• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Sweet! Good job on the plates man! Hopefully we will be able to place them out further.
smile.gif
Glad you have some replacement parts on hand. QQ im sure will be aiming for your bolts and straps on purpose.
laugh.gif

As far as TDR... he will be there on Sunday. I think your thinking of Joeyhotfizzle.... I sent him a PM but he has yet to respond.
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont mind at all brudda... see you there! </div></div>

Very cool
Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Thanks
AL

I'm jealous I can't make it this weekend. It was cool meeting Jeff & Ty last week, I'm looking forward to the next one.

D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread has taken a decided turn for the awesome! </div></div>

Winning!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nebraska123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been thinking of Sunday all week!!! </div></div>

Me too! Here is a little gift for you guys!
A little night before steel smash poem for you.

Twas the night before steel smash, when all through the range
No one was shooting, not even a 22 rifle ….it was strange
The range was swept clean, right down to the brass
Steel smash will be awesome, it will kick ass!

Out on the range I heard such a clatter
I sprang from my bench to see what was the matter
Along came DirtDart,QQ, and Ren with Steel and Stands
Out came a shout, Come on MF’ers give me a hand!

So all of those not going
Hope you have a great day
Well knock out your target
And be on our Merry way!

rifle.gif

Ren,
That is too good. Ups came today so I'm ready no need to bring extra qq. Thanks for the offer any ways.

A Awesome day today! Windy enough to blame our misses on but at the same time puff up egos when we overcame it!

Seriously, I knew my 24" (1:10", Stainless) Kreiger barreled rifle (Originally a Rem. SPS) favored 175/178 grain bullets but I stubbornly kept trying to equal that preference with my several 155 grain loads! Clearly more work needs to be done there! Yet the 20" SPS with the 1:12 twist loves the 155s and still does well with the 175/178.

I can live with that if I can do no better as clearly, the older SPS was hammering the steel once I committed to 175s.

Great time today and good seeing you guys out there.

Excellent stuff today guys... and some damn fine shooting as well. Some of you guys are shooting like a damn house on fire! WOW! Jeff, I would say your rifles are good to go with your current 175's!

Dan and Al, It was good meeting you guys....and Al... if you dont mind Id like to drive you AR-10 a bit the next time we all meet up. Ill supply the rounds of course.
laugh.gif

Well I got home and went to take apart the stands and found out I left my socket set at the range. Piss, crap, shite..... Hope someone put in the club house.
All and all it was another day to remember. Thanks guys

Ren, I had no idea you were so inclined! I had my AR-10 as well; A real one- An Armalite!
laugh.gif
Actually it's the A4 variant and not ideally suited for extensive long range use but surprisingly accurate with a couple of my loads.

I just left it in the truck as I already had two rifles out there and, after burning through 240 match rounds, figured I'd poured enough money into the Manatee county country side for one day!

DD, sorry about that. Last place I saw the socket set was in the bed of the cart used to bring back the target when you replaced the straps with chains, around 1:00 pm. I thought you brought the tools and the box of chains back to your truck while I painted the target.

I figure we made at least 4 more trips down range after that, including the trip made to re post that target at the 565 left bank.

Damnit...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ren, I had no idea you were so inclined! I had my AR-10 as well; A real one- An Armalite!
laugh.gif
Actually it's the A4 variant and not ideally suited for extensive long range use but surprisingly accurate with a couple of my loads.

I just left it in the truck as I already had two rifles out there and, after burning through 240 match rounds, figured I'd poured enough money into the Manatee county country side for one day!

</div></div>

Yeah... I would like to try a precision semi auto .308. To see what it feels like to not have to run the bolt all of the time. I shot Joey's when he had it, but wasnt sure about it... mainly because we were shooting paper at Webb at 200. Id like to try and ring some steel with one.

On another note... DD and I are the ones that take the shooting the straps off the targets award for the weekend! Sorry about that buddy. At least no bolts were injured!

It was recoil and inertia that pulled the straps from the targets! No where near as sexy as actually shooting the straps or chains off outright!
smile.gif

Actually, it speaks volumes about the frequency of hits and the power of the impact of those match rounds rocking those heavy bastard targets!

That was Awesome....Pleasure meeting everyone.
Thanks again for letting me abuse your steel.

I was able to make hits on all the plates except the little one on the left @ 465 IIRC..
I could not hit it to save my life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Dan and Al, It was good meeting you guys....and Al... if you dont mind Id like to drive you AR-10 a bit the next time we all meet up. Ill supply the rounds of course.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You can take my "308AR"
grin.gif
for a spin anytime you like.
And I want to ride a bolt gun now.

Ill be down there again in couple weeks....gotta wait for SW Ammo to ship out my order.
I gotta learn to reload

AL

It was an absolute riot yesterday guys!! Thanks again for letting me beat up on your steel. I was on fire at the 565 bank all day with 175 gr southwest ammo. It was nice meeting you all, we need to do this again before Christmas!

Dan

That little bastard at 465 owned me for the first 8-9 pokes I took at him until I realized he wasn't perched at the base of the 565 bank...Estupido...

