• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harsh reallity of 10,000 like unobtainium has set in.
Order placed. </div></div>

I agree, I placed my order.
I sure hope its as good as everyone is saying it will be.

Even though there is a new set of the best rings in the world dangling out there like a prize... I didn't think it would actually happen.

I already have my Seekins rings and I am just waiting on the scope to get here. I got my Manners stock day before yesterday and my rifle is put together.

I will also be waiting on my supressor shortly... and everything will be right with the world!!

DK

This is so tempting...$500 off is a huge discount! Doesn't look like it's making it to the free rings though
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomstick308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harsh reallity of 10,000 like unobtainium has set in.
Order placed. </div></div>

I agree, I placed my order.
I sure hope its as good as everyone is saying it will be. </div></div>
me too

It's tempting to me as well however.

1. With no positive release date it puts me in a timing bind

2. Not sure if I will love the reticle after becoming a mil hash type fan.

That said I would love to have one and think John A has done an outstanding job of letting us know his thoughts.

Remember, these are set to leave Japan on the 30th. I would think they would be state side by the June 1st with a short stay in customs, then a couple of days to SWFA, then in ours hands a few days after that.

As SWFA stated, customs is the wild card and I have no idea what a short, or long stay in customs means.

I have no doubt that customs will be wanting to play around with them for a few days prior to letting them out of their sight. I can't blame them... I am sure I would be doing that too.

I would venture to guess though, that the scope will be mounted on my 10PC by June 20th. I can hope anyways...

DK

That's about what I'm hoping for, only mine is going on a Savage in 6.5 Lapua.
wink.gif

Oh yeah. I know SWFA will do what they can. Import, customs, shipping are all delay points beyond anyones control. My points were not ment to disrespect SWFA, just to point out my personal issue with the unknown time frame. It's good to have this upcoming class but it's up to me to get my stuff straight.

but again, let's hope the procrastinators such as myself will get to receive one of these and not wait too long on a waiting list.

...or are we the optimists, vs the procrastinators? i was really hoping to get in on the rings for the 10,000 likes... which is still plausible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...or are we the optimists, vs the procrastinators? i was really hoping to get in on the rings for the 10,000 likes... which is still plausible. </div></div>

Magic 8 ball says "not likely"

Well... it's the 27th of May... still haven't even made it to 6,000 likes yet... 10,000???? Silly Rabbit... the BEST rings in the world have to be BOUGHT, they are not GIVEN away!!

DK

It's not going to 10k likes so I went ahead and got it with my refund money.

I have been waiting some time for a telescope like this for this price range. The SS 3-9 was not suitable for my needs and so I waited.

Back in 1976 we just did not have the optics quality and price range. Being a sniper back then was a challenge but we managed. It is a very different situation today.

I am going to mount it on my 6.5 Grendel and .308 Win ARs. Can't wait. Thanks to the SWFA team and to the Snipers Hide folks.

Thank you SWFA and Frank for putting together such a good group buy. This scope is what I've been looking for, new to this type of shooting and have been needing better optics. I figure if it doesn't make 10,000 likes I can buy a set of rings with some of the $500.00 I saved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XxMerlinxX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just want to know if the HD's glass is really going to be all that. There are a ton of SS cheerleaders that say the glass in the regular line is clear and bright, but of the two that I've looked through, both left me much less than impressed. </div></div>

The HD glass is much better than you would expect for the price, in my experiance. The top photo is of a 7 1/2" group shot at 700 yards using the SS 1-4X24 HD set on four power. The rifle is a LMT MWS using M118LR. The next photo is the same target with a second group.
[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimg]
[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimg]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...or are we the optimists, vs the procrastinators? i was really hoping to get in on the rings for the 10,000 likes... which is still plausible. </div></div>

Magic 8 ball says "not likely" </div></div>

thus, i ordered mine earlier this week. great deal. great company. great forum here.

Ordered mine on day two of the $500 off code. Anyone have an idea if the first shipment will cover the promotional orders? Just trying to get a feel on the wait time. Thanks

As of right now we have enough coming to cover all the orders that have been placed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of right now we have enough coming to cover all the orders that have been placed. </div></div>Approximately how many more can be ordered before they go on back order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of right now we have enough coming to cover all the orders that have been placed. </div></div>

THIS ...for the WIN!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of right now we have enough coming to cover all the orders that have been placed. </div></div>

Thank you for confirming
laugh.gif

What kind of rings or mount would be good for this. Right now this will be going on my only AR. But when I save up for it, it will end up on a Remington 700 in a 308. Is there a set of rings or a mount that would work for both? I was thinking of a LaRue mount so I can switch it out between my Aimpont, and then go with regular rings once I get the Rem700. What do you guys think?

