• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Hey Florida guys,

I'm heading down to Bradenton through the week of Dec 14. I saw this thread so I thought I give some of you guys a holler. I'd love to bring my stick down with me and do some shooting with fellow Hiders.

I see there is a 565yd Steel plate match on Sat. the 19th. Thought that would be fun but I'd like to shoot more than 15 rounds. It would be really cool if we could shoot the full range for some good solid data and trigger time.

I should be able to make it out there any day one of you guys can. I'd like to spend a couple of hours shooting, no too long, gotta spend time with the family.

Anybody interested, let me know.
CM.

Friday the 18th is looking good for me. Saturday the 19th is good to. I have some friends that we all get together and shoot at Manatee about 2 days a month. They are hide members as well. I will check with them.
Bring your stick and go. It is a nice range with some challenging side winds out at 1,000 yds.

I might be able to make Friday or Saturday (the 18th and 19th that is).

Center Mass,

Unlike travelling in the opposite direction, coming south with firearms gets more and more relaxing, the farther south you come!

You will not believe how easy your trip from Bradenton to the range will be: Go straight east on SR 64, about 20 miles east of I75 till you get to Logue road, then north about a mile.

I'm way over due in getting back there so I'm likely to get there this coming weekend as well.

Guys,

Sounds good. It looks like Friday will be best for me. I thought I was staying till Monday but turns out I have to leave Sunday morning.

How early do you guys start? Being from PA, I think I might like to get out first thing, before it gets too hot.

Will that work OK?

CM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might be able to make Friday or Saturday (the 18th and 19th that is).

Center Mass,

Unlike travelling in the opposite direction, coming south with firearms gets more and more relaxing, the farther south you come!

You will not believe how easy your trip from Bradenton to the range will be: Go straight east on SR 64, about 20 miles east of I75 till you get to Logue road, then north about a mile.

I'm way over due in getting back there so I'm likely to get there this coming weekend as well.</div></div>

Yup, I checked it out on the map already, looks pretty damn easy to get to.

CM

Some of the folks there never seem to leave!

I've been there as early as 8:30am and found others there setting up, though I believe hours are 9:00- 4:30 this time of year. 5-6 hours is not unusual.

I would not be too worried about heat for the next few weeks! Funny things can happen due to my unnecessary and copious fossil fuel usage but it typically is very mild to downright cool/cold this time of year here in the sunshine state!

Yes, I know what we call cold is a mere dip in temp. for a mighty Pennsylvanian...

Have a safe trip!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, I know what we call cold is a mere dip in temp. for a mighty Pennsylvanian...
</div></div>

Um, yeah. I don't even put a jacket it on until it dips into the 40's.
smile.gif

Another question also. Are there any fees involved? If so, how much.

Thanks,
CM

queequeg,
Are you showing up?? Friday the 18th 8:30 sounds good to me. I will try and round up some troops from down here.

I will say it again.... You guys that are able to go during the week all SUCK !!!!!!

mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">queequeg,
Are you showing up?? Friday the 18th 8:30 sounds good to me. I will try and round up some troops from down here.
</div></div>

Tony,

I'm trying to get there next Friday. I am very likely to be there tomorrow though, weather permitting! Anybody else going?

I have several projects about to break and there is a crush beginning next week, so I'll have to wait and see about playing hookie on the 18th.

Ren,

I have made suggestions that should work for you, i.e. stress, erectile dysfunction, swine flu, etc. It's not my fault you are such a conscientious employee!

I went down there today with my oldest daughter. We only got a little more than an hour in before it rained like a mofo! And didn't stop. Hasn't stopped yet either at 4:40 EST!

Oh well, now I have to conjure up a way to get there next Friday!

Have a good weekend Gents and Ladies.

I wll be bringing a few buddies as well. They are all retired military. Most of them do not ever shoot at distances over 100 or 200 yards. Should be fun.
Hey queequeg hope you can make it.
Hey Ren, I forsee the flue starting to hit you on Thursday afternoon with a miraculous recovery at 7:00 am Friday. Hope you can make it but your employer should appreciate your dilligance and work dedication. Hope to see you there but if not lets get together at Desoto.

I wold like to meet up but wont be home from communist ny until dec 23 until jan 16 someone shoot me a pm if you guys are shooting anytime in between

can only make it on saturdays after noon
or on sundays

so how about some of you guys try for those days if you could

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wll be bringing a few buddies as well. They are all retired military. Most of them do not ever shoot at distances over 100 or 200 yards. Should be fun.
Hey queequeg hope you can make it.
Hey Ren, I forsee the flue starting to hit you on Thursday afternoon with a miraculous recovery at 7:00 am Friday. Hope you can make it but your employer should appreciate your dilligance and work dedication. Hope to see you there but if not lets get together at Desoto.

