• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZeroDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Easy order to complete. 500 off coupon worked. Now to find some affordable rings!! </div></div>

Do yourself a HUGE favor, don't go the cheap route on this kind of glass... just sayin.

I highly recommend Seekins!!

DK

Thanks Greywolf, I am prob going with a BOBRO.

And I was using my iphone to post at work if you dont want to answer thats fine nobodys making you. Don't be a ASS about it.

I understand some may see the same questions over and over just don't act hardass when your on a CPU if you can help Thanks if not fine dont say anything.

I dont post alot but im on here alot and I have purchased 3 guns from fellow hide members and have read alot so I know how some assholes come across. THANKS

Just placed my order for the SS 5-20. Thanks SWFA and SH for putting together an awesome deal. Thanks to Jon A for all the reviews and posts detailing this new optic. Can wait to get it.

Vortex is losing out as I had the PST 6x24x50 FFP mil/mil on order since April 2010 but have just cancelled as I'm sick of waiting and with SWFA putting out a better option at nearly the same price, it became a 'no-brainer'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of right now we have enough coming to cover all the orders that have been placed. </div></div>

Thanks, That is good to know.

By the look of this thread, there must be a huge line of people camping in front of your store.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just want to throw out a very nice "Thank You" to Vortex Optics. They are standup enough to even click on the "LIKE" for Sniper's Hide for the SWFA Group Buy.

I also want everyone to know, that if it hadn't been for the SWFA superb price on this group buy, <span style="font-weight: bold">I would be looking through a PST right now.</span>

DK </div></div>
Really?

Depends on the model you were going to order.

I know of two PST orders which were canceled because of the endless waiting on those PSTs.

Any data on if the amount of scopes coming is still enough to cover the current orders? I am ordering tomorrow and hoping to get one from this batch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Felderthewelder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any data on if the amount of scopes coming is still enough to cover the current orders? I am ordering tomorrow and hoping to get one from this batch. </div></div>

only swfa can say, but if i were you, i'd place an order soon to better ensure you're NOT one that will be left out of the first batch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Felderthewelder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any data on if the amount of scopes coming is still enough to cover the current orders? I am ordering tomorrow and hoping to get one from this batch. </div></div>

only swfa can say, but if i were you, i'd place an order soon to better ensure you're NOT one that will be left out of the first batch. </div></div>

Not bad advice. I placed my order only two hours after SWFA said they had enough, in hopes of jumping on the first batch. My thinking is a few others probably did the same thing.

You guys are a bad influence and Franks review topped it off. Now what do I do with the two PST's I finally got after waiting a year. Just ordered one, with the group buy it's hard to pass up. Thanks SH!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are a bad influence</div></div>

You are more than welcome!!

DK

Well, almost the 31st in Japan. Wonder if they are airborne yet?

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. There is always something to do to pass the time. But the mind never sleeps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are a bad influence and Franks review topped it off. Now what do I do with the two PST's I finally got after waiting a year. Just ordered one, with the group buy it's hard to pass up. Thanks SH!! </div></div>

Obviously you need to buy more rifles to mount all the nice glass to.

Placed an order last night... I was planning to use a Bushnell Elite 4200 that I got when they went on close out. Any idea how these will compare?

I said I would never do that facebook thing; but I signed up after reading that it would help you guys out. Good luck with the group buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just want to throw out a very nice "Thank You" to Vortex Optics. They are standup enough to even click on the "LIKE" for Sniper's Hide for the SWFA Group Buy.

I also want everyone to know, that if it hadn't been for the SWFA superb price on this group buy, <span style="font-weight: bold">I would be looking through a PST right now.</span>

DK </div></div>
Really?

Depends on the model you were going to order.

I know of two PST orders which were canceled because of the endless waiting on those PSTs.</div></div>
You can make that three if you'd like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well my order is in! </div></div>

Did you ever sell that Sightron SIII? I have you just like it, not sure if I'm going to keep it or sell it.

I lurk on here a lot but never really post. After seeing that 10k was not likely, I ordered one today. Thanks SWFA for this great opportunity!

