• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard from someone highly placed at SWFA, I'm not gonna say who, but they were worried about the shipment being hijacked by Leupold or possibly S&B on its way from Japan and most of you might not get your scopes for at least 9 months when the third batch shows up. Chris and I were talking via email and luckily he had a second special shipment sent early, the mods and I are getting some of those, but the rest of you, might very well be shit out of luck for a while. Really, I was like no way, and my source was like, dude, seriously, hijacked, Leupold, waiting at the docks, although with the precision of the operation, I suspect <span style="font-weight: bold">Germans</span> were somehow to blame. But that is me.

</div></div>

My guess is Nihilists.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really, I was like no way, and my source was like, dude, seriously, hijacked, Leupold, waiting at the docks, although with the precision of the operation, I suspect Germans were somehow to blame. But that is me.</div></div>

I can't say much more due to OPSEC, but early reports are quite interesting. Apparently Delta Team Leupy was using the SS 1-4's on their CQC guns....of course the scopes were blacked out, but apparently the masters of Krylon forgot to spray over the SWFA logo on their Bobro mounts. Rookie mistake.

Just ordered mine today and they said that the reason for the delay was the fault of ....................President Bush. lol

Couldn't resist he is blamed for everything else.

Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krlemas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered mine today and they said that the reason for the delay was the fault of ....................President Bush. lol

Couldn't resist he is blamed for everything else.

Ken </div></div>

I thought that statute of limitations being able to blame him was over?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't say much more due to OPSEC, but early reports are quite interesting. Apparently Delta Team Leupy was using the SS 1-4's on their CQC guns....of course the scopes were blacked out, but apparently the masters of Krylon forgot to spray over the SWFA logo on their Bobro mounts. Rookie mistake. </div></div>

Appearantly during the raid they also stole a large shipment of heavy flow tampons because it seems like there are some folks around here that are suffering from a bleeding vagina.
smile.gif

Am I going to be in the first shipment? Why are the scopes so late? Are these tampons gonna leak?

[/quote]Maybe I shouldn't have gone that far but my point is, no one is doing anyone a "favor" here and the only thing I keep hearing that's <span style="font-style: italic">rediculous</span> is the notion that we're all just freekin lucky to be alive becuase SWFA is <span style="font-style: italic">selling</span> this scope.
I'll be "impressed" when mine arrives. [/quote]

I know the point you were getting at, and I agree.

I asked swfa where I was at in line and they wouldn't tell me. Kinda erks me a bit but whatever(don't know why wouldn't they release that info)

They have my business and they should appreciate that. I haven't received a scope yet but I am anticipating appreciation for a great deal.

One last thing, Thanks LL and all the other guys that made this a potential kick ass deal!

Not sure how some of you guys are getting at SWFA does not appreciate our business. Of course they do, they have amazing CS and bend over backwards to show appreciation and make customers happy.

Just because some of us are excited and appreciate the deal in now way lessens that. Those of us who have been using SS HD scopes for a while know what kind of a deal this is.

Some people and your freaking entitlement issues.
Loco.gif

I'm lucky in that I am local to SWFA. I live about 20 minutes away and grabbed on one of the "kit" deals a cpl weeks back (SS-HD 1-4X24). I have to say that they were above and beyond in CS, spending over 45minutes setting up my Galil with the scope and also trying to fit a Valmet. I called this morning to order the 5-20 and was told that they could not give me an exact date but that it would "probably be a cpl of weeks" and that my CC would not charge till it was in for me to pick up. These guys have a stellar rep. and I'm sure, based on my experience, the scopes will be well worth the wait!

Homeland Security just emailed this surveillance photo, it doesn't look good for those guys still waiting!

But don't worry, I'm still told by SWFA that the next "un-hijacked" batch will beat the S&B 3-20 to market
wink.gif
Sorry, had to throw that in there.

ay7gk9.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't say much more due to OPSEC, but early reports are quite interesting. Apparently Delta Team Leupy was using the SS 1-4's on their CQC guns....of course the scopes were blacked out, but apparently the masters of Krylon forgot to spray over the SWFA logo on their Bobro mounts. Rookie mistake. </div></div>

Appearantly during the raid they also stole a large shipment of heavy flow tampons because it seems like there are some folks around here that are suffering from a bleeding vagina.
smile.gif

Am I going to be in the first shipment? Why are the scopes so late? Are these tampons gonna leak? </div></div>

If its not the bleeding vagina its the bleeding ass hole
laugh.gif
either way can't always make everyone happy. Like TheOneTwo stated its not that we are now worshiping SWFA but showing appreciation that they gave us a $500 off deal.

