• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So much for the trusty, reliable Beretta 92

Ditch it and be done.... It was always an oversized piece of shit handgun anyway
I remember when they first came out. A big gun with a safety that flipped the wrong direction and was in the wrong place and an exposed barrel with no dust cover? And uglier than fuck.

All to fix a problem that didn't exist for the military.

Don't take offense to this, but i have a few and i find them to be garbage, they're the weakest handguns on earth, slides crack with factory ammo, run something hot and they self destruct. and for $1500 they should have blown you before delivery. Sell it and get a nice combat commander in 38 super, which puts a 9 to shame, plus with hot loads its damn close to a .357 at almost 1500fps, so you've got a match grade gun and when you get home it will elimate anything that tries to creep in the night into you're home.

Reliable? I have to and destroyed 2, don't take this personal, but they are flimsiest pos on earth, slides crack with even factory loads, God forbid you load it hot and it self desctructs, plus an accomplished practitioner can rip the slide off before you pull the trigger, Not a movie myth knew two guys who could do it while in auto pistol school as a cop in the day. junk it and get one of these, Colt Combat Command lightweight in 38 super, I paid $650 although they were only a run of 5 or 600 and bring 11-1200, but still cheaper than beretta, it awesome target round and loaded hot a 115 grain jhp at almost 1500fps hits with 540ft lbs which is damn close to a lower end 357 mag and destroys 115/125 +p+ 9s by a large margin so after you win at the range you can rest easy knowing it will knock down any creepy thing that means you harm. the 1911 is like the american AK47, but someone got greased big to chose the 92 for the service, over a 100 year old masterpiece, all about money, and the fact that the spec ops guys don't never used them tells you something. An ex seal i worked with on the force always said don't ever trust your life to a 92 or a Glock, another great shit box, you havn't live till you climb in a window during a robbery in progress and scrape the side of the window and here what sounds like marbles falling so you look down and the back of the mag came off and all your bullets fell out of the mag lol. the gift of polymer, Best of luck i hope they make good for the money you spent.

Did you… did you join this forum, a forum dedicated to long-range, precision rifle marksmanship, just to bitch about your antiquated hate for Berettas?? This is the second thread you’ve commented on about how much you hate them, spewing decades-old shit about cracked slides and how glorious your old, tWo WoRlD wArS Colt is. We get it. You joined two weeks ago to complain about all things Beretta. And Glock. And anything that isn’t a Colt Combat Commander…

EVERY company on God’s green earth puts out a lemon once in awhile, even your beloved Colt. Sucks, but true. The OP unfortunately got one, has options, and has to decide which one works best for him. We don’t need any “help” from people who are only here to dig up three month old threads and then spread decades-old info about a platform they have a retarded personal agenda agsinst…

Reactions: RUTGERS95 and BCP
Did you… did you join this forum, a forum dedicated to long-range, precision rifle marksmanship, just to bitch about your antiquated hate for Berettas?? This is the second thread you’ve commented on about how much you hate them, spewing decades-old shit about cracked slides and how glorious your old, tWo WoRlD wArS Colt is. We get it. You joined two weeks ago to complain about all things Beretta. And Glock. And anything that isn’t a Colt Combat Commander…

EVERY company on God’s green earth puts out a lemon once in awhile, even your beloved Colt. Sucks, but true. The OP unfortunately got one, has options, and has to decide which one works best for him. We don’t need any “help” from people who are only here to dig up three month old threads and then spread decades-old info about a platform they have a retarded personal agenda agsinst…
No just an opinion, felt bad actually but they speak for themselves. And professional use and failure of the product speaks for itself, plus i like hearing about bad apples, save me from getting burned by one. Lastly there’s several digs by others as well.. im not the only negative comment and the negative is towards the gun not the poster

No just an opinion, felt bad actually but they speak for themselves. And professional use and failure of the product speaks for itself, plus i like hearing about bad apples, save me from getting burned by one. Lastly there’s several digs by others as well.. im not the only negative comment and the negative is towards the gun not the poster

H7TVEFl.jpg

True, glock 17 on duty bottom of mag fell off amd dumped all the bullets on ground, the. During training pulled the trigger and it went full auto and spit out 17 rounds in about half a second. Threw it in safe and hasnt seen light since 93

In 55 years of shooting, I've seen that one time. It was a 1911.
The mag come apart?
I would hardly fault any gun for a shitty mag.
Yeah but when a new gun goes full auto at will and after the department’s glock armory says its fix and hit happens again somethings wrong. Glocks were alway just a touch above a toy. I really dont like any polymer gun i have and ive got a few. When you grab a Sig or a CZ. You have to admit the plastic guns feel really cheesy. Same case for AR mags. The old GI metal ones were great, my maguls have to be jammed up rhe well or they don’t catch its all about saving a buck. Tooling is the investment and after that a glock frame cost about 15 cents to mold maybe less. Same reason glass bottles are gone and so on.

