• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Shuttered eyeguard ?

shoots100

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
NYS Flatlands
I'm looking to install a shuttered eye guard on my pulsar digisight scope.It has an eye piece with a 1-3/4" ID.Can anyone let me know what the ID is of the shuttered eye guard from the PVS-14 please ?
Thanks,
Steve

Re: Shuttered eyeguard ?

Don't know if I'm going to be any help brother, but I have a pvs14 with the regular eye cup. It threads into the ocular on my scope. The treads are about 1.18". If you could remove the rubber from the threaded ring it would have an id of about 1.5"

I just bought a pvs4 and the shuttered eye cup is a real pain. I'm thinking of cutting out the flaps.

Thanks for the info Mitch.Maybe I can stretch the PVS14 cup out a bit to fit my scope.The regular cup for the 14 is kinda cheap,so I think you might be better off buying a non shuttered cup,than cutting a $30 cup.Be safe.

I bought the PVS14 shuttered eye cup and it fits over the digisights eye piece,but won't open fully when you press your eye into it.Upon further F'ing with it,I found that it fit's nicely inside of the digisights eye piece and works perfect.Now I have to find my thermal eye and see if it fits over it's eye piece.My work is never done.

Victor got me a spare shuttered cup for my NV D-760 (I cut the "leaves out on the stock one), it's nice to have the option,