• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Siete vs Delta 5 Pro vs AT-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Delta 5 Pro use the barrel extension like the original Delta 5? That would be a hard no for me. If it's threaded, it would still come off in favour of something that's not hammer forged, in which case, it prices itself out of contention over a custom action and the barrel of my choice.

No worries, we all started somewhere, I started with a Savage LRP in 6.5 CM. It's also had a 7-08 , 7 saum, and now a .223 barrel on it. It will stay a 223 from now on. With the savage and some other actions you can change the bolt head to match as well so you don't need a new bolt. Since you were a crew chief you have some mechanical experience. Changing a barrel on a regular action isn't difficult and doesn't take long. I'd suggest shooting it more and changing barrels less. I didn't really feel like I had learned to shoot decent and read wind till I had about 1000 rounds through the barrel. But then I shoot with a club that has a few members that can or have won a national PRS match and a bunch more that will out shoot them if they have an off day. Just being pretty decent puts you mid pack. :)
If I didn't have 7 stents in my heart I would shoot a lot more. I usually mess around during the summer and shoot in the winter. I sold a Ruger Precision a few months ago along with a Delta 5 and I have to tell you that both guns were impressive. I have this new Delta 5 Pro set up the way I want it now, so we will see what happens. Does the PRS have a division that is basically an off-the-shelf class? I looked at their production class but it was all custom guns. I would like to see a Daniel Defense against Tikka and see some of the other manufacturers just go at it and let us see if one is consistently better than all the rest. Just my opinion.

I looked at their production class but it was all custom guns.
If the production class you saw was all custom rifles then you looked wrong.

2.3.2 Rifle: For the purpose of the Production Division, a rifle is defined as a publicly available rifle per the original manufacturer’s configuration of a complete firearm which will be comprised of at least but not limited to the following: stock with bottom metal or chassis, a complete action, a barrel and a trigger mechanism.

Now, are they using a shitty daniel defense? No. Ill give you that lol

Reactions: b6graham

2.3.2 Rifle: For the purpose of the Production Division, a rifle is defined as a publicly available rifle per the original manufacturer’s configuration of a complete firearm which will be comprised of at least but not limited to the following: stock with bottom metal or chassis, a complete action, a barrel and a trigger mechanism.

TBF to those who don't know any better just by looking at guns the production class is now just basically custom guns all assembled by one company instead of a guy in their basement getting the parts

MPA and GAP production rifles are pretty well priced (looking at you $3000 Badrock lol) for an entry gun if you don't mind giving up some features or build options or don't know any better on how to build a full custom for $2-3k

If I didn't have 7 stents in my heart I would shoot a lot more. I usually mess around during the summer and shoot in the winter. I sold a Ruger Precision a few months ago along with a Delta 5 and I have to tell you that both guns were impressive. I have this new Delta 5 Pro set up the way I want it now, so we will see what happens. Does the PRS have a division that is basically an off-the-shelf class? I looked at their production class but it was all custom guns. I would like to see a Daniel Defense against Tikka and see some of the other manufacturers just go at it and let us see if one is consistently better than all the rest. Just my opinion.
Truthfully it isn't the arrow it's the indian. Just look at the videos the Phillip Velayo has done using a Tikka. https://www.youtube.com/c/PHILLIPVELAYO/videos
My 6.5 Savage that I started out with didn't hold me back. It was as accurate as my custom. Not as smooth and polished but plenty accurate. With 2k rounds down the barrel it still shot cloverleafs at 100. 4-5 in groups at 1000 on a light wind day weren't unusual. Sold it to a friend at a low price for him to learn.

Truthfully it isn't the arrow it's the indian. Just look at the videos the Phillip Velayo has done using a Tikka. https://www.youtube.com/c/PHILLIPVELAYO/videos
My 6.5 Savage that I started out with didn't hold me back. It was as accurate as my custom. Not as smooth and polished but plenty accurate. With 2k rounds down the barrel it still shot cloverleafs at 100. 4-5 in groups at 1000 on a light wind day weren't unusual. Sold it to a friend at a low price for him to learn.
I agree in part with your statement. I would suck with a 30,000 gun, but in my opinion, I want to have the absolute best setup that I can afford. I say this because I would know that I definitely suck if I couldn't hit the side of the barn with an Accuracy International. For now, I guess I will just have to suck with a Daniel Defense.

First, you look like Yanni and Bob Ross had a retarded baby. Why do you hate Daniel Defense man? Is it because your wife or husband won't let you buy one?

