• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sig 516

MarkAlan

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2010
Florida
Well I now have 3 range sessions with my Sig 516/Vortex 1-4 PST . It has run flawlessly though 900 rounds, mostly IMI 855 or Federal 855. I am now shooting both the Hornady Steel cased match 55grn and 75 and it is grouping at .75 MOA or better. I will probably sell my the Stag Model 3 I purchased the week before the Sig. I would have never thought it would be that superior to the Stag. I wish I could replace my DPMS LR-308 with the Sig 716. The fit and finish is first class and cleaning is a joke. Clean the barrel/chamber, wipe down the gas piston and done. I will take and post pictures after this weekend.

Re: Sig 516

Glad to hear you like it. I have strongly considered getting one. But, as a fan of bullpups, I think I like the balance of the SCAR better than the 516 with the quadrail. The standard 516 with the old style Gi forgrip balances better, but I don't like that kind of foregrip.

I could buy a 516 and a trijicon scope for the price of the SCAR. Still... Haven't made up my mind 100% yet. But, everything I have read about the 516 says that they are pretty reliable.

There is no doubt that SIG has done a great job with that platform. I would give my left one for one of those rifles, but the money is not there yet. Good luck with your new rifle and happy shooting.

My friend has a 516, so I have some experience with that platform. Great rifle! Fit and finish is excellent, and there is virtually no play between the upper and lower. Has been really reliable so far, with no malfunctions. Supposedly the 516 was designed by one of the lead engineers on the HK 416 team, so how can it not be a winner?

Glad you enjoy the rifle, looking forward to seeing the pics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: King of Battle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill stick to my SIG556DMR. </div></div>

The 516 is not quite as front heavy