• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Placed my order today. I was holding out and hoping for the free rings but it doesn't look good. Now waiting patiently for my T2A and scope.

OK, that's it. I give up. My order goes in tomorrow. LL's statement concerning "valuable lessons" is more than my OCD an tolerate. I'm not too old to learn but I'm way too old for valuable character "lessons." This is the hundredth post, the big century. It's a good thing because I will have to sell one of two perfectly good scopes sitting in boxes to buy the SS. Wait, maybe I'll buy two new rifles and then there will only be one scope sitting in a box. Ah yes, that's a vastly superior solution. I told you I wasn't too old to learn.

Joined the club today as well..not sure how I'm gonna 'splain this package when the big brown truck makes its stop...
eek.gif
... now if I only had a hundred posts I could...oh well!

I'm NOT asking *when* they are currently predicted to arrive--the first shipment at least.

What I want to know is something AFTER 5/27/11, when all orders up to that date were covered by the number of scopes in the presumably-already-boxed-up-and-should-be-here-by-airfreight first shipment.

No answer to the question.

So what is it? All orders up to 5/29 are covered? 5/31? 6/1/11? Inquiring minds want to know, and the good-guys PR capital of being up front as of 5/27 is now rapidly being depleted, if not already fully spent.

I understand that "allocating" every single expected scope to an existing order would be a mistake because of the "oops, and empty box" potential, so building a bit of "cushion" into the quote of going backwards 5-10 units makes sense.

Next question is, WHEN is the *second* shipment expected to leave Japan?

This would become a Vortex Viper PST debacle IF and ONLY if QC problems unexpectedly arose with this first shipment AND the follow-up shipment(s) became infuriatingly slow to materialize.

But to repeat that portion of the PST debacle traceable ONLY to the endless shipping delays would be bad enough, all by itself. A smaller problem, but potentially a problem nonetheless.

So, to repeat it and I believe these are two reasonable questions which I cannot find answered anywhere so far:

1. What is the order cut-off date for Shipment 1 covering all orders received by that date? and

2. When is Shipment #2 currently scheduled to arrive? Yes, I know this is subject to change, but I trust that SS is smart enough to under-promise and over-deliver.

We don't really know if the first shipment has left Japan. No one has said anything other than they were scheduled to leave on 5/30, so I doubt you will get the info you seek. I would not expect a PST debacle out of SWFA. My guess is you will learn more about the second shipment, once the first shipment gets here and is shipped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buddy32</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I kinda feel bad I pushed all you to buy these scopes only to be left high and dry for so long, but after a few beers, I was like, fuck it, I got mine, and I don't know those people. Still, it's a great scope, I was shooting it yesterday with my GAP10, and it was hammering, totally spanked the target. Some days I envy those who have to wait for stuff, I think it teaches a valuable lesson not being able to just "get" stuff, without waiting. You guys are truly blessed in that regards. </div></div>
Dalai Lama? Is that you? </div></div>

"'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We don't really know if the first shipment has left Japan. No one has said anything other than they were scheduled to leave on 5/30, so I doubt you will get the info you seek. I would not expect a PST debacle out of SWFA. My guess is you will learn more about the second shipment, once the first shipment gets here and is shipped. </div></div>

I placed my order a couple weeks ago so I figured calling SWFA today to ask for an ETA was not out of line. I spoke with Dan who told me "the scopes are expected to be in country around the end of the month, then they have to clear customs". Of course this is only a guess as they probably have little control over the situation. But at least I can stop checking my CC website as soon as I get home from work every day hoping to see the SS charge posted since it looks like it may still be a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bayou</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We don't really know if the first shipment has left Japan. No one has said anything other than they were scheduled to leave on 5/30, so I doubt you will get the info you seek. I would not expect a PST debacle out of SWFA. My guess is you will learn more about the second shipment, once the first shipment gets here and is shipped. </div></div>

I placed my order a couple weeks ago so I figured calling SWFA today to ask for an ETA was not out of line. I spoke with Dan who told me "the scopes are expected to be in country around the end of the month, then they have to clear customs". Of course this is only a guess as they probably have little control over the situation. But at least I can stop checking my CC website as soon as I get home from work every day hoping to see the SS charge posted since it looks like it may still be a while. </div></div>Sounds like it could be awhile for the first shipment. The first shipment must not be leaving the country for several days. Time to be patient - this means stop reading all of the good reviews by those who got an early sample.