Well like so many others here, I have just submitted my order for a new scope!!!!. And like you, I'm trusting that the reviews I have read, are indeed what I expect....I can't say I would be so inclined to follow a strangers words..Like I am here. I guess that's a testament to the weight and respect the Sniper Hide has.
Thanks for allowing this transaction to aspire. No matter how you look at it, $500 saved is a huge amount. I'll do some research and also see what others think of, as far as the rings go. I wasn't that thrilled with the selection offered on the scope web site. What do you guys think? Looking for quality rings that would mount this scope on a AR platform???????
The thread was fun to monitor and really the rings were not that important, the discount was the important items here. Thanks has to go out to all involved. While I truly did not need this new purchase, it will be put to use, I suppose another example of the power of marketing these forum holds.
I have several silencers, and was wondering...where to get covers for them, any ideas?

I just built another round of AR's, some 7 in all. I have two that are gas piston, I went with an Adams Arms kit, and Sampson Star Forearms. They worked out OK, and I like the looks and function, but they did need to be modified before they would fit. I had to sand down the Gas Ring, off the bottom and the sides to remove the 45°, that the forearm was hanging up on. After that, they installed, but very tightly. Both these rifles have 16" 1:7 barrels, Spider Lowers and UBR stocks, in 5.56mm. Two special rifles, Both in a 24" SS Match barrels, one a 6.5 Grendle the other a 6.8 SPR. I choose a Bravo company bolt assembly's and charging handle's for it, with Yankee Hill forearms and end plates. Both these has Magpul PRS stocks, one is in the Tan theme and the other Forest green. My other rifles are all 5.56mm, with a collection of different themes. 2 are 16" with one 20" barrel. All have Bravo Company bolts assembly's and charging handles, while stocks and forearms very in color and type. There is OD green, Black and Desert tan. Two have adjustable Vltor stocks and the black rifle is the A2 type. All have a 7 or 8:1 turn ratio. As you know there are almost endless pieces one personalizes when building a rifle, so I won't go there and bore you, but I did have a great time building them, and most have yet to be shot. In all, the build took about 15 months to complete....Manly for waiting for parts! The Triggers, Geissele, 24" barrels Ed Schaller, Forearms and Gas kits were the longest waits. Before this I built two 7.62 Ar-10's, one a 20" and the other a 24". They took much less time to complete. I also re-load, so i had to up-grade the parts for that as well, the 6.5 Grendle is a very accurate and fun cartridge to fire. I get right at 0.23" @ 100 yards with it. I'm very happy, I don't think I am capable of any more than that, too old and shaky!
Anyhow, looking forward to the new glass....Thanks for all you have done, and I'm looking forward to the talk about rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kalman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are a bad influence and Franks review topped it off. Now what do I do with the two PST's I finally got after waiting a year. Just ordered one, with the group buy it's hard to pass up. Thanks SH!! </div></div>

Obviously you need to buy more rifles to mount all the nice glass to. </div></div>

You are so right, just commited to the .243 AI on here! I gotta get off this site, costing me a bundle!

only slightly off topic...and for those of you who have already ordered- I am going to be going on vacation soon for two weeks. I am going to order one of these but I am not certain of where it can be shipped? Will SWFA ask for separate billing and shipping addresses? Lastly, do they allow for insurance in the shipping with an online purchase? Thanks for the help.

Call and ask them, that would be the best way to get your shipping questions answered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yknot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What do you guys think? Looking for quality rings that would mount this scope on a AR platform???????
</div></div>

Not sure how you were not impressed with SWFAs mount selection. They hundreds of mounts and rings on their site.

Bobro would be my pick. http://swfa.com/SWFA-Precision-Optic-30mm-Mount-P48134.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only slightly off topic...and for those of you who have already ordered- I am going to be going on vacation soon for two weeks. I am going to order one of these but I am not certain of where it can be shipped? Will SWFA ask for separate billing and shipping addresses? Lastly, do they allow for insurance in the shipping with an online purchase? Thanks for the help. </div></div>

Yes, you can have separate bill and shipping addresses, as well as insurance on shipping with online purchases. I did all of the above this past weekend when I ordered my SS 5-20

Yep, my SIII is sold. Well actually I'm waiting on the money order...but I couldn't wait to order the scope any longer!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, my SIII is sold. Well actually I'm waiting on the money order...but I couldn't wait to order the scope any longer!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I tried PM'ing you but it said it was full. What was the final price? I noticed you dropped it once from where you originally listed it at.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread. PM me.

