• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should we arm the Mars Rover with a small tactical nuke so it can put a hit on the Chinese rover?

Should we arm the Mars Rover with a small tactical nuke so it can put a hit on the Chinese rover?

• Yes

• No

• Does a wild bear shit in the woods?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    1623603538202.png

Hell Yes! I think we need to F with the chicoms, any chance we get. That would be awesome to sit in Mission Control, and watch it just evaporate (can something evaporate on Mars, asking for a friend??). Mac:oops:

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    I have absolutely no idea as to why there isn't (maybe there is?) some sort of R2D2 offensive shit on our rovers for exactly this kind of thing.

We'd zap their robot or knock it over so it just sat there, on its side for 3 years sending the exact same picture.

They'd be all like 'you broke our Lobot!' and no one would give a shit.

I have absolutely no idea as to why there isn't (maybe there is?) some sort of R2D2 offensive shit on our rovers for exactly this kind of thing.

We'd zap their robot or knock it over so it just sat there, on its side for 3 years sending the exact same picture.

They'd be all like 'you broke our Lobot!' and no one would give a shit.

First off, Mars is a big place, and those rovers have very limited range, so unless you land right next to them, the chances of you being close are pretty small.
    There is also no real strategic reason to mess with somebody else's little toy car on some distant planet at this point of things, the little rover will breakdown and stop on it's own before too long.

First off, Mars is a big place, and those rovers have very limited range, so unless you land right next to them, the chances of you being close are pretty small.
    There is also no real strategic reason to mess with somebody else's little toy car on some distant planet at this point of things, the little rover will breakdown and stop on it's own before too long.
    The hole idea (see what I did there?) is........F with the chicoms! Come on man! Mac;)

If you can launch 1, you can stick 2 in there.

1 is the one that does its exploration mission. The 2nd, is the hunter/killer evil brother that gets dropped near where the China robot is to do its thing.

And of coarse there's a strategic reason; you spend years and billions of dollars on putting this together, sending it up there and then....it gets knocked on its ass the next day.

Sounds like a gigantic waste of money forced onto our enemies with zero to show for it as well as a big Go Fuck Yourself.

Now that I'm thinking about this, I think R2D2 also needs some sort of SAM variant so when he's there, he can simply shut off until we know another China bot is coming, get into position, and AA that shit down in the air while its landing.

There goes another half a trillion. Raffing out Roud.

1 is the one that does its exploration mission. The 2nd, is the hunter/killer evil brother that gets dropped near where the China robot is to do its thing.

And of coarse there's a strategic reason; you spend years and billions of dollars on putting this together, sending it up there and then....it gets knocked on its ass the next day.

Sounds like a gigantic waste of money forced onto our enemies with zero to show for it as well as a big Go Fuck Yourself.

Now that I'm thinking about this, I think R2D2 also needs some sort of SAM variant so when he's there, he can simply shut off until we know another China bot is coming, get into position, and AA that shit down in the air while its landing.

A 'Stealth' SAM, then blame it on the Klingons. Theyre real, ya know.

Heck, I think a Cluster Bomb (IF there was enough atmosphere to light it off) would probably be worthwhile to watch also. I mean, wouldn't it have sensors on it, to detect "threats"?? Watching that thing dart/scurry all over the place would be so much fun to watch. Mac

A wise man would have some sort of borg option built into its rover.

assimilation and be part of the collective.

Well we do have a chopper up there.
    Stir up a dust storm and cover their solar panels.
    Or just bury their rover completely if it can.

Well we do have a chopper up there.
    Stir up a dust storm and cover their solar panels.
    Or just bury their rover completely if it can.
    Just wack the dish feed with a suitable mass (rock, bullet, etc) and miss-align it. No more antenna gain.. lost in space.

It's a game of who can do what, and .. not get caught.

Ya‘ll believe the Chinese have a rover on Mars? When they landed a plane on an aircraft carrier for the first time only 3 years ago?

I'm not mad at their rover, I'm mad at the CCP leaders.

Ya‘ll believe the Chinese have a rover on Mars? When they landed a plane on an aircraft carrier for the first time only 3 years ago?

The chicoms took out a satellite just to show their abilities. It added to the space junk circling our planet.

The technologies are available for the taking and they have the money to do much of what we can do.

President Clinton authorized a U.S. aerospace firm to launch a satellite in China earlier this year, despite warnings from the Justice Department that the move would jeopardize an ongoing investigation of the company, headed by a major Democratic donor, according to internal documents released Friday by the White House.

Snip
    Into this mood thudded the latest in an endless succession of falling shoes, yet another revelation by the indefatigable Jeff Gerth of the New York Times: That cooperating witness Johnny Chung told Justice Department investigators that much of the money he poured into Democratic coffers came from Liu Chao-ying, a woman with an arresting resume: (1) lieutenant colonel in the People's Liberation Army, (2) an executive of China Aerospace Corp. and (3) the daughter of Gen. Liu Huaqing, then China's top military commander. Lt. Col. Liu has now faxed a denial to the Associated Press, but the Times reported that President Clinton posed for a photograph with her at one fund-raiser.

This eye-popper dovetails with other recent reports: (1) That there has been a criminal investigation of two U.S. aerospace firms for illegal transfers of technology to China after a Chinese rocket launching a U.S.-made space satellite failed; (2) that a Pentagon panel concluded the transfer harmed national security; (3) that the President overrode Justice and Pentagon objections to approve an additional satellite launch by one of the firms, Loral Space and Communications, whose chairman Bernard Schwartz was the largest personal contributor to the Democratic Party; (4) that the CIA reports Chinese intercontinental missiles are targeted on the United States; (5) that India tested nuclear weapons, perhaps partly influenced by American aid to China, raising the stakes on all national security issues.

The chicoms took out a satellite just to show their abilities. It added to the space junk circling our planet.

The technologies are available for the taking and they have the money to do much of what we can do.
    That’s why it took them 50 years to make their own turbine blades out of titanium.

Tac nuke? Nah, man....no precision there. How about .375 Cheytac.....with the thin atmosphere on Mars this could be the beginning of the King of Ten Miles! haha

actually, I don't know shit about ELR so maybe there is some other round more appropriate. But tac nuke...where is the fun of that? haha

Last edited: