• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

Here is a picture of the right lens without the display. Might see the blue in the upper part of the picture where the distant trees are. Lower is good to my eyes. Second picture was hard to keep the phone steady, but with a crooked display. I do see the blue area in the second photo. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Next time I'll bring my tripod for the binos and can better hold the phone. Would like a PhoneSkope for it but I know the phone is very new.
I've never really noticed the blue tint in my 3000 but the pictures sure bring it out dang

Reactions: AK74U
I see a little
You're referring to the right optic lens where the display is correct? Or both lenses?
I guess I never thought to close each eye to isolate the difference in view, I just look through them and use them. The blue specifically never has bothered me but I have wished for better glass for sure. I’m upgrading to the Leica PRO’s for that reason.

As has been said a dozen times; I REALLY wish SIG would put primo glass in the 10k’s. Seems like they nailed most everything else.

Reactions: Stoweit
Took some ranges this morning by Hartsfield Jackson Airport this morning before heading in to work. Been having issues ranging trees with the Kilo 3K's. Was on Last instead of Best (something I probably switched to, but didn't switch back to best). Ranged a tower an a Concourse gate at 62°F at 5:45AM. The Concourse gate is the first picture, tower second.

Attachments

• 20220505_054339.jpg
    20220505_054339.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220505_054547.jpg
    20220505_054547.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 115
Some more use updates:

Did some backpacking the past week and brought the 10ks with me in my Marsupial chest pack. Was able to range a large antenna from several mountain tops away at 4024 yards using BEST Mode, cross reticle. Single fire, handheld and it popped right up. Pretty impressed. Unfortunately, don't have enough elevation to send it... 🤪🤪

The blue is very noticeable to me in both cloudy and bright light conditions among huge fir and cedar trees.

So far, so good. They will likely still live next to my Swaro SLC during matches to pick up the finer details.

Last edited:
Took some ranges this morning by Hartsfield Jackson Airport this morning before heading in to work. Been having issues ranging trees with the Kilo 3K's. Was on Last instead of Best (something I probably switched to, but didn't switch back to best). Ranged a tower an a Concourse gate at 62°F at 5:45AM. The Concourse gate is the first picture, tower second.
Probably not the best idea to fire a LRF by a major airport. Especially at NIGHT. It's illegal. Just FYI.

Isn't that just those visible laser pointers?

There are so many potential interference modes/implications it’s not worth risking. There are plenty of static targets that aren’t airports to range.

Got mine today. Can confirm that the DOF doesn’t transfer to the kestrel, hopefully this can be addressed. Either way the software is miles beyond the fury 5000AB.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Mine arrived today, thanks Liberty optics!

Sunny nice day today and while I did notice the blue tint, it’s not nearly as bad as I remember the one I checked out at the match a month or so ago. Could be because it was overcast then and sunny now?

Ranging is lightning fast. Didn’t tripod mount but leaning on the house I was ranting trees over 3k and hit a big metal radio tower at low to mid 4k. Cows were easy around 900 which was the furthest I could find. Ranging so far is every thing I could dream of.

Glass seemed to be able to resolve details well enough, not as nice as my Nikon HG’s but I will do some more testing and see if it will annoy me. I don’t think these will handy cap me due to glass quality like I initially feared.

Mine updated when I synced with the app. I don’t have any weird reticle issues, my compass displays in the upper left after the update, haven’t tested the temp, DA, humidity against my kestrel but will this weekend.

So far I’m impressed, especially for the money.

Blurry cell phone pic but not blurry in real life.

Attachments

• A08BFDFD-ABD4-49E8-A71C-EFA1DC3BE702.jpeg
    A08BFDFD-ABD4-49E8-A71C-EFA1DC3BE702.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 101
I'm still confused about the compass bearing in the left corner. A friend has his and I don't. Same firmware, same settings.

I'm still confused about the compass bearing in the left corner. A friend has his and I don't. Same firmware, same settings.
I’m not sure. When I pulled mine out of the box it didn’t have it. After I synced with the app and downloaded the update it did. I didn’t mess with settings before or after the update.

It’s a very cool feature though!

So just opened mine and the blue tint is literally atrocious in both barrels. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s probably on the extreme of bad examples so Sig’s QC sucks balls. It’s so bad I thought there was one of those blue protective stickers on the lenses. Needless to say there’s not. Reached out to sig through the warranty department. We’ll see what they do/say.
For reference, I’ve had 2 pairs of 3k’s and 1 fury AB and the blue tint wasn’t nearly this bad and shouldn’t be present in the left barrel at all.