The mag come apart?

Yeah but when a new gun goes full auto at will and after the department’s glock armory says its fix and hit happens again somethings wrong. Glocks were alway just a touch above a toy. I really dont like any polymer gun i have and ive got a few. When you grab a Sig or a CZ. You have to admit the plastic guns feel really cheesy. Same case for AR mags. The old GI metal ones were great, my maguls have to be jammed up rhe well or they don’t catch its all about saving a buck. Tooling is the investment and after that a glock frame cost about 15 cents to mold maybe less. Same reason glass bottles are gone and so on.
I grew up thinking all handguns were great as long as they were a 1911. Then I finally got out of denial and got my first Glock 19. I put a fiber optic FS on it and it;s been my no. one gun ever since.

The mag come apart?

Yeah but when a new gun goes full auto at will and after the department’s glock armory says its fix and hit happens again somethings wrong.

Definitely something wrong. Solution is a different armorer.

I grew up thinking all handguns were great as long as they were a 1911. Then I finally got out of denial and got my first Glock 19. I put a fiber optic FS on it and it;s been my no. one gun ever since.
to each his own, is the grip that gets you as it has the ergonomics of a 70s family sedan, and the triggers suck, but then again all the polymer guns with the silly tab in the middle as if it does anything, and the 1911 is overboard, with safetys, my department was nuts sometimes, you bought you own gun, but any that arrived the first day with a safety of any had to get a new gun, "COMBAT WEAPONS HAVE NO SAFETYS ONLY DECOCKING LEVERS" that was one, and don't ever ever ever say the work clip, its a magazine, and thats 100 pushups, then guns don't jam, they have stoppages and malfunctions, a stoppage would be like a double feed and a malfuction would be my full auto glock 17 lol. I settled for the Sig because while every other sheriffs department could carry a cocked and locked Colt, they were forbiden, because one of the brass insisted it will go off if dropped. bullshit lol. Sig prob my favorite for maintenance, only 4 pieces an comes apart blindfolded, the colt now one always pissed me off and those tiny levers on the glock. it really all comes down to preference.

You do realize many special ops groups currently use the Glock that you seem to hate........
and the top tier groups carry what they choose not issued just in case you aren't as informed as you are preaching.

Reactions: BCP
You do realize many special ops groups currently use the Glock that you seem to hate........
and the top tier groups carry what they choose not issued just in case you aren't as informed as you are preaching.

You mean you don't take firearms advice from LE departments?

to each his own, is the grip that gets you as it has the ergonomics of a 70s family sedan, and the triggers suck, but then again all the polymer guns with the silly tab in the middle as if it does anything, and the 1911 is overboard, with safetys, my department was nuts sometimes, you bought you own gun, but any that arrived the first day with a safety of any had to get a new gun, "COMBAT WEAPONS HAVE NO SAFETYS ONLY DECOCKING LEVERS" that was one, and don't ever ever ever say the work clip, its a magazine, and thats 100 pushups, then guns don't jam, they have stoppages and malfunctions, a stoppage would be like a double feed and a malfuction would be my full auto glock 17 lol. I settled for the Sig because while every other sheriffs department could carry a cocked and locked Colt, they were forbiden, because one of the brass insisted it will go off if dropped. bullshit lol. Sig prob my favorite for maintenance, only 4 pieces an comes apart blindfolded, the colt now one always pissed me off and those tiny levers on the glock. it really all comes down to preference.
Actually, the grip angle was one of the things I liked about the Glock. After decades of shooting, dry firing and pointing a 1911 along with shaping and tuning the beavertail GS so the gun fit my hand and wrist alignment so it was always on target, even with my eyes closed, when I point a Glock it's the most natural pointer of all my handguns.

The Glock grip angle causes the nose of the gun and FS to ride higher when punching the gun out in a draw, allowing better FS acquisition during the stroke before it plains out on target.

