• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SIG customer service?

Saito

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
1537 Paper St.
I bought a Sig so I wouldn't need to use customer service. Damn the bad luck, it wouldn't function. Totally unexpected; I know. Failure to feeds, stovepipes and sometimes it would catch a case lengthwise between the slide and barrel. It was a P226 X5 Tactical I picked up here on the hide about a year ago. I put 2500rds through it thinking it may just need broke in. The last 200 were probably the worst. The majority of the ammo it was fed was Winchester White Box but I also put some 147grn Gold Dots and 115grn XTPs. It was incredibly accurate & I loved the trigger and heft of the thing. Plus it was just damn sexy not to mention high $. I've also owned a P229 with a short trigger(wish I still had it).

Anyhow, I got pissed the last time I took it out and decided to let Sig know. I called and explained the situation. The guy I spoke to on the phone was incredibly helpful and I told him it looked like the ejector was too long(it stuck out over more than a third of the case). He emailed me a shipping label and I had a friend take it to UPS and drop it off while I was @ work. They received it on the 1st(March).

What I'm wondering is, how long will it take to get my pistol back from Exeter, NH?

Re: SIG customer service?

Not sure about the timing - I have seen 2-6 weeks depending on their backup at the time (in Feb. they were quoting 2-3 weeks). Make sure you check the SIG carefully when you receive it back: (1) make sure it is the same weapon (REALLY), (2) make sure they actually did something (REALLY), and (3) test fire the weapon extensively - at least 250 rds or so to insure it is repaired. Victoria Martin use to help you out and she was great at CS - but I understand she is now in another dept. From what I understand a person by the name of Scott Rudolph handles CS now ...

PS: I no longer purchase newer Exeter SIGs because of their lack of QC (look at the SIG Forum - there are a lot of returns ...) - for me German is the way to go presently - but that dept of SIG is going or has gone under the same person that manages Exeter, so customers may be doing SIG CS even for these soon .....I apologize for my negativity here - SIG was one of my carry weapons (220, 226) as a LEO and served me well. However, I could not in good conscience carry a newer Exeter at this point.

Dan's Ammo and Top Gun occasionally carry a small selection of German ones.

Thanks Doc! You're spot on there with the timing, it showed up yesterday afternoon. Enclosed in the package was the pistol I sent in along with the end tab of a box of Speer Lawman 115 grain that was fired through it after the extractor and recoil spring were replaced. There was a sheet from the armorer with his name & a diagnosis/parts replacement list.

Since getting it back I've cleaned & lube it thoroughly and plan to shoot at least 1k rds through it before I can trust it. When I thought I had it fixed I actually carried it briefly. Guess you can only stake so much on the reputation. I'm disappointed to hear about Sigs recent lack of QC. I've never been on the sig forum but one of my friends here talks about it often. He just picked up a German 226 and shot his first IPSC match with us. He did rather well for his first time!

Anyhow, I'm pleased with the CS thus far but the real test still remains. $200 for 1k rds is cheap piece of mind. After I test this pistol out I'll report back.

Thanks again Doc.

Nothing like a few thousand dollar gun that won't run. Is it harder to watch a gun you paid that much for choke than a cheap one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing like a few thousand dollar gun that won't run. Is it harder to watch a gun you paid that much for choke than a cheap one? </div></div>Man ain't that the truth. It happened to me on a Wilson Combat one time. Ouch! They never could fix it
crazy.gif

Well I'm satisfied with their CS and I've got 200rds down with zero malfuctions(intentionally misspelled). Glad to have it back now!

I had a 229 for about 8 years, when the slide rail split off.
I called SIG, got the return paper work.
I got back an all new gun about a month later.
Great service in my opinion.

It's great that some are getting some great service. That is the way it should be. Others though are not so fortunate - newest case at SIG Forum. Unfortunately, there has been a lot of this going on.

I have put somewhere around 2500-3k rounds through a p200carry, since Feb of 09, after the 500 break in period, it has ran flawless to date. Friend of mine just picked up a 226, and it has ran flawless after the break in period. Hope yours is fixed and runs well!

Make sure you call them S&J. My X-5 spend about a week in Exter and then they sent her back to me.

I thought I'd do a trigger job on my wife's new Mosquito. That didn't go so well. After disassembling it into every single piece, I managed to loose one and break another....yeah I fubared it up pretty good. Figuring that this one was on me I called them and was asked what my problem was. As I described the problem, the man on the phone stopped me and let me know that anything beyond a field stripping would void out the warranty. I knew that, and from what I told him, he knew damn well that I'd tore into that sumbitch. But he had me send it in anyway like it was a warranty thing. So I boxed it up like I was told and put it all back together as best I could. There was no way these guys were going to get this thing and not know I'd fucked with it pretty hard.

Long story short, 2 weeks turnaround, no charge, and the damn thing's trigger is friggin sweet now, almost like my p226's. Sig is Gudah-friggin-goh

Well my X-5 tactical is running like a champ. 400rds fired, no malfunctions. If work & chasing the trim didn't eat up so much time, I'd have the 1k that I wanted through it already. The trim has agreed to help me out with the task as she rather enjoys shooting.

Great to hear! My X-5 went back for a broken saftey. Gun still ran though. I had it back within a week.

wow now I'm really rethinking getting a 226 when i turn 21. Hearing some of these bad reports about sigs these days. Maybe I should just get a 1911 or a glock.
frown.gif

Last year, it took Sig about 3 weeks for turnover. I went to the store that I purchased it at, and they paid shipping. Sig did the repair for free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow now I'm really rethinking getting a 226 when i turn 21. Hearing some of these bad reports about sigs these days. Maybe I should just get a 1911 or a glock.
frown.gif
</div></div>

If I were you, I'd consider getting a German p226. They can usually be had pretty cheap if you look around. I've got over 1000 rounds through mine so far and hadn't had one malfunction to speak of. These things just RUN!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow now I'm really rethinking getting a 226 when i turn 21. Hearing some of these bad reports about sigs these days. Maybe I should just get a 1911 or a glock.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Get an older used one. I have a p220 that was made in "west Germany" and never a problem. You can get some police turn ins. They are really great guns.