So just opened mine and the blue tint is literally atrocious in both barrels. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s probably on the extreme of bad examples so Sig’s QC sucks balls. It’s so bad I thought there was one of those blue protective stickers on the lenses. Needless to say there’s not. Reached out to sig through the warranty department. We’ll see what they do/say.
For reference, I’ve had 2 pairs of 3k’s and 1 fury AB and the blue tint wasn’t nearly this bad and shouldn’t be present in the left barrel at all.
They use the blue only in the laser barrel! THIS MEANS YOU'VE GOT TWO LASERS BRO! DOUBLE THE RANGING! SELL ON EBAY! U R GONNA BE RICH!

Seriously, that sucks.

Used brass now sig binos? Did you lose your job or something?

I've had them about 2 months now and I still love mine, guess I'm just wierd lol. 3k yards and in is splitting seconds with instant dope, idk what you guys are shooting past that but you'd probably need to buy some more horsepower if you need a better all in one solution and spend more then $2k😶

Reactions: Oldloser
Used brass now sig binos? Did you lose your job or something?
Lol I’ve still got my liecas don’t worry. But part of doing YouTube vids is testing new stuff. The laser is definitely impressive tho. And the dope lined up great, so the AB integration is well done. I didn’t have any compass issues or anything else weird going on with mine besides the horrible blue glass. For NRLH this is gonna be a great solution provided they do something about the lenses.

ETA: the brass shot just fine today so I’ll take the 433 pieces for 50% off lol

I've had them about 2 months now and I still love mine, guess I'm just wierd lol. 3k yards and in is splitting seconds with instant dope, idk what you guys are shooting past that but you'd probably need to buy some more horsepower if you need a better all in one solution and spend more then $2k😶
So nobody can come on here and say they preferred it had less blue tint because it is perfect for you or what? Nobody has said the laser and data isn't impressive. Nobody has expressed a need to shoot beyond 3k or 2k or 1k for that matter. Everyone is different and will see things differently. It doesn't hurt to know that either there might be sample variation from sig or that some might see the tint stronger than others. The tint probably doesn't hurt anything but if it as noticeable as covertnoob describes, which it was for the sample I compared to my 3k's, then it doesn't hurt to point that out. I haven't seen anyone on here point that out and bash them or try to hurt sales for sig. But maybe info and reviews on the product will help make a better product down the road?

So nobody can come on here and say they preferred it had less blue tint because it is perfect for you or what? Nobody has said the laser and data isn't impressive. Nobody has expressed a need to shoot beyond 3k or 2k or 1k for that matter. Everyone is different and will see things differently. It doesn't hurt to know that either there might be sample variation from sig or that some might see the tint stronger than others. The tint probably doesn't hurt anything but if it as noticeable as covertnoob describes, which it was for the sample I compared to my 3k's, then it doesn't hurt to point that out. I haven't seen anyone on here point that out and bash them or try to hurt sales for sig. But maybe info and reviews on the product will help make a better product down the road?
"That God awful tint" "terrible blue tint ruins everything". Well nobody is forcing you to not go buy leicas? I also don't see why you got so defensive like I singled you out personally? I don't even know who you are, or what bush you happened to crawl out of that I apparently burned down lol.
Everytime I glance this thread every week or two it's usually a consensus of people bitching about blue tint, it's just amusing. Lighten up Francis

Reactions: Oldloser
"That God awful tint" "terrible blue tint ruins everything". Well nobody is forcing you to not go buy leicas? I also don't see why you got so defensive like I singled you out personally? I don't even know who you are, or what bush you happened to crawl out of that I apparently burned down lol.
Everytime I glance this thread every week or two it's usually a consensus of people bitching about blue tint, it's just amusing. Lighten up Francis
What I will say is in my example it’s definitely a manufacturing issues. Both sides are blue. Which it should not be. The blue should only be on the right side for the display. But I have blue on both sides.

What I will say is in my example it’s definitely a manufacturing issues. Both sides are blue. Which it should not be. The blue should only be on the right side for the display. But I have blue on both sides.
For comparison I also have blue in both sides, are you sure it's not intentional?

The blue in a RF bino is for the display. There’s no chance it’s intentional. On the 2 3k’s and AB fury I had you could close one eye and look through each side and they looked drastically different. Blue in both sides is not how RF binos are supposed to be designed.