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
TBF to those who don't know any better just by looking at guns the production class is now just basically custom guns all assembled by one company instead of a guy in their basement getting the parts

MPA and GAP production rifles are pretty well priced (looking at you $3000 Badrock lol) for an entry gun if you don't mind giving up some features or build options or don't know any better on how to build a full custom for $2-3k
Would you mind posting the results? I cannot find any class that is a stock off the shelf rifle.

You can build a far superior gun to a DD5Pro for the same money. You can buy better guns for less money.

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
I love my DD M4V1 dearly, but I would trade it for a KAC in a heartbeat if I had the chance ;-).

Fair warning - wing wipers are in the minority here compared to meat eaters of various stripes, they'll be more than happy to keep you entertained with "witty banter" for as long as you're willing to engage.

you're a bot. i've made up my mind. this makes absolutely no sense in response to what I said
I am a Daniel Defense Bot because Boston Dynamics couldn't build a robot that outshoots a DD. So, if a person calls a company like GAP and has them put together a rifle for them, and then charges them out the ass for doing it because the gun has 75 different parts from all of the best companies in order to compete with a stock DD, that makes it a "production rifle"? Maybe you are just scared of DD. Sound about right?

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
I love my DD M4V1 dearly, but I would trade it for a KAC in a heartbeat if I had the chance ;-).

Fair warning - wing wipers are in the minority here compared to meat eaters of various stripes, they'll be more than happy to keep you entertained with "witty banter" for as long as you're willing to engage.
I just base my purchases on past experience. So far, DD has given me the best overall experience.

I am a Daniel Defense Bot because Boston Dynamics couldn't build a robot that outshoots a DD. So, if a person calls a company like GAP and has them put together a rifle for them, and then charges them out the ass for doing it because the gun has 75 different parts from all of the best companies in order to compete with a stock DD, that makes it a "production rifle"? Maybe you are just scared of DD. Sound about right?

You really have to learn about what you speak as far as production in PRS.

Seem to have some strong opinions for not really knowing anything a page back….

At least he's not an OP who asks for advice, then gives all the answers... just very defensive. He didn't get my "references" joke with @spife7980 - by the way, three gold stars to whomever can name my reference. And another 3 gold stars for my gold stars reference.

That tends to happen when a group of pussies that do not know what a stock rifle is tries to pile up on someone. I think I know a lot now that I have dealt with some of the idiots on this forum.

At least he's not an OP who asks for advice, then gives all the answers... just very defensive. He didn't get my "references" joke with @spife7980 - by the way, three gold stars to whomever can name my reference. And another 3 gold stars for my gold stars reference.
I did not get it. That is true.

You really have to learn about what you speak as far as production in PRS.
I will in time. I wish you guys knew the difference between a stock rifle and a custom rifle. Maybe we can teach each other.

Production class has a budget limit of $2500 for the rifle. MPA, ARC, GAP etc. all make them and they'll shoot circles around a cold hammer forged anything.

Reactions: BurtG
I will in time. I wish you guys knew the difference between a stock rifle and a custom rifle. Maybe we can teach each other.

Has nothing to do with what we think but with the rules of the PRS. Go give them a read and learn.

That tends to happen when a group of pussies that do not know what a stock rifle is tries to pile up on someone. I think I know a lot now that I have dealt with some of the idiots on this forum.
But you are said pussy who does not know...

I even provided you a link to exactly what you would need to know in order for you to stop sounding ignorant on the subject but I doubt you even read the rules of the thing you are claiming to know about.

Maybe you should listen up instead of harping on about only the crap you know as if it superseded all of the crap which you clearly do not know.

What is the purpose of the video man? Is it because you think you look more like nacho libre or I am uneducated?
Its clear now, you are uneducated. At least in the ways of shooting and the internet.

Production class has a budget limit of $2500 for the rifle. MPA, ARC, GAP etc. all make them and they'll shoot circles around a cold hammer forged anything.
How can that be true when a guy in the production class has a Leupold scope that costs 2200$ according to optics planet? Does anyone on this forum understand the difference between a stock rifle and the custom rifles that the companies you listed do not sell?

How can that be true when a guy in the production class has a Leupold scope that costs 2200$ according to optics planet? Does anyone on this forum understand the difference between a stock rifle and the custom rifles that the companies you listed do not sell?
Because a scope isn’t a rifle.
GAP sells more custom rifles than production rifles. I don’t know what MAPs ratio is, and I bet ARC sells more production than custom.
Anymore questions?

