• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slippery cheek piece fix

rero360

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2008
South Pasadena, CA
I have a McM A5 with the thumbwheel adjustable cheek piece and have noticed that its been getting pretty slick from usage, making it difficult to maintain a proper cheekweld. I have come up with a cheap, fast method of combating it.

I had some of the camo wrap stuff laying around, the stuff thats similar to ace bandages, grips to itself but doesn't leave a residue. What I did was wrapped up my cheek piece, feeding it through the gaps between the adjustment screws. It is alittle rough on the cheek but gives a great grip.

Just thought I'd share that little bit, for those who don't have stock packs.

Re: Slippery cheek piece fix

I've used black sports tape on really hot extended periods behind glass. That camo wrap stuff is probably softer on the cheek tho.

I copied a guy I saw using adhesive backed felt. I found it in the crafts store.

SMTRG017-1.jpg

It's not tacticool enough for me so I saved the template I made and will cut another out of Agrip.
wink.gif

Agrip @ Brownells

try gluing on a piece of mouse pad, the non slip porting on the bottom face up.

Get a eagle stock pack, but really if you can't keep a decent cheek position something else is the problem

I just take an old pair of pants, cut two halves to fit and then sew it on. Just did it to an AI as well. Better than greasy face.

Good luck

Neoprene(wetsuit) material and some 3M 77 adhesive. cut to shape
- or -
Go to Big5 and purchase a neoprene elbow brace, it's somewhat elastic and should slip over the stock

I wish I could rock the beard, AR 670-1 doesn't let me though lol. 427: Its not horrible, I just have a scrawy face so I don't have the meat to help keep me in place going full chipmunk.

Just tried a non perminate, cheap, easy to do method and shared it with everyone. YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Skateboard grip tape
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Fuk me....I'll pass....LOL!

I cut up some 5.11 knee pads I had laying around and attacked it using velcro. works GREAT looks ugly haha

some of that 2" wide self adhesive velcro, throw the hook half away and use the loop half. nice and soft.

xdeano

And Black Mole skin can be had at most stores that sell archery equipment, if your color sensitive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">grow a beard</div></div>

+1 haha

That patina that you built up just means that you actually use your guns. Wear it with pride.

If you find that it is a problem, shoe glue some fabric to it. Old BDUs are perfect. You will wear through that eventually too though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juice5610</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cut up some 5.11 knee pads I had laying around and attacked it using velcro. works GREAT looks ugly haha </div></div>

That's what I did. Our new uniforms are 5.11's so I stole a kneepad and used it for a cheekpiece. Works great.

cheek-eze pads too. how many moles are you guys skinning per rifle?