• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Whiskey 4 4-16 FFP Feedback??

Millron

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2014
West Virginia
Any feedback or review of these? https://www.sigsauer.com/whiskey4-4-16x44-mm-exposed-zero-stop.html

Perusing sigs site and ran across these. Reviews on the interwebs appears to be non existent. Considering the price I'm assuming chinese made, hoping for Phillipines? The Tango 4 line was Phillipines, but I think their newer "budget" lines are chinese. This checks a lot of the boxes for an inexpensive FFP rimfire scope for mid range stuff, FFP, illuminated, zero stop, clean simple reticle..........wondering how it compares with something like the ARKEN EPL4. Appears to be MOA only right now but I'd assume they will release in MILs?

well, no feedback because these are so new. I went ahead and purchased one.

.........Broke right out of the box, side focus does not work so back it goes for warranty. Lesson learned again, you get what you pay for. Its a shame because the overall package is quite nice, but obviously QC is pretty much non existent.

Reactions: Scopeye
well, no feedback because these are so new. I went ahead and purchased one.

.........Broke right out of the box, side focus does not work so back it goes for warranty. Lesson learned again, you get what you pay for. Its a shame because the overall package is quite nice, but obviously QC is pretty much non existent.
That's too bad. Though I am not a fan of SIG due to their iffy warranty, I bought a cheap Whiskey 3 with BDC reticle I found on sale at the old price close to $100 and had to buy one and it's like my old good quality cheap Nikon's made in the Philippines and better than the low end Philippines Burris and Crimson trace. Believe it or not it's as clear as my $300 Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x40 and has far superior turrets. I'd buy more of them if weren't for their iffy warranty and for only $100 if it breaks just toss it into the trash if they won't honor their warranty and it was cheap enough. Too bad the cheaper line of Burris scopes weren't this clear. Perfect hunting scope seems really parallax free even at very close distances such as 10-15 yards I'm really impressed by this thing.

I guess ill see if it gets repaired. Called their customer support line, within five min of the call i had a pre paid fed ex label to send it back, so at least their is that

My experience with Sig was that their CS is excellent, but I've had to use it a few times. Had a few Tango 4s that needed some work (old 3-12x model). Sig made it right both times. I've had issues with nearly every scope manufacturer I've purchased from in the past. Sig and Vortex were the two easiest to deal with by a long shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scopeye
I guess ill see if it gets repaired. Called their customer support line, within five min of the call i had a pre paid fed ex label to send it back, so at least their is that
That is excellent news.

Big Fail......... Sig returned the scope and said nothing was wrong with it, "in spec" was the notes included with it....... Apparently "in spec" means the side focus knob turns, but doesn't actually adjust parallex. its just an ornament. What a crock of shit lol

I recently bought the 5-20 version for NRL22 use. Seemed perfect for an entry level guy like me. MOA, FFP, and affordable. Experience with It? Not great. My side focus also didn’t work. Got a RA from Sig quickly.

Well, before sending it back, I noticed it works if the scope isn’t mounted. As soon as I put rings on it, and if the front ring is within 1.0-1.25 inches of the turret, the knob spins but doesn’t do anything. It gets harder to turn at the extreme too. this was with Sig rings set to their in-lb spec.

The CA is terrible, clarity isn’t great above 12x either.

Bummed. Can’t return it (bought via my FFL distributor account)