</div></div>

Trying like a mofo to make this happen TD! I have several projects breaking all at once and pretty much have to make them happen. Nature of the biz. All the time in the schedules got pissed away early and by the time the door phase arrives, there is no time left for screwage! On the up side I have 4 projects all breaking right now so there will be plenty of revenue to pay for the 27 days of Kwaaaaaaaaaaannnzzzzaa. Or is it 39 days?

We'll see. Hope to meet you guys there next Friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bring $25 if you want to shoot 1k. the 575 yard line is $18.</div></div>
So, for $18 you can shoot everything from 575yds and under and $25 1000yds and under, is that basically how it works??

How many different yard lines are available??

I'm getting my kit together for the trip. How much do you guys usually shoot? I'm thinking I'll bring 50-75 rounds, sound like enough?

I can keep an eye on this thread while I'm down there on my phone so if there are any problems, let me know.

Other than that, I'll see you guys at the range around 0830 hrs on Friday the 18th.

Looking forward to it.
CM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Center Mass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bring $25 if you want to shoot 1k. the 575 yard line is $18.</div></div>
So, for $18 you can shoot everything from 575yds and under and $25 1000yds and under, is that basically how it works??

<span style="color: #000099">Yes</span>

How many different yard lines are available??

<span style="color: #000099">100 yard increments out to 565, then the rest of the way out to 1000, though there are times when intermediate distances are targeted, i.e., 700, 800 etc., alongside the banks of the big ass ditch (roughly 425 yards long) out to the 1000 berm.</span>

I'm getting my kit together for the trip. How much do you guys usually shoot? I'm thinking I'll bring 50-75 rounds, sound like enough?

<span style="color: #000099">150-175 sounds more like it!
grin.gif
Seriously though, it depends on your interests but there is a bank of spinners at the left side of the 565 berm that is addictive as all hell. Spinning those little bastards is a hoot!</span>

I can keep an eye on this thread while I'm down there on my phone so if there are any problems, let me know.

Other than that, I'll see you guys at the range around 0830 hrs on Friday the 18th.

Looking forward to it.
CM </div></div>

I'm trying to make it myself! Have a safe trip.

i'm bringing 100 rounds myself. how many you'll need all depends on how fast you shoot:)

come on jeff, "trying to make it"? we all know you'll be there, the addiction always wins in the end
laugh.gif

everybody else still planning on making it?

And since I didn't get there Yesterday, the need is intensified.

Actually, all the douche bags along the critical path of several projects have conspired, through indecision, procrastination, stupidity, petiness or arrogance to cause 5 projects I'm contracted for, to all need to be completed by 12/24. As my work comes at the end of a project, the accordion effect has me sandwiched into the time that remains!

While I am grateful for this burst of work, to round out an otherwise lean year, it does play havok in scheduling some weekday hookie time at the range!

I'll work on it though; Doors and locks can be installed at night too damnit!

Hey Queequeg,
Hope to se you there. I know how it is with work. Someone posted a good post for me on a forum and cann't keep up with the laser sales. Worked all weekend and skipped the honey do list. Now I want to take off on Friday. Guess i am in the same boat you are on working all night to make it work. All the guys coming with me are retired. Lucky Bastards.
Centermass, I would bring 100+ rounds as it is addicting to be able to shoot at all the distances. Also you can put the target at any distance in the 200 to 465 yard range so you have a undetermined range. That way you can have range and shoot practise as well.
Hey JamesZ1,
I will try and make a sunday trip as well after the holidays. It has been 4 weeks since I have been there . Too long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And since I didn't get there Yesterday, the need is intensified.

Actually, all the douche bags along the critical path of several projects have conspired, through indecision, procrastination, stupidity, petiness or arrogance to cause 5 projects I'm contracted for, to all need to be completed by 12/24. As my work comes at the end of a project, the accordion effect has me sandwiched into the time that remains!

While I am grateful for this burst of work, to round out an otherwise lean year, it does play havok in scheduling some weekday hookie time at the range!

I'll work on it though; Doors and locks can be installed at night too damnit! </div></div>

makes me glad that i am on the front end of this business instead of the back end. i had seven projects start in the last month that "needed" to be in for permitting by xmas. just finished the last one about an hour ago. guess i'm now technically unemployed for the rest of the year
smile.gif

need some help with your doors and locks? i have my own tools and don't sleep nights
laugh.gif

Your lucky. I run 2 businesses and burn the candle at both ends. But I still will make the time to go shoot at leaset once a week.
See you there. I plan on setting up at the far left so I can shoot prone also.

Made it down here safe and sound. Looking forward to Friday. Sounds like I'll be set up on the left with TDR because I shoot prone too.

What are we shooting, steel?