I wouldn't be allowed to work at your department. First of all, the brass is obviously full of shit and I don't take orders from dumbfucks that don't know what they're talking about and secondly, I added to my Glock the one thing it lacked and thats a 1911 style grip safety. Now my thumb has a familiar place to ride after it does it's job of deactivating the thumb safety as part of the draw. That allows me to yank and crank as fast as I want from the holster without worrying about the pesky Glock-leg.

I'm also getting ready to add a tactical thumb safety lever on my Shield.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCP
they also use Sigs, 1911s, HKs etc. but remember as a soldier even that $29000 M110 they issued shoots about as good a $2000 civilian gun. its all crooked bids and guns are right up there with the $500 hammer, and a will to throw money away. like the cache of equipment our dear leader left those assholes in Afganistan after our guys suffered there for 20 years. Goverment issue more times than not equals inferior quality, unless we're talking about helicopters and aircraft. Anything government is second rate for the foot soldier. Example i just had my knees replaced and done state of the art, and recovered in 4 month while my poor veteran friend didn't even get therapy and now walks with a limp as recovery is not a primary concern for the Goverment. only getting you in and out win or lose

You mean you don't take firearms advice from LE departments?
each has their purpose, and while slightly safer than a battle field, i've seen as much gore, murders, suicides, been shot at, stabbed, beat, and suffered with the best of them. Your comments is pretty ignorant. Maybe i think is insane to walk around with uncharged weapons or have to rely on an M4 built by the lowest bidder and same for ammo. I don't diminish any Veterans worth to this country so don't diminish ours, why your choking in the desert, we're the guys that kept that veterans wife from being raped, or their child being kidnapped. The fact that basic service weapons suck doesn't have any bearing on my respect for veterans, in fact its terrible and i think of how they're abused every day and their sacrifice.

each has their purpose, and while slightly safer than a battle field, i've seen as much gore, murders, suicides, been shot at, stabbed, beat, and suffered with the best of them. Your comments is pretty ignorant. Maybe i think is insane to walk around with uncharged weapons or have to rely on an M4 built by the lowest bidder and same for ammo. I don't diminish any Veterans worth to this country so don't diminish ours, why your choking in the desert, we're the guys that kept that veterans wife from being raped, or their child being kidnapped.

...and the same ones that will just 'follow orders' to keep the job.

Few crimes are prevented.

Reactions: JR_77 and FWoo45
Don't take offense to this, but i have a few and i find them to be garbage, they're the weakest handguns on earth, slides crack with factory ammo, run something hot and they self destruct. and for $1500 they should have blown you before delivery. Sell it and get a nice combat commander in 38 super, which puts a 9 to shame, plus with hot loads its damn close to a .357 at almost 1500fps, so you've got a match grade gun and when you get home it will elimate anything that tries to creep in the night into you're home.

Reliable? I have to and destroyed 2, don't take this personal, but they are flimsiest pos on earth, slides crack with even factory loads, God forbid you load it hot and it self desctructs, plus an accomplished practitioner can rip the slide off before you pull the trigger, Not a movie myth knew two guys who could do it while in auto pistol school as a cop in the day. junk it and get one of these, Colt Combat Command lightweight in 38 super, I paid $650 although they were only a run of 5 or 600 and bring 11-1200, but still cheaper than beretta, it awesome target round and loaded hot a 115 grain jhp at almost 1500fps hits with 540ft lbs which is damn close to a lower end 357 mag and destroys 115/125 +p+ 9s by a large margin so after you win at the range you can rest easy knowing it will knock down any creepy thing that means you harm. the 1911 is like the american AK47, but someone got greased big to chose the 92 for the service, over a 100 year old masterpiece, all about money, and the fact that the spec ops guys don't never used them tells you something. An ex seal i worked with on the force always said don't ever trust your life to a 92 or a Glock, another great shit box, you havn't live till you climb in a window during a robbery in progress and scrape the side of the window and here what sounds like marbles falling so you look down and the back of the mag came off and all your bullets fell out of the mag lol. the gift of polymer, Best of luck i hope they make good for the money you spent.
I’m in my early 30s and carry a 1911 of some sort or another daily. You’re a moron. Glad the OP’s gun is up and running.

...and the same ones that will just 'follow orders' to keep the job.

