• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

I'd buy one as soon as he got them. For $1100, that's still a steal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We had one guy with excellent foresight that bought 11, his plan was to sell 10 of them at $1099. each so he would get one for free. </div></div>

Whether it's honorable or not, you have to admit that's a brilliant plan.

I ordered June 7th, I know I stepped up fairly late in the deal.

I just called SWFA (8/Sept - first time since placing the order, i'm usually very patient) and the rep's best answer was "We expect to get some at the end of the month... don't know how many... provided we do our quality control... no eta"

It's a little disappointing that they could offer 0 guidance on what's coming and when.

Any insider guess on what's going on with the 5-20x mfg?

My order number is: 15976x placed for 1 on June 7th. Hoping it shows up before our November DMR match.

Well, my funds finally were ready so I just went ahead and ordered from SWFA. I'm hoping to get it by New Years but I won't really complain.

I'm so thankful SWFA produced such an amazing scope for such a low price. Even without the group buy it's a steal.

+1 for SWFA
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashih313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, my funds finally were ready so I just went ahead and ordered from SWFA. I'm hoping to get it by New Years but I won't really complain.

I'm so thankful SWFA produced such an amazing scope for such a low price. Even without the group buy it's a steal.

+1 for SWFA
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Did you buy it at the $1499 retail price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashih313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, my funds finally were ready so I just went ahead and ordered from SWFA. I'm hoping to get it by New Years but I won't really complain.

+1 for SWFA
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Did you buy it at the $1499 retail price?</div></div>

Yes sir.

^^ I would say SWFA would of post if there is any updates.

Aron-

Like at the end of september, like they have said.

Hunting trip 21 October. Heres hoping anyways
smile.gif

Bright spark that I am, I took my Butler Creek caps off & then left them at the range. Anyone have the BC numbers so that I can reorder.

Thanks

Butler Creek Lens Caps - 19 Eye, 44 Obj

Presumably, this group buy is over?

What were/was the effective date of the group buy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Presumably, this group buy is over?

What were/was the effective date of the group buy?</div></div> It went from mid-May to mid-June and yes, it's over.

The value in the scope is still top of the line. Even at $1500 it is a steal.

Inquired about the scope that I ordered, here is what they said "<span style="color: #3366FF">The last information I was given about the SS 5-20’s is that we are expecting a shipment sometime at the end of this month on into sometime in October. I am not sure of the exact date or the quantity of the shipment. I do apologize but that is the latest information that has been passed down to me</span>." That was 9/21/11. Looks like it is going to be a long wait!

To be quite honest I am not as impressed as all of you.. The lines on the top turret dont line up right. As a matter of fact I'm so unimpressed I'll let mine go for 1200 if you want it. I'll even throw in the seekins med rings with a bubble level too. I'll stick with Vortex

^^^ If you dont have 100 posts you might want to watch out posting stuff for sale. Especially in the scope section and not the Optic Sale section. Just a warning!

Aron-

Sorry I really didn't intend for it to come off as a for sale add. Really all I was really getting at is that if I could just break even I'd pass it on to someone thats been waiting for 4-5 months. Given the extensive back grounds of some of the people praising it and after hearing everyone just rave about how great it is I was expecting the quality of the scope to match. Pleasing members on this sight is no easy feat... Lines not matching up when you have it cranked to the top limits I could deal with somewhat. But not having them line up near the bottom where you set your zero, that shouldn't happen in a $500 scope. Not that it isn't a quality scope. It is.. The glass is fantastic. The forgivingness of the eye relief is excellent too. I just wouldn't have expected SWFA to put out something that has a obvious flaw. It's definitely not like them judgeing from the rest of their scopes. To be quite honest I bought it from another member here that at first said it was as good as gold, but apparently and quietly felt the same as me after he had a good hard look. So after all of that I hope it still doesn't look like a for sale add just a wait ender.

What I should have said is sorry.. You are correct I shouldn't have put that in there.. My bad.. I'll be much more carefull in the future..

The markers not lining up perfectly for everybodys zero has been discussed in another thread. The easy solution was to zero your scope at 100 yards either 0.1 mil high or 0.1 mil low. That WILL line the markers up.

Everybody has a dope chart for long range shooting so the point is moot. Most people don't mind their rifle being 0.36" high or low at 100.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Def Con III</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I really didn't intend for it to come off as a for sale add. Really all I was really getting at is that if I could just break even I'd pass it on to someone thats been waiting for 4-5 months. Given the extensive back grounds of some of the people praising it and after hearing everyone just rave about how great it is I was expecting the quality of the scope to match. Pleasing members on this sight is no easy feat... Lines not matching up when you have it cranked to the top limits I could deal with somewhat. But not having them line up near the bottom where you set your zero, that shouldn't happen in a $500 scope. Not that it isn't a quality scope. It is.. The glass is fantastic. The forgivingness of the eye relief is excellent too. I just wouldn't have expected SWFA to put out something that has a obvious flaw. It's definitely not like them judgeing from the rest of their scopes. To be quite honest I bought it from another member here that at first said it was as good as gold, but apparently and quietly felt the same as me after he had a good hard look. So after all of that I hope it still doesn't look like a for sale add just a wait ender. </div></div>

It not lining up is only a problem for people who post 4 times in a row in every thread they go to, so that they can get their post count to 100.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It not lining up is only a problem for people who post 4 times in a row in every thread they go to, so that they can get their post count to 100.</div></div>

Which is kind of funny considering it would lessen the perspective buyers.

I have the same problem with the turret not reseting to zero. It is half click either side of zero. Called SWFA and was told they would check with their superiors and get back to me. It's been 3 weeks with no call yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The markers not lining up perfectly for everybodys zero has been discussed in another thread. The easy solution was to zero your scope at 100 yards either 0.1 mil high or 0.1 mil low. That WILL line the markers up.

Everybody has a dope chart for long range shooting so the point is moot. Most people don't mind their rifle being 0.36" high or low at 100.</div></div>
So I guess enough people in todays society have been conditioned that close enough is acceptable?

Bet you'll all hate me. My Weaver 3x15x50mm Tactical lines up perfectly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet you'll all hate me. My Weaver 3x15x50mm Tactical lines up perfectly. </div></div>

Then you got lucky, my Weaver 3-15 EMDR was close but was definitely off a little. This issue isn't a big deal with any scope if it is only off a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet you'll all hate me. My Weaver 3x15x50mm Tactical lines up perfectly. </div></div>

U should get a swfa 5-20 and do a comparison for your self
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irrigator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same problem with the turret not reseting to zero. It is half click either side of zero. Called SWFA and was told they would check with their superiors and get back to me. It's been 3 weeks with no call yet. </div></div>

I've got a ss 3x9 and no, it doesn't quite line up but I never considered it an issue. Still don't. After 30 or so years flying military jets and airliners and having so many knobs and dials not quite (perfectly) "line up" with their hash mark, this little elevation mark alignment detail seems a waste of thought discussing it. I've got a 5x20 otw like so many others and couldn't care less if the little lines are off a hair. It's a great buy. "a half click"??? 3/4 of my body is by now a full click off from all the injuries and I still manage to get laid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Irrigator said:
"a half click"??? 3/4 of my body is by now a full click off from all the injuries and I still manage to get laid. </div></div>

That is almost sig-line worthy, there...

I called SWFA yesterday to make sure they had the correct CC on file for this group buy and was told "the shipment is expected in any day".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet you'll all hate me. My Weaver 3x15x50mm Tactical lines up perfectly. </div></div>

U should get a swfa 5-20 and do a comparison for your self
smile.gif
</div></div>

He doesn't need to, "ACME Labs" did a study with his Weaver against the omnipresent NCStar. In the study, the Weaver won (just in case you were wondering)... Not to rub it in, but my turrets line up perfectly
wink.gif
I do love my SS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AustinCQC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody get charged lately? Please? Anybody...</div></div>

+1

My elevation turret did not line up perfectly so I just clicked it over one and reset it so the turrets would line up perfectly and be PURTY. Now it lines up perfect and is off by .36"

Some will get lucky and get one that lines up according to their rifle setup and at what distance they zero... some like me will not..

So choose... do you want the turret to not perfectly line up... or be off by .36"

Come on now... .36"?

BIG FRIGGIN DEAL!

My friend is impatiently waiting for his as well. He ordered on 6/9. Got mine finally mounted on the rifle last night. Hopefully I can get it sighted in next few weeks!
I can tell you that the Waiting was totally worth it so just hang in there!
smile.gif

Still waiting, I ordered on 06/08 and I haven't heard a single thing.

Have had mine on a rifle for over 3 months with 20 range days. I have over 5k out of that tube (subsonic) have cranked them over the full range of adjustment and have yet to have any issues. Pulled apart at 1k and found a few microscopic Brass shavings but have not had one issue.

I hate making claims.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LAPUASLAPU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have had mine on a rifle for over 3 months with 20 range days. I have over 5k out of that tube (subsonic) have cranked them over the full range of adjustment and have yet to have any issues. Pulled apart at 1k and found a few microscopic Brass shavings but have not had one issue.

I hate making claims. </div></div>

I think he meant that he pulled the turrets off.

The countdown begins......

After much anticipation it seems as though I'll be getting my scope in the very near future.

Before everyone asks if another shipment of 5-20's is on there way out the door the answer is no.....At least as far as I know!

I have been waiting on a certain set of rings and told SWFA to hold onto my scope(from the initial shipment) until the rings came in. Turns out that the rings should be here next week and they along with my scope will be in my hands shortly thereafter.

I'm going to once again sing the praises of SWFA, especailly Dave Hallenbeck, who has been my contact since I traded in my SS 10x HD towards the new SS 5-20 HD. He's been totally helpful, very polite, and when he tells you he'll call you back he means in two minutes......not two weeks. He has been nothing short of awesome in the CS department and I'm sure that my new scope will impress just as much.

SWFA has my future business without a second thought.

Thanks again to SWFA and Lowlight for putting this GB together, I truely appreciate it!

does anyone else like this reticle as much as I do? In another thread, folks were highly praising the USO Mil Gap reticle for it's simplicity. After looking at photos of the Mil Gap, I did not notice much difference, am I wrong? I am just getting used to the mil-hash reticles. Regardless, I really like the mil-quad on this SS.