I placed my order 3 days ago after seeing the frenzy and not wanting to be too low on the wait list (if there was going to be one).
Do you guys think that the demand for this scope is largely based on the $1000 price tag or do you think that they will be just as popular once they go to the $1500 mark?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i'm certain i'll be happy, so long as i don't have to wait too long to get my scope.
frown.gif
</div></div>
Since I traded my scope in on this, I hope the wait is very short. Right now I have a rifle with no scope/sights

I hope I got included in the first batch.

I almost traded in my current scope on this deal but decided to hang onto it just incase... If everything goes as planned it'll be in the for sale section in a couple weeks.

Just ordered mine as well. Too good an offer to pass up. After shooting the SS 10x scope out to 1,000 yards this should be even better. regards, Dale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomstick308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I placed my order 3 days ago after seeing the frenzy and not wanting to be too low on the wait list (if there was going to be one).
Do you guys think that the demand for this scope is largely based on the $1000 price tag or do you think that they will be just as popular once they go to the $1500 mark? </div></div>

it's provacative. it's new. there is a group buy frenzy. there is a nice cut in price. i'm guessing it will still sell, even at $1500 once the (presumably) rave reviews come rolling in. i'm guessing it'll go on sale every now and again as well. i'm sure it'll be a hit. now, and into the foreseeable future.

i'm new to the hide. when i venture into older threads of past group buys i do get a sense i missed out and feel jealous a bit. but then i read the positive reviews and i know i gotta bite the bullet and purchase at the current price. dang... what an expensive hobby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomstick308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does SWFA usually offer on scope trades? 50%??? </div></div>

It all really depends on what your trading and the condition its in. Submit an appraisal form and include a couple photos.

If sent in during working hours your normally given a very quick response, also with VERY fair offers. It's a great program to take advantage of.

Ok, I am lost. I have tried reading through the pages but there is so damn many. How do I actually buy the the scope? I can't find it on their website and there is no link that I found. Am I being totally stupid on this?

you're being totally stupid on this... it's on the website... check out as normal, but enter the coupon code "Hide500"

SWFA,

Can you post the cut off date for the 500.00 off. I want to make sure I get my order in. Waiting on payday.

Thanks

I am thinking about buying one of these for my MATEN 308 however I am not sure I want to drop $1000. Since I just dropped $2000 on the build LOL. I will need a set of rings and was thinking on getting the burris PEPR are something cheaper now to save a few bucks there. Is the larue are the bobro worth the extra $ are can I get by? Also what would be the next best option for a scope for the $? The PST is $800 and it is prob the next best option but I would buy the SS for $200 no doubt. What would be next below that? I am using this for a hunting rifle hogs and deer some shots are out to 400 but some are 40yds. I shoot also shoot at a range out to 800. O decisions decisions LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA,

Can you post the cut off date for the 500.00 off. I want to make sure I get my order in. Waiting on payday.

Thanks </div></div>

Really? It's only one page back!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The time limit to reach 10,000 is 30 days from when the promo started (May 13 - June 12).

Each coupon also expires 30 days from when it is activated.

If we hit 5,000 today the $500.00 off coupon will be activated and it will expire on June 16.

Scopes won't be here until sometime in June so there is no benefit from ordering now with the existing coupon code.

Once you order it is a done deal. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CPOUTLAW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking about buying one of these for my MATEN 308 however I am not sure I want to drop $1000. Since I just dropped $2000 on the build LOL. I will need a set of rings and was thinking on getting the burris PEPR are something cheaper now to save a few bucks there. Is the larue are the bobro worth the extra $ are can I get by? Also what would be the next best option for a scope for the $? The PST is $800 and it is prob the next best option but I would buy the SS for $200 no doubt. What would be next below that? I am using this for a hunting rifle hogs and deer some shots are out to 400 but some are 40yds. I shoot also shoot at a range out to 800. O decisions decisions LOL</div></div>

Is this a serious post ? If it is can some real sentences be uses to make some sense here.

So true, so true Greywolf. I have been there and done that, I've been all the above.

Just placed my order too. I can't see this hitting 10K likes in 3 weeks, and I want to be sure I'm part of the initial shipment. I was going to buy 2, but I want to buy a cam for the goat. Too many hobbies, not enough money.

Thanks SWFA and Frank!

I just want to throw out a very nice "Thank You" to Vortex Optics. They are standup enough to even click on the "LIKE" for Sniper's Hide for the SWFA Group Buy.

I also want everyone to know, that if it hadn't been for the SWFA superb price on this group buy, I would be looking through a PST right now.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are scheduled to be on an airplane heading this way May 30th. </div></div>

May 30th is almost here. Hopefully this is still the plan and customs doesn't get a wild hair.

All I really needed to hear... Will move my cursor to the left (or to the right as it turns out) click on the SWFA site and place my order. Thanks!

Easy order to complete. 500 off coupon worked. Now to find some affordable rings!!