• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So... What are you buying tomorrow morning?

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
I've put together a little list (it's actually pretty big) over the last month of "SHTF" shooting goodies to buy if the wind blew in a shit storm and now that hurricane Shit-Storm has hit, I'll be door busting at two local gun slingers in a few hours. The pain from the last shortage caused me to continually stock up over the last few years so I'm not in panic mode but I suspect I'll be fighting panic buyers as soon as the doors open.

So lets hear your plans and thoughts on this as most of us no-doubt remember $50/50rounds of .45 and the inability to buy primers and bullets.

My list includes three "scary" guns and a ton of reloading supplies.

Re: So... What are you buying tomorrow morning?

This is where I hate being a poor college student. I've got my one awesome guitar up for sale so I can finish building a dreaded black rifle and buy as much ammo as I can. I can always get a guitar again in five years. An AR 15 may be another story entirely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nachtadler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is where I hate being a poor college student. I've got my one awesome guitar up for sale so I can finish building a dreaded black rifle and buy as much ammo as I can. I can always get a guitar again in five years. An AR 15 may be another story entirely. </div></div>

That's my thinking as well.

who's waiting till tomorrow morning...currently shopping online.

Well ammo for one, possibly a receiver. I had planned on getting in on the TBAC group buy but I'm not so sure I should waste the time/ money to get denied in 9 months.

I just placed the first order to stock up on .300blk powder and bullets. 168 smk's have already gone up $8/500 on Midway, so I'm considering stocking up on bolt gun supplies before they get any higher....

Went to Powder Valley and 8lb Varget "Out-Of-Stock" already...

Primers. Lots and lots of primers. Can never have enough AR mags, Glock mags, and AK mags.

powder.... lots of powder... and primers

I did most of my panic buying this past summer, but I just tossed together an order of some extra pistol mags and projectiles to get me through the next several months of silliness.

Coffee from Dunkin Donuts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to Powder Valley and 8lb Varget "Out-Of-Stock" already...</div></div>

They have been out for a couple months now.

It's guys like you that add fuel to the fire, and help drive up cost from the manufacturers and distributors, and create shortages. There is one thing for sure, President Obama has done more for gun and related supply sales than anyone. Fear is a hell of a motivator.

Well I bought my first rifle that will be in my name. Its a savage Mkii. Now, I wish I could stock up on reloading supplies for my 6.5 creedmoor and .223 but since I'm a broke college student I don't think thatll be happening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's guys like you that add fuel to the fire, and help drive up cost from the manufacturers and distributors, and create shortages. There is one thing for sure, President Obama has done more for gun and related supply sales than anyone. Fear is a hell of a motivator. </div></div>

Who gives a shit. If everyone is buying, you have to be ahead of the curve to get in at a lower price, it's simple economics. Saying that anybody has control over it is like saying people have the ability to stop a hurricane.

So on that note, I just got back from my morning buying trip and <span style="font-weight: bold">WOW</span> were there a lot of people out buying. I hit three stores and picked up a "few" things. Looks like ARs, Glocks, mags, primers, and powders are the major things flying off the shelves so pretty much what you'd expect. I did two background checks the first one was right when all the stores opened and it took about 20 mins the second one (about 30 mins later) took well over an hour.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's guys like you that add fuel to the fire, and help drive up cost from the manufacturers and distributors, and create shortages. There is one thing for sure, President Obama has done more for gun and related supply sales than anyone. Fear is a hell of a motivator. </div></div>

Who gives a shit. If everyone is buying, you have to be ahead of the curve to get in at a lower price, it's simple economics. Saying that anybody has control over it is like saying people have the ability to stop a hurricane. </div></div>

Bazinga, HB, bazinga.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's guys like you that add fuel to the fire, and help drive up cost from the manufacturers and distributors, and create shortages. There is one thing for sure, President Obama has done more for gun and related supply sales than anyone. Fear is a hell of a motivator. </div></div>

Who gives a shit. If everyone is buying, you have to be ahead of the curve to get in at a lower price, it's simple economics. Saying that anybody has control over it is like saying people have the ability to stop a hurricane.

So on that note, I just got back from my morning buying trip and <span style="font-weight: bold">WOW</span> were there a lot of people out buying. I hit three stores and picked up a "few" things. Looks like ARs, Glocks, mags, primers, and powders are the major things flying off the shelves so pretty much what you'd expect. I did two background checks the first one was right when all the stores opened and it took about 20 mins the second one (about 30 mins later) took well over an hour. </div></div>
I could give a shit less what you spend your money on. My point is that when Obama was elected the first time everyone went out on fire thinking the world was coming to an end, the only thing that happened was that supplies got scarce, things went up then after a year or so supply was back to normal (just more expensive), and your sitting on shit you normally have little use for. But it is you money spend as you wish.