Thanks SWFA, Frank and this lovely forum for setting this up.
smile.gif

Looks like i got on the boat a little late.

Just ordered the SWFA SS HD 5-20!
laugh.gif

Of course, I just ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 FFP a week ago.

Haha looks like i'm in for a wait for either scope.
frown.gif

Waiting can be fun though! The anticipation! The excitement!
laugh.gif

Welcome aboard hk_dave yes waiting has good side and bad
laugh.gif

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gopherslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Patiently waiting. I work 2 jobs and have 1 full day off per week so I don't have time to get sand in my vag...</div></div>

Classic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember, these are set to leave Japan on the 30th. I would think they would be state side by the June 1st with a short stay in customs, then a couple of days to SWFA, then in ours hands a few days after that.

As SWFA stated, customs is the wild card and I have no idea what a short, or long stay in customs means. </div></div>
From your post, I had concluded that someone knew that these were being sent air freight, and has informed you of that.

After all, I thought so too, since SWFA posted this on 5/18:
<span style="color: #FF0000">They are scheduled to be on an airplane heading this way May 30th.</span>

Looks like not so, as we have this report from yesterday:

<span style="color: #FF0000">I placed my order a couple weeks ago so I figured calling SWFA today to ask for an ETA was not out of line. I spoke with Dan who told me "the scopes are expected to be in country around the end of the month, then they have to clear customs"</span>.

So, "end of the month" = about three more weeks, sounds a LOT more like slow-boat than an airplane. Unless someone is incapable of scheduling air freight after the 5/30/2011 delay... I don't think Japan "does" Memorial Day like we do on that date.

I wish SWFA would chime in here and give us the scoop. It wasn't me who raised expectations about this first shipment which covers all orders up to 5/27 (and perhaps some later order date) being in SWFA's hands this week and getting shipped out ASAP.

Keeo in mind swfa expected to get alot of scopes in the first shipment. To their regret, they only got a handful. Just enough to get some out for review. Sounds like the supplier/manufacturer may uave altered their schedule.

Very possible the high interest warranted them adding to their inital shipment. Im in no hurry they will get there when they get here.

Grump - I was just going by what SWFA posted (that the first shipment was scheduled to go out 5/30). They haven't said much since that date has passed. I'll happily wait for mine, as it seems like it will be longer than originally anticipated.

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Update</span></span>

Dan mis-spoke, he was so used to saying they are scheduled to ship at the end of the month (I think he even says it in his sleep)that he forgot the month changed.

The first shipment was scheduled to be in the air on the 30th and we missed that because of a delay in receiving the production battery caps.

We are turning them out as quickly as possible without compromising quality. These are very difficult scopes to manufacture due to the location of the reticle in the one piece tube, being 30mm adds to the difficulty. Our tolerance ranges are also much narrower than most manufacturers.

The first batch is ready to go and is waiting for the flight schedule to be finalized, we are shooting for Thursday the 9th.

We are paying extra for the air freight vs slow boat to get them in your hands as quick as possible. We've also instructed the factory to not wait until the scheduled amount for the next shipments is achieved and to ship them in smaller lots as soon as they are made and pass inspection.

We did have a small sample batch of ten flown in for our inspection, since it’s cheaper to fly the scopes here than fly us to the scopes. We sent out three and now have seven that we don't know what to do with.

Popcorn.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Update</span></span>

Dan mis-spoke, he was so used to saying they are scheduled to ship at the end of the month (I think he even says it in his sleep)that he forgot the month changed.

The first shipment was scheduled to be in the air on the 30th and we missed that because of a delay in receiving the production battery caps.

We are turning them out as quickly as possible without compromising quality. These are very difficult scopes to manufacture due to the location of the reticle in the one piece tube, being 30mm adds to the difficulty. Our tolerance ranges are also much narrower than most manufacturers.

The first batch is ready to go and is waiting for the flight schedule to be finalized, we are shooting for Thursday the 9th.

We are paying extra for the air freight vs slow boat to get them in your hands as quick as possible. We've also instructed the factory to not wait until the scheduled amount for the next shipments is achieved and to ship them in smaller lots as soon as they are made and pass inspection.

