• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Magazine

Optimus. I am deployed overseas, any way that an electronic version can be set up? Would be great to buy online electronic version. Apart from the positives above have seen good comments on the mag on a few FB pages.

Send me a message with your shipping details and I'll send you a copy.

Optimus. I am deployed overseas, any way that an electronic version can be set up? Would be great to buy online electronic version. Apart from the positives above have seen good comments on the mag on a few FB pages.

Hey Knight,

If you PM me an overseas address, I'll send you a copy of SNIPER 2013 at no cost. Same goes for anyone else reading this who is currently deployed. I'll keep doing this until I run out of personal copies. I hope you enjoy the magazine!

Best,
Eric

Eric R. Poole, Editor
SIP Division, InterMedia Outdoors
USMC 1996-2004
Blackwater 2006-2008
Semper Fi!

Research this magazine a little better. It has pretty much been banned by gun owners for their position on civilians owning firearms. Their opinion is only LEO and military should own black rifles.

Holy crap! I don't know where this came from. The thought that the team that puts together SNIPER only supports LE and military owning black rifles couldn't be further from the truth. I don't work with anyone that believes this. Statements like this are cancer. I was born and raised on black guns. I'm now a civilian. If Feinstein took a look in my gun vault she'd piss her pants. I'm that kind of guy.

Best,
Eric

Eric R. Poole, Editor
USMC 1996-2004
Blackwater USA 2006-2008
Semper Fi!

Hey Knight,

If you PM me an overseas address, I'll send you a copy of SNIPER 2013 at no cost. Same goes for anyone else reading this who is currently deployed. I'll keep doing this until I run out of personal copies. I hope you enjoy the magazine!

Best,
Eric

Eric R. Poole, Editor
USMC 1996-2004
Blackwater 2006-2008
Semper Fi!

That's squared the fuck the away right there. I'm sending my old PL mine once I'm done with it. Along with some Scottish holy water in collapsable flask ;)

Sure is HillbillyfromAL. I really appreciate this and offers from others. Once I get my copy and I am done with it I am going to pass it on as well. So if you are done with a copy see if someone who can't get a copy and is overseas / deployed wants one. Pay it forward! On top of this it will increase those that know about the mag.

This mag is great. A lot of good articles in this one. Any of you guy's overseas that want one send me a pm and I will get you one. I hope they start releasing them at least twice a year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess it will be the same as all weapons mags, this rifle is good for this, that, does this, that, but a steep price. Never telling us any of the downfalls of the rifle. Like motercycle/ car mags. never tell you the bad crap with the bike/ car just the good crap. For once I would like to see a magizine take the reviewing rifles and fire them with complete honesty, and then grab a couple everyday joes and vs them against other similar/ comparable weapon systems based on their reviews. Please have a walmart special or two thrown in that review aswell.

That is the article I want. </div></div>

Hey SmithE-6,
You should give the Sniper mag a chance. I'm the editor for it and purposefully took your stated approach when making the assignments. I tried to keep non-anklets from contributing to it and hope the next time around, to have the book entirely written by certifiable snipers. It's as much of a magazine that teaches new technical thoughts on long range shooting than a rag that just sucks up to advertisers/manufacturers. Jacob Bynum reviewed the Sniper mag at a recent Sniper Country event in Utah, and I think that he'll be added to the contributors list next time. He seemed pleased. Inside this issue you'll see more detail on the XM2010, a good piece by Caylen Wojcik on unusual shooting positions and a number of Todd Hodnett articles. 128 pages, very few ads, and more unbiased content than you'll see in another gun magazine. I did my best to give the reader a chock full magazine for your $9. I can't control the price, but I can give you a lot more for what you pay for. Ideas for articles in my magazines come right from guys like you and are not driven by advertisers. Just asking for a chance to change the face of gun magazines.

Best,
Eric

Eric R. Poole, Editor
Special Interest Publications
InterMedia Outdoors

Don't leave out how all magazines are advertising. Thats why you wont get a bad review, or objective opinion. Writers/Mags are paid to showcase(review) a product or are given products for free if they do a review.
No magazine could survive without massive advertising, and that is where the real money comes from.

