonus, here's where my motorcycle addiction started, at the tender age of 2 or so:

52120793239_2b973478c5_b.jpg

Here's my current most favorite motorcycle, a 2021 Low Rider S, Wood 22XD cam, Sawicki exhaust, Fuel Moto BMF air filter, PV3 tuner = 117hp/128ft lbs

This is what I traded out of to get my Low Rider. Fun bike, but with the wife being pregnant all the time I really didn't need a cruiser for us. I'll get another some day (to park next to the LRS, that's never leaving).

And bonus, here's where my motorcycle addiction started, at the tender age of 2 or so:

I traded an RG for my 2017 RGS with a Woods 22X for my Low Rider ST.

That was a fun bike, but I’m not convinced I should have kept it.

The 117 in the LRST is a lot more fun than the 107 in the RGS.

Can’t seem to find pics of the LRST.

But I’ve got pics of the FC 450

IMG_20200911_111149_Original.jpeg
PXL_20210327_225656108_Original.jpeg

Last edited:

I traded a FG my 2017 RGS with a Woods 22X for my Low Rider ST.

I traded a FG my 2017 RGS with a Woods 22X for my Low Rider ST.

I was shocked at how powerful that 117 is. Rode my friend's LRST with a Bassani 2-1 + SE tune, and it was damn near as fast as my cam'd LRS.

If the Diablo had been available when I was shopping, I absolutely would've picked one up

I've got the 22XD in my RG also. Love the way it runs!
View attachment 8360515

It's such a fun cam! Lots of people tried talking me out of it, but honestly I feel like the engine has some of the older Ducati characteristics, it just loves being revved out but still gives good low/mid range torque.

Beautiful bike as well, my wife never liked the looks of tour packs but after sitting on an Ultra she conceded it "makes sense" lol

Reactions: 1911hombre
Whelp I have two bikes to fix now.

2001 V-Star 1100 has starting issues. Had it running fine in December. Not sure what the problem is now. Battery seems ok. Have a new relay in hand that may be part of the issue. Seems like it's struggling to crank as if it's not getting enough power. If the relay doesn't help it's time to start tearing it down and checking everything with the multimeter.
IMG_20240311_094836.jpg

In the mean time, I pick up this 2021 KLX300 with 800 miles on it, and 30 minutes away from the dealer on Saturday, the front tube blew out. No have new tubes, wheel seals and rim locks on the way for that. I've got no luck lol.

PXL_20240309_225207280.jpg

Current ride. 2023 Yamaha Tenere 700. Absolutely love this thing. I'm getting too old (early 60's) for the single track tough stuff so its mountain twisties and dirt roads/ fire roads for me nowadays. Made a few changes..... Motoz RallyZ rubber, MIVV Dakar high pipe, Rally Raid springs, BarkBusters, Spectrum Moto tail tidy, Adventure Tech rack and cash bars, Garmin Sumo XT. Since the pic I've added a Tusk bash plate. Got a AltRider high fender kit inbound. Crazy fun bike. Jet fighter through the dirt roads.

IMG_4330.jpeg
IMG_4331.jpeg

Mmmmm...yeah at 452 lbs she's a big girl if you're accustomed to MX style bikes or smaller dual sports. I had a Rally 300 before the T7.
I'll admit its a little top heavy when parked - but once your rolling its not that noticeable. You mentioned the KLR - those are 485 lbs with 40 hp compared to the T7 at 452 and 74 hp. Huge difference. Plus the suspension is pretty decent - just needs a bit more spring. The engine is fantastic; smooth, strong, and damn near vibration free - almost electric like; and the exhaust note is awesome.

Yeah I like the T7 on paper and sound wise. Haven't had a chance to sit on one. I think if I was in the market for one, I'd be taking a hard look at the Tuareg 660.

Yeah I thought about the Aprilia as its a few lbs lighter but........ limited dealerships and the uncertainty of parts availability was a deciding factor.
I'll take Yamaha reliability over Parts will be here in 14 weeks. But....The Tuareg is a great looking bike.

Yeah I thought about the Aprilia as its a few lbs lighter but........ limited dealerships and the uncertainty of parts availability was a deciding factor.
I'll take Yamaha reliability over Parts will be here in 14 weeks. But....The Tuareg is a great looking bike.
It's certainly reliable I'll agree with you there.