• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SilencerCo BOGO

I haven’t been contacted by my dealer. I got the stamp and took my maxim9 home months ago

So I have an update about a screw up beyond monumental proportions. After finally getting all suppressors in at the dealer, I get a call a month ago basically stating that we were approved but somehow the dealer put someone on our trust that shouldn’t have been on there. Keep in mind by this point it’s been well over a year. Ok so I’m thinking no biggie, we just amend the trust, send the paperwork back and we will be good in 2 weeks. That was over a month ago. Oh and also keep in mind the only reason I found out about this problem is because I know some high up people in the ATF and after contacting them we find out that we were actually approved on background like 9 months ago, well before I found out about this issue.

Anyways again after sending the paperwork back and waiting over a month, I called this morning to get an update. The young lady was super awesome except one thing, she claimed my form 4 doesn’t exist nor the serial number that I gave her coincide with us. What? I explain to her that that is impossible because I have a pic of the forms on my phone with everything in black and white yet she tells me they have never had our form 4 nor does that serial number match our records as I’m staring at it on my phone. Wtf?

So, I then ask about another group of suppressors. She said those were pending and that they didn’t receive those until August 2019. I’m so lost right now. The only thing I can think of is that the other group is processed and on the way to the dealer and she can’t see it in the queue because it’s gone. Or, they somehow resubmitted all suppressors over again under the other set of paperwork sent in August even tho she didn’t indicate that was the case. WTF? How you going to taken my money, process the trust, get paperwork back and then claim you never had it? I can’t wait to talk to my contact at the ATF about this. I’m going to light them up as I have no idea how you screw this up this bad. Now people are telling me I might have to wait another 1.5 years. That’s BS.

Anyone ever sell a suppressor you never actually received? I’m tired of waiting. I could have done this as an individual and been done in 4 months.

You mean your dealer hasn't gotten it so you haven't been able to start your form 4? I'd try to get in touch with them. My dealer got mine in June, and they said that all free cans would be to dealers by the end of June.

UPDATE for anyone else that may still be waiting. I had my wife send an email to Silencerco awhile back and there was no response. I later contacted my dealer asking if he had received a can on my behalf. He advised me to contact Silencerco. so I emailed again yesterday. I almost immediately got a response and they said they could not see that I was registered even though I received an email saying I would be getting updates and a tracking number when my “free can” shipped. Anyways after he got me squared away I asked if they had a can or if they would need to make it. He told me "there are a few hundred more free suppressors we need to ship out" So I guess I still have a bit of a wait before I start waiting for my tax stamp lol. On the bright side in the middle of emailing back and forth with Silencerco I received a call from my dealer telling me they received another stamp.