We did have a small sample batch of ten flown in for our inspection, since it’s cheaper to fly the scopes here than fly us to the scopes. We sent out three and <span style="color: #FF0000">now have seven that we don't know what to do with.</span>

Popcorn.gif

</div></div>

Have LL run them through his tannerite testing.
grin.gif

I'm not at the top of the list, but I would be happy to help you out and get one of those scopes out of your way. Don't want you to have any clutter in your storage space...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Update</span></span>

We did have a small sample batch of ten flown in for our inspection, since it’s cheaper to fly the scopes here than fly us to the scopes. <span style="font-weight: bold">We sent out three and now have seven that we don't know what to do with.</span>

Popcorn.gif

</div></div>

Oh, I think I could find some use for at least one of them...and I'm sure some others could too haha.

Thanks for the update! So long as it's there next month while I'm at the house, I'll be a happy man. It's a lot easier to wait when you're overseas, but I'm a patient man anyhow.

The real question now is how many people are going to start bitching when they don't have a tracking number on the 10th?
laugh.gif

I take a production sample to play with while waiting for mine to arrive, even though I dont have a rifle to put it on.

It's so nice seeing everyone offering one of the poor seven orphans a home....

I of course would be willing to add myself to that list
grin.gif

Thanks for the update, SWFA!
If it makes it before the father's day these will make alot of dads happy!
laugh.gif

Thanks for trying to get these scopes soon!

Thank you for the update , we all appreciate it very much . Maybe a lottery for those of us waiting , and we promise to get quick glowing reviews in on the new optic . Of course I say that , because I waited till it hit the 500 off point to order . Any way thanks for keeping us posted , and I'm sure most of us rather wait and have them done right the first time .

Don't suppose anybody knows how many that first shipment consisted of, 50-500-5000? Or if they will at least have enough to fill all the outstanding orders? Just curious.

Send them out to the first 7 on the list.

CanPopper has some nice videos, that is a good option too.

Plus one on the lottery. I was way late to this dance. But I couldnt resist when it hit the $500 off.

Thanks for the update SWFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send them out to the first 7 on the list.

CanPopper has some nice videos, that is a good option too. </div></div>

This ^ that is if you’re not keeping any for your own personal enjoyment.

LOL, it was beginning to sound like that cash settlement commercial “It’s my money and I need it now!”

Thanks for the update SWFA! Mine will get here when they get here.
wink.gif

OK so it back to checking my CC website as soon as I get home from work to see if the SWFA charge got posted.

I'll take one of those lovely 7! It'll go well with the one i just ordered... and the other i'll order if we hit 10,000.
laugh.gif

You send my scope now I send you Long Time LBFM. Ring the bell make the girls happy.

z_gentlemans_club.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Homeland Security just emailed this surveillance photo, it doesn't look good for those guys still waiting!

But don't worry, I'm still told by SWFA that the next "un-hijacked" batch will beat the S&B 3-20 to market
wink.gif
Sorry, had to throw that in there.

ay7gk9.jpg
</div></div>

ALL YOUR SCOPE ARE BELONG TO US....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ALL YOUR SCOPE ARE BELONG TO US.... </div></div>

Classic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Homeland Security just emailed this surveillance photo, it doesn't look good for those guys still waiting!

But don't worry, I'm still told by SWFA that the next "un-hijacked" batch will beat the S&B 3-20 to market
wink.gif
Sorry, had to throw that in there.

ay7gk9.jpg
</div></div>

ALL YOUR SCOPE ARE BELONG TO US....</div></div>

ROFL
laugh.gif

Thank you for the update. It is greatly appreciated.

Of course, I'm also willing to offer a good home to one of those 7 orphans.

They had enough to order as long as you ordered before the 27th of May, IIRC. After that date, the orders will come second batch.

Ok, I'm in for two from the second batch...any estimated date on the second batch?

Thanks to the Hide and swfa for creating this deal, I'm going to be buying one of these soon. I have a 10x and a 3x9 SS and I really like both of them (HD glass is going to be new to me!).

I read through the last several pages looking for the last date that the $500 off will work and I didn't see it, does anyone know?

17th Look a little further.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recce556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I'm in for two from the second batch...any estimated date on the second batch? </div></div>

id like to know too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You send my scope now I send you Long Time LBFM. Ring the bell make the girls happy.

z_gentlemans_club.jpg

</div></div>

The Neepa Hut? I went through jungle training at Clark in '82...

wink.gif

No fair, I didn't bring any home with me....

Well, I think we need to make it a bit hotter in here and start posting some scope porn as they begin to arrive!! I know for a fact that I will be posting when I get Jazmine's BOOBJOB mounted up most ricky-tick!!

DK