I tried finding a spot to hold based on where my misses landed but even so, that sucker thwarted me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alnkal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was Awesome....Pleasure meeting everyone.
Thanks again for letting me abuse your steel.

I was able to make hits on all the plates except the little one on the left @ 465 IIRC..
I could not hit it to save my life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You can take my "308AR"
grin.gif
for a spin anytime you like.
And I want to ride a bolt gun now.

Ill be down there again in couple weeks....gotta wait for SW Ammo to ship out my order.
I gotta learn to reload

AL </div></div>

Sweet..sounds good to me. It dont mind letting you drive the SAC for a while..... Ill be sure to load up some rounds for tha "308AR"
smile.gif

Most of us here reload, QQ, TDR and myself reload and im sure we wouldnt mind helping you out with any questions you have.

Im glad that my little guy at 465 gave you guys a hard time.... it was the equalizer! I think I only hit it a few times myself. The frame around it did take a few rounds as well.

Glad you guys had a good time.... now... off to the reloading bench!

I may get over to WAC, in St. Pete, on Friday afternoon as I have a short work day over there, at least as it stands today! If it holds up, I'd like to do some paper work over there. Should be a nice day and not typically very crowded on Fridays, especially in the morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may get over to WAC, in St. Pete, on Friday afternoon as I have a short work day over there, at least as it stands today! If it holds up, I'd like to do some paper work over there. Should be a nice day and not typically very crowded on Fridays, especially in the morning.

</div></div>

Lucky bastids! Going during the week again. I think thats the only kind of paper work I like doing tho, the shooting kind!

Are you sure your manliness will be okay not having any bolts or straps to attempt to shoot?

Your reloading FU is Strong! Already going back out to put more rounds down range! Damn!

May not be able to get there Friday after all...

I have a pain in the ass Sweet Gum tree that I have been fighting the city and Mrs. Q to remove: The city due to a psychotic tree preservation mania, any trees but especially the "Grand Trees", and Mrs. Q because it's going to cost about 3K to take the big bastard down and aggressively prune a massive oak ...

I need to be here if that is the day the tree outfit is going to work.

Of course, if the tree guy isn't going to show then I'll go back to Plan A!

The best laid plans, etc.

Shooting during the week..Nice..wish I had enough time.

On a side note I might be joining the bolt gun brigade.
I have a new member who owns a lawn business and took in on barter what was described as a short Remington 308 w/black stock black barrel.
He said he doesnt shoot it so I said "lets barter"....
grin.gif
7months of training for the rifle.

He said he will bring it in tonight..... Cant wait to see what it is.

AL

Edit: No Go..its a 770....
frown.gif

Awwww maaaaaaan. Such a shame.

On the other hand, you could put a CounterSniper on it, liberally use the word Tactical, and sell it on Gunbroker for a discount at only $1,800.00!

Bahhahaa, Hahahaha. You just gave me a new business venture. Just don't put it out on the net and let the cat out of the bag.

So when are you guys meeting up agin so I can come out and play

So what are you steel owners going to do about those targets of yours, just sitting there, mocking you, daring you to bring them back out to the unfriendly confines of the Manatee Pain Center?

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I hope to see you out there again soon.

Sunday perhaps?

laugh.gif

Hmmmmmm...... Sunday...... I might be able to pull that off.

I need to do some paper work though, as my loads are lacking. If I can go Ill bring the steel for you guys.

Hi,

Is anyone on here a Secreatary or Board member of a FL based shooting club ?

Thx

Ill be there brudda! Ill bring some steel.
smile.gif

Sorry guys, I am busy . Have not even been to any range in 5 weeks. Plus I have been practicing my up close and personal drills lately. Pistol , knife,& CQC hand to hand.
Have fun.

<span style="font-size: 26pt">Well then get un-busy!</span>

Sorry, don't know what came over me..

Any word from Admiral Hot Fizzle? His dad? Dirt Dart? James? Jason? Al? Firemedic?

It ought to be a good day for bullet trace too!

Awe Crap...Ill be in S. FL for, of all things , a written test blah blah blah

But on a brighter note I finally finished my first rattle can job-Krylon Multicam on my MA-Ten..
Ill post pics tomorrow.

I will for sure be down next sunday if anyone is up for it.

AL

Sure was nice out there today! Windy but not as bad as we thought it was! At the time...

Long story.

Anyway, got the rifles with their new scopes zero'd and shot the shit out of Ren's 4x4 post at 565 yards...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure was nice out there today! Windy but not as bad as we thought it was! At the time...

Long story.

Anyway, got the rifles with their new scopes zero'd and shot the shit out of Ren's 4x4 post at 565 yards... </div></div>

Wish I could have made it out

Rifle is done and pics are up in this thread
*pic heavy*

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2964514#Post2964514

AL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do nice work Al! First rate.

We could have used your spotting Sunday. </div></div>

Thanks

My weekend kind of sucked
I went to south beach for the first time and didnt even get to see it....?

Ill be there this Sunday for sure if anyone is up for it.

AL

Cant make it tomorrow, but I am on for Sunday the 8th!