How many issues have there been to date? And how often are they due out? I missed this somewhere. Hey if folks thing it is a good idea you or I can start a thread for deployed folks and point them to this for those that want to pay it forward.

Don't leave out how all magazines are advertising. Thats why you wont get a bad review, or objective opinion. Writers/Mags are paid to showcase(review) a product or are given products for free if they do a review.
No magazine could survive without massive advertising, and that is where the real money comes from.

Your post indicates either an unfamiliarity with the magazine being discussed or an inability to comprehend its content. Each publishing company has a different business model and their own stable of writers. At Intermedia Outdoors, Eric manages industry relations for his division (under which Sniper falls) so that I am completely free to not only choose who writes in Sniper, but what topics we cover. Neither I nor any other writer in the magazine has been pressured to write a puff piece to acquire ad dollars or to avoid offending anyone in the industry. In fact, we make it a point to discuss the weaknesses of the products we review. A quick perusal of the articles in Sniper will demonstrate this. Also, our emphasis is on training and competitions so product reviews are in the minority. Our goal is to be a reference publication that professionals and enthusiasts can keep for years to come.

Wow sounds like you cracked the nut that the THOUSANDS of magazines before you have failed to do, and sustain it.. Let me know how it's working out in a year. I would love to see your financials.

Good Luck

Wow sounds like you cracked the nut that the THOUSANDS of magazines before you have failed to do, and sustain it.. Let me know how it's working out in a year. I would love to see your financials.

Good Luck

It is actually a really good mag. A lot different from the others. Have you read any of them or are you just talking shit for no reason? Pick one up, you might be surprised.

My offer still stands for you guy's deployed. Send me a pm with your address and I will get one out to you.

I found Jeff Hoffman's wind formula, in last years issue, very helpful. I keep it in my Daytimer with my scope manuals and other stuff I need to memorize or reinforce, while in waiting rooms, airports or other places where I can find a few moments to commit them to memory.

I am going to need to re-read Todd Hodnett's wind formula a few more times as I am having a little difficulty with the math. I am curious if there is a error in the 2nd example he gives after the formula ( R X W + W ) is explained. Specifically, the formula for the 500 meter target with 13 MPH of wind. Whereas I am clear that in the first example (400 meters, 13 mph wind: 4 goes into 13, 3 times with 1 left over), the math for the 500 yard formula seems incorrect.

As 5 goes into 13 twice with 3 left over should not the correct result be .5 X 2 + .3 = 1.5 mils?

As said, I plan on re-reading this and am not going to shoot myself if it turns out I missed something obvious.

I have enjoyed these two issues and would like to find a copy of the first if back issues are available.

Thanks

ETA- Found my error...the '4' in question that divides into the 13 mph wind is the "Perfect Wind" number.

As I wrote, I'll be re-reading this. A few times...

Last edited:
I'm dig'n the mag. It looks cool on the coffee table to offset my fiance's Home Living magazine lol! In Ohio, I picked mine up at Meijers for 9 bucks. I've spent more on less interesting less useful things.

I got my copy at Barnes and Nobel, even as a new guy to the precision side of the house, I'm diggin what I see so far and it's nice to see something this specific for the price.

A buddy just gave me the latest issue, and I've enjoyed what I read. I even learned something about BC's.

My only gripe is the inability to buy a subscription. I'd actually like two, and it doesn't appear to be possible. Someone point me in the right direction if I'm wrong.

I just picked up a copy and it has alot of good Articles on Accuracy International, Craig Harrison and Jered's Paragon. I like the whole Magazine.

Eric,
Does this Magazine comes out on a Monthly basis? I have only seen 2 differant copies where I live and bought both and really like them.

Just finished reading it and another great issue. If anyone is deployed and needs a copy PM me your address and I'll send it.

I just picked up a copy and it has alot of good Articles on Accuracy International, Craig Harrison and Jered's Paragon. I like the whole Magazine.

Eric,
Does this Magazine comes out on a Monthly basis? I have only seen 2 differant copies where I live and bought both and really like them.

It only comes out once a year. I wish they would do more as it is a really good magazine.