I even provided you a link to exactly what you would need to know in order for you to stop sounding ignorant on the subject but I doubt you even read the rules of the thing you are claiming to know about.

Maybe you should listen up instead of harping on about only the crap you know as if it superseded all of the crap which you clearly do not know.

Its clear now, you are uneducated. At least in the ways of shooting and the internet.
Well, I do have a master's degree in psychology, but you do not have to be educated in shooting to tell the difference between a stock rifle vs a custom rifle. Are you saying that a GAP is a stock rifle?

You keep using the term, “stock rifle”. What does that actually mean to you? The rest of us are talking production class rifles in the PRS.

Because a scope isn’t a rifle.
GAP sells more custom rifles than production rifles. I don’t know what MAPs ratio is, and I bet ARC sells more production than custom.
Anymore questions?
I don't know. You seem a little confused. What is a stock rifle to you?

Well, I do have a master's degree in psychology, but you do not have to be educated in shooting to tell the difference between a stock rifle vs a custom rifle. Are you saying that a GAP is a stock rifle?

What makes a GAP PPR any less "stock" than said DD rifle?

I don't know. You seem a little confused. What is a stock rifle to you?
To me, a stock rifle is one unmodified after delivery from the manufacture. It can carry any price tag. Similar to how an unmodified Ferrari is a stock car.
This is a production class rifle.

I’m saying that GAPs PPR is exactly what I assume you are meaning by “stock” rifle.

“Pinnacle Production Rifle”

You wanted to see a “stock” rifle compete against tikkas and bergaras and your precious daniel defense. Well it does. The production class is exactly that.

I’m glad that you have a masters degree in a useless theory and that you retired after standing next to air planes but I just want to say that no one gives a shit.

Reactions: BurtG and Tokay444

I don't have time to listen on here amongst people who don't know the difference between a stock and a custom rifle. Do you have to put on a helmet before you go outside?

I don't have time to listen on here amongst people who don't know the difference between a stock and a custom rifle.

The problem is you don't get what a PRS Production rifle is. "Stock" rifle is a generic term that if you ask 10 people you will get 10 answers depending on their budget but PRS Production rifles have a set spec in the rules of the sport. It's that simple. Do you not understand that?

Stock=unmodified from its original form, but that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking production class rifles that come in at or under the $2500 cap. There can be massive differences on either end of the spectrum.

The problem is you don't get what a PRS Production rifle is. "Stock" rifle is a generic term that if you ask 10 people you will get 10 answers depending on their budget but PRS Production rifles have a set spec in the rules of the sport. It's that simple. Do you not understand that?
He doesn’t seem to, no. But psychology.

He doesn’t have time to listen on here to people who don’t know what his own narrow definition of, “stock” is. I doubt he’s got time to read anything.

Last edited:
To me, a stock rifle is one unmodified after delivery from the manufacture. It can carry any price tag. Similar to how an unmodified Ferrari is a stock car.
This is a production class rifle.
I will give you that all day long and here is why. My DD Delta 5 Pro has a 419 chassis, 419 muzzle break, and a Geissele Trigger. And it is the same price. All the Delta 5 has is a 419 mizzle break and a Timney Trigger. The reason that I have been raising hell is because GAP and some of the other companies don't make anything. If they do I don't see it.

2.3 Bolt Gun - Production Division
The PRS Production Division was created to encourage growth to our shooting
community from outside our ranks by allowing shooters the opportunity to compete in
PRS events without being disadvantaged due to custom equipment. In order to
accomplish this, we have set limits on the original cost of your rifle and the optic. All
other equipment that can be mounted to or added to your rifle that doesn’t significantly
increase accuracy will be considered accessories and will not be regulated. We want
shooters to be able to buy new equipment or pick up a new item off a prize table and be
able to use it without the fear of being disqualified from the Production Division.

