• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencerco BOGO

Aggrofish

Wut
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2013
So about 7 months ago I took advantage of the BOGO promo and ordered an 30 cal can and I'm supposed to get the octane 9 for free. Initially the ads stated that it would be four months before the free cans shipped. I was curious so I just called to see if they were any closer to getting those out. They claim that they cannot manufacture anything while the government is shut down so there has been no progress. They say the ATF does not answer the phones or respond to email so they still cannot manufacture.

Not that I don't believe them but they seem like a $hitty company with a good product, so who knows. Is this true?

*Note: I searched and the only BOGO thread I saw was 7 months+ old

Waiting also and frustrated, Had I known it would be this long, I would just have bought it. at the 4 month timeframe for me, the government was still open.... I understand things happen, but leaving people hang with no update, months after it is due is very crappy customer service. They lost me as a customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aggrofish
Still waiting as well. Not really waiting on the free can for anything in particular but a 1 year wait seems excessive. Make one wonder about the health of the company.

They had way more people get in on this deal than they planned on, so they are pretty backed up. Saw on their facebook page a while ago that they were hoping to have all of the bogo cans sent out by I think March, but that was before the govt shutdown.

Reactions: Aggrofish
Their statement is partially correct. Form 3's can't get approved to transfer to dealers if the atf is shut down however, I also think they bit off more than they could chewv with the BOGO sale. I think this last bogo is a hail Mary attempt to try and stay above water... Silencerco is still teetering on insolvency but that is pure speculation.

Their statement is partially correct. Form 3's can't get approved to transfer to dealers if the atf is shut down however, I also think they bit off more than they could chewv with the BOGO sale. I think this last bogo is a hail Mary attempt to try and stay above water... Silencerco is still teetering on insolvency but that is pure speculation.
I think the BOGO promo was intended to move old stagnant inventory built up because of the trump slump and failure of HPA moving forward. I wonder how much the promo ended up costing them. We'll never know, but we'll get a good idea of the BOGO promo's cost if they file for chapter 11. I like SiCo, i hope they make it through this.

Reactions: Strykervet
I think the BOGO promo was intended to move old stagnant inventory built up because of the trump slump and failure of HPA moving forward. I wonder how much the promo ended up costing them. We'll never know, but we'll get a good idea of the BOGO promo's cost if they file for chapter 11. I like SiCo, i hope they make it through this.

Hell, if Silencerco has money problems they can make some revenue selling the discontinued Radius rangefinder again.
Used ones sell like hot cakes on the Nightvision and thermal forums/groups.

Any genius with half a brain for business could see that if they were remotely in touch with thier customer base.
I’d like a spare but it’s like fighting off rabid wolves when a used one pops up for sale seems like. I’d rather pay 900 new than 650 used only dropped a few times.

Hopefully they can figure thier stuff out.

For what it’s worth I received one of my free cans lol. The Octane 9. I am still waiting on my Octane 45 unfortunately.

Is it possible to transfer a pending BOGO suppressor to another person? If so, I'll buy the pending rights to a BOGO Octane 9 or Octane 45 if someone would rather have cash now.

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
Hell, if Silencerco has money problems they can make some revenue selling the discontinued Radius rangefinder again.
Used ones sell like hot cakes on the Nightvision and thermal forums/groups.

Any genius with half a brain for business could see that if they were remotely in touch with thier customer base.
I’d like a spare but it’s like fighting off rabid wolves when a used one pops up for sale seems like. I’d rather pay 900 new than 650 used only dropped a few times.

Hopefully they can figure their stuff out.

Problem is the guys who ever designed any of their good stuff specwar/osprey/octane/saker where shadily fired. Henry Grahm who I think helped design the radius started Rugged and Mike Pappas and Todd Magee went and started Dead Air. They have not made a decent product since those three were fired end of story.

They have money problems but nobody knows how bad it is. Quite a few friends are ex employees heard some pretty interesting things but again purely speculation. They almost tanked right after the election but they were able to do some maneuvering to stay open. It was all over FB back then when Josh and Jonathon were seen selling off tons of crap online for cheap and now Jonathon is no longer working there if I remember right and Jason is interim president. If I had to guess they are in the stages or have already been bought up by another private entity. I don't think the brand will ever just die but I could see them doing a bankruptcy deal then new management type thing. Pretty funny a guy took my old job trying to get out of there a month ago when I switched companies and several guys from Sico had applied for the position as well.

Plenty of concern when they and Silencer Shop had a separation, and now that seems to have resolved itself, although I have no idea how many cans Silencer Shop moves of Sico?
A quick check still has Sico being offered on the SS website.

Talked to them today (called again), and they story is they will try to have them all shipped by June(n)

Had I known I would have to wait a year just to get the serial number, I would never have bought the first one. Silencerco, this will be the last time I deal with you.

They also confirmed they never sent out emails to anyone with any explanation or timeline. Just left everyone hanging...

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
Bought 2 SiCo cans in the promo, still waiting on the free 9 and 45 octane from it. They have severely botched this whole thing. It's one thing to underestimate the number you will will have to give away, it's another to just go completely dark. I emailed them right after purchase to make sure that I filled the form out correctly to get the free cans, because I never received a confirmation email that they said I would after registration. Didn't hear back from them for almost 2 months. They haven't really given any concrete timeline or what they're doing. These were my first 2 SiCo cans on probably my last.

I would have been fine if they would have just communicated through the whole thing. But there are plenty of other great manufacturers out there with excellent CS that I would rather give my money too now.

As far as the shut down, it shouldn't effect their production, just their transfers to dealers. So while the gov is shut down they should be able to produce as much as they want, and then once the ATF is back processing, they could start all the form 3's and get them sent out. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

Last edited:
I bought an Omega 300 and Omega 9K and am getting a 9mm Octane and Spectre 22lr can as my free cans. My 9mm serial number is ready and I need to pay my tax stamp and transfer fees. Spectre 22lr for me and my Lt. who also purchased an Omega 300 at the same time is still no serial number and no timeline. Seeing some people have 9mm Octane movement makes me think they are doing one can type at a time.