• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Suddenly our little moniker is already feeling rather restrictive.... Any thoughts gang?

Huh? Me? The only thing I don't want to do is broadcast our exact location in the Sol Duc incase someone wanted to shut us down....99% sure it would never happen just don't want to have to worry about the 1%.

The other spot we first went to is private buddy/honor system is all....lots of people have the key I just am not going to give it out as it is not my property.

But I agree....the more the merrier!!

Heh.... DSM... I couldn't agree more... I was referring to the name "Snipers Hide of Western Washington Group".... and starting a thread over on Artic's site.... it's the name that's becoming restrictive... don't you dare go broadcasting your honey spots
wink.gif

I am not 100% on making it on Sunday not....got a log truck engine half rebuilt and the customer is in a hurry so I can get double time today and Sunday....might not make it on Sunday.....give blackwidow a PM and see if he wants to meet up....if you don't get a reply by this evening PM me and I will call him and ask him.

Semper Kill.... I believe you were looking for stuff out to 1k... if so, you'll want to wait for next weekend anyway....

Ranger... nice.

The spot they have tomorrow i think is really only good to 400. You should probably just wait till next weekend, then you will get 500-1k.

CJG

Yeah next weekend should be GTG....pick a day Tribe....being gone working this weekend is pissing my wife off already...haven't told her I will be gone one day next weekend also!!!

Sunday would probably work better for me but either will work.

Man.... really got your balls in a vice huh
whistle.gif
. Honestly... a four hour drive out early in the morning, a full day of shooting, and a four hour drive home, sounds a lot more appealing on a Saturday, than it does on a Sunday... not to piss and moan, but...
eek.gif

I should talk to arctic, i wonder which day he would prefer. I would lean towards sunday, but i can go either way.

CJG

Well Tribe grab your Metamucil and just take your Sunday Afternoon dose at the range!!!!

HAHAHA either way bud, no with the working thing...I hate working weekends but good money is few and far between right now so I take what I can get.....plus I hate being one of those guys that work all the time and never make time for their family when they ask for it....there is a guy at work like that....after 32 years his wife left him....and it was a suprise to him!!!!

Just let me know when....my wife just always says...."see ya" half smart assed but I am a guy so I take what she says for what she says...not what she means!!
laugh.gif

Dude... work and family come first. If you've got work, then it's Sunday. If you don't, Saturday would be nice, as I've got the domestic thing in spades, and the long, late drive home works much better on a Saturday night - but it don't matter. Your spot... you make the call... if you leave it up to debate, we'll all still be talkin' about it next weekend, from behind a keyboard, instead of out in the Great Wet, bangin' steel! Either way, I'll be there with plenty of ammo
wink.gif

BTW.... little word of advise... it ain't what she says that matters... it's what she means, that you'd better learn to hear. Why you think the old man never seems to be able to hear a damn thing....

I got the "Whatever"...so Saturday it is...now Tribe has to pick the time.....Alby's would be a good meeting spot if we are going to have more people this time.....PM for detailed directions if needed.

9AM ON SATURDAY AT ALBERTSONS ON LAURIDSON BLVD IN PORT ANGELES

I am pretty tied up until the begining of July, but when I get back I would like to make a trip out to the forks site to see what it is like. I alos have purchased a remington VTR in 308 and outfitted it with a 4-14x loopy so my friend Don can join us. Don is a newbie to shooting in general but boy is he seriously listening and learning in a very short time he will be an additional longrange compatriot

Oh yea I have been a member at wct for several years. I pretty much check both sites every weekday as part of my e mail checking routine. Weekends are a little hit and miss, but if the guys pm me here or at wct I get an email notification on my I phone and I check messages

Appears it is just us Tribe....I am not sure how much shooting I am going to be able to get in....my plumber washed my reloading desk down and so now the carpet and padding is up and dryig with a fan....so I still have 70 rds of 300WM but not much else!!!! Was goig to make more this week but the padding is still wet! And the prss is mounted to the desk which is on end right no. So I am still game on just not going to be shooting much....

I got an email from arctic light today and he isnt going to be able to make it. But i am still planning on coming up. Of course im not going to have my scope that i have been waiting for, but i have a couple other guns to bring. But im in the same boat. not much ammo, so I wont be shoot a whole lot at all. more curiouse as to the lay out of the spot and would like to meet you guys.

CJG

well aren't we a sorry lot! I have lots of ammo (.260 Remington) and no rifle to to shoot it! I've GOT to get that 260 back!

I might just be sick on Thursday or Friday....got 5lbs of powder and plenty of primers and bullets!!!!

I guess it might be .......................THE THREE AMIGO's!!!....sorry just watched it the other day...

Seriously???? And here I was starting to worry that we'd have too many guys to manage... heh
smirk.gif

Solo.... or big group, I can't wait... I believe it's supposed to be nice too! Bring your pasty-ass sunscreen
laugh.gif

Ranger... if you want to make the trek, you are more than welcome to shoot what I've got. Logistics is the only real issue...

Wow.... has he contacted you through the Hide? I've never had a confirmed sighting of him here... Ultra Ghost-Lurker
wink.gif
I already tried... he's gotta leave town this weekend.

Sent him a PM asking also...maybe you scared him away with the Shaman talk!!!!

