• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

FYI, there will be a local PRS match held there on 3 Jun if you guys didn’t know. Details are on the Manatee Precision FB page.

But you have to qualify "if" there's enough other people qualified to open the range, to get some dope on your rifle. Unbelievable.

20180525_163554.jpg

Reactions: Queequeg
Well my ammo showed up Friday afternoon so I'm all ready for a day of fun, what time are you guys going to heading out to the range.

I'll be there first thing

FYI post. I was there yesterday. The club is now operating under summer hours, 7 - 3 rather than 9 - 5. Qualification for shooting at 600 is shooting a 6" group or less at 300 and knowing the dope to get to 600. There is steel at 200 and 300 on the public line. Every distance on the public line has huge berms now.

The PRS match is the 1st Sunday of every month so the next is the 5th of August. The 600 line should be open after the match.

Hi, Jeff, howzit?

I gave up on NY, and hang my hat in SE AZ now. Shooting .223 now more than ever.

I still get to play with the 260 and a new 308 (and the Garand), but for now, I'm limited to 300yd/m.

Love my pair of Stag 6 Super Varminters.

Greg

Greg,

Great to hear from you.

I have been a lot busier than I'd like but i need to earn $$$ so. ..

I have been neglecting my shooting though and want to resume regular outings.

I'm still running .308s but also picked a 6.5 CM and a couple fast twist .243s. None of the latter have been exercised like they should.

Hope you and Celia are well and envy your bold move west!

I'm awaiting my 6.5 PRC dies, will need to make a trip out to test a few loads if anyone wants to join just let me know when.

Maybe
9/29

I have some .308 loaded up. I'll try to link up with you guys once I have the first batch of .300 NM ready for load development.

Last edited:
I won't have .300 NM by next weekend. Turns out it won't fit in the Co-ax shellplate so I had to order the LS shellplate yesterday.

Should be able to make it in October pretty easily.

Jeff; great to hear from you, too.

"Bold move West...", has a nice ring to it. Getting out of NY was mandatory. The high desert is an entirely different world. The thing about this part of AZ is that it's a lot like Florida; most of the people started out in another state.

Still shooting .260, same old Ghost Dancer. Really getting hooked on ARs, two 24" Stag Model 6's and three 16" Uppers.

Recently cobbled up a pair of Savage 24" 11VT's, identical except for chambering, 223 and 308.

223 at 600yd is the bees' knees.

Finally bought a handgun, Ruger American Pistol 9 Pro. Looking at the LCR9, may outfit the household with them.

Latest additions to the house, Granddaughter 21, just started yesterday as bartender at the VFW. Daughter and Grandson 19 arriving first week of October, both staying for good. Great to get the family o/o the Cuomo Evil Empire State.

The Quarters will be a tad packed for the near future, but having the young 'uns near to hand will be a very refreshing experience for this Elder Fart.

Best to you and yours.

Greg

Last edited:
Greg,

Sounds like life is great out there! Enjoy the bedlam while the Grandkids are there!
Our girls are grown and moved out. Our oldest is nearby, our youngest in Jacksonville.

I've been derelict in my shooting over the last couple years: A lot of Drama at Manatee and the club I shoot at in St. Pete has many rules to comply with... I need to become successful so I can buy a plot of land somewhere off the beaten trail.

Sounds like the past week at work, I'll be the early to test some loads, then try and play at the 600 yard range

The coming weekends I'll be all tied up, but we will get together in the coming months.

But on the plus side I got to chrono some factory match ammo for the 6.5 prc, 147gr eld just under 3100 fps

I have some 130gr eld match to load and 130gr Vdl to try the next outing

I have not read this whole thread, but why does Florida let people shoot at Manatees? Seems cruel. Or, for that matter, I think it is nice that Florida has a gun range for Manatees to use, but I always have had the impression they are peace-loving pacifists by nature.

So I have a few rounds of .300 NM loaded as well as 100x .308 with 100x 7WSM nearly loaded.

Anyone interested in meeting up in the near future? I'm pretty slammed this weekend but could probably meet up the weekend of October 27/28.

November 4th definitely won't work for me but November 11th probably will.