Also if anyone on this forum can come here and post what scope company out of the hundreds out there do mark up the scope like crazy. You think that S&B, USO, March, Premier, NF, Vortex, IOR, Bushnell, Weaver, Leupold and what ever other scopes you can think of is not a crazy marked up scope you are mistaking. If you think I'm wrong prove it.

Aron-

I am gonna order two of them tomorrow and will wait patiently and quietly for them.

I don't give a crap how well SWFA makes out on selling this scope. I hope they do EXTREMELY well on this scope. I have given them my business for years, and will continue to do so. The simple fact that SWFA has been giving us excellent scopes at awesome price points is the reason they are as strong as they are in the scope market. Come on people... get a grip!! Business is business, and NOBODY can do ANYTHING for FREE!!

This group buy is giving me a chance to finally get back into some high-end glass without costing twice as much!!

If you don't want to buy the scope because you are afraid that SWFA "MIGHT" make some money off the sales... THEN DON'T BUY THE DAMN THING AND MOVE ON!!!!!!!!

Go bitch about a FREE $500 somewhere else..... sheeeez.

DK (Rat rant mode off)

If it competes with 1500-2000$ scopes and they sell it at 1000$ I don't care if it costs them 1$ to make. I have nothing wrong with a company getting paid for the service they provide. If it's a 1500$ scope that competes with a 750$ scope, then that's a different issue.

The HD glass alone will be worth more than $750... non issue I would imagine. You are close enough to run down I-35 to get a look at one first hand as soon as they come in.

I will be back down in Texas pretty soon, probably before my scope gets here. If they have them in, you can bet I will be stopping by and giving one a good "fondling"...

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a good laugh out of that.

I honestly expected this to take the turn all things that become popular on the internet do. Lots of excitement, then the belly-achers roll in.

Personally I'm just hoping my scope arrives before the coupon expires because I'd like to evaluate it before I put in an order for one or two more. </div></div>

I'm with you on this entire statement. I have 2 coming that I ordered the day the $500 coupon activated. probably won't get it before the coupon expired, but it would be nice. Pretty sure I'm going to slide in one more, possibly 2 before the end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZeroDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Easy order to complete. 500 off coupon worked. Now to find some affordable rings!! </div></div>

Do yourself a HUGE favor, don't go the cheap route on this kind of glass... just sayin.

I highly recommend Seekins!!

DK </div></div>
thanks, affordable, not cheap. Seekins sound great, or maybe Badgers in the classified if I can find some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only slightly off topic...and for those of you who have already ordered- I am going to be going on vacation soon for two weeks. I am going to order one of these but I am not certain of where it can be shipped? Will SWFA ask for separate billing and shipping addresses? Lastly, do they allow for insurance in the shipping with an online purchase? Thanks for the help. </div></div>
I am shipping to another address, my Dad's as he is semi retired and will likely be home to recieve the package. Wasn't hard to do that on the website at checkout.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure how some of you guys are getting at SWFA does not appreciate our business. Of course they do, they have amazing CS and bend over backwards to show appreciation and make customers happy.

Just because some of us are excited and appreciate the deal in now way lessens that. Those of us who have been using SS HD scopes for a while know what kind of a deal this is.

Some people and your freaking entitlement issues.
Loco.gif
</div></div>

Very well stated. I've used three different SS HD scopes. I own one SS 1-4 HD, two SS 3-9X42 and one older 10X. I'll be ordering one of the 5-20 without any concerns. This is a great offer and I hope SWFA and the Hide reach their goals with it. This should be a win win deal. With some people they don't win unless somebody looses.

I’ll most likely be getting one. I don’t think it’s going to go to 1000 but I am still going to wait till the last minute. I really don’t know why so many people are so interested in getting the first batch of possibly malfunction scopes. Better to wait and get higher serial numbers after the factory has perfected the process. Plus it could still reach 1000.

waaayyyy of topic here.. After reading Franks post about the online training videos and realizing I STILL don't have an online training subscription. I was curious if there has ever been or talk of a Snipershide online training group buy??

Seeing how well this SWFA/Snipershide venture went I could only imagine....

Ordered one last night.....Thanks SWFA and Frank for putting this together.

Yea I am too. I don't know how the pst guys could do it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I traded my scope in on this, I hope the wait is very short. Right now I have a rifle with no scope/sights </div></div>

I'm in the same boat...with a big batch of new ammo! (Fingers crossed)

You made a good point on the cost of the NXS vs. the SS HD, and I did decide to order the SS after thinking about it some more. The fact that you cannot get an NXS with FFP in anything larger than the 3.5-15 right now is also a concern. I have never see or used a SS scope in my life, but I have read just about every post on here and it seems like the people who have them, love them.

Now to quitely play the waiting game...I don't want anyone to point out my "bleeding vagina" or anything like that. I'm new to the hide, and have been thoroughly entertained thus far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bosulli</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered mine yesterday. Was just about to get a Nightforce, but I have had success with SS, and $1,200 price diff will buy alot reloading supplies.