I already got the primers, just want to get some powder. I am going to be purchasing the add-on components for my first AR15. I do not have my AR yet, and the best part about it, I am not concerned. A friend of mine has fallen on hard times, him being a former LEO, has an AR from when he was on SWAT. He has no use for it now, and he is not a gun guy, so, we made an agreement that he hold on to it, and I will use my tax return to buy it off of him. Until then, I am just going to get mags and accessories for it while those are still available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and your sitting on shit you normally have little use for. </div></div>

You may be, but to assume everyone is sitting on stockpiles from last time is ludicrous. I shoot a lot and I want to be able to weather a drought so I buy heavy and often. This election will no doubt drive a drought so it would be stupid to not plan accordingly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This election will no doubt drive a drought so it would be stupid to not plan accordingly. </div></div>

BIG +1!!

By failing to plan...you are planning to fail!! Plain and simply.

I placed a large "stock up" order for components back in February while prices were reasonable and everything was in stock well in anticipation of the inevitable election-time feeding frenzy. I have enough centerfire components on hand for about 2 years of shooting if I continue at my typical consumption rate. By the time I run low the shortage should be over and I can re-order.

I'd prefer to keep minimal stock on hand and order "as needed"-- but it's a drag when you want to shoot, you're out of components, and what you need is either out of stock or only available at inflated prices.

I also ordered a GAP-10 back in July knowing lead times would grow substantially as the election approached; I'm hoping it will be here by the end of the year.

As far as what I'll be buying today or very shortly-- I've almost burned through an entire case of Wolf MT .22LR this year in my .22LR trainer. I'm down to about 700 left. I'll be ordering another case soon so in about a month and a half when I run out of what I have on hand I won't have to risk any possible shortage (although I doubt the hoarding types will be stockpiling $460/case .22LR ammo...)

What I am hoping for in this feeding frenzy is that I find buyers for a couple rifles that I just recently put up for sale.
smile.gif

As many 285 gn .338 Hornady bullets as I can afford/find.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's guys like you that add fuel to the fire, and help drive up cost from the manufacturers and distributors, and create shortages. There is one thing for sure, President Obama has done more for gun and related supply sales than anyone. Fear is a hell of a motivator. </div></div>

So on that note, I just got back from my morning buying trip and <span style="font-weight: bold">WOW</span> were there a lot of people out buying. I hit three stores and picked up a "few" things. Looks like ARs, Glocks, mags, primers, and powders are the major things flying off the shelves so pretty much what you'd expect. I did two background checks the first one was right when all the stores opened and it took about 20 mins the second one (about 30 mins later) took well over an hour. </div></div>
I could give a shit less what you spend your money on. My point is that when Obama was elected the first time everyone went out on fire thinking the world was coming to an end, the only thing that happened was that supplies got scarce, things went up then after a year or so supply was back to normal (just more expensive), and your sitting on shit you normally have little use for. But it is you money spend as you wish. </div></div>

Is this guys serious?

Dude, I refuse to take 6 months off of shooting again because I had no primers. You can thumb the hell out of your nose at us, but I'm gonna be laughing my ass off at you when you are all butt hurt for not having any large rifle primers, Varget, or H4350.

Panic buying or not. This is happening.

Ty

12k primers and 16lbs of powder later, I'm feeling better. Cabelas was busy this morning. The half hour I was there, there were 7 gun purchases that I saw. Panic buying, that's funny. Implying it's irrational to be prepared in this climate is proof you just don't get it.

LOL, I don't have anything to shoot. Lone me a shell would ya? Not being prepaired before the election if proof you are nieve.lol

It's a good day to be an ammo hoarder!

got bad news for you. Distributors are already limiting actual gunstores to only a few cases of ammo at a time. I heard that this morning from a friend in the biz.

It is already too late gentlemen. I stocked up on what I really need almost a year ago at very reasonable prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and your sitting on shit you normally have little use for. </div></div>

You may be, but to assume everyone is sitting on stockpiles from last time is ludicrous. I shoot a lot and I want to be able to weather a drought so I buy heavy and often. This election will no doubt drive a drought so it would be stupid to not plan accordingly. </div></div>

Exactly right!!! I wasn't into reloading in 08 but got into it shortly thereafter and I do remember what a tough time I had in getting a few things. I didn't buy into all the paranoia back in 08 either.

