• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig SRD762 QD stuck alternate tool removal

mikeinfwa

Que Chimba
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2002
Jacksonville FL
I recently fired 90 rounds through my new unfired Sig SRD762 QD and experienced the 'stuck suppressor'.

Sig is aware of this problem and offers for sale a QD removal tool. (unfortunately not included with suppressor)

Anyway, I uploaded a short video clip showing how I was able to remove a stuck suppressor using a 7/64 hex ball end tool inserted under the QD suppressor release latch. Allowing me to used both hands to apply enough torque to break the carbon fouling?

QD Alternate Tool video

Mike

When they first came out and we'd get em stuck at the shop I'd just use a 1'' box wrench. It fits over the flats and fits on the notch on the release tab holding it down. Then just spin it off.

Nice video, thanks for showing another option.

Thanks Mike, I didn't know Sig made this tool. Very nice , good video too. Just bought the tool. I run these cans on gas guns and they can get sticky plowing through a few 20 round 6.5 mags.

PB

Don’t forget to use a little hi temp anti seize grease on the threads. Since I started using it,I have not had that problem.