• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

Re: Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

All is ready for tomorrows match. The weather dickhead says temps will be nice and the wind should not be too bad.

And, PWSA management just agreed to let me run these matches year round. I had several people ask and I had two guys agree to run them if I was busy or out of town.

See you tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

10 Steel Prairie Dog Targets ranging from 175-400 yards shot under time constraints.

Each competitor will shoot the match four times requiring no more than 40 rounds.

One shot per target. No make up shots.

No penalties for misses. Only points earned for hits.

15 total seconds allowed per shot.

Targets hit within the first 10 seconds are worth 10 points. Hits between 10.01 seconds and 15.00 seconds are worth 5 points. If the competitor does not take a shot before 15.01 seconds or shoots after 15.01 seconds, it is a 10 point penalty, hit or miss.

In the event of a tie, the shoot-off will be a 4 inch plate at 425 yards. First shooter to miss is the loser.

Shooters start prone behind rifle with bolt/action open and ammunition in hand.

Upon start signal shooter may load rifle and engage target.

4 divisions. Heavy rifle, 12+ pounds. Light rifle, under 12 pounds. Semi-Auto rifle. IHMSA Pistol.

Scopes, bi-pods, sandbags, rests, muzzle brakes, laser rangefinders allowed.

40 gn minimum bullet weight.

Steel Core, Armor-Piercing and Tracer ammo *NOT* allowed. $50 fine per target that is damaged with above ammo.

Match re-entries are allowed. However only the first time counts for match score.

Contact me here for more details.

Steel_Dog_2.sized.jpg

Steel_Dog_1.sized.jpg

</div></div>

I have had some people asking about the rules and other info about the 22 side matches at the monthly Sniper / Prairie Dog matches.

Two divisions. Semi auto and everyone else.

22 long rifle only. Standard velocity or high velocity only. No hyper velocity ammo like Stingers or Velicitors. It will tear up the targets, piss me off, and hurt your wallet.

No weight/scope/bi-pod/sandbag/rest rules at all.

Camo painted rifles, Ghillie suits, sleep depravation and low crawling not required.

Prone or bench, no matter. You start prone, gun loaded and ready, safety on.

The targets are knock down steel that we will reset between shooters. All targets are worth 10 points.

Targets must fall to score.

There will be about 25-30 targets from 50-150 yards. The smallest target is a one inch plate. They will be no further than 60-65 yards. The plates out past 100 yards will be 4-6 inch plates.

The targets will be arranged in two arrays to be shot in two relays. One array of 10-15 targets will be set up inside of 90 yards. You will be able to pick your array for that string. If the wind is calm, maybe consider the far array and hope it doesent get worse for the one inch plates. Yes I am leaving the door open for some thinking/gaming.

Semi auto shooters have 2 minutes for each array and the bolt/manual action guys will have 3 minutes.

Now go get some good hard zeros. See you there.

20 People yesterday and several new faces.

Kolar continues his winning streak shooting 35 out of 40 and Aos maintains 2nd place. I shot like a girl for the first 10 shots but squeaked out a 30/40.

6 people stayed after to shoot 22s. The wind was rough on those little slow bullets. 4-10 inches of wind at 120 yards.

The Yetti and Mr Butterpants are still MIA. Rumor has it that Mrs Butterpants made Mr sell all his guns to pay for diapers.

Broke and sick , prettry sure You didn't want what I got . Still working on the broke part . Momma has Mr B on a pretty short leash now that the youngun is here . Hasn't sold anything yet that I know of , pretty sure he's up trying to smoke an elk with my 338 right now .

Still have the guns. She goes before they do.

Supposed to be killing big critters right now but that trip was a bust. Came down with a wicked case of the stomach flu last sunday. Woke up covered in poo 3 nights in a row. Barely moved all week. Not fun. I couldn't make the 5 hour drive to craig. I still feel horrible 7 days later.

The bright side is when I don't show up.....someone else gets to win
smile.gif

I still got a mulie tag good until the end of the year outside of Conifer so there might be some meat in your future chuck.