Few crimes are prevented.
What are you a democrat. Listen corruption is everywhere and yes there’s some dirty cops but at the end of the day the majority are good people when I started in 1990 I took him $278 a fucking week to get fucking shot at and deal with everyone’s problems. I’m so glad I’m retired I don’t know if I can deal with the disrespect, I did everything I could to walk a straight narrow. Sadly though there is corruption but it’s not a little guy it’s every motherfucker lieutenant and above part of my early retirement because of corruption so you see we can fuck both ways with you and people like you hate the police then deal with internal assholes then wanna do you in oh anybody has in his world is the own integrity and be the best person you can be in a soon as it like it fuck him. Thank God I live in Florida, at least I have some rights, at least I can have peace of knowing that because Biden fucked up so bad along with all his scumbag cronies I don’t have to worry about another Democrat in office for the next fucking 20 years. Lastly In the mosaic reading part is that cop haters like you are the first ones to call when shit goes wrong for you. Do you want to hate law-enforcement hate the fucking FBI the dirtiest motherfuckers in the world

What are you a democrat. Listen corruption is everywhere and yes there’s some dirty cops but at the end of the day the majority are good people when I started in 1990 I took him $278 a fucking week to get fucking shot at and deal with everyone’s problems. I’m so glad I’m retired I don’t know if I can deal with the disrespect, I did everything I could to walk a straight narrow. Sadly though there is corruption but it’s not a little guy it’s every motherfucker lieutenant and above part of my early retirement because of corruption so you see we can fuck both ways with you and people like you hate the police then deal with internal assholes then wanna do you in oh anybody has in his world is the own integrity and be the best person you can be in a soon as it like it fuck him. Thank God I live in Florida, at least I have some rights, at least I can have peace of knowing that because Biden fucked up so bad along with all his scumbag cronies I don’t have to worry about another Democrat in office for the next fucking 20 years. Lastly In the mosaic reading part is that cop haters like you are the first ones to call when shit goes wrong for you. Do you want to hate law-enforcement hate the fucking FBI the dirtiest motherfuckers in the world

You and @wade2big are going to be best friends

• Haha
Reactions: BCP and EddieNFL

This guy is gonna be a legend of the Bear Pit.

Reactions: EddieNFL
True, glock 17 on duty bottom of mag fell off amd dumped all the bullets on ground, the. During training pulled the trigger and it went full auto and spit out 17 rounds in about half a second. Threw it in safe and hasnt seen light since 93

Gotta call bullshit on the fullauto G17. The Glock isn’t designed like a hammer-fired gun where if the sear fails, the hammer just follows the slide home and repeats until the mag is empty. Unless you have a G18 or one of the selector mods, the striker is captured by the connector until the trigger is allowed fully forward for the next press. At this point, the striker is only partially retracted, not enough to ignite a primer if it were, by some freak accident, released prematurely. If the connector WERE to fail, it doesn’t capture the striker and = no boom.

Short of modifying the gun yourself, I’m aware of no malfunction that would cause a Glock to magically go “full-auto” all by itself. It’s simply not engineered that way.

Any other tall-tales you care to share with us to dig yourself deeper?

Reactions: Steel+Killer
A few comments here regarding the Glock grip angle and how they don’t like it which to me it does feel awkward I agree. Salient makes a model they call BLU which has a grip angle similar to a 1911 not sure exactly what the angle is but less so than a Glock and to me feels more natural.

Salients are cool Guns but pricey. I‘ve been told the Salient BLU frame is basically a Lone Wolf Distributors frame so you could buy the this frame and run a Glock slide and internals but have a 1911 style grip angle.

Gotta call bullshit on the fullauto G17. The Glock isn’t designed like a hammer-fired gun where if the sear fails, the hammer just follows the slide home and repeats until the mag is empty. Unless you have a G18 or one of the selector mods, the striker is captured by the connector until the trigger is allowed fully forward for the next press. At this point, the striker is only partially retracted, not enough to ignite a primer if it were, by some freak accident, released prematurely. If the connector WERE to fail, it doesn’t capture the striker and = no boom.

Short of modifying the gun yourself, I’m aware of no malfunction that would cause a Glock to magically go “full-auto” all by itself. It’s simply not engineered that way.

Don’t care what you believe was witnessed by 20 people , i don’t need to bullshit in my life as what does that prove, im

Another option would be to call the credit card company you put it on (Hopefully Amex) and tell them the problem. Often they will put a hold on payment until its resolved.
While this would save the op’s money, the fault (and loss of money) would then fall onto the lgs and they had nothing to do with the handgun being faulty. I suspect most lgs’s would do whatever they could to make it right. Only had one basically refuse to help after the handgun had an obvious fault. It was Brenda’s revolver and she pretty much refuses to do business with them unless they have primers.

