• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

got them yesterday. So far really impressed. I’ll have them at the AI match at Altus this weekend if anyone is there and wants to see them.

Attachments

• 401064E5-867D-4D07-A2D3-1BF466907703.jpeg
    401064E5-867D-4D07-A2D3-1BF466907703.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 88C678D2-CA3E-4370-B084-B6BE0437EC55.jpeg
    88C678D2-CA3E-4370-B084-B6BE0437EC55.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 191
  • BBFC44D1-52A9-4F80-9563-4698C8DF3059.jpeg
    BBFC44D1-52A9-4F80-9563-4698C8DF3059.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 0C15842D-540B-462F-9F25-468242D9ACC8.jpeg
    0C15842D-540B-462F-9F25-468242D9ACC8.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 174
got them yesterday. So far really impressed. I’ll have them at the AI match at Altus this weekend if anyone is there and wants to see them.
Nice!! Glad to see them rolling out. When did you order yours?

I got to play with them this past weekend at the nrl hunter match. They’re nice, but between the 2 units they had one had a much bluer tint to it.

I looked through a set this weekend. The ranging and data output was super fast. The owner had/has a set of fury's and commented that the 10k was much faster than the fury's. It was interesting seeing the thinner ranging reticle/circle than the 3k. The owner also used to have a set of 3k's as well as I currently do. The 10k has a very noticeable blue tint that my 3k's don't. I was somewhat bummed to see how noticeable the blue tint is.

Reactions: kriller134
I was at a match in norther Colorado this past weekend and someone had a pair of 10k’s they received that week. He said he ordered them only a few weeks ago direct from sig.

The ranging and days was almost instant and had no issues hitting any of the targets I tried with it out to 1475.

The glass was verrrryyyyy blue. Pretty disappointed with that. Considering getting a refund since the whole point of my purchase was to combine my binos and range finder but I don’t think I will like looking through that blue glass

So much for filling back orders if Sig is just selling them to anybody who purchases directly from them

Sig direct is 2382.99 according to their site. They are listed at 1999.00 on Liberty Optics site. Don't know if there is a special hide price on top of that. But a 400 dollar diff is not insignificant.

I think I can live with a bit of blue if it means carrying less stuff, but I guess we'll see in person soon how bad it is.

• Haha
Reactions: RS14
They definitely remind me of the first gen of bushnell fusion binos on the level of blue tint. Not a deal breaker for me.

I placed my order through EuroOptics back in October. After I heard some were being released I called to check, Euro still has no idea on an ETA and has had no updates from Sig.

Reactions: ormandj
There’s some on eBay from dealers so I presume they’re shipping albeit in small quantities.

I have it on preorder / watch-listed at RSR so hopefully they get more out there ASAP, as I sold my Delta LRF binos a little prematurely.

We need pictures people!

I am referring to looking through the glass pictures. How are the menus to use / how well do they convey / display the info? I wonder if @Glassaholic has these on his radar for a thorough review (he always does a nice job)?

I saw a Weatherflow in one of the pictures - is that included? Does that mean you dont need a Ketrel if using these?

I'm in the market for range finding binos and the tech on these interest me.

We need pictures people!

I am referring to looking through the glass pictures. How are the menus to use / how well do they convey / display the info? I wonder if @Glassaholic has these on his radar for a thorough review (he always does a nice job)?

I saw a Weatherflow in one of the pictures - is that included? Does that mean you dont need a Ketrel if using these?

I'm in the market for range finding binos and the tech on these interest me.
It’s stated on Sig’s website it comes with the Weatherflow. No, you don’t need a Kestrel unless you want one. Just keep in mind with all embedded atmospheric sensors, there will be lag on temperature/etc if the binoculars are not directly exposed to the environment continuously. If you keep them in a pouch on your vest while hunting in the cold and pull them out and immediately range, the solution may be calculated based on near-body-temperature vs. environmental temperature, etc.

Reactions: Glassaholic
It’s stated on Sig’s website it comes with the Weatherflow. No, you don’t need a Kestrel unless you want one. Just keep in mind with all embedded atmospheric sensors, there will be lag on temperature/etc if the binoculars are not directly exposed to the environment continuously. If you keep them in a pouch on your vest while hunting in the cold and pull them out and immediately range, the solution may be calculated based on near-body-temperature vs. environmental temperature, etc.

Interesting. I have my eye on these and the Leica Pros.

My understanding is that the Leica's are also geared up to work with the Weatherflow and a dedicated Kestrel is not required, but then I read some reviews from folks who had the Weatherflow (referring to using it with other systems which are already on the market) and weren't happy so moved to a Kestrel which they felt was better.