See you guys soon,
CM

There is steel at 1000 and steel reactive targets (spinners) at 565 yards on the left bank. There is also a large bank at 565 with lots of crap to shoot at! Fire extinguihers, a gopher, a steel plate and other stuff.

Hey Ren,
Sorry buddy, Its Friday this time. But lets plan a Saturday or Sunday after the holidays. Still have not shot or loaded any 338 rounds yet. Too busy.

Anyone else for the above??

Sounds good man! Im ready when you are pretty much!

grin.gif

Well I hate to pop the bubble but the weather looks really bad on Friday. I will keep an eye out tomorrow and check in.

let me know who is goning saturday i might run out there after work,if there is going to be some real shooting going on and im not talking about shooting a 50cal at 100yards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I hate to pop the bubble but the weather looks really bad on Friday. I will keep an eye out tomorrow and check in.
</div></div>

sounds like par for the course for when QQ and i get together lately. not averse to a little rain are you?
smile.gif

to be able to shoot good in bad weather you have to practice in bad weather

A little rain, I laugh at...

At 80% chance of rain, if it's monsoonin, I might choose to earn some pay that day!

What's a good (safe) way to wipe rain off scope lenses? I see a good deal of that in my immediate future!

I can't make Saturday if I play hookie on Friday!

And there's a two gun match at WAC on Sunday!! DOH. Rifle/pistol!

Well, QQ called this morning and it sounded like he was out. TDR1911, are you planing to cancel? will the weather be any better on saturday? can centermass make it out on saturday, and if not, does he still want to come out tomorrow given the weather? inquiring minds want to know.

Weather is looking a little crappy. Oh well, my rifle goes bang in the rain. I'm GTG if you guys are.

See you in the morning,
Tom

I will train in the rain any time. Monsoon is different. no need to submerge the equipment unless you paid good money for training or competition. I will be up at 5:00 am looking at the weather report. Hope it is good.
I have to go to West Palm Saturday morning.

yeah, not sure i'm in the mood to break down my gear and clean it for 4 hours like the last time i went shooting in a flood. sorry about the bad luck center mass, maybe next time.

I guess we better wait to see what the weather is gonna do. I will be up around 0700 and will sheck this thread to see what you guys at doing. Like I said, I'm gtg either way. Not sure about Saturday, will have to check.

Later,
Tom

well ill check to see who is going to be out saturday
just post out shooting if going to be there in the after noon
ok

I'll have to make one work stop in the early a.m. for sure. If it's just <span style="font-size: 20pt">ACTION NEWS TRIPLE DOPPLER</span> overplaying the big storm I might still make it.

I spoke to Gene on the phone and there is a 500 meter match Saturday and likely a generally high weekend turnout as well. The match is from 10:00-12:30 and he expects 20 people for that alone. He did say that long range shooters would still have access to the 1000 yard bank as well as intermediate target stands.

Friday is definitely the choice day to be there but Thursdays are great too! Just easier to duck out on Friday most times.

If I get there, it'll be around 10:30.

Hey guys, How does the range work? how far can you shoot? I am from New Mexico but my wifes family is in Florida.. Englewood.. and I have a friend who wanted to shoot I thought there would be no such thing in Florida.. and I know Englewood, Boca Grande that area. can you help me with details thanks

Everything is ready to go. I just checked the radar and a big heavy cell is coming in right now. 7:40 am. I am going to call as soon as they answer the phones up there.

Hey tsprink,
There is a range to the west of Arcadia. It is a closed club but I am a member and can bring guests. A whole bunch of us shoot there all the time. Pistol, 100yd, 200 yd.
Manatee is a great range. I am going to get there more often as 200 yds just does not cut it anymore.
I will check here in about 30 min's.

Well, I got up this morning and checked the radar. It looked like most of the rain had past and things would clear up in an hour or two so I headed out to the range with high hopes.

I guess I should have made a post to let you guys know but I didn't think anyone would check that early in the morning.

I found the place fairly easy. The range was very nice and well run. Gene and Skiles (sp?) Took care of me and got me shooting. The concrete was dry when I started but by the time I was done, my mat was soaked and so was I.

It was nice to get-out and shoot, put a couple on he 565 steel. I was a little disappointed thar I wasn't able to meet some of you guys, but such is life.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and if I make down again, maybe mother nature will tske it easy on us

Take care guys,
CM.

I guess I missed you by a a little more than an hour! I got there at 1:15 and asked Gene if anyone made it. He said one guy from PA.

Sorry I missed you. I managed to shoot until about 3:30, The last half hour it was pouring. There were only three other shooters there besides myself. El Nino is a dickhead...

i checked the weather this morning and figured i'd have a more productive day in the garage. guess i was right. to bad we missed you center mass, maybe next time. lets set something up for the 31st jeff. if they're open, we can get one more in before the new year
smile.gif