Hope I was able to get in on the first shipment. Guy at SWFA said they were about to cut off orders for the first shipment.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbeckwith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now to quitely play the waiting game...I don't want anyone to point out my "bleeding vagina" or anything like that. I'm new to the hide, and have been thoroughly entertained thus far.</div></div>

First off... Welcome to the Hide!! Secondly... playing it quietly is probably the best bet around here... LOL!!

DK

Woooo, Ahhhh...how did I miss this thread? Awesome deal for a $1000 if it ever happens...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woooo, Ahhhh...how did I miss this thread? Awesome deal for a $1000 if it ever happens... </div></div>

Uhhhhhhhhhh, it *has* happened.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woooo, Ahhhh...how did I miss this thread? Awesome deal for a $1000 if it ever happens... </div></div>

Uhhhhhhhhhh, it *has* happened.</div></div>

Another case of really bad amnesia
laugh.gif
thats all.

Aron-

Well, looks like I get to watch on as another great deal passes by without me!
cry.gif
I've made the decision to pass on this amazing deal in order to pay down some debt. In order to pick this up I would have had to max out my cards, and since I'm already paying a decent amount each month to dig myself out of this hole I got into during my almost 7 months of unemployment last year, I get to be the adult I should be and pay those debts down instead of playing. Doh! Man, sometimes being an adult really blows! I'll keep following this out of interest, however, and maybe I can pick up a used one from somebody when they upgrade.

Glad to have "helped out" with the 5K votes, and I still wish to extend a big Thank You to Frank and SWFA for their efforts. You guys are great, I don't care what the others say...
wink.gif

I ordered mine tonight and don't care if it is on the first shipment or the second. It did however make me pass on the 3-9X42. Maybe I'll get it ordered before the group buy runs out on that one.

Patiently waiting. I work 2 jobs and have 1 full day off per week so I don't have time to get sand in my vag...

Just ordered mine tonight. I don't care if it's in the second shipment, it'll be worth the wait. Sucks to have to wait, but, as they say, "Embrace the suck".
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Basher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and maybe I can pick up a used one from somebody when they upgrade.</div></div>

This IS my upgrade... Mine ain't goin NOWHERE!!

DK

Just placed my order hope it's at home by time I get back from Germany in three months. Thanks SWFA and Sniper's Hide for the awesome deal!

This may have been said already, but is this really going to go back to $1499 when this deal is over? Not that I'm planning on selling, but I try and figure residual value and depreciation into my purchases. And yes I appreciate this opportunity for a deal etc... Was just wondering because if its always on sale it could effect value.

I want to get an IOTA for this scope, but I need to know the BC # of the Butler Creek caps that it takes before I can order. Anyone know?

Thanks

u can click the option to include the caps with the scope...

When is the deal over? I know it says 30 day, but from when? I may have missed it somewhere in here...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: valentin_84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When is the deal over? I know it says 30 day, but from when? I may have missed it somewhere in here... </div></div>

I believe it is over on June 17.

That's the same date I have read....17th is last day for the $500 off.

Last day for it to reach the 10K and possibly get the free rings is the 12th.....doesn't look good.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oakfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to get an IOTA for this scope, but I need to know the BC # of the Butler Creek caps that it takes before I can order. Anyone know?

Thanks</div></div>

You can just click the option to add the butler creek caps for $15.99. It's right below the option for the Mil-Dot Master on the right side of the screen below the price and add to cart option.

I know this was mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I got to page 10 and started to drone...

What height rings am I gonna need for this? It's going on an FN action from CDNN with the Near base and a Light Palma barrel.

thanks in advance....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oakfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to get an IOTA for this scope, but I need to know the BC # of the Butler Creek caps that it takes before I can order. Anyone know?

Thanks</div></div>

You can just click the option to add the butler creek caps for $15.99. It's right below the option for the Mil-Dot Master on the right side of the screen below the price and add to cart option. </div></div>

Yup, I ordered the caps at the same time I ordered the scope, but in speaking to Chuck, he wants to know the BC# for those caps, since he puts the lens in a cap that is one size larger, so that it is easier to put on/off.

I've managed to get eight more people to like their page, I am hoping they will hit 10,000 because I would like the rings as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I kinda feel bad I pushed all you to buy these scopes only to be left high and dry for so long, but after a few beers, I was like, fuck it, I got mine, and I don't know those people. Still, it's a great scope, I was shooting it yesterday with my GAP10, and it was hammering, totally spanked the target. Some days I envy those who have to wait for stuff, I think it teaches a valuable lesson not being able to just "get" stuff, without waiting. You guys are truly blessed in that regards. </div></div>
Dalai Lama? Is that you?