• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the reverse problem as everyone else. I was the victim of a hit a run last night, a block from my house. Problem is it is beginning to look like I will have to use scope money for repairs to my truck. </div></div>

Depending on what kind of insurance you have, you might be able to qualify for "uninsured motorist" coverage.

I got hit last year by a hit 'n runner. Driving home at 4AM about to get off on an exit when a drunk driver slammed into my side. He immediately pulled a 180, and started driving the opposite way on a 5-lane freeway (101S in San Fran). There were no cars on the road (since it was 4AM), so he just hauled ass going the opposite way on the freeway and got off at the prior exit.

Called Geico, and they filed it under "Uninsured Motorist" protection, which was just a $250 deductible, and covered the $4000 repairs that were made to the body.

Hope this helps, glad to hear your safe. But it's not right that you have to sacrifice your scope money because some guy decided to be a fucking jackass.

Ordered 6/5 received shipping notice today. @ 6.6# makes me wonder if it's 1 or 2 scopes?

ordered mine 6/1. Received it about 30 minutes ago. WOW! Nicest scope I'll ever own, hands down! Thanks to all who made it possible. This thing is soooooo nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: limitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the reverse problem as everyone else. I was the victim of a hit a run last night, a block from my house. Problem is it is beginning to look like I will have to use scope money for repairs to my truck. </div></div>

Depending on what kind of insurance you have, you might be able to qualify for "uninsured motorist" coverage.

I got hit last year by a hit 'n runner. Driving home at 4AM about to get off on an exit when a drunk driver slammed into my side. He immediately pulled a 180, and started driving the opposite way on a 5-lane freeway (101S in San Fran). There were no cars on the road (since it was 4AM), so he just hauled ass going the opposite way on the freeway and got off at the prior exit.

Called Geico, and they filed it under "Uninsured Motorist" protection, which was just a $250 deductible, and covered the $4000 repairs that were made to the body.

Hope this helps, glad to hear your safe. But it's not right that you have to sacrifice your scope money because some guy decided to be a fucking jackass. </div></div>

That is what I am doing, I just filed a claim under my collision policy w/ $500 deductible and am doing the body repairs myself. Heck, I may come out ahead pretty good on this deal. The adjuster is coming in the morning to check it out. My buddies at the police station did finally get enough info to find out who the guy was and I I.D.ed a pic of him. Bad dude with a felony warrant and parole violations (Meth. Head). He is still on the run and his car was uninsured of course. Just hope it works out.

The guy who hit me ran on foot because my Dodge truck crushed his Civic like a tin can. Mine gets shitty gas milage but holds up well in a crash.

Please DO NOT PM me asking to get buy my scope under the group buy price. I have had several do this most have 2-4 posts on their profile. I am now going to be able to get it and am not going to sell. Never expected so many would try to "HELP" with my problem by trying to take my good deal.

My last collision will pay for the SS 5-20
laugh.gif

$250 deductible and doing the work yourself will buy anything in the SS lineup every time!

Got my first one today it was ordered on 6/6 the second one was ordered on 6/17 so it can't be far behind. Thanks to SWFA, Frank that made this group buy possible and all that have posted pictures and reviews of this great scope.

Ken

just got off the phone with SWFA, both SS 5-20 are on the way
Woohoo.

Remember, SWFA said that the amount of first day orders did not even touch the amount of orders that were made in the last 3 days of the group buy, so it will still be quite a while before they get through all of the group buy purchases.

off topic with the whole shipping thing, and since I have never had a scope that needs batteries, but does this thing take the 2032 watch-type batteries? Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember, SWFA said that the amount of first day orders did not even touch the amount of orders that were made in the last 3 days of the group buy, so it will still be quite a while before they get through all of the group buy purchases. </div></div>

Good to know, my insurance adjuster left me with a pretty little check this morning. I will probably have my truck put back together tomorrow @ cost of about $5.00. Life is good again. I may have to get a SS3-9 ffp to hold me over now.

Ordered 04June - 5:30 AM
Received 05Aug

5-20 Cattail is on backorder if anyone is looking at getting one, I'll post when it gets shipped.

Scope is in Texas and I'm in Germany so the wait continues. Can't wait to get it mounted on my SRS. I'll post pics with a full review hopefully in Sept.

Kudos to SWFA for offering a great product at a great price and Frank for accommodating the group buy.

My scope arrive after I left for a trip 2 weeks ago.
Box was crushed and ripped commpletely open. Glad noting was lost.

The scope is great, and big, and heavy. Very clear and I love this reticle.
With IOR QD steel rings.
scope.jpg

We are out now, next shipment is "scheduled" to ship late next month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are out now, next shipment is "scheduled" to ship late next month. </div></div>

Thanks for the update. Since you previously mentioned that the number of orders on the first couple days of the $500 coupon going active paled in comparison to the orders on the last few days of the deal, is the shipment coming at the end of September enough to cover the existing orders for the scope?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was so close!!! haha

Ordered Jun 7th 1:29am, last I heard they shipped scopes out to June 6th?

