• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

4879 "likes" as of 0730 Eastern time.

Keep it up, gents (and ladies)!!
wink.gif

opened an account, (will close it soon) and did my part. I can see how this will benefit me, but can someone explain how this benefits or helps snipers hide or frank? I really don't care just trying to figure out what the big deal is about being "liked" so much. I generally don't care if the average person likes me and don't really understand all this "social media" crap.

So if someone wouldn't mind, could someone explain it a little to me.

the short answer is it's just another statistic wrapped around your "online identity" that ties into marketing data...

I know that John Doe "Likes" snipers hide, visits powdervalley.com and snipershide.com in some big relational database somewhere.... therefore on dynamic content pages I will offer him adds based on his preferences.

Those of you that opened an account or "like" it just for the 5,000 Like Coupon should hold out at least until we get to 10,000 likes.

Who knows, maybe by then you would actually like the information that comes from their Facebook page and other related Facebook pages.

Think of it this way, its a way to communicate globally, outside the forums, voluntarily. No mass emails, no system wide forum posts. Its a bulletin board for the world to see and interact with. I'm not a huge Facebook user either but I see the benefit from it.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the short answer is it's just another statistic wrapped around your "online identity" that ties into marketing data...

I know that John Doe "Likes" snipers hide, visits powdervalley.com and snipershide.com in some big relational database somewhere.... therefore on dynamic content pages I will offer him adds based on his preferences.</div></div>

Awesome. I'd much rather be presented with Ads for Cabela's, SWFA, etc. than tampons and diet programs. Who knows, maybe someone is being shown a Super Sniper ad right now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those of you that opened an account or "like" it just for the 5,000 Like Coupon should <span style="color: #FF0000">hold out at least until we get to 10,000 likes.</span>

Who knows, maybe by then you would actually like the information that comes from their Facebook page and other related Facebook pages.

Think of it this way, its a way to communicate globally, outside the forums, voluntarily. No mass emails, no system wide forum posts. Its a bulletin board for the world to see and interact with. I'm not a huge Facebook user either but I see the benefit from it.

Mike </div></div>

Yes please keep them open until after June 13th or your "like" will go away.

Btw, the only reason I have a Facebook account is because some companies love to give stuff away using it. Other than that my only "friends" are real-life friends and family. I don't use social networking.

The only reason I opened a face book page was so I could vote also. My son could not figure out why I was on face book until I told him about the group buy.

My wife was surprised as well. Now I'm being contacted by people from high school. Didn't like them then don't like them now but it will be worth it once I get the scope.
wink.gif

I did my duty and 'liked' out of principle for everyone else to save with no intent or need for a new scope.

Now with the threat of saving $500 looming... Impulse buy seems likely

J<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OFIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did my duty and 'liked' out of principle for everyone else to save with no intent or need for a new scope.

Now with the threat of saving $500 looming... Impulse buy seems likely </div></div>

And we applaud your efforts. And you may even end up with an awesome scope at a heck of a good price as your reward!!!

DK

#4931. Looks like a great scope. The video prompted me to give a "I like". I have a IOR on the way, but the new SS is very tempting.

Could have swore I already liked.. Added.. one more.

Edit: Wife joined.. one more

my wifes minions did their duty, shoulda added quite a few

I'm signed on and told everyone I know to do the same. Should exceed 5000 tonight.

I'm going to have to buy one of these at that price. Which means that I'll have to buy a rifle to put it on!

Just read some of the lady comments hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! They crack me up!!

I'm still confused though how going through Google Chrome it says we have 4940 likes but going through Opera Mini on my BB we have 4944 likes.

Does anyone know if SWFA charges your CC in full up front for pre-orders or do they charge at time of shipment?

The time to order is drawing near...

Don't know for sure. However, when I order from them and something is back ordered they don't charge until it's shipped.

Need 36 more! I think SWFA charges at shipping.

There's only one problem with this kinda deal: I want it YESTERDAY!
wink.gif

Thanks to the 'Hide and SWFA for working up this deal!

What would be the point of ordering when it gets to 5000 vs. waiting 3 more weeks to see if it hits the 10000 mark? The scopes won't even be through customs till then anyway, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would be the point of ordering when it gets to 5000 vs. waiting 3 more weeks to see if it hits the 10000 mark? The scopes won't even be through customs till then anyway, right?</div></div>

That is correct!

no more of a discount, unless you consider you also then would get free seekins precision rings... then that would be the further discount.

Which are normally $100+ and well worth it. Probably some of the nicest rings out there. So if we make it to 10,000 Likes, it's like getting another $100 off in free stuff.

I was planning on ordering once it hit 5000. I have a set of rings just waiting for a new scop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if SWFA charges your CC in full up front for pre-orders or do they charge at time of shipment?

The time to order is drawing near... </div></div>

I was just told the CC won't be charged until they come in when I called SWFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5,002</div></div>

OUTSTANDING!!!!

It just hit 5k...slow updates on FB.