My pair is blue in both barrels as well fyi. Playing today. The blue is pretty noticeable during lower light conditions. During bright Sun I don’t hardly notice it.

I was easily able to go side by side across a telephone pole at 1450 yards and it picked it up against the hill behind it. Ranged cows in the mid 2ks with relative ease.

I checked the laser to reticle alignment and mine was off to the left and up from
Center of the reticle. I was able to center it using the app but it was maxed out.

Match tomorrow so excited to see how it does spotting impacts and ranging steel.

Mine are blue on both sides as well. I spent last minutes of light this evening checking 10k/ Lecia Pro8’s and Swaro RF TA’s just to see if the 10k’s
would be ok at dusk.
For my eyes at 110yds looking back into woods at a bleached out wooden rack they (10k)cost you about 6 minutes versus the 8x32 Lecia pro and the Swaro’s got you another 4-5 minutes over the Pro’s of being able to see the rack.

The blue in a RF bino is for the display. There’s no chance it’s intentional. On the 2 3k’s and AB fury I had you could close one eye and look through each side and they looked drastically different. Blue in both sides is not how RF binos are supposed to be designed.

Mine is also blue on both sides....I could have sworn I saw something from somewhere that sig did that both for the display but also to help brown tones pop more against vegetation to help spot animals easier in low light but I can't find it now so I may have been having a 3am tired dad of twins moment consoling them back to sleep while being half awake cruising the internet 🤣

Mine is also blue on both sides....I could have sworn I saw something from somewhere that sig did that both for the display but also to help brown tones pop more against vegetation to help spot animals easier in low light but I can't find it now so I may have been having a 3am tired dad of twins moment consoling them back to sleep while being half awake cruising the internet 🤣
Lol I mean that would be the first time I’ve ever seen that. There’s no reason to put blue in both sides. Especially if the display is only on the right side. And the browns definitely don’t pop more with blue lol I had them next to my liecas at the range today for a few hours going back and forth and it’s pretty crazy how blue they are. A lot of the vegetation had unrealistic colors.

Lol I mean that would be the first time I’ve ever seen that. There’s no reason to put blue in both sides. Especially if the display is only on the right side. And the browns definitely don’t pop more with blue lol I had them next to my liecas at the range today for a few hours going back and forth and it’s pretty crazy how blue they are. A lot of the vegetation had unrealistic colors.

They are definitely blue for sure. It's too bad sig missed that part of the design but I will def still be using them tho... The 10k blows my leica 2800 out of the water.

For this price point, the speed of that laser and it's consistency out to 2500 is unmatched imo.

Reactions: SD Carpenter
They are definitely blue for sure. It's too bad sig missed that part of the design but I will def still be using them tho... The 10k blows my leica 2800 out of the water.

For this price point, the speed of that laser and it's consistency out to 2500 is unmatched imo.
Yea no doubt. The laser and delivery of solutions blow my Leica out the water. My primary concern with the blue tint is gonna be finding targets in shadows under trees and things like that for NRLH. Last year in Utah a lot of the targets were placed in locations like that. And being they aren’t painted, speaking with the top shooters, you really needed tier 1 glass to find them for the most part.
Also at the NRLH finale last year, we had some smoke from a far off fire drop right on the shooting location so targets were damn near impossible to see even with my ZCO and Leica. One stage I found a T-Post and just shot the top of it cause I couldn’t see the plate until I hit it and it moved. So I won’t be moving away from tier 1 glass just yet until I can be certain these won’t hinder in those situations.

Yea no doubt. The laser and delivery of solutions blow my Leica out the water. My primary concern with the blue tint is gonna be finding targets in shadows under trees and things like that for NRLH. Last year in Utah a lot of the targets were placed in locations like that. And being they aren’t painted, speaking with the top shooters, you really needed tier 1 glass to find them for the most part.
Also at the NRLH finale last year, we had some smoke from a far off fire drop right on the shooting location so targets were damn near impossible to see even with my ZCO and Leica. One stage I found a T-Post and just shot the top of it cause I couldn’t see the plate until I hit it and it moved. So I won’t be moving away from tier 1 glass just yet until I can be certain these won’t hinder in those situations.

Lol that's good to know as I'm shooting the Utah June nlr match in price this year... Might need to rethink the binos before then

Lol that's good to know as I'm shooting the Utah June nlr match in price this year... Might need to rethink the binos before then
I might shoot that one as well. So we’ll see what I end up taking by then. Hopefully they don’t do that again this year tho. The super fast laser is really tempting tho.

