• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shorty Build Is a laser!

RIGGS9985

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2012
    Nebraska
    E209F110-D64F-43D6-ACC0-3291C466438A.jpeg
    Range day today with a new build. Tikka T3 22 creedmoor. M24 18” 8 twist. Shot a thrown together load today with some 75 eldm at 3340 fps. The rifle shot excellent. Had a slightly sticky bolt so I will shave a little off. Going to be heck on coyotes. Video below

Looks like a shooter. Did you have the bevel of the action faced off when having your M24 barrel installed?

Reactions: RIGGS9985
    That's a fantastic rifle. I really love the MK5HD 3.6-18. Great scopes. I've got one on a custom 280AI, and another I'm putting on a Seekins PH2 in 6.5. I'm strongly considering having that PH2 converted to 22CM though. That is one great caliber.
    Thanks Chief, this is definitely my favorite rig.

Thanks Chief, this is definitely my favorite rig.
    I don't blame ya at all there bud. I'm pretty jealous of it myself! I think I'm either gonna convert that PH2 to 22cm or my Tikka CTR. More than likely the Tikka. I think that would be a great entry level trainer rifle for my 8 year old to get into centerfire shooting. How's the recoil on that 22CM? I think I'd do a 22" Proof barrel for it.

Reactions: RIGGS9985
    3000 with a 95. WOW.
    That's with a medium load of 4831sc. I could get plenty more with N550 or 4350 if I wanted to step on it, but 3000+ is plenty with a 95 SMK and wreaks one-shot havok on big blacktail and whitetail bucks. At this pressure and powder temp, I have yet to wear out a Lapua primer pocket on my converted brass and my throat still looks great.

That's with a medium load of 4831sc. I could get plenty more with N550 or 4350 if I wanted to step on it, but 3000+ is plenty with a 95 SMK and wreaks one-shot havok on big blacktail and whitetail bucks. At this pressure and powder temp, I have yet to wear out a Lapua primer pocket on my converted brass and my throat still looks great.
    Are you using spp or lpp?

I have 6.5 CM lapua brass. What is the process to neck them down? TIA

I read the title on this as "Shorty Built a Laser..." and figured you were referring to this:

My bad. I need to work on my reading comprehension.

Sirhr

PS.... beautiful build! Tikka's make for really nice custom rifles. I built a .14 Eichelberger on one and it, too, is a little laser beam!