There has been zero worthwhile innovation in pistols since John Browning was alive. If you're not shooting a 1911 in .45 ACP, you're going to die in the first shootout you get into. And even though Browning invented the Hi-Power, it's a 9mm and we all know it doesn't kill a fucking fly.
38 super loaded with boutique ammo offers 1500 fps with 115 grsin and low 12s with 125s. And if you hand load ultimately get full 357 mag poet on the lower end of scale. and I think other than advances in materials whats to advance. I love my colt its light reliable and will emd a scumbag today just as it did a hundred years ago. And in the street 98% of your imcedents are less than 21 feet. As for 9’mm. Its usless i mean it will kill is bit as a cop i watched a doper take 10 rounds then he ran away stole a car and checked into a hospital 3 days later. Lol

If that happened anywhere in the US it would surely make the news.

Can you please provide a link to the news article I would love to read it?
It did nearly 22 years ago during Amdrew along with dozens of murders, looting, deaths amd so forth. Do your own research smart ass. While your at it you can find the 70s shooting of a coke head shot 21x with a 357 and then killed a female officer before expiring. You’ve obviously spent no time in police fire or military for that matter or you wouldn’t question things, after covid i hired a private teacher for my son, i can see if she teaches reading so you’re not so lost. You probably think a mask prevents covid though, i want your magic tv too. I didnt know it broadcast every shooting in america sounds cool. A local sheriff told everyone to kill any intruder and The govenor told citizens to run over any protestor attempting to to stop your car also catch thst?
What your must have weapon you can’t afford? I buy it because you cant then give it away so you’ll learn you only get to be an ass when you make the rules, otherwise a life of disappointment will be yiur only legacy lol

38 super loaded with boutique ammo offers 1500 fps with 115 grsin and low 12s with 125s. And if you hand load ultimately get full 357 mag poet on the lower end of scale. and I think other than advances in materials whats to advance. I love my colt its light reliable and will emd a scumbag today just as it did a hundred years ago. And in the street 98% of your imcedents are less than 21 feet. As for 9’mm. Its usless i mean it will kill is bit as a cop i watched a doper take 10 rounds then he ran away stole a car and checked into a hospital 3 days later. Lol
.38 Super? Does your skirt ride up when you draw from the holster?

You know how you get .357 Mag performance? You carry a .357 Magnum.

It did nearly 22 years ago during Amdrew along with dozens of murders, looting, deaths amd so forth. Do your own research smart ass. While your at it you can find the 70s shooting of a coke head shot 21x with a 357 and then killed a female officer before expiring. You’ve obviously spent no time in police fire or military for that matter or you wouldn’t question things, after covid i hired a private teacher for my son, i can see if she teaches reading so you’re not so lost. You probably think a mask prevents covid though, i want your magic tv too. I didnt know it broadcast every shooting in america sounds cool. A local sheriff told everyone to kill any intruder and The govenor told citizens to run over any protestor attempting to to stop your car also catch thst?
What your must have weapon you can’t afford? I buy it because you cant then give it away so you’ll learn you only get to be an ass when you make the rules, otherwise a life of disappointment will be yiur only legacy lol
You may want to see if your son's reading teacher can help you with your writing as well.

Somewhere, someone may know what the fuck you’re talking about, but I doubt it.

looks interesting
Yes it does…

”The Alien’s barrel is mounted directly to the frame, eliminating movement during the firing cycle which results in exceptional accuracy.”

I don’t dig what do I give shit if you believe it? I bet your still wear a mask to save you from covid Oh and theres only like 5 seperate arricles i found in 10 seconds decribing the same issues so i want you to get some paper and write “my ass speaks before my mouth” 500 times and have it to me by morning. Ill bring it to the range tomorrow i gotta film this so you look even more ignorant.

Heres one of many

.38 Super? Does your skirt ride up when you draw from the holster?

You know how you get .357 Mag performance? You carry a .357 Magnum.
Haha. Big wheel guns dont make very good carry weapons. But the 357 does hold the record for having more one shot kills than any other round ever produced.

Haha. Big wheel guns dont make very good carry weapons. But the 357 does hold the record for having more one shot kills than any other round ever produced.
my favorite handgun caliber. I do have a 6" wheel gun and that 357 is moving!

That concept has been around for awhile.

I’m a Sig guy so I don’t believe any Sigs have the barrel mounted to the frame but what other pistols have barrels mounted to the frame?
What about the gas delayed blowback system sounds like an AR?
”Laugo’s innovative gas delayed blowback system slows the recoil impulse, bringing the pistol back on target smoother and faster.