• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig P245 vs P220 SAS For CCW

Blue Streak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
KY via Oklahoma
Hey All,

Just looking for opinions,..I know this is a lot of personal preference but I wanted to get some thoughts anyway.

I currently have a P245 that I really like and it shoots good. The only gripe I have is that its grip is obviously the short compact type and its always been somewhat uncomfortable for me.

I just located a gen 2 P220 SAS which is essentially my P245 with a full P220 grip.

I carry my 245 a lot and it carries really good. Does anybody have any experience with the P220 SAS?

Thanks for your comments.

I have a P220 SAS compact that I like. It shoots good and feels good in the hand. But, it is thicker and has 1 less round capacity than my 1911 compact.

The P220 compact will accept the full size P220 mags as well.

Hope this helps.

I have had both, after lots of shooting, I still like the 245, and have been looking for another. I had( house fiire Jan 4th) a 220 compact full grip but short slide, It was great to shoot but I always had the extra grip printing or hitting my body.. I am short and fat though...
I did try the fullsize 220 mags in the 245 with a grip adapter , worked well at the range and then I still had the shorter grip for CCW

Yep,..the 220 compact and my 245 are essentially to same gun with exception of the beavertail.

What I am looking at is the 220 SAS with has the upper receiver of a 245 / 220 compact and a lower receiver of a 220.

MHL29,..yeah I could see the extra grip printing / digging into your side.

I by no means skinny,..about 6'1 and 250#. I typically carry my 245 or a G23. The G23 is really close to the same overall profile as the 245 but you can get your entire hand around the G23. The deal is that the 245, besides being pretty short gripped has the large trigger guard that also reduces your grip surface.

Sig basically has 3 sizes of 220; full, carry and compact. The full sized guns have a 4.4" barrel and full sized grip. The carry versions have a 3.9" barrel and full sized grips while the compact have a 3.9" barrel and a shorter grip. The Gen 2 SAS is available in the "carry" and "compact" version. This means that, while both guns will have the same barrel length, the compact is going to be the same size as your 245 while the carry will have the full sized grip. If your 245 feels uncomfortable to you then the P220 Carry Gen 2 SAS might be the gun you're looking for.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine