• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Willl definitely be posting mine up once it arrives. I'm wondering if my GG&G rings are a bit too tall though. There's about an inch and a half of clearance right now with my 10x42HD between the object and barrel..

Alright...been eyeballing this deal since the beginning. Got on board just a bit ago, bought two. Anyone have any idea of how many have been ordered, total?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright...been eyeballing this deal since the beginning. Got on board just a bit ago, bought two. Anyone have any idea of how many have been ordered, total?
</div></div>

No one knows, but I estimate the first batch might be 400 units. But this is not much more than a guess.

I just ordered one, and I'm seriously thinking about getting a 2nd. If I did that I'd be about covered for all the rifles I need to re-scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You send my scope now I send you Long Time LBFM. Ring the bell make the girls happy.

z_gentlemans_club.jpg

</div></div>

Dude, PI flashbacks.

My across shit-river mission count was in the "to many to count" range, though I only made it up to Clark once. (I was riding an SSN's back in the 80s)

Thought about it awhile and took the plunge yesterday for two. Not sure what the wait will be, but the rifles aren't together yet so I don't mind.

Today the wifes's transmission went out and the estimate is $2700. Spendy week......

Saleen

You can't catch a break bud.

Ordered today, may not have made the first batch but sure it will be worth the wait.

Thanks to all for arranging this deal.

Jim

After Jon's write up and LL's comments, I had to give this a try.
Now the wait begins.

If I had the funds I would definitely pull the trigger on another one. I guess one will have to do for now, besides, if I get another one it will mean spending even more money to get a rifle to put beneath it.

SWFA... how do you plan on shipping the scopes to us?? I am going to be down in Texas for a few over Father's Day. If you are planning on shipping them vis UPS, I will need to let my driver know not to leave it on my porch.

This is a nice quiet little town... but I don't wanna take any chances of anything happening to this BADASS NEW GLASS!!

Thanks!!

DK

p.s. I will be there from the 17th through the 21st by the way... if you have it, I would rather just pick it up myself!!

Just put my order in for 1. 10,000 likes didn't happen, but its still a great deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the first time I've seen any deals on the Super Sniper line. There is also a deal on some other models but not all
http://www.opticstalk.com/extensive-swfass-group-buy-incredible-savings_topic28845.html
and there have just been new reticles released in the 3-9 and 10HD that are similar to the one in the 5-20.
http://www.opticstalk.com/new-reticles-for-the-swfa-39x42-ss-and-10x42hd_topic29312.html </div></div>

Nice but i think biggest bang for buck is still the 5-20x50

When does the hide discount end? Trying to find the date is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lafayette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When does the hide discount end? Trying to find the date is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks</div></div>

Pretty sure it is the 17th of this month

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lafayette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When does the hide discount end? Trying to find the date is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks</div></div>

Pretty sure it is the 17th of this month </div></div>

10 4 Thanks

Well, I say we're due for an update from SWFA by tomorrow.

Especially since the "batch" of whatever number was *scheduled* to go out Thursday and the world of shipping rarely stops for weekends.

Aren't the battery caps one of the LAST things to go on?

"Just in time" inventory control ISN'T.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Update</span></span>

Dan mis-spoke, he was so used to saying they are scheduled to ship at the end of the month (I think he even says it in his sleep)that he forgot the month changed.

The first shipment was scheduled to be in the air on the 30th and we missed that because of a delay in receiving the production battery caps.

We are turning them out as quickly as possible without compromising quality. These are very difficult scopes to manufacture due to the location of the reticle in the one piece tube, being 30mm adds to the difficulty. Our tolerance ranges are also much narrower than most manufacturers.

The first batch is ready to go and is waiting for the flight schedule to be finalized, we are shooting for Thursday the 9th.

We are paying extra for the air freight vs slow boat to get them in your hands as quick as possible. We've also instructed the factory to not wait until the scheduled amount for the next shipments is achieved and to ship them in smaller lots as soon as they are made and pass inspection.

We did have a small sample batch of ten flown in for our inspection, since it’s cheaper to fly the scopes here than fly us to the scopes. We sent out three and now have seven that we don't know what to do with.

Popcorn.gif

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Tactical_Tom
So if I order mine today what are the changes of having it by next Monday.</div></div>

I would say 0% and I'm 100 % sure of this. There are quite a few people that ordered in the first shipment and it was stated a week or two ago that the first shipment is already full. So you will most likely be on the second shipment.

