• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sniper's Hide Pistol "Glock Edition" (Feeler) Precision Tactical Arms

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Hey Hiders,

We are looking at doing a Sniper's Hide Pistol with Precision Tactical Arms. So we want to see what the interest will be, right now I am thinking of limiting it to 50 pistols but if we have the interest we'll increase it.

The options available with be:

1. A User Supplied Glock
    2. A Glock 17

and/or

3. A Glock 34

These will be be full boat builds, everything changed, nothing but the frame and slide will be stock. We'll serialize them, limited edition numbers, and we'll have the option to engrave them with your Name / User Name, etc.

Here are some examples of their work:

10562678_257374001136389_7475962950278969085_o.jpg

10505126_258303921043397_5271020415522821678_o.jpg

10580898_287485441458578_2169492721594495580_o.jpg

10557655_265970380276751_5378239299564011815_o.jpg

We haven't settled on slotting and such, but that antiqued finish is definitely a winner in my book.

With a pistol included this will be coming in under $2400, the User Supplied Option will of course be less money. We are looking to leverage the site to knock the costs down as much as possible. But at 50 I think we have a great number. We'll be looking at a 75% deposit, unless you want your name engraved, then it will be 100% because at that point the gun is yours. But we can use your Glock !

What is the interest in this ?

Here is the Precision Tactical Arms FB Page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Precision-Tactical-Arms-Company/116527211887736?sk=timeline

Pretty cool idea, I'm interested in seeing what is decided on prior to committing . What is the expected turnaround ? The antique finish is a definite ,

Just a thought, maybe have a few different tiers like Salient Arms does that way you can get some done at a lower pricepoint as well and maybe get more people involved. I might be interested as I have a Glock 34 that I could send in, would there be a possibility of doing a G19 in this?

This is a limited edition thing, if you want tiers beyond "User Supplied" and Precision Tactical Supplied, I think you misunderstand the concept.

A 34 is definitely doable, that is no problem and I believe anything Glock that is User Supplied is fine as well.

The 17 & 34 option is just for vendor supplied, I cannot have him ordering "X" of every model. So we want to limit it so the consideration are both the 17 & 34

It's two options, you supply it for "X" or you buy it @ "Y" ... two options. That is how we work the Sniper's Hide Edition Stuff, the will be engraved and slotted to match the buy, but we are not letting you order just anything. It's a full boat, everyone get the same thing either on your pistol or one from them.

We dropped 4 pistols with Ward today so I guess we might be ahead of the curve but would think these 4 should count toward hide 50!

Turnaround is going to be based on the orders we receive. We could deliver in batches or all at the end, first come-first serve obviously. I'm sure Lowlight will have some input on this.

Count me in - probably a G34. My experiences with Precision Tactical have been top notch - thank you Ward and Frank for putting this together.

Heya Ward, how are you doing Bud?

If I could afford to send my G20 I would. Been wanting to just get a grip reduction and stipple job but these look really good. Cool finish and full of good parts I'm sure

what is the user supplied G 34 going to run if I want it milled for the RMR like in the photos?

This is a limited edition thing, if you want tiers beyond "User Supplied" and Precision Tactical Supplied, I think you misunderstand the concept.

A 34 is definitely doable, that is no problem and I believe anything Glock that is User Supplied is fine as well.

The 17 & 34 option is just for vendor supplied, I cannot have him ordering "X" of every model. So we want to limit it so the consideration are both the 17 & 34

It's two options, you supply it for "X" or you buy it @ "Y" ... two options. That is how we work the Sniper's Hide Edition Stuff, the will be engraved and slotted to match the buy, but we are not letting you order just anything. It's a full boat, everyone get the same thing either on your pistol or one from them.

Wasn't trying to mess with your core idea Frank sorry about that. I would love to have a SH edition glock problem is the one I would want would only need milling as it is completely built other than that, internally etc. No worries there are other options I can do for milling just thought a SH Glock would have been nice.