With that said, last night when Ohio came in Blue I immediately placed a Powder Valley order. They showed the 6.5 140 Hybrids as being in stock then, and most of the way through this morning. I got a call in between 1-2 and they were sold out and my order was backorderd.

On my lunch break I stopped off at the local small sporting goods store and picked up some more powder. After that I swung by my gunsmiths place and ordered my first AR, trigger and Magpul buttstock. He had access to real time suppliers inventory and they were literally flying out the doors... After that, because I have no money left for all new 223 reloading shit, I went to Walmart and picked up a few hundred rounds of 223 ammo....

I guess you could say I'm taking things this go around a little more serious than the last. I've been in the position where I have no components, and trying to source shit during a time like this is pretty difficult. Not to mention the fucking price inflation we are no doubt going to see again....

Doesn't mater for me I'm broke, just to have make do with what I have.

I spent too much stocking up. I just don't want to be in the same place I was last time, buying primers for 3 and 4 times what they normally go for.

I bought 20k primers a week before the election, just in case. In 08 primers were the hardest thing to find around here.

You would think the hoarders would have learned their lesson the first go around?

What confuses me even more is why people didn't stock up 6 months ago?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would think the hoarders would have learned their lesson the first go around?

What confuses me even more is why people didn't stock up 6 months ago? </div></div>

The same reason people buy snow shovels the day it starts to snow. Is it right... far from it but the majority of people attempt to react rather then plan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would think the hoarders would have learned their lesson the first go around?

What confuses me even more is why people didn't stock up 6 months ago? </div></div>

34gv67r.jpg

Not everyone has $10k in cash they can just throw down at once to stock up. Most people will not spend the money unless they need it and I am in firm belief that most people were confident last night the election would go the other way. I know I sure was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would think the hoarders would have learned their lesson the first go around?

The same reason people buy snow shovels the day it starts to snow. Is it right... far from it but the majority of people attempt to react rather then plan. </div></div>

For some reason you think anyone taking advantage of the current supply is somehow panicked or ill prepared. You're wrong. You girls act like prices are already thru the roof. They are the same as when you rocket scientists bought what you thought you might need. Stop thinking you're so much smarter than anyone who makes a purchase after the day you deemed it appropriate to do so.

For some, their wallet is what will dictate what their limits are. I am not buying an AR now for fear I may not be able to. I am buying it because things are improved, financialy, than they were. I am trying to hurry on the purchase of it and its assecories for fear of rising prices.

I was concerned about the primers shortage that we had 4 years ago, so I went and picked up a case a few weeks ago. I am far from a high volume shooter, and dont get out nearly as much as I ise to. I have a decent amount of ammo on hand, and all I want to do is get a couple lbs of powder and I will be set for a good while. While I know the remote possibility exists for restrictions of purchases certain things, like ARs, I think that day is further out than expected, so no need to panic....yet.

Ha, been stocking up all spring and summer. Finished my gun and ammo buying last week. Would always like to have more but oh well. I'll last atleast a year with what I have to reload then back to my surplus. Just for the hell of it though, I bought a few more primers and Varget. Just to be cool like everyone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So....What are you buying tomorrow morning?

</div></div>

Prob. grab some coffee on the way to work. Why stock up before elections? Were you otherwise unprepared?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1990GT50</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So....What are you buying tomorrow morning?

</div></div>
Why stock up before elections? Were you otherwise unprepared? </div></div>

Err umm.. Did you read the thread?

FWIW, 168gr FGMM BTHP SMKs at SG went overnight from $21.80/box to $34.29/box at their "discounted" Buyer's Club pricing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, 168gr FGMM BTHP SMKs at SG went overnight from $21.80/box to $34.29/box at their "discounted" Buyer's Club pricing.</div></div>

Federal GMM .308 prices went up significantly across all manners of distribution. Any ammo you see at the lower price is old stock with all of the new stock being at higher prices. GMM .308 hasn't been available from wholesale for a couple months now, so I guess it's safe to say Federal's better price deal is over with. I talked to one of my reps and he said that Federal sometimes does this when they have built up a significant stock of ammo and move it at a lower price for the majority of a year. I've seen GMM .223 do this in the past as well.

So unfortunately, more expensive GMM is going to be around for a while and it's not price gouging on the dealers end... it's straight from Federal/ATK.

-Sean