Aron-

I hope that is not the case. I ordered mine the first day we hit 5,000 and I also have a status of back ordered.

^^ that might be because the scope haven't arrived here at SWFA. I'm sure if SWFA started shipping we would know about it for sure.

Aron-

I'm doubting they have left Japan yet, or we would probably would have heard something.

i'm checking this thread daily for laughs.

are they here yet?
mine says backordered....
will it be available in pink?
can i get it by tomorrow?
have they shipped yet?
when will they ship?
will it come with a fluffy teddy bear?
blush.gif

are they here yet?

By the way, is there going to be a sunshade for it?
(seriously i would like a sunshade)

LOL, the degree of anticipation in this thread is high.

The rifle my scope is destined for is probably still 5 weeks away from deliver, but still I want the scope now
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Felderthewelder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may get a sunshade but it will only be available in lime-puce-magenta camouflage. </div></div>
Thats funny right there now!

But do you think it will clash with a Lilac stock? ROFL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if I order mine today what are the changes of having it by next Monday. </div></div>

Ha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oakfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, the degree of anticipation in this thread is high.
</div></div>

In my case, I traded in my current scope for this. So now I am scopeless.

I had not realized at the time they were not in stock. Oops.

I sold both my scopes for two of these. So ya I'm scopeless as well. However the fact that I saved $1000 makes me not whine bitch and moan like some others around here. I can wait until they show up.

I planned on trading up for this as well but decided against it incase the wait was a little longer than intially expected.

I contacted swfa today about the new 10HD and asked about the first shipment thing. They did not understand where the first shipment thing came from. So we all my be surprized on the number of scopes they ship out once they have them instock.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JAAM12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I contacted swfa today about the new 10HD and asked about the first shipment thing. They did not understand where the first shipment thing came from. So we all my be surprized on the number of scopes they ship out once they have them instock.

John</div></div>

They said the same thing to me last week.

Did they give you a date they are expecting them?
I swear they told me the 9th but I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe they have to process them before they go out and it takes a little time?

I can understand the anticipation but some of you guys need to relax. Also, don't ever build a custom rifle either. You have to wait on those parts also....just sayin' Go get an ice cream cone....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaximumVelocity</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can understand the anticipation but some of you guys need to relax. Also, don't ever build a custom rifle either. You have to wait on those parts also....just sayin' Go get an ice cream cone.... </div></div>

I went to Coldstone last night. I got there at 9:04pm. They were closed. Hadn't started their summer hours yet, sons of bitches. Had to settle for DQ.

My rifle is going on 2 1/2 years now. Still waiting on small things, no big deal. A few weeks for an awesome scope at an awesome deal is no biggy either.

I've got a chassis that's 11 weeks out, a barrel I've been waiting on for 3 months (and it's still about 5 weeks out), NFA paperwork and an action that's about 6 months out. I'm getting fat from the ice cream....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: animalmother85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaximumVelocity</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can understand the anticipation but some of you guys need to relax. Also, don't ever build a custom rifle either. You have to wait on those parts also....just sayin' Go get an ice cream cone.... </div></div>

I went to Coldstone last night. I got there at 9:04pm. They were closed. Hadn't started their summer hours yet, sons of bitches. Had to settle for DQ.
</div></div> Oh the horror!!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> waiting for a stock. </div></div>
I can relate, only my wait is saving funds for my stock. Waiting for the scope to arrive is not an issue for me whatsoever. I will more than likely have it before I have the $$$ to get my stock. Patience is a virtue in my case, albeit not my usual mode of operation.

Waiting patiently, but wondering...will we be notified of the shipment by SWFA, or will it just show up on the doorstep? I'm not one to really keep checking my card or here every day, but I am in "anticipation" mode.

I rather it just show up. That way I won't be stocking the UPS truck.

started my AR308 build on April 2nd of this year by purchasing a MA-TEN receiver set, and almost everything is in. This scope will be one of the final pieces to the build, and I'm glad I got in on the first order.

I just might have to pull the trigger on a second scope before the group buy is over. I just cant help myself.
laugh.gif

I finally ordered one. The wait is no issue. My .308 bolt gun hasn't been pimped out yet.