ROFL It's just my luck... probably God telling me to stop obsessing over all my current build projects. :p

Oh well, so much for having it by my birthday. It's ok, I have the ss 3-9x to hold me over.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are out now, next shipment is "scheduled" to ship late next month. </div></div>

Thank you for the honest heads up!!! Longer to pad the bank account before it hits! I for one don't mind the time and it has allowed me to save and purchase this scope when other wise I wouldn't have had that much money to throw down at once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are out now, next shipment is "scheduled" to ship late next month. </div></div>

Thanks for the update. Since you previously mentioned that the number of orders on the first couple days of the $500 coupon going active paled in comparison to the orders on the last few days of the deal, is the shipment coming at the end of September enough to cover the existing orders for the scope? </div></div>

I would also be interested in knowing this. There's no way I'll cancel my order, but I'd like to know if I should expect it in time for deer season or if I need to plan a stopgap.

Oh, and thanks for the timely update. Bad news now is a lot better than bad news at the last minute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered 04June - 5:30 AM
Received 05Aug

5-20 Cattail is on backorder if anyone is looking at getting one, I'll post when it gets shipped.
</div></div>

Me, too. That zoom ring is a tad stiff.

Ha...I'm moving and was worried about placing my security deposit on the new place while my current land lord sent my security deposit back to me from my current place. No more worries.
smile.gif
I'm content with waiting and have another rifle to shoot in the mean time.

Thanks for the update SWFA!

It's been verified, no more scopes until end of Sept. Time to implement back up plans everyone! Man... never shoulda sold that Viper PST FFP. ;/

It's very cool that SWFA updated us about it though.

Sorry if I am out of place for asking this in advance.

I am thinking about purchasing this scope really soon here but am not in any rush for it to come. I have always been a patient person.

Although I do have a couple questions here if SWFA or anyone else for that matter can oblige.

1. Is SWFA still working on the orders placed during the group buy?

2. Realistically what do you guys think would be the turn around on arrival of the scope if ordered in a couple weeks? I'm thinking about January or so but can be completely off.

Again, I don't want to cause a commotion here as I know there was a lot of drama going on with the group buy and I am a very patient person. I just need to know out of curiosity. Even a guess by any member would suffice.

I'm still laughing at that one picture visualizing Leupold hijacking the shipment.

EDIT:
P.S. I decided on SWFA after reading how much of a discount they are giving to members of the forum out of the goodness of their hearts and even more so because of what SWFA did for that soldier that was home for a couple weeks. I will always purchase SWFA products from now on wherever possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashih313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
EDIT:
P.S. I decided on SWFA after reading how much of a discount they <span style="text-decoration: line-through">are</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">were</span> giving to members of the forum out of the goodness of their hearts and even more so because of what SWFA did for that soldier that was home for a couple weeks. I will always purchase SWFA products from now on wherever possible. </div></div>Fixed it for you. While several scopes still have yet to be shipped, the group buy discount ended on 17 June. Even though the group buy has ended, as all good things come and go, SWFA is a superb company to deal with and will have much of my business in the future.

As for the shipping, I'm sure they're producing them as quickly as efficiently possible. I'm sure they want to fill the backorders just as much as everyone wants to receive their scopes, but precision instruments take time. By the way, love my scope, ordered in the first minutes the main discount was open.

If you want one now and at less than full retail price, I suggest you hit up the Optics For Sale Forum. There's a few in there up for sale right now.

^^^ +1 check out the For Sale Optic section. There are some decent prices in there on some scopes.

Aron-

Got mine mounted and took it to the range to zero yesterday. I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed. This is my first high end scope and also my first experience with mil/mil and FFP. The coolest part to me at first was the ease of using a scope where the turret matched the reticle. I did a box test(which it passed with flying colors, even if my shooting wasn't perfect). Shot the first target, milled the 2nd, set the scope, shot the 2nd, dead on. Followed the same procedure for the next five, reading random dots off the reticle and adjusting the turrets accordingly. Came back down to zero, and dang if the last shot didn't go throught the same hole as the first. I think I'll be keeping this one.
grin.gif

I have one of these on order, but still haven't decided on a mount. What would y'all recommend to put one of these on an AR10T?

I got a BobRo mount on a 6.8 but different scope and love that damn thing!

Aron-

I have a Bobro too, beautiful piece of work.

Thanks. It looks like the 30mm Bobros on SWFA's site are all low, so I'm guessing that's what I'd want. But what about standard, slightly forward, or extended? (It's going on an AR10T that doesn't have a railed handguard.)

I got the slightly forward one makes the use of the charging handle a bit easier. As for height to me it seems perfect how they are but that's me. I was going to sell it but when I got it it was a never mind this I'm keeping
laugh.gif

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jagcowan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one of these on order, but still haven't decided on a mount. What would y'all recommend to put one of these on an AR10T? </div></div>

Take your time and research, but here is what I settled for... Badger Ordnance 22moa riser that isn't necessary for 1,000 yards but nice to have regardless. Atop that I have Aadland Triple lug rings (lows) and my SS 5-20 sits inside it. Depending on what sort of cheek weld you prefer, you can go with Aadland high rings. This works well for my Ar-10t, though the scooe placement necessitated a new charging handle, and for that I chose BCM gunfighter mod 3 or 4.

IMG_5695.jpg

Oh, and all available at SWFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmm do swfa do schmidt?

Off to their website.... </div></div>

Yes sir we do, Schmidt & Bender on SWFA.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Aos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered on 6/6.

Didn't make the cutoff for this shipment. </div></div>

Received mine today.

Movin' again? Sweet, fellas!

Weaver super slam sunshade...

IMG_5767.jpg

Is that sunshade supposed to be a good fit for these scopes? Any one have one of these shades mounted on their scope? Pics?

That's sweet! Thanks for the pic. Gonna order one right now. Looking forward to posting mine on Tuesday when it arrives.