Probably a non-issue, but I'll be moving from the location specified on the order at the end of August. But I'm sure the scope will be in long before that!

Are we still on point for a more detailed review before the official release?

Does anyone know if the first shipment of scopes has been completely sold?

I already ordered one of these scopes as soon as we hit 5k likes. I want to order two more but I'd rather wait for the next shipment just in case there are any bugs that need fixing. Not expecting any, of course, since SWFA and their factory have good experience with bringing new products to market, but just wondering...

so was I supposed to get a notice of back order?

I also got a notice of back order. Anyone who got an early early in have that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also got a notice of back order. Anyone who got an early early in have that? </div></div>

Yes. I ordered early and received the same notice. If you read back a few pages you will see that the scopes are not in the country yet. Hence why they are back ordered.

I'm getting very excited for this scope to come, especially after hearing a few days back that the first batch would cover everyone that had placed an order. I do prefer the prototype battery cover though.

The 10k mark was of no consequence to me because I wanted ARC M3 rings anyway.

I called to order one yesterday and I was told that the current orders exceed the number of scopes that will be available in the first shipment. They were very nice and gave me all of the information that they could, but they could not tell me when they would be expecting the next shipment of scopes.

I have been looking for a used NXS and thought that this scope may be a good alternative at a great price. I would hate to have my $$$ tied up in this backorder when a great deal on the 5.5-22 that I have been looking for pops up.

I've got two little boys, so most of my $$$ goes to them these days and my "play" money is in short supply. I may just take the leap and order one and hope for the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the first shipment of scopes has been completely sold?

I already ordered one of these scopes as soon as we hit 5k likes. I want to order two more but I'd rather wait for the next shipment just in case there are any bugs that need fixing. Not expecting any, of course, since SWFA and their factory have good experience with bringing new products to market, but just wondering... </div></div>

Ordered mine yesterday. Was just about to get a Nightforce, but I have had success with SS, and $1,200 price diff will buy alot reloading supplies.

Hope I was able to get in on the first shipment. Guy at SWFA said they were about to cut off orders for the first shipment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbeckwith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking for a used NXS and thought that this scope may be a good alternative at a great price. I would hate to have my $$$ tied up in this backorder when a great deal on the 5.5-22 that I have been looking for pops up.</div></div>

From what I can tell, my CC has not been charged yet, even though I ordered my first one on 5/21. My guess is that they don't charge until just before it ships -- which is more-or-less standard practice for e-tailers.

I ordered mine one week ago on 5/26, and promptly received and invoice via email. Not knowing that they have all been on backorder, I requested tracking information for the shipment yesterday. This morning I received this response: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This item has not arrived yet. It's still on back order with no current eta.</div></div>
I'm not sure of the situation based on some of the recent posts in this thread. Some people claim there are enough orders to fulfill the first shipment, and some are claiming there are too many.

Can someone with first-hand knowledge of the situation give us an idea how for out we are on the wait? Perhaps updating the original post with this information would also be helpful.

Well I sure cannot provide any help. I called SWFA and spoke to a lady. Told her I placed an order for a 5-20 HD last night and was curious if I would make the first shipment. She told me she could not give me that information. I then asked if I could speak with someone that could. She said no, we don't give out that info. Others have called and received this info but I struck out and she didn't want to tell me anything.

I really wish I could have the scope for next weekend, but I guess there is no chance of that happening.

I swear... Some of you guys could have the hottest girl in the world try to bang you, and would still ask her "why do you want to screw me?"....

All the info you seek is in this thread... They are not here. They are awaiting shipment. No solid ETA, but should be soon.

Some of you need to go to Mr. Miyagi's house and wax cars...