• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shot some 115DTACs in my 6 creed today!

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
This wasn't an all out assault for accuracy, but just to get an idea what these bullets are all about. First 5 shots was just to burnish the Boron Nitride into the barrel, 39grs RE17, (you can see part of that group in the corner of the pic) that got me an avg of 2916, ES of 88 and SD of 33, but that didnt really matter since they were just foulers, so to speak. The other 2 loads were 41.6 & 41.9grs H4350, the same loads i shoot with naked 105 HPBTs Hornadys. 41.6grs gave me(with the 115s) an avg of 3052, ES of 28 and SD of 12, 41.9grs I got an avg of 3081, ES of 21 and a SD of 9. The wind wasn't cooperating like I thought it would, and being as sunny as it was the mirage at times was horrible, then for some reason my scope had been turned down over 4 MOA, but still hit paper so the day wasn't wasted. The 41.9grs load gave me a .5moa group, as you can see a load of 41.6grs H4350 with the 105s was inside that group(same poa, btw) as well because I didnt know that my scope had been turned down that far and thought the 115s were just hitting that low for some odd reason, 16 clicks later restored my zero for the 105s, again. 41.6grs with the 115s gave me a 1.285" group, both at 300yds. Long story short, now I got an idea of how these DTACs shoot, will do more testing in the spring.
idxv7VC.jpg