You don't understand dude....barfing and shitting simultaneous convulsions coupled with curled up in a ball shivering from the fever. Ain't no pink shit gonna fix this.

Immodium is little white pills and You could of got into a sleeping bag in the bed of the truck and had Your homies hose You off when You got there .

Had the same thing since fri . I just didn't get the stomach part , the fever and everthing else though . You probaly just got a bad sammich at 7-11 .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't understand dude....barfing and shitting simultaneous convulsions coupled with curled up in a ball shivering from the fever. Ain't no pink shit gonna fix this. </div></div>

Sounds like a good date to me.

Hope you feel better soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are all Publo matches now done for the year?</div></div>

Tactical Rifle matches are over until March 2010, Sniper/Prairie Dog matches are all year long, next one is third saturday in Dec., which is the 19th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't understand dude....barfing and shitting simultaneous convulsions coupled with curled up in a ball shivering from the fever. Ain't no pink shit gonna fix this. </div></div>

Sounds like a good date to me.

Hope you feel better soon. </div></div>

I had that a year ago George. Every 15 mins on the crapper. Did not eat solid food for 6 days. Lost 12 pounds off my 6' 170 lb already skinny frame.

Get well soon. Pedialite (or its generic types) is your friend. From there try vegetable broth. Then add some Minute Rice to the broth the next day.

Great turnout today hope everyone had fun.

23 people yesterday. A new record for turnout even with a few regular shooters (myself included) not showing up.

And a 3-way tie for first place. Two 260s and a 6BR hit 34 out of 40.

Thanks to rtr and Carl for picking up my slack and running the match for me.

See you guys next month.

Should be there this month, last month was a blast...nice to be back in the saddle....but I'm working Friday nights now too..UGH

Game day this Saturday. I will be in Haiti, but the gang will have it under control.

Have fun guys.

As long as it isnt muddy or snowing/crappy visibility, the match will go.

Check here and your email before you head to the range.

Aint gonna happen this month. Sorry guys.

See you next month.

You fucker , finally get to come and shoot and You cancel .

He wasn't even gonna be there , going to the tropics doing earthquake relief , the helpers were going to take care of business. The way I have been shooting lately there ain't much to be scared of .

Re: Sniper / Prairie Dog Matches In Colorado

Could be fun. A long way from Texas

See if I can put a car load together

We are all headed to Eddies funeral.

Tomorrow is a cancel.

this match sounds like a lot of fun and its close to home I hope to get up there and check it out

Just heard from my man on the ground. Its raining and its getting sloppy.

Cancel. Sorry Tim, I know you are itching to get out there and shoot.

Lets try it again this Saturday morning...

My knee says the weather wont be too bad.

It went great. 21 shooters.

Lowlight was there, but was on a different berm with Pat Rogers.

I rained pretty hard Friday, but a breeze overnight dried it out enough to have the match.

I think yesterdays match was the hardest so far with several targets being partially hidden behind piles of dirt and only a few inside 300 yards.

I think the best quote I heard was "Taking it up a notch or two I see."

Titmice on parade in Pueblo -- YeeHa. I'll be there with bells on and a few others in tow.

33 people Saturday. It took a while to get everyone run through, but at least everyone got to enjoy the heat and wind.

No got moved to the 28th , schedule changed , 4H needed the range .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a match this coming Sat, August 21? </div></div>

PM me your email address and I will add you to the email distro list.

And again this Saturday there will be yet another match.

Hoser:
Another great day at Pueblo West and what fun that freaking wind is. Thanks to you, and Gary and Charlie did a lot of work at Sat match. thanks to both of them. Where were you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tommy Two Dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where were you? </div></div>

I was hanging out near Mt Rainier.

Good news that the match went well. Dino and Charlie are great guys. I could not do it without them.

Hope you had a good time. We had a good match and I'm looking forward to this months.

Might be a touch windy tomorrow.

Bring your A game.

Not 100% sure yet, but the weather forecast isnt looking good.

I will send out a yes or a no by 10:00 tonight.