2.3.1 Production Division rifles shall not exceed $3,000 USD as listed on the company’s
website. The optic shall not exceed $2,500 USD as listed on the company’s website.
• Discontinued rifle models that met the above published price limits, before being
discontinued, will be allowed continued use in the Production division.
• Rifle models purchased that met the above criteria at the time of purchase but
have undergone a subsequent price increase on the manufacturer’s website, will
be allowed continued use in the Production division. In this case, PRS
competitors must submit documentation of the date of purchase to the PRS.
2.3.2 Rifle: For the purpose of the Production Division, a rifle is defined as a publicly
available rifle per the original manufacturer’s configuration of a complete firearm which
will be comprised of at least but not limited to the following: stock with bottom metal or
chassis, a complete action, a barrel and a trigger mechanism.
2.3.3 In order to compete in the PRS Production Division the manufacturer of the
competitor’s rifle must meet the following requirements:
• The manufacturer must be a licensed manufacture of firearms and ammunition (a
Type 7 FFL).
• The manufacturer must produce 50 or more production rifles per year.
Discontinued models must have had a total production of 250 units.
• Manufacturers must produce 50 production rifles before being approved as a
PRS production rifle.
• The manufacturer must maintain a website on which the rifle and its
specifications are listed.
• All actions and barrels must have the name of the manufacturer conspicuously
engraved, cast, or stamped on the firearm within ATF regulations 27
CFR479.100.
The intent of the rule change is to better define the production division for both shooters
and manufacturers. Shooters that have been competing with Production rifles under the
old rules will be allowed to continue to compete in the Production Division. If the shooter
is unsure if their rifle meets the above requirements, they must email the PRS for written
approval.
2.3.4 Optics: For the purpose of the Production Division, an optic is defined as a
magnified optical system capable of safely engaging targets at various ranges through
the use of an internal reticle and or adjustable turrets.
2.3.5 Accessories: For the purpose of the Production Division, the following items are
considered accessories and will not be regulated or prohibited from being used on or in
conjunction with your production rifle: muzzle brakes, barrel tuners, silencers, barricade
stops/blocks, rifle weights, custom paint, rings, red dot sights, bags, pads, bipods, rails,
zoom levers, data card holders, bolt knobs, bubble level, grips, handguards, etc.

2.3.6 Ammunition: No Restrictions. Any and all types of factory ammunition or hand
loaded ammo is allowed.
2.3.7 Production Division Rifles will not exceed a caliber of .30 or a velocity of 3,200
fps. A match DQ will result any rounds over the speed limit of 3,200 fps (+/- 32 fps for
environmental factors and equipment discrepancies).
2.3.8 Match Officials may request at any point during a match that a competitor fire their
rifle through chronograph. If the bullet exceeds the 3,200 fps speed limit, the shooter will
receive an automatic match DQ.
2.3.9 Enforcement: The PRS WILL NOT maintain a list of authorized rifles or optics
due to the dynamics of the ever changing cycle of revised models, new products, and
upgrades being released by manufactures. Match Directors are responsible for
addressing and enforcing the Production Division regulation matters if and when they
arise on a case-by-case basis.
2.3.10 COF: Production Division shooters will shoot the same COF as Open Division.
2.3.11 Production Division Exceptions:
• If your production rifle came standard without a threaded barrel, you may have a
qualified gunsmith remove the barrel and thread it so you can run a brake or a
silencer, provided no additional work is done to the barrel or action to “Accurize
it”.
• If your barrel needs to be replaced, it must be sent back to the original
manufacture for a replacement barrel of equal value. Factory barrels are
authorized to be rebarreled/fitted by a gunsmith if no factory option to re-barrel
exists. However, only factory barrels are authorized replacements. Caliber
changes are authorized if the manufacture offers the caliber in the same
production gun.
• You may safely tune your original trigger but replacement triggers are not
allowed.
• You may glass bed rifles.

Reactions: Tokay444
2.3 Bolt Gun - Production Division
The PRS Production Division was created to encourage growth to our shooting
community from outside our ranks by allowing shooters the opportunity to compete in
PRS events without being disadvantaged due to custom equipment. In order to
accomplish this, we have set limits on the original cost of your rifle and the optic. All
other equipment that can be mounted to or added to your rifle that doesn’t significantly
increase accuracy will be considered accessories and will not be regulated. We want
shooters to be able to buy new equipment or pick up a new item off a prize table and be
able to use it without the fear of being disqualified from the Production Division.