Came across the mag in the book store and picked up a copy. This, to my surprise, actually is a good magazine as others have said. A lot of really good articles in the issue, some of it is history related info ,some on new product, all informative and good pictures. If I had to provide any feedback on the articles it would be on the "practical Ballistics" piece. This will sound like blasphemy to some people but Bryan Litz's article left me scratching my head. I don't have issue with the veracity of the info, on the contrary, it's probably too much for the average reader. I think he could have said what he wanted to say,gotten his point across in a simpler knuckle dragger fashion. At the end of the article I was aware I had just digested a lot of good information but didn't feel like I walked away with anything I could usefully apply or say "I go it".

To give a comparison, Todd Hodnetts piece in the magazine while shorter than I'd have liked, offered lots of really good info that I felt was immediately applicable and made sense. Litz's article left me feeling like I had just sat through a professors lecture at college and the article actually reads a lot like a white paper and or a thesis on the subject of external ballistics. I can't help but wonder if it's just one article in a series of articles since the piece starts off by outlining 3 tools of the trade but never ties them all together in a "how to" manner. The man is obviously smart when it comes to ballistics, the way the article is written assumes everyone else is too.

I was surprised to see the article on subsurface hides. Having built and lived in hides for most of my military career I thought the article covered a lot of good "tips of the trade" that one usually learns via doing or being mentored by others who learned it from their predecessors. It's one of the less glamorous aspects of sniping that usually isn't seen and or discussed. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen a thread here on SH on how to build a subsurface hide. Plenty on guns and Ghillies and gun camo jobs but nothing on hides as far as I've seen. So kudos to Sniper mag and Cody Carroll for writing about how to dig a hole, I found it refreshing to see something showing the un sexy and mundane side of sniping that is a larger piece of reality than what many people see/think that snipers do.

Again, its a great magazine with some useful info in it. Keep up the good work.

If you own or are interested in the AI rifles, I'd recommend getting the latest 2013 issue of Sniper as while it has the PSR on the cover, inside there is a really big article all about Accuracy International and their history, along with lots of photos of the history & operations of their factory etc. In addition there is a nice article on the 2,474 meter hits done by the British sniper using the AW 50.

It will make a nice keepsake to your AI collection that is worth a lot more than the cover price.

Great magazine it's sad that I wait one year just waiting for this magazine to come out. I shoot a long gun for a living and I learn something every time I read it at 9 bucks who's gives a shit I pay more for crappy scope caps.

Some articles are better than others. Some authors were doing salesmanship, bragging about their so-called personal contributions to the craft while others were giving information from experience. Caylen's contributions in the previous edition were good reads. What he didn't say in the article about Fallujah is that he was awarded a Silver Star for his actions during that engagement: Exposing himself to withering enemy fire in order to rescue another wounded Marine. Of course, it's just like him not to mention that.

Last edited:
Is there anyway I can subscribe the Mag from Pakistan?

I just finished the most recent copy. I'll gladly send it on to anyone with an APO address. PM me your name, and APO address, and I'll send it along. If you and your group wants a bunch of gun mags, let me know and I'll box up some reading stuff for you all.

I bought this magazine about a month ago. Saw it on the rack in the grocery store, noticed the lack of advertising on the cover, thumbed through it and thought it would be a good read. Being new to long range shooting, I value any legitimate information I can get. I really enjoyed the magazine and have read almost every article. I found the ballistics article and the wind doping equation article most useful. Unlike the poster above, I did walk away from the ballistics article and said, "I GET IT!" A light bulb finally turned on when I read it.

Ironically, I was going to start a thread about it here, but I figured I would get laughed out for mentioning a gun "rag". Glad to know my thoughts were in line with those more experienced than me.

Ordered one from store.intermediaoutdoors.com
Free shipping, even to the Netherlands it seems! ($5 handling though)

Any way I can get my hands on the 2011 and 2012 magazine? Digital would be fine as well.

This is such a great magazine I wish that it came out more often. How many of these magazines have came out? I think that I might of missed one? Can I also back order one if I missed any?

I JUST found this and like an IDIOT didn't realize the thread was like 3yrs old when I PMd Eric about a subscription to my APO.

I'm just a contractor now, so I do NOT want to "take" an issue that could go to a troop. If, however, someone has a back issue or two they'd be willing to mail over, I'll gladly pay you full price for the magazine itself plus shipping.