Got the extractor fixed on my 300WM....$63 to change an extractor??? He even lowered the labor some.....oh well next time I should just go with Sako style!!

9AM it is....might be a little late....I have to run to Safeway and pick up some food.....

Ya I got your message and I have your cell number. If im late or something happens ill call. I'm planning on being there at 9am. See you guys there.

CJG

Nice
grin.gif

Gee Joe... I hope you can squeeze that in before I get there from frickin' Redmond... They ain't carryin' that food stuff at Albertson's no more???
crazy.gif

They don't have the "Eggs in a Bag" at Alby's....Brody said how good they were!!!

I got on one of those new diets where you don't eat any meat....wife figures I will be dead in 3 days!!!

All prepped and got your dads 6mm?

Don't eat meat.... WTF???

Just the barreled action... Ready to roll... night, night... Out.

Tribe im in redmond too. You ever go to the interlake range in rose hill?

I cant make it out this weekend btw, finals have got me all tied up but summer break is coming so im hoping to meet you guys sometime and let my rifle stretch its legs
smile.gif

I know exactly where it's at... been there... lived damn near across the street at one point... never actually shot there
wink.gif
... for anything beyond 200yds... or 100 yds for that matter, the closest options is CRPC... I shoot there weekly, unless off road-trippin' like right... about... NOW! Steel at 1,100 (and under) - out in the great North-Wet
grin.gif

Haha awesome, well im going to have to link up with you guys at some point and try to steal some knowledge.
smile.gif
im such an F-ing city boy im not even sure what 1000 yds look like :p

Well I got back a few hours ago. Definetly a good day. I got some hits at 500 and a couple at 800 with the 223 ar. Nothing real consistant though. The crappy stock trigger gets pretty frusterating to deal with... Managed to break tribes steal stand at 800 with the .50. ahhahaha. Sorry but i guess its time for an upgrade on that. I was pretty impressed with the ability of both dontstrokme and tribes ability to consistantly put rounds on steal at 800 and 1100 yards. Very good shooting and definitely have some knowledge to pass on. Thanks for the good shooting session today guys. We should all discuss dates for a get together in august.

CJG

Hey Rotor, it was good to meet you man... thanks for letting me get behind that rock-buster of yours... not to mention the other toys!
grin.gif
All that, with the added bonus of a real nice, farmer's tan! Tough to beat! Joe, thanks for playing steel jockey again... you da' man.

I keep meaning to hook back up with some of you guys. I've got the steel. Got a nice little rig to hike my gear in and out. Been doing the 6" gongs. Can be pretty challenging.

SA! Been wondering where you've been, and how that 6.5 is wringing out... Did you find a good spot to shoot the gongs? You should definitely jump in on one of these PA shoots... it's a drive, but well worth it... for a junky anyway...
whistle.gif

Well, I ended up getting a .260 barrel as well. Then a tightbore .308. So I've been switching all of this stuff around. I haven't shot the 6.5x47L in a while. Oh yeah and I built another SPR that's closer to spec. On top of that, I ended up re-inventing my 5R. So it's been a lot of building and playing around a bunch of different stuff.

5R_McMillan_A4.jpg

Kombar and I have a place that he found to shoot the gongs. Requires a hike. Maybe a mile? Terrain is rough in spots, especially where we end up placing the gongs.

More than anything I need to get to some serious reloading. I should have a bunch of good load data, just need to get down to it and do some production. Of course, with the availability of primers, I've been reluctant...

Wow.... Holy Crap, you've been busy... Very Nice!

What sort of ranges can you guys reach at this spot.... always down for a hike (not that I'm trying to invite myself or anything)!
grin.gif

Man... next time we hook up, please bring that 5R set-up... I've always wanted to fondle an A-4!

Too bad on the primers... happened across some extras... figured I'd take them, cause someone in the group would surely be in need... sure enough, the very next day, they were off to a good cause
wink.gif
... I'll keep my ear to the ground... hopefully everyone else on this thread will do so as well... keeps us all shootin'!

C

Hmmmm... I have a feeling we're going to get along quite well, Garrett. So far both the rifle's I've seen of yours have been setup in a way that "appeals" to me.
laugh.gif

Now I feel like I got gypped out, missing you at FNRL.

Tribe,
I think that Kombar and I would be more that happy to have you(Tribe) along. Ranges are from about 450yds to 750yds. Though we think we should be able to do about 1100yds. Main issue is getting the targets placed and making sure they're visible from the firing line.

Dibs on fondeling one of those A4's!!!

I promise I will wipe it down when I am done!!!!

Someone want to pick a date for August or July?

Heh... nice garrett... man, here I've been trying to figure out how to get my hands on an A-4 before taking the plunge... and every guy in the neighborhood has already got one!
laugh.gif

SA... just shoot me a line the next time you guys are thinking about going... I'd love to get in on some tromping through the woods! I've also gotten a couple of steel plates off of DSM, that I could add to the mix... those puppies are frickin' heavy though!

DSM... I don't know if I could hold out 'til August
eek.gif
... Right now, it's looking like the weekends of July 11th, 18th, or August 1st are all possibilities... especially if you were thinking of a camp-out type of thing... but either way, I could make any of those work... unless the boss chimes in, prior to my making a commitment... so better hurry
wink.gif