2.3.1 Production Division rifles shall not exceed $3,000 USD as listed on the company’s
website. The optic shall not exceed $2,500 USD as listed on the company’s website.
• Discontinued rifle models that met the above published price limits, before being
discontinued, will be allowed continued use in the Production division.
• Rifle models purchased that met the above criteria at the time of purchase but
have undergone a subsequent price increase on the manufacturer’s website, will
be allowed continued use in the Production division. In this case, PRS
competitors must submit documentation of the date of purchase to the PRS.
2.3.2 Rifle: For the purpose of the Production Division, a rifle is defined as a publicly
available rifle per the original manufacturer’s configuration of a complete firearm which
will be comprised of at least but not limited to the following: stock with bottom metal or
chassis, a complete action, a barrel and a trigger mechanism.
2.3.3 In order to compete in the PRS Production Division the manufacturer of the
competitor’s rifle must meet the following requirements:
• The manufacturer must be a licensed manufacture of firearms and ammunition (a
Type 7 FFL).
• The manufacturer must produce 50 or more production rifles per year.
Discontinued models must have had a total production of 250 units.
• Manufacturers must produce 50 production rifles before being approved as a
PRS production rifle.
• The manufacturer must maintain a website on which the rifle and its
specifications are listed.
• All actions and barrels must have the name of the manufacturer conspicuously
engraved, cast, or stamped on the firearm within ATF regulations 27
CFR479.100.
The intent of the rule change is to better define the production division for both shooters
and manufacturers. Shooters that have been competing with Production rifles under the
old rules will be allowed to continue to compete in the Production Division. If the shooter
is unsure if their rifle meets the above requirements, they must email the PRS for written
approval.
2.3.4 Optics: For the purpose of the Production Division, an optic is defined as a
magnified optical system capable of safely engaging targets at various ranges through
the use of an internal reticle and or adjustable turrets.
2.3.5 Accessories: For the purpose of the Production Division, the following items are
considered accessories and will not be regulated or prohibited from being used on or in
conjunction with your production rifle: muzzle brakes, barrel tuners, silencers, barricade
stops/blocks, rifle weights, custom paint, rings, red dot sights, bags, pads, bipods, rails,
zoom levers, data card holders, bolt knobs, bubble level, grips, handguards, etc.

2.3.6 Ammunition: No Restrictions. Any and all types of factory ammunition or hand
loaded ammo is allowed.
2.3.7 Production Division Rifles will not exceed a caliber of .30 or a velocity of 3,200
fps. A match DQ will result any rounds over the speed limit of 3,200 fps (+/- 32 fps for
environmental factors and equipment discrepancies).
2.3.8 Match Officials may request at any point during a match that a competitor fire their
rifle through chronograph. If the bullet exceeds the 3,200 fps speed limit, the shooter will
receive an automatic match DQ.
2.3.9 Enforcement: The PRS WILL NOT maintain a list of authorized rifles or optics
due to the dynamics of the ever changing cycle of revised models, new products, and
upgrades being released by manufactures. Match Directors are responsible for
addressing and enforcing the Production Division regulation matters if and when they
arise on a case-by-case basis.
2.3.10 COF: Production Division shooters will shoot the same COF as Open Division.
2.3.11 Production Division Exceptions:
• If your production rifle came standard without a threaded barrel, you may have a
qualified gunsmith remove the barrel and thread it so you can run a brake or a
silencer, provided no additional work is done to the barrel or action to “Accurize
it”.
• If your barrel needs to be replaced, it must be sent back to the original
manufacture for a replacement barrel of equal value. Factory barrels are
authorized to be rebarreled/fitted by a gunsmith if no factory option to re-barrel
exists. However, only factory barrels are authorized replacements. Caliber
changes are authorized if the manufacture offers the caliber in the same
production gun.
• You may safely tune your original trigger but replacement triggers are not
allowed.
• You may glass bed rifles.

It ain't rocket science, and I know rocket science.

I will give you that all day long and here is why. My DD Delta 5 Pro has a 419 chassis, 419 muzzle break, and a Geissele Trigger. And it is the same price. All the Delta 5 has is a 419 mizzle break and a Timney Trigger. The reason that I have been raising hell is because GAP and some of the other companies don't make anything. If they do I don't see it.
Welp, you suck at internetting then.
You’re Delta also has a hammer forged barrel (sub par for precision) and a barrel extension.

Last edited:

Reactions: Lawless
Yes, I completely understand their rules. Do you really not understand what I am talking about? Did I ever question whether the category of shooters in that class is cheating? Please read this very slowly. I would like to see a class that ranks the manufacturers. So, if you looked at the results it would be the manufacturers listed by name. You would think that production would mean the company that manufactured the rifle with as many of its parts as possible. I simply believe that more people getting into shooting could look at a class to see where the manufacturers stand. Do you see what I am saying man?

Yes, I completely understand their rules. Do you really not understand what I am talking about? Did I ever question whether the category of shooters in that class is cheating? Please read this very slowly. I would like to see a class that ranks the manufacturers. So, if you looked at the results it would be the manufacturers listed by name. You would think that production would mean the company that manufactured the rifle with as many of its parts as possible. I simply believe that more people getting into shooting could look at a class to see where the manufacturers stand. Do you see what I am saying man?
That’s ridiculous.
Maybe Daniel Defence will come shoot the match for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.