This would be a more appropriate way to have commented, since you do YouTube video reviews. When you keep telling people that you or they have a sample error or QC issue like it’s factual and something you’re sure of if then discredits you later if/when you’re incorrect. Just my $0.02. 🍻

Reactions: SD Carpenter
Yesterday I attended the Sig Freedom Days event in Phoenix. At the bolt gun area the staff is using a 10k to range steel targets. Sig doesn’t have a formal station to test them but just ask a staff member.

My review after a couple minutes of use:

I was under a shade canopy glassing into terrain light by typical bright Phoenix sunshine and was shocked at how blue it was. It was significantly bluer than I anticipated.

Blue tint was in both tubes.

Ranging is fast and consistent.

Reticle and data was very crisp; easy to read.

Image quality was acceptable for competitions. For hunting I’d want higher quality glass.

My take away is to hold off for now and try out the new Leica’s once released.

This is exactly what I plan on doing. Sig for comps, Leica Pro for hunting..

Reactions: cbn
Got mine today. The range and azimuth off it is very very good. I was able to range a building 2 miles away on a hot hazy windy day facing into the afternoon sun. I can make out leaves on oak trees at 600 yards facing into the sun. I’ll head out to the country before sunrise and see how it does in early light then take it to the range and then test the maps. The focus works well and the blue tint does not bother me. This thing is a game changer for anyone working out of a hide, stalking, or working with a team. It’s going to radically speed up my shot process.

Shot a match today and used the kilo 10ks. They ranged everything with relative ease. The blue was very noticeable today, everyone that looked through them commented on that. There was another guy with a set up 10ks and his were just the same as mine as far as blue tint.

The ballistics didn’t match my STRELOK PRO but I didn’t true data or anything with the 10ks yet.

Glass quality was good enough, I didn’t have any issues spotting impacts or misses. Going back and forth with my friends razor 12x binos there was a noticeable clarity and resolution difference.

At this point im happy with them. With the glass wasn’t blue but whatever. I think these will be great for unknown distance matches

I think you concern about finding targets in the shadows is well founded.

When glassing the rocky hilltop beyond the square range at Sig Freedom Days the rocks and shadows casted by the rocks lacked contrast.

Sold my 10K’s yesterday. Plan for now is keep the Swaro’s and Lecia Pro’s and at some point make a decision between those two.
Maybe down the road Sig will do a Gen2

Sold my 10K’s yesterday. Plan for now is keep the Swaro’s and Lecia Pro’s and at some point make a decision between those two.
Maybe down the road Sig will do a Gen2
How are the Leica Pros compared to the k10ks at ranging out to ~3000?

I received my 10K's a few weeks ago after being backordered from EuroOptic in November. I also ordered a Sierra BDX 6.5 x 20 scope and really like the MOA info transferred to the scope. At the beginning, I used the range finder in "Best" but found that it hard hard to range trees past 2000 or so. Then I tried the "Extended Range" target mode which takes a bit more time to gather data but is able to reach much farther. With it I've ranged large objects out to 4800+ yards. I'm sure its burning the battery up faster and is over kill for hunting but seeing the long distance and the MOAs up to get there is fun!

I also just upgraded the 10K firmware to 13.085 and love that they've included compass into into the main view. My only issue at the moment is that I'm still figuring out the supplied wind meter and how to get everything all working. It is an amazing piece of hardware.

I received my 10K's a few weeks ago after being backordered from EuroOptic in November. I also ordered a Sierra BDX 6.5 x 20 scope and really like the MOA info transferred to the scope. At the beginning, I used the range finder in "Best" but found that it hard hard to range trees past 2000 or so. Then I tried the "Extended Range" target mode which takes a bit more time to gather data but is able to reach much farther. With it I've ranged large objects out to 4800+ yards. I'm sure its burning the battery up faster and is over kill for hunting but seeing the long distance and the MOAs up to get there is fun!

I also just upgraded the 10K firmware to 13.085 and love that they've included compass into into the main view. My only issue at the moment is that I'm still figuring out the supplied wind meter and how to get everything all working. It is an amazing piece of hardware.
This may help. The binos seem to need to be less than 6 ft for the meter to connect. In the limited time I mess with it.

I don't receive my Sigs until tomorrow. But, I can say the Fury HD picks up trees a little easier beyond 2K. The Sigs laser will be better than the Leica without a doubt. It's got AB's second generation laser and engine. The Leica is their proprietary one.