The WeatherFlow will take all atmospheric readings and can be kept on a lanyard exposed at all times. It's small and light. Will also work with Strelok Pro.

Reactions: Beardsli
The WeatherFlow will take all atmospheric readings and can be kept on a lanyard exposed at all times. It's small and light. Will also work with Strelok Pro.

Do you have Weatherflow?

I use Strelok Pro so it would be a good fit for me I think. Trying to decide which way to go (dont want to buy the Weatherflow and then find its not ticking all the boxes so I need to get a Kestrel too).

We need pictures people!

Radar, maybe long range radar but nothing immediate. I am overwhelmed with three different scope reviews right now.

What I like most about Sig 10k is the refined display, I am extremely annoyed by not having enough information after pressing the range button and then having to scroll through additional screens to get more information or worse, it automatically scrolls for you, this is where connectivity to the Kestrel helps because the kestrel will display the last range solution indefinitely.

The weatherflow is an interesting device, had one a while back but grabbed a Kestrel before I could really give it justice. If I remember correct it has a 1.5mm audio jack connector on the bottom, always wanted to see a connector on a set of binos to plug it into the top without needing to use BT. I suppose we can get someone to manufacture a tripod adaptor that includes a socket for this, or I can get a drill bit and do it myself 😉

Do you have Weatherflow?

I use Strelok Pro so it would be a good fit for me I think. Trying to decide which way to go (dont want to buy the Weatherflow and then find its not ticking all the boxes so I need to get a Kestrel too).
Yes. And it works within Strelok Pro. I've had a Kestrel in the shopping basket more than a handful of times and I just can't bring myself to spend that much money when Strelok Pro does so much sans a built in weather station. The WeatherFlow fills that void extremely well.

What you don't have is a seamless unit that does all of it together. The combo can feel a bit clunky as you have to turn on the WeatherFlow and connect it to your phone/Strelok Pro. The Kestrel you just turn on and use. And in my actual experience, your phone can get really hot on hot days and dim the display enough for it to be burdensome. But in my experience, the exact weather conditions are just not needed for each and every stage. Especially center fire. A weather reading in the morning, one mid morning, one just after lunch, etc. Even that's probably more than needed. And to be frank, you just need to be able to read wind without a meter. The wind meter is just a tool to help you learn how to read wind speeds. Your meter doesn't read the wind over the canyon you're shooting over or next to the mountain base where your final target sits in a draw, etc. Most of my shooting partners run a Kestrel and they compare. IF money wasn't part of the equation, I'd have one now.

All great tools. All work great. You and your wallet need to decide which one fits your needs. But for $8 for Strelok Pro and a WeatherFlow wind meter for $80 is hard to beat.

But now that these new binos are available, I'll have to wait and see how the ballistics calculator works out. If you can just break out the binos, point and click and all that info is in the display while simultaneously sent to the display on your phone, they may be worth getting.*

*I currently run the 3000s and I'm very happy.

Did they re-add the compass sensor to the included WeatherFlow?

So after running the 10ks all weekend at the match this is what I found.

The blue tint on the lens is very blue and dark. During Friday and Saturday it was overcast and it really showed. However the laser was very impressive. The display was the best I’ve seen in binos. And the ballistic data was always spot on to my kestrel and hard data.

On Sunday the sun came out. And I forgot the blue was even there.

Tons of people looked through them during the match and I believe everyone was quite impressed overall. Even with the blue glass it is very clear and nice.

I did not get the opportunity to compare them side by side with the 3ks

Reactions: Tritiumdials

The blue tint on the lens is very blue and dark. During Friday and Saturday it was overcast and it really showed. However the laser was very impressive. The display was the best I’ve seen in binos. And the ballistic data was always spot on to my kestrel and hard data.

Tons of people looked through them during the match and I believe everyone was quite impressed overall. Even with the blue glass it is very clear and nice.

Did you have any issues spotting impacts or misses?

Thanks @RS14 for letting take a peak at them.

As he and other said, they very noticeably blue. The glass was equal to the 3k other then that. The laser and calculation was stupid fast. IMO, the display was too busy. I hope you can turn some of it off. I’m sure someone will chime in on that.

Thanks @RS14 for letting take a peak at them.

As he and other said, they very noticeably blue. The glass was equal to the 3k other then that. The laser and calculation was stupid fast. IMO, the display was too busy. I hope you can turn some of it off. I’m sure someone will chime in on that.
You can turn many things on or off. They even have different reticle and laser aim point options.

Reactions: drwood96
You can turn many things on or off. They even have different reticle and laser aim point options.
Then if you can live with or they correct the overly blue tent, then the 10k are winners. It’s manageable for match duty but a huge no go for hunters.