So jut to be clear if they supply the pistol it will roughly be $2400

If it is supplied by purchaser? $$$

Last edited:
    Maybe i missed it, but what's the full parts and work list for what gets done if we supply the Glock?
    Thanks

Last edited:
    Nice looking guns... but I have to admit that I am having trouble seeing how one could get to a $2300-ish price (especially using a stock frame/slide). I guess that I don't see all that much hand-fitting to be done on Glocks; I therefore conclude that there must be something that I am missing.

Can anyone shed any light on what that might be?

Nice looking guns... but I have to admit that I am having trouble seeing how one could get to a $2300-ish price (especially using a stock frame/slide). I guess that I don't see all that much hand-fitting to be done on Glocks; I therefore conclude that there must be something that I am missing.

Can anyone shed any light on what that might be?

You just had to be THAT GUY huh

You just had to be THAT GUY huh
    Well... yeah. Obviously there's something that I am missing, because the price of this gun seems to be in the same ballpark as a shop like Salient... so I am thinking that there's something going on that I don't understand. I'm not saying that a Precision Tactical or Salient worked Glock isn't worth the money, just that there must be more to it than I know.

Guys, I'm one of the lucky ones that have shot and now own one of these fine pistols. To put this in perspective, I've never been a Glock fan until I shot one from PTAC. The same day I shot it I put an order in on one and absolutely love it. Not only does it look cool, all enhancements add to great ergonomics and trouble free usage.

On a side note, the guys at PTAC not only build some badass pistols/firearms, they support the shooting world on a regular basis. I've been to a several matches in the southeast region and I always see a PTAC pistol on the prize table. I have nothing but great things to say about the guys at PTAC.

I am interested, but really need a list of what will be done before I commit.

Last edited:
    Just started a 10 day wait on a new Glock 20.
    I sure wouldn't mind a few details before I commit......... I already bought some damn thing from Kasey that I don't even know what it is yet:D
    $1800 is a lot to spend on a mystery package.

Please help me decide. Very,Very,Very interested.

PTAC Pistols

Alright guys, a lot of people are asking on this thread and sending me PMs regarding the details of the pistol work we're doing on this buy. For those of you who are not familiar with Precision Tactical Arms Co., we are a young, aggressive company based in Crestview, FL. We have a retail sales front but our main focus is providing enhanced weaponry that is undeniably superior. We do this by utilizing proven components and practices. We apply this same approach to the pistols we build.

Basically, we're taking a new pistol or one that you send in and transforming it from muzzle to magwell. There isn't a part on these pistols that won't be changed, polished, lightened or modified in some fashion to enhance its performance capabilities and aesthetics. Expect a match grade barrel with threading options, competition sights with optional red dot, fully adjustable competition trigger assembly swap, enhanced striker assembly, tuned recoil spring assembly with stainless guiderod, polished guides and internals, enhanced magazine and slide release, weighted speed feed magwell, +4-5 aluminum magazine extensions, grip stipple, double undercut trigger guard and obviously a machined slide with optional personalization and PTAC's signature distressed Cerakote.

We've done our homework and have had an overwhelming response to our pistol builds. Our team of practical and tactical shooters paired with our CAD design and multi-axis machining capabilities allow us to create a true best of all worlds platform. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel, it already rolls. We've figured out how to make it roll faster more efficiently without sacrificing reliability.

Last edited:
    You guys really hit the nail on the head with that brushed steel look. Seriously bad ass right there. In the immortal words of Will Hayden, "its nevah ben dun befo". Any chance you can engrave "Costa Limited Edition #1" so I can sell it on Gun Broker for five times the price? Ok, I'm kidding but seriously, those are some beautiful works of art.

I will get with Ward so we can officially announce this with actual pricing and details, we are not taking order right now, we were just seeing where the interest was and if people were interested in both the 17 and/or 34 so we can work that information more effectively.

There is no ordering yet.

Above are the details of the build, and again, your supplied pistol will certainly reduce the price. It will be a two tier option, a full build off a pistol from PTAC or a full build off a supplied pistol at the lower cost.

That's a pretty cool setup, I wish I had a budget to include this as well.

